C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for not using turn signal...receive 5 tickets...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
This thread send me back to a phone call I had with my MB dealer....

"Sir, do you want us to mount the front plate?"
"Ummmm.. Yes... Yes I do"

Face it, you didn't want to mount the FP because you thought it would make the car look bad. It against the law though... so your going to pay for that.
The way the cop saw it you didn't seem to respect the law. No Reg, How long ago did the temp expire? No Ins card? Why? Too much trouble to throw that in the glove? No front plate? You didn't put it on yet because it’s new? That right there insults the cop’s intelligence. I’m sure he has purchased a new car in his life and KNOWS the dealers put the plates on before you pick up the car unless otherwise told. You told them not to put it on and he knows it. Then you give him some BS about it being new and not getting to it. Aside from all of that, you’re driving a MB. He probably rides a Harley on the weekend so he viewed you as a pompous ***.

The turn signals were just extra tickets because he views you as a respectful citizen.

No I’m not a cop, but I know many.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by dmyrick
I guess it varies with the area. Cops dont make much here. but im thinking that the cost of living in NY is a lot higher than Alabama.
I'm sure it is. Mostly on homes and taxes. Everything else is about the same.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Might not have opened this "Can of Worms" if the turn signals were used.. And you saw the cop behind you..
Old 09-07-2009, 11:02 AM

C63
Originally Posted by MACHC5
Might not have opened this "Can of Worms" if the turn signals were used.. And you saw the cop behind you..
Thats true. when a cop gets on my tail i am a model citizen.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by dmyrick
Cops here do earn about 30-40k i guess it varies with the state.

I do agree with your second statement.

but three tickets for the same minor offense is overboard IMHO
the county mounties here can make $100K easy (well, police work is not "easy", but you know what I mean), same for state troopers. don't know how the few town cops do.

it wasn't three tickets for the same offense, it was three tickets for three infractions. If a cop watches me walk down the street and punch someone in the face, then another, and another, you can be very certain I will get cited for all three punches. This no different than the OP getting three tickets for three failures to signal. I wonder if the OP ever signals?
Old 09-07-2009, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MACHC5
and
Old 09-07-2009, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I was driving through a nice town in NJ with my admittedly ridiculously loud cobra, and although I did less than speed limit, shifted at 2k, etc, I got pulled over and got a loud exhaust ticket. I paid it and went about my business. That is entirely discretionary on the cops part, but instead of thinking that the cop was jealous of my oh so badass mustang, I figured that I was probably in violation of the law.

Stuff happens.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
I think some of you guys are seriously mislead about how much cops make. I know many NJ cops that clear six figures on an annual basis, it's called overtime. Troopers make a higher base as well.

Sucks that the guy gave you five tickets, but you should always signal your turns, period. No excuse there.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
I think some of you guys are seriously mislead about how much cops make. I know many NJ cops that clear six figures on an annual basis, it's called overtime. Troopers make a higher base as well.

Sucks that the guy gave you five tickets, but you should always signal your turns, period. No excuse there.
tell me about it. Apparently someone is teaching NJ residents that turn signals are optional. Either that or that you should leave your turn signal on for about 15 miles while on the highway.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:15 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Oliverk
tell me about it. Apparently someone is teaching NJ residents that turn signals are optional. Either that or that you should leave your turn signal on for about 15 miles while on the highway.
i just love getting behind some one that leaves their turn signal for miles and miles.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
axe muderer with headlights
and people wonder why we need lawyers?

****ing i hate to say it, but get a lawyer so you can be "represented" properly in a court of law.

best of luck!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:00 PM

C63
I was driving through a nice town in NJ with my admittedly ridiculously loud cobra, and although I did less than speed limit, shifted at 2k, etc, I got pulled over and got a loud exhaust ticket. I paid it and went about my business. That is entirely discretionary on the cops part, but instead of thinking that the cop was jealous of my oh so badass mustang, I figured that I was probably in violation of the law.

Stuff happens.
are you going to fix it or just hope you don't get any more tickets?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by iatacs19
and people wonder why we need lawyers?

****ing i hate to say it, but get a lawyer so you can be "represented" properly in a court of law.

best of luck!
i would get a lawer just to see the PIGS face after 90% of the tickets are dismisted.

Last edited by mthis; 09-07-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mthis
i would get a lawer just to see the PIGS face after 90% of the tickets are dismisted.
You mean 80%? Total of five tickets with the turn signal infraction sticking. Just start using your signals.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Sincity
You mean 80%? Total of five tickets with the turn signal infraction sticking. Just start using your signals.
he will pay for 1 ticket out of all he got. so yes 80%
Old 09-07-2009, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
nice attitude.

I'd love to see you call a cop a pig to his face when he pulls you over for street racing.

****ing staten island
Old 09-07-2009, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

if you're going to bash the LEOs so harshly, you'll look less foolish if you do a little spell-checking before posting

and I wonder if you call them "PIGS" when you encounter them in person, or if you call them "sir"

my guess is "sir"
Old 09-07-2009, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nice attitude.

I'd love to see you call a cop a pig to his face when he pulls you over for street racing.

****ing staten island

awesome post
Old 09-07-2009, 12:59 PM

C63
Cops with a few years in can make $100k+ with overtime. Not the average, and maybe not the case in alabama, but don't assume that all cops are earning less than $40k.

If the cop was a car guy, he probably wouldn't be jealous, but would rather appreciate a cool car. If he wasn't a car guy, he probably wouldn't know what made a C63 different.

therefore, what most likely happened is that the cop saw a C-Class breaking multiple traffic laws, and issued the driver the appropriate citations.
the cop was an *******. my friend just got pulled over doing 94 in a 65 and the cop was so nice, he lowered it to an 84 in a 65 and just got one (1!!) ticket. he didn't also get a ticket for careless driving, reckless driving, no front license plate, loud exhaust. if the cop is a dick he'll give you all of the tickets possible. why would you side with them, especially this cop. okay, he deserves the ticket for no turn signal. did he get pulled over for no insurance? no the cop was just an ******* and gave him a ticket for that too. most (not all) abuse their power and you're here saying its right for the cop to give him 5 tickets.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
nice attitude.

****ing staten island
i wont call him a pig for pulling me over for street racing but if he did pull me over for signal and insurance i will for sure and he wont do NOTHING. (and i have done it before and will do it again.)

Last edited by mthis; 09-07-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
if you're going to bash the LEOs so harshly, you'll look less foolish if you do a little spell-checking before posting

and I wonder if you call them "PIGS" when you encounter them in person, or if you call them "sir"

my guess is "sir"
i realy dont giva a ish about what you say about my spelling. i been in this country for 15 years and i have more then half the ppl do on this forum.
i cant belive ppl accualy sick up for pigs that take advantige of there job. thats just sick. or could it be you and oliver are pigs? is that it.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by W204 C63
the cop was an *******. my friend just got pulled over doing 94 in a 65 and the cop was so nice, he lowered it to an 84 in a 65 and just got one (1!!) ticket. he didn't also get a ticket for careless driving, reckless driving, no front license plate, loud exhaust. if the cop is a dick he'll give you all of the tickets possible. why would you side with them, especially this cop. okay, he deserves the ticket for no turn signal. did he get pulled over for no insurance? no the cop was just an ******* and gave him a ticket for that too. most (not all) abuse their power and you're here saying its right for the cop to give him 5 tickets.
You know, its amazing that the youth of this country simply can't take responsibility for their actions.

The cop in your friend's case did him a favor. Maybe he just got promoted, maybe his wife just had a baby, maybe he bought his first Springfield Amory 1911. Regardless, there is no law that says that cops must give people a break.

The cop has discretion, but you have to break the law before they even get the chance to give you a ticket.

So lets see. If you get pulled over for no turn signal, and the cop see some heroin in the back seat, he should just ignore it because thats not why he got pulled over? seriously????

The law says you must have proof of insurance. He did not, and his reason was weak. Cop has every right to ticket him for this, and I'm glad he did. People without insurance suck, so anything can be done to enforce this is great.

Most cops abuse their power? excuse me, but how the **** do you know?

I'm not a cop, none of my family members or friends are cops, and I'm upset when I get pulled over too.

That said, every time you break the law, you take the chance of getting caught.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
now you 2 **** can both unload and have you fun i wont be back in here for this b.s. (*internet cops)

Last edited by mthis; 09-07-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
i wont call him a pig for pulling me over for street racing but if he did pull me over for signal and insurance i will for sure and he wont do NOTHING. (and i have done it before and will do it again.)
wow, what a tough guy you are.

i realy dont giva a ish about what you say about my spelling. i been in this country for 15 years and i have more then half the ppl do on this forum.
i cant belive ppl accualy sick up for pigs that take advantige of there job. thats just sick. or could it be you and oliver are pigs? is that it.
You have more than half the ppl do on this forum? What does that mean? How does that change the fact that in 15 years you still haven't even gotten decent at spelling?

So ticketing people for breaking the law is taking advantage of his job?

Seriously, you are delusional and a sad joke.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:31 PM

C63
This is not an english composition forum. Mthis helps a lot of people on this forum because he knows more about the C63 than just about any body.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for not using turn signal...receive 5 tickets...