trunk rubbing/hitting bumper issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
trunk rubbing/hitting bumper issue

i finally found this thread https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...82-recall.html but i wanted to start one that focuses on this particular issue.

so today i was looking over my damage from my last hit and run. and i saw some scrap marks which i thought it was from the rear bumper being hit and pushed up against my taillight and rear bumper. upon closer inspection, i noticed that i had the same little scratches on the other side where the bumper wasn't hit. and that's what made me think of this one thread about some recall and people getting emails.

well, i've had the car for a while now. and haven't heard a single thing. my cars been in for 2 services, detail work, and damage estimate, and never was once told of this.

update:

upon even closer inspection. it looks to me that the problem was fixed without my knowledge. i looked over all my service records and couldn't find anything on it. i wanted to see the trunk hit the bumper myself and it seemed way too far. even slightly pushing down on the trunk lid couldn't get it even close to the bumper. but the marks are on the bumper and on the trunk where they met. i looked a little deeper and traced the edges and i found scraps on the edge of the fender and on the trunk where they met. it's right below where the spoiler is. this is crazy especially if they fixed this without telling me
Attached Thumbnails trunk rubbing/hitting bumper issue-img_9501.jpg   trunk rubbing/hitting bumper issue-img_9504.jpg  

Last edited by bluejae; 09-25-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Got the same thing as you in the 1st picture, but not as bad. Been there since I got the car.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
Originally Posted by chubbs032
Got the same thing as you in the 1st picture, but not as bad. Been there since I got the car.
I had the same scuff marks on the top of the rear bumper where the trunklid's corners come down when it closes. I showed it to the service department and they adjusted the trunklid (by turning the two screws on the bottom edge of the trunklid) and voila, problem was solved.

Oh, they also repainted my bumper for me.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
glad you guys got taken care of. hopefully they'll do the same for me. i gave them a call and they said they got the bulletin for my car on 9/11. they said they will look at it next time i'm in.

did anyone else have other damage other than on the bumper like me?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Update: the damage to my bumper was taken care of because i had to get my rear bumper replaced anyway...

the dealer fixed the trunk issue, but now i have to close it so hard it makes me cringe each time... but anyway, i still had slight damage on the fender and the hood where they made contact... apparently they don't do any body work there so they suggested i take it to park place bodywerks, which is where i took my car for other repairs

bodywerks suggested that since it's minimal that i might be better off just leaving it alone, because it might end up looking worse if i tried to get it painted or whatever... and idk if it's just me, but am i being too **** about this? my car wouldn't have had that damage there if it weren't for the trunk problem... am i supposed to just forget about it and hope that it won't haunt me in the future
Old 01-21-2010, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
It's your car, you should have it exactly how you want it. More power to you for taking care of your car and keeping it MINT. I remember taking it in and they automatically fixed it for me and just told me they did. I haven't checked on the damage but I will tonight.

Keep up the ****-ness. You paid for it. You should have it just right or raise hell...
Old 01-21-2010, 05:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, BMW 135i

Be as **** as you like, I know I am. My family thinks stupidly so. All my cars have even the slightest marks removed, wether it requires just a buff or a full panel respray. Those marks on your car would be more than I could bear. As they were caused by a manufacturing fault, MB should fix them. I warn any new dealer I’m buying from about my overboard approach to the presentation of my cars. In fact they see them when I drive in. My MB dealer fixed a number of very minor marks on my C63 without question.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
thanks for the replies, glad i'm not alone
Old 01-26-2010, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
Originally Posted by bluejae
thanks for the replies, glad i'm not alone
You go to Park Place too..??