C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for not using turn signal...receive 5 tickets...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 11:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
15 GLA 45, 09 C63, 06 WRX STi
Originally Posted by Oliverk
he didn't beat you, he didn't shove a nightstick up your anus, and he didn't arrest you. All he did was give you tickets for the stuff you did wrong.

Sounds like he was just doing his job.

P.S., perhaps you should stop breaking the law since you've gotten pulled over "many times".
oliverk you can stop playing advocate here, and im pretty sure your thoughts will change completely if you receive 5 tickets in one shot.

Im not arguing I didnt deserve it, nor am I arguing that I did not break the law. The point that I am making is that almost everyone that gets pulled over a cop could easily find multiple stuff to give a tickets to, but if they are a sane human being will give that one ticket they were pulled over for or not give anything at all.

There no way you can argue that it was right to be giving 5 tickets over a turn signal, otherwise everyone that gets pulled over would be giving tickets for everything they do wrong, but thats not how it works.

Obviously this guy had some sort of other issues going on, and no my previous record has nothing to do with it since the last ticket Ive had was over 18 months ago and not on my record.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
You guys might want to try a more mileage and wallet friendly option... there are plenty to chose from, from MBW forum sponsor Tire Rack:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...=54100&tab=All
i ordered the Bridgestone potenza pole position for my second set of rear tires. looks like longer tread wear. 255/35R18 serv desg 90Y
Old 09-07-2009, 11:23 PM

C63
Originally Posted by jstefanop
oliverk you can stop playing advocate here, and im pretty sure your thoughts will change completely if you receive 5 tickets in one shot.

Im not arguing I didnt deserve it, nor am I arguing that I did not break the law. The point that I am making is that almost everyone that gets pulled over a cop could easily find multiple stuff to give a tickets to, but if they are a sane human being will give that one ticket they were pulled over for or not give anything at all.

There no way you can argue that it was right to be giving 5 tickets over a turn signal, otherwise everyone that gets pulled over would be giving tickets for everything they do wrong, but thats not how it works.

Obviously this guy had some sort of other issues going on, and no my previous record has nothing to do with it since the last ticket Ive had was over 18 months ago and not on my record.
No tag, no insurance, no turn signal. you deserved at least three and all of them were just plan dumb
Old 09-07-2009, 11:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 040 Black C63, 2009 Arctic White G55, 2012 Storm Red CLS550 4Matic
You know, its amazing that the youth of this country simply can't take responsibility for their actions.

The cop in your friend's case did him a favor. Maybe he just got promoted, maybe his wife just had a baby, maybe he bought his first Springfield Amory 1911. Regardless, there is no law that says that cops must give people a break.

The cop has discretion, but you have to break the law before they even get the chance to give you a ticket.

So lets see. If you get pulled over for no turn signal, and the cop see some heroin in the back seat, he should just ignore it because thats not why he got pulled over? seriously????

The law says you must have proof of insurance. He did not, and his reason was weak. Cop has every right to ticket him for this, and I'm glad he did. People without insurance suck, so anything can be done to enforce this is great.

Most cops abuse their power? excuse me, but how the **** do you know?

I'm not a cop, none of my family members or friends are cops, and I'm upset when I get pulled over too.

That said, every time you break the law, you take the chance of getting caught.

how do i know that cops abuse their powers? well on many ocassions have i seen cops talking on their cellphones while driving, (something thats illegal and WE citizens would get tickets for) turning without their signals, making illegal u-turn. the list is never ending.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by kngof9x
dont feel bad. i got 4 tickets in one shot. i ahd a lady going tp 55 then slamming on her brakes back down to 45 and doing it over and over in the left lane, and the guy in the middke had me boxed in doing 50ish. a bike then squeezes between us almost knocking my mirror off. i then go to zip around them from the right because that lane was empty, when i was going from the middle to the right i looked again just out of habit but a split second before everything was clear, i see something and swerve back to the middle lane. knowing my luck it was a ny state trooper flying in the right lane. he said i was doing 81 so he must have been doing well over 100 for me not to see him,plus no lights or sirens on. he pulls me over and says "i was going after the guy on the bike, he was going to get a whole bunch of tickets but you got in my way, now YOU'RE going to get them." i got 81 in a 55, reckless driving, unsafe lane change, no turn signal, i used my tun signal, not when i swerved out of his way though, i guess i should have stayed in the lane and let him nail me so i can sue. i was being super nice to him also. he said "license registration!" i said no insurance card? his response "im sure you have insurance on this" i then explained i had no registration because it was 2weeks old and it was a temp on the windshield to which he said "whos car is this??" and i answered its mine, its under my name, he smirked and yanked my license and came back with 4tickets which total to 16points, i have my 3rd court date on friday 9/11. i mean wtf?? i didnt deserve to get nailed like that, he was pissed and got even more pissed when he found out it was my car bwecause im 25yrs old, i work my *** off and i have a nice car. and now im hoping i dont get nailed by the judge because if i dont have a license i lose my job and i support my mom and sis with my income. effed up
this is what im talking about. they abuse there powers by just having the ***** to say, "now YOURE getting the tickets". im sorry man i hope all goes well in court
Old 09-07-2009, 11:47 PM

Sounds like you were about to do a two lane slide, pass 2 cars on the right, and were speeding.

Despite the bike also deserving a ticket, it sounds like you got what you deserved.
so youre saying that it was okay for the cop to speak to him that way?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by Ludatwix70
if u watch the video of him tracking the c63, he was drifting the car A LOT
so its no surprise he wore em down so fast
yes, I watch the show (TiVo!)

I didn't say I was surprised, did i?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Stage I RennTech E55
thanks chris, nassau is all about revenue. their cops and suffolk county are the highest paid cops in america, hopefully i'll pay some fines.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

link, please.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:49 AM

09 c63 blk/blk H&R Springs & 08 e 63 blk/blk
Originally Posted by Phin
[/B]

is that with no wheel spinning?...are you running a soft compound tire?..if not,depending on quality of tire you're buying that($2000) seems like a set and a half...is it an alignment problem(car not properly dropped)so that you're wearing out the inside of the tread?...just curious...
It is a set an a half. Changed my rear stockies out at 4500 and then got a brand new set (4) at 10,000. Only had the car dropped on H&R s for the past 200 miles so we'll see how it goes. Im under the impression that the stiffness of the springs combined with the amount of power to rear wheels is what wears them out so fast
Old 09-08-2009, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Chris420
how do i know that cops abuse their powers? well on many ocassions have i seen cops talking on their cellphones while driving, (something thats illegal and WE citizens would get tickets for) turning without their signals, making illegal u-turn. the list is never ending.
Actually, how do you know that they're not using it to contact their superiors (sergeants, lieutenants, etc?) Using radios to clog up the line to ask "did i leave XXXXXXX in the office/ in your cruiser" constantly is just plain dumb. So in other words, peace officers are LEGALLY allowed to talk on their cell phones. I would know this, because theres a damn police code for "call by phone," and i listen to radio traffic all the time (i work for a police dept., but no i'm not a cop)

I don't know so much about illegal u-turns though, and i definitely get your point in how cops CAN abuse their powers (cell phones to call family or whatever), but that's just a perk of being a cop i guess.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by soldier2304
Let's see i have 13000 miles thus far and have allready gone thru my 5th set of rear tires and 2nd set of front tires. That's about $3000 in a year and a half in JUST tires and i dont even burnout or waste my tires unconsciously like some people do. To add more, i have about 20% front brake pad wear left and 25% on the back with just 13k miles. Dealer has quoted me around $2k for all 4 pads + sensors including labor. That's gonna be allredy $5k spent in a year and a half in just maintenance costs. You never pay that much on a regular benz, not even in 50k miles you'll probly pay that much on any other non-AMG Mercedes
WOW. Are you serious?

What brand and type of tires are you using? I know this is a little off-topic, but perhaps a different type of tire would get better results?
Old 09-08-2009, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by g.smiley
It is a set an a half. Changed my rear stockies out at 4500 and then got a brand new set (4) at 10,000. Only had the car dropped on H&R s for the past 200 miles so we'll see how it goes. Im under the impression that the stiffness of the springs combined with the amount of power to rear wheels is what wears them out so fast
There are many many cars that develop WAY more power and have springs with similar stiffness that get far more mileage out of a set of tires. For instance, a car with 800+bhp and drag radials gets 10k+ miles out of its rear tires.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:13 AM

C63
boy, the topics are really jumping around on this thread
Old 09-08-2009, 09:57 AM

18 GLS550
F@!# the police!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by thepinoc
Actually, how do you know that they're not using it to contact their superiors (sergeants, lieutenants, etc?) Using radios to clog up the line to ask "did i leave XXXXXXX in the office/ in your cruiser" constantly is just plain dumb. So in other words, peace officers are LEGALLY allowed to talk on their cell phones. I would know this, because theres a damn police code for "call by phone," and i listen to radio traffic all the time (i work for a police dept., but no i'm not a cop)

I don't know so much about illegal u-turns though, and i definitely get your point in how cops CAN abuse their powers (cell phones to call family or whatever), but that's just a perk of being a cop i guess.
D.C. has had a ban on non-hands-free cell phone use while driving for a while, and the police were excempt. The number one complaint about police behavior became their cellphone use, so the new cheif (she's been in office less than a year) decided to revoke the excemption. D.C. police must now use hands-free technology to make any cell call while on the road, and are subject to the same penalties as civilians.

And my tires were fine when I bought the car with < 17K mile, probably had about half tread left. The edges are now wearing down, wear bars are creeping up, and new tires are on the horizon, after about 3K miles of my driving. Dammit!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by i_am_amused
D.C. has had a ban on non-hands-free cell phone use while driving for a while, and the police were excempt. The number one complaint about police behavior became their cellphone use, so the new cheif (she's been in office less than a year) decided to revoke the excemption. D.C. police must now use hands-free technology to make any cell call while on the road, and are subject to the same penalties as civilians.

And my tires were fine when I bought the car with < 17K mile, probably had about half tread left. The edges are now wearing down, wear bars are creeping up, and new tires are on the horizon, after about 3K miles of my driving. Dammit!
Ouch! I did not know that the perk was revoked over there. So... can you call the cops on cops? ROFL

And burning rubber is but a small side-effect of having a fast car... I mean, my tires last me two to three years, but comn, is it worth it if a v6 camry is faster than you?
Old 09-08-2009, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by soldier2304
Let's see i have 13000 miles thus far and have allready gone thru my 5th set of rear tires and 2nd set of front tires. That's about $3000 in a year and a half in JUST tires and i dont even burnout or waste my tires unconsciously like some people do. To add more, i have about 20% front brake pad wear left and 25% on the back with just 13k miles. Dealer has quoted me around $2k for all 4 pads + sensors including labor. That's gonna be allredy $5k spent in a year and a half in just maintenance costs. You never pay that much on a regular benz, not even in 50k miles you'll probly pay that much on any other non-AMG Mercedes
You know the full front and rear pad set costs around $500, right? Your dealer found a goldmine when you walked in.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
Originally Posted by bigben320e
WOW. Are you serious?

What brand and type of tires are you using? I know this is a little off-topic, but perhaps a different type of tire would get better results?
NONONO different tire would yield no better results....you need a different driver
Old 09-08-2009, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Did the bipolar kid make this thread?
Old 09-08-2009, 01:40 PM

2007 E63 AMG
I cannot believe what just happened tonight, and makes me sick to my stomach on how screwed up our law system is (or more correctly how some cops think they can use their power to **** other people over because they just feel like it).

Ive had my c63 for a few weeks and was going down Route 9 in poughkeepsee, NY (which is a 3 lane road with lots of lights). I come up to a light an notice an unmarked cruiser behind me, I do a legal U turn and dont have my blinker on (i never put my blinker on in those situations because those lanes are specifically marked for left hand or U turns).

So the cop pull me over, and I honestly did not know why...he comes up to me and says he pulled me over for not turning on my turn signal and asks me for my paper work...im very nice to him and explain that i just got the car and only have my temp registration and didnt have a chance to put the insurance card in my car. Hes like ok all pissed off, goes to the front of my car sees no plate and asks why...i explain again to him i just got the car and the dealer never put the plate on.

He walks back to his cruiser and about 20 minutes later pops out with 5 tickets in his hand...he gives me 3 separate tickets for no turn signal (apparently he had been fallowing me for a while) a ticket for not plate and a ticket for no insurance. I look at him surprised, but didnt want to start **** and took the tickets and wished him a good night (which pissed him off even more it seems)

5 damn tickets for being pulled over for a turn signal...thats 500-700 dollars worth of fines. I really think he saw my car, got jealous and decided to slap me with everything possible since I make an honest living and can afford it and hes stuck in a town cop car pulling people over. Stuff like that is criminal.

And here I though that when i got my C63 it would be a sleeper car compared to my STi I have been driving and never get pulled over...and I get ****ed with this car 5 times as much as any other time I have been pulled over with m STi...guess thats my luck

Thank god the insurance and plate should easily be dropped since I have insurance and I can stick the plate on there, and if the judge dosent have a stick up his a-hole like this cop did will reduce the 3 turn signal tickets into one.

Route 9, good road!!!!
cops Good Luck
Old 09-08-2009, 01:53 PM

C63
Originally Posted by pointman
Did the bipolar kid make this thread?
i take offense to that comment i'm bi-polar
Old 09-08-2009, 02:18 PM

MB
The OP is winner of epic propotions

Old 09-08-2009, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by dmyrick
i take offense to that comment i'm bi-polar
So cry about it... then laugh later.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:28 PM

C63
Originally Posted by pointman
So cry about it... then laugh later.
stick to subjects you know something about. our keep your stupid *** opinions to yourself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for not using turn signal...receive 5 tickets...