C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for not using turn signal...receive 5 tickets...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 02:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
15 GLA 45, 09 C63, 06 WRX STi
Pulled over for not using turn signal...receive 5 tickets...

I cannot believe what just happened tonight, and makes me sick to my stomach on how screwed up our law system is (or more correctly how some cops think they can use their power to **** other people over because they just feel like it).

Ive had my c63 for a few weeks and was going down Route 9 in poughkeepsee, NY (which is a 3 lane road with lots of lights). I come up to a light an notice an unmarked cruiser behind me, I do a legal U turn and dont have my blinker on (i never put my blinker on in those situations because those lanes are specifically marked for left hand or U turns).

So the cop pull me over, and I honestly did not know why...he comes up to me and says he pulled me over for not turning on my turn signal and asks me for my paper work...im very nice to him and explain that i just got the car and only have my temp registration and didnt have a chance to put the insurance card in my car. Hes like ok all pissed off, goes to the front of my car sees no plate and asks why...i explain again to him i just got the car and the dealer never put the plate on.

He walks back to his cruiser and about 20 minutes later pops out with 5 tickets in his hand...he gives me 3 separate tickets for no turn signal (apparently he had been fallowing me for a while) a ticket for not plate and a ticket for no insurance. I look at him surprised, but didnt want to start **** and took the tickets and wished him a good night (which pissed him off even more it seems)

5 damn tickets for being pulled over for a turn signal...thats 500-700 dollars worth of fines. I really think he saw my car, got jealous and decided to slap me with everything possible since I make an honest living and can afford it and hes stuck in a town cop car pulling people over. Stuff like that is criminal.

And here I though that when i got my C63 it would be a sleeper car compared to my STi I have been driving and never get pulled over...and I get ****ed with this car 5 times as much as any other time I have been pulled over with m STi...guess thats my luck

Thank god the insurance and plate should easily be dropped since I have insurance and I can stick the plate on there, and if the judge dosent have a stick up his a-hole like this cop did will reduce the 3 turn signal tickets into one.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Sooon
Hey that sucks man, i hope everything works out
Old 09-07-2009, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Ohhh man u got of easy. I cant even start with all the legal fee I been paying since I got this car. It's way over 10g from laiers and tickets

Anyway hope it works out for u get a lire they work they way around things
Old 09-07-2009, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
just go to court no need for a laweyer, if the judge is half a person he will see the cop is a douche and drop/reduce charges!
Old 09-07-2009, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's pretty f***ed up from the Cop's side... The ones around where i am would just give a verbal, and then mention "nice car" and drive off.

But yeah, fix-it tickets do hurt. I don't know how they are over in NY, but in Cali each INFRACTION on the ticket is $25 to pay off, and i had three infractions a month ago. Hopefully yours will definitely be cheaper.

And don't let the stupid cops fool you into thinking all of them are mean like that. It's sad though, how one can create a bad image for the rest of the crowd.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:51 AM

C63
ny state troopers are aholes, no doubt.

i got all my speeding tickets on i-87 from nyc to montreal. i got pulled over, but i've never received a single ticket in nyc/long island.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:21 AM

c63
Are you black by any chance?

Just kidding, but seriously though are you a minority?
Old 09-07-2009, 04:05 AM

B200, C70 HPT Coupe
Wow man, that's f**cked. I hope everything works out for you. You deserve it after having to deal with that.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
Actually ppl I know these days have been getting pulled over for things ppl never usually get pulled over for.
Lets face it..."bailout" screwed it up for all of us so I would advise everyone to be careful.

I got hit with "no insurance" ticket while getting caught for speeding. I had my OLD card but couldn't find the new one (which I found 5 min later) and the cop still gave me a no insurance ticket. Made me waste 3 hrs in court and pay court fees just to show the judge I had insurance. Ridiculous!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 07:36 AM

2009 C63 and 2008 BMW M5
Originally Posted by jstefanop
I cannot believe what just happened tonight, and makes me sick to my stomach on how screwed up our law system is (or more correctly how some cops think they can use their power to **** other people over because they just feel like it).

Ive had my c63 for a few weeks and was going down Route 9 in poughkeepsee, NY (which is a 3 lane road with lots of lights). I come up to a light an notice an unmarked cruiser behind me, I do a legal U turn and dont have my blinker on (i never put my blinker on in those situations because those lanes are specifically marked for left hand or U turns).

So the cop pull me over, and I honestly did not know why...he comes up to me and says he pulled me over for not turning on my turn signal and asks me for my paper work...im very nice to him and explain that i just got the car and only have my temp registration and didnt have a chance to put the insurance card in my car. Hes like ok all pissed off, goes to the front of my car sees no plate and asks why...i explain again to him i just got the car and the dealer never put the plate on.

He walks back to his cruiser and about 20 minutes later pops out with 5 tickets in his hand...he gives me 3 separate tickets for no turn signal (apparently he had been fallowing me for a while) a ticket for not plate and a ticket for no insurance. I look at him surprised, but didnt want to start **** and took the tickets and wished him a good night (which pissed him off even more it seems)

5 damn tickets for being pulled over for a turn signal...thats 500-700 dollars worth of fines. I really think he saw my car, got jealous and decided to slap me with everything possible since I make an honest living and can afford it and hes stuck in a town cop car pulling people over. Stuff like that is criminal.

And here I though that when i got my C63 it would be a sleeper car compared to my STi I have been driving and never get pulled over...and I get ****ed with this car 5 times as much as any other time I have been pulled over with m STi...guess thats my luck

Thank god the insurance and plate should easily be dropped since I have insurance and I can stick the plate on there, and if the judge dosent have a stick up his a-hole like this cop did will reduce the 3 turn signal tickets into one.
Now just because he gave you tickets doesn't mean he is stuck as a town cop. You did something wrong and was given tickets for it. Lets not put anything else into this and learn from your mistakes in the future.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:46 AM

C63 AMG
thats freakin sick mate...
Old 09-07-2009, 09:02 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
11' R8 - 11' RR Sport
I saw a black C63 get pulled over last night on the taconic south, while I was coming back down from fishkill in my Silver one..I had my gf driving, but is yours black?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
You should have sneezed on his hand followed by and "excuse me!!" when he gave you the ticket.

I've done that on two very unfair occasions and it made me drive away feeling a little bit more like I won.....

Was it beautiful weather? Sometimes its sunny crusing envy.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Just a word of advice.

1. Always, always, always use your turn signal for anything. True enough, that was rather silly for you to get pulled over for it, but it is a law and it is upon the discretion of the officer.

2. Never drive a car without at least a dealer temp tag on it.
3. Always keep an insurance card in the car.

Now you should be able to get those tickets dismissed by showing proof of insurance, tag, etc, but on that turn signal IDK. Good luck, hope that can get dismissed.

I have a lot of relatives and friends in law enforcement, which helps a lot, but now a lot a cities in tight financial times are issuing tickets on crazy stuff, trying to generate revenue.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:31 AM

C63
Thats crazy man, i hope your going to court to fight. three tickets for not using a turn signal if the cop was going to stop you he should have done it on the first one.
The cops down here are much nicer I once got a warning in my slk55 for doing 99mph in a 65 zone. and i didn't even have to show him my *****. lol
Old 09-07-2009, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
so you admit you made turns/lane changes without your turn signal?
You admit that you "hadn't had a chance to put your insurance card in your car"?

Basically you broke the law, got caught, and are now trying to blame it on a cop being jealous of a $60k vehicle? Please.

Take some responsibility, put the insurance card in your car (haven't had a chance, come on now), and get your plates on there.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Its Labor Day weekend, the cops are all out giving tickets to keep the death toll statistics down. At least they do that here in Texas.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:45 AM

C63
I've got a disabled vet tag on my car. I thought it would help me get out of tickets but no luck, but the officer did lower my speed to just 20 over the limit. i was running about 95 in a 65 and he put down 85 nice guy it was only a $153 ticket.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
you got 5 tickets for 5 infractions. seems about right to me.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
you got 5 tickets for 5 infractions. seems about right to me.
NOOOO!!! Couldn't be. Obviously the cop was jealous of his C-class.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:17 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Oliverk
NOOOO!!! Couldn't be. Obviously the cop was jealous of his C-class.
You don't thinks cops can be jealous, what do you think they make like 30-40k per year of course they can be jealous of someone driving a Mercedes and of course they can be pissed off because of it, they are only human.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by dmyrick
You don't thinks cops can be jealous, what do you think they make like 30-40k per year of course they can be jealous of someone driving a Mercedes and of course they can be pissed off because of it, they are only human.
Cops with a few years in can make $100k+ with overtime. Not the average, and maybe not the case in alabama, but don't assume that all cops are earning less than $40k.

If the cop was a car guy, he probably wouldn't be jealous, but would rather appreciate a cool car. If he wasn't a car guy, he probably wouldn't know what made a C63 different.

therefore, what most likely happened is that the cop saw a C-Class breaking multiple traffic laws, and issued the driver the appropriate citations.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by dmyrick
Cops in my area make about 100K a year. Some even make 120K with OT.

You don't need to make a lot of money to own a C63.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:36 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Oliverk
Cops with a few years in can make $100k+ with overtime. Not the average, and maybe not the case in alabama, but don't assume that all cops are earning less than $40k.

If the cop was a car guy, he probably wouldn't be jealous, but would rather appreciate a cool car. If he wasn't a car guy, he probably wouldn't know what made a C63 different.

therefore, what most likely happened is that the cop saw a C-Class breaking multiple traffic laws, and issued the driver the appropriate citations.
Cops here do earn about 30-40k i guess it varies with the state.

I do agree with your second statement.

but three tickets for the same minor offense is overboard IMHO
Old 09-07-2009, 10:42 AM

C63
Originally Posted by propain
Cops in my area make about 100K a year. Some even make 120K with OT.

You don't need to make a lot of money to own a C63.
I guess it varies with the area. Cops dont make much here. but im thinking that the cost of living in NY is a lot higher than Alabama.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for not using turn signal...receive 5 tickets...