C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for not using turn signal...receive 5 tickets...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by dmyrick
This is not an english composition forum. Mthis helps a lot of people on this forum because he knows more about the C63 than just about any body.
like what? How to let other people put bolt ons on his car?

he's got a horrible attitude to match his horrible spelling and grammar.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
he has helped with advise and with at least one instructional video. In fact he making one tomorrow that will show how to remove the charcoal filters.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Just wandering through. Thread is going along pretty much as expected. Have a nice labor day.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by GBlansten
Just wandering through. Thread is going along pretty much as expected. Have a nice labor day.
ain't that the truth!
Old 09-07-2009, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by dmyrick
he has helped with advise and with at least one instructional video. In fact he making one tomorrow that will show how to remove the charcoal filters.
no video needed.

remove airbox covers
remove filters
replace covers

Done.

if you see the black latticework, the charcoal filter sits there.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:13 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Oliverk
no video needed.

remove the intake tubes by pulling them towards the front of the car
lift the engine cover off
remove airbox covers
remove filters
replace covers

Done.
Thank you do i need a special screw driver to remove the air boxes

Last edited by dmyrick; 09-07-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
you'll need a torx bit/driver for the bolts.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:18 PM

C63
thanks again
Old 09-07-2009, 02:21 PM

2007 Corvette Z06/2011 BMW M3
LOL! This thread goes from cop bashing to a filter removal how-to. love it!
Old 09-07-2009, 02:23 PM

C63
At least we're flexible. lol
Old 09-07-2009, 02:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
15 GLA 45, 09 C63, 06 WRX STi
and to get back on topic, all the people saying I broke the law 5 times and therefore deserve 5 tickets is bull****. I have been pulled over MANY times and not ONCE have I ever got more than one ticket, even though I defiantly could have been given more especially in my STi (exhaust, tint, etc).

The point is this cop was an a-hole with something obviously shoved very far up his anus that night, and he decided to use his powers to take it out on me. I wasent speeding, I wasent causing any danger to myself or anyone else, and I spoke very nicely to him...any other cop would have giving me a turn signal ticket and told me to take care of the other things.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
you'll need a torx bit/driver for the bolts.
T25
Old 09-07-2009, 03:16 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Holy ****... long read

There is so much I could say right now... but i just got off from a 14 hour flight

have a good labour day!
Old 09-07-2009, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeffield
Holy ****... long read

There is so much I could say right now... but i just got off from a 14 hour flight

have a good labour day!
And the first thing you did is turn the computer on and logged onto this forum? Go to sleep!
Old 09-07-2009, 03:43 PM

09 c63 blk/blk H&R Springs & 08 e 63 blk/blk
Just move down to south florida! You can remove your lights and blinkers down here no problem. Nobody uses them, they're pointless. What's more, even if you see someone signaling chances are, they forgot to turn the signals off 30 miles ago.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by jstefanop
and to get back on topic, all the people saying I broke the law 5 times and therefore deserve 5 tickets is bull****. I have been pulled over MANY times and not ONCE have I ever got more than one ticket, even though I defiantly could have been given more especially in my STi (exhaust, tint, etc).

The point is this cop was an a-hole with something obviously shoved very far up his anus that night, and he decided to use his powers to take it out on me. I wasent speeding, I wasent causing any danger to myself or anyone else, and I spoke very nicely to him...any other cop would have giving me a turn signal ticket and told me to take care of the other things.
he didn't beat you, he didn't shove a nightstick up your anus, and he didn't arrest you. All he did was give you tickets for the stuff you did wrong.

Sounds like he was just doing his job.

P.S., perhaps you should stop breaking the law since you've gotten pulled over "many times".
Old 09-07-2009, 03:50 PM

C63
he didn't beat you, he didn't shove a nightstick up your anus, and he didn't arrest you. All he did was give you tickets for the stuff you did wrong.

Sounds like he was just doing his job.

P.S., perhaps you should stop breaking the law since you've gotten pulled over "many times".
If you've been pulled over many times the cop probably pulled your rap sheet before he gave those tickets. constant law breaker is probably thought an that pissed him off. starting to understand the cops attitude now.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
I'm not sure why I'm weighing in on this, but if the cop was following you long enough to see you fail to signal three times you really need to pay better attention to your surroundings while you're behind the wheel.

Or just learn to use your signal.

I'm really not trying to bash you but I've been told by a few cops that they won't bother pulling someone over for a single mistake (e.g. turn signal) but if they can get you on more than one infraction it becomes worth their time. Since I've gotten my C63 I've been pulled over eight times. I deserved each one, and yet I've only gotten one ticket. Some of them were for pretty outrageous sh*t, too. It all really depends on your attitude. You make the cop comfortable that you know you're busted and you're not trying to get one by him and that goes a long way towards getting "the talk" and not the ticket.

As far as the front plate goes, it's your responsibility to put it on, not the dealer's. Also, what are you doing driving without proof of insurance? Seriously, what you got was a "get-it-together" ticket.

All that said, I'm sorry it happened. What a pain in the ***.

Josh
Old 09-07-2009, 04:40 PM

'09 C63 AMG, '06 CTS-V
Don't be so quick to label the cop an A55hole.

3 "failure to use turn signal" tickets at one time is ridiculous. Is it the cop's discretion? Yes. But it is ridiculous nonetheless.

To me, that would be like a cop catching you on radar at 73, and clocking your acceleration to 74, then to 75. Do they then write 3 tickets? No. You get 1.

So, in my opinion, you should have only received 1 ticket for failing to use a turn signal. 1 for insurance. 1 for license plate.

Yes, he could have given you a break, but reality is you were in violation. So own up to that my friend.

The good news is this can be avoided in the future by using your turn signal.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by thwalkerjr
Don't be so quick to label the cop an A55hole.

3 "failure to use turn signal" tickets at one time is ridiculous. Is it the cop's discretion? Yes. But it is ridiculous nonetheless.

To me, that would be like a cop catching you on radar at 73, and clocking your acceleration to 74, then to 75. Do they then write 3 tickets? No. You get 1.

So, in my opinion, you should have only received 1 ticket for failing to use a turn signal. 1 for insurance. 1 for license plate.

Yes, he could have given you a break, but reality is you were in violation. So own up to that my friend.

The good news is this can be avoided in the future by using your turn signal.
the three failures to signal would be three discreet events, and therefore three different offenses, like my analogy of punching three different people in succession. Your analogy is more like me punching one guy three times (faster each time ), and that's just one offense.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Look most cities are revenue strapped, and I've noticed it's not a warning anymore its striaght for the ticket book. Forget the "protect and serve" moto, it's about revenue!

In the cops eyes, you didn't pass the attitude check. No insurance card..check, No front plate ..check, lame excuse..check. FYI, when your driving a car to be noticed you will be noticed, the C63 isn't going to turn into a Honda when you drive it slow.

I got pulled over in my CLK63BS for doing 80 in a 65 late at night, my wife was with me and she was saw I was doing 72 (otherwise she wouldn't have believed it). First thing the cop checks is the front plate, next insurance card, he's looking for a bad attitude to do a field sobriety test. Fortunetly I passed the attitude check. Don't give them a reason to make a small issue a large one.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
It's allright, at the end of the day your the one driving a car he can't afford even working all the overtime hours he can get (he still cant afford the payments). Feel bad for them, remember most cops have suffered trauma and decided they wanted to be a cop to eventually **** successful people over.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by GBlansten
And the award for funniest (or is it most funnier...?) reply goes to you, my friend. Congrats and enjoy it in good health.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:16 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Back to the original post. You received everything you deserved. Some people think turn signals are Optional Equipment. The rest is just being irresponsible. I've spent quite a bit of time driving in Europe for the past twenty years and had you done this in any EU country your butt would have been hauled off to jail. Recently I spent the last two years in Croatia (non EU currently) and the fines were the same for no turn signal usage-at least 100 Euros in local currency. A true story-a female coworker (fellow American) of mine got to spend the night in jail in Brataslava-Slovakia because she wasn't able to present her Insurance papers to the police after a minor fender bender. The US Consulate finally got her out the next day. American drivers are some of the most undisciplined drivers in the world. Besides half of them can't drive at all....period. Being an American I'm disappointed-it all goes back to basic training-little or none. Ask your friends when was the last time they used their mirrors? Not using using your mirrors in high speed /general driving can be fatal. So if any of you dudes go to Europe....use your turn signals/mirrors and make sure you have the proper paperwork or go to jail.....

PS: I'm not employed in/by Law Enforcement etc...Executive Management-private industry.

John J
09 C63 AMG+PP-anything else is not important.
Pewter Silver
H&R Springs-(-15mm from stock).
Clear Corners
Future: Pulley, ECU Mod, upgraded rear Rotors-undecided on vendor.
06 GTI-Many mods-DD.

Recent rides:
05 A3-few mods-lousy car.
05 C2S-Many mods. Still miss it.
01 Boxster S-Many mods.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:44 PM

2007 SRT8 Charger, 09' C63
Everybody on this forum keeps saying how important it is to use turn signals which I agree on, BUT i see SOOOOOOO many COPS that don't use theirs. Why is that? I understand in emergency situations when they have their sirens and flashing lights on on. I'm talkking about plain ole' driving around town, they never use it around So. Cal. Also dont get me started on how many CHP's fly around the freeways and highways with their sirens and lights off meaning its not an emergency situation. They should obey the rules and laws like all of us.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for not using turn signal...receive 5 tickets...