Sponsored by:

Downingtown, PA - Full Kleeman?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 Performance Package - Steel Grey/Sahara Biege
Downingtown, PA - Full Kleeman?

Just dropped my C63 off for service this morning at MB of West Chester and the service manager was telling me about a Downingtown, PA guy with a bad-*** C63. Kleeman ECU and exhaust per the stories.

Any truth to the rumor? Is it anyone on this board? I'm in the neighborhood and would love to see/hear this thing. (I've never even seen another C63 on the road)
Old 10-30-2009, 09:48 AM

2009 c63
z99 is in Philly w/ a K2 - and it sounds pretty impressive
Old 10-30-2009, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hit up Z99, he is a really cool guy.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
How about taylorcoleman?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:02 PM

Mercedes AMG C63
I have my car at PES Tuning right now. It already has the ECU flash (can be seen at Fabspeed.com). PES is putting the headers and downpipes in as we speak. I will have it back next week.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by makeitbettr
I have my car at PES Tuning right now. It already has the ECU flash (can be seen at Fabspeed.com). PES is putting the headers and downpipes in as we speak. I will have it back next week.
K2?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:10 PM

Mercedes AMG C63
I am having Kleemann headers and downpipes put on right now, and should have it back next week. You can see my car with the ECU flash at Fabspeed.com.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:13 PM

Mercedes AMG C63
I am not sure if it is called K2, but it is the headers and downpipes from Kleemann to fit AMG 63 cars.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:47 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by chubbs032
How about taylorcoleman?
Taylorcoleman is in the 'Burgh...

And since we're on the topic of Philly C63's, slight threadjack...

I see a black C63 every once and awhile when I'm walking home from work. It's always heading north on 16th street in Center City, turning left onto Ben Franklin Parkway.

Anyone here?
Old 10-30-2009, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by cdd

I see a black C63 every once and awhile when I'm walking home from work. It's always heading north on 16th street in Center City, turning left onto Ben Franklin Parkway.

Anyone here?
You still putting ~100 miles per year on your C55?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Z99

c63 amg
Originally Posted by cdd

Anyone here?
That could be me.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Z99

c63 amg
Originally Posted by clktoc63
Just dropped my C63 off for service this morning at MB of West Chester and the service manager was telling me about a Downingtown, PA guy with a bad-*** C63. Kleeman ECU and exhaust per the stories.

Any truth to the rumor? Is it anyone on this board? I'm in the neighborhood and would love to see/hear this thing. (I've never even seen another C63 on the road)
Not sure. It could be me. I leave near King of Prussia. I have had my car serviced at a few dealers around here and have settled with euro motorcars in Devon. Great mechanic. All the service advisors like to start it up just to hear the sound. Just got an email from Bob Brody from Renntech. He had heard about the car's performance on the track as well. Not sure from who. Did Bertil Roos at Nj Motorsports park on the 23rd. Maybe from one of the track members. The track offers membership and there were some serious machines out there. Ran with some Porsches. One was a turbo with x package. Nice guy, but he could not keep up. Even on the straights. Has his car on e bay now. I am thinking about a dedicated track car. But, unless I spent 150 K on GTRRS, I think I will end up being disappointed versus what I have now. When I first arrived at the track no one even noticed the car. A black 4 door sleeper at the back of the line waiting for inspection. After the first session everyone from instructors to participants came out to check out car. An instructor asked to ride with me. He has a 2007 z06 with Hossiers. He was very impressed with the grip and speed of the car. If you want to hear it, I do have a pretty lousy video up on one of the threads. if you are think about doing the K2, you will be very happy. I have heard nothing but compliments about the sound. My wife hated my RS4 with Millteck full exhaust. She loves the C63 sound.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Z99

c63 amg
Originally Posted by cdd

Anyone here?
If you see a John Works Cooper doing same route, that would be me as well.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:04 PM

Cool guys, I'm dying to hear one of these cars in person, I'm sure the videos don't do any of them justice.

For what it's worth, a guy at my gym told me that there's a very casual "coffee and cars" meet at the Starbucks on 202 (Dillworthtown Shopping Center...1/2 mile south of the MB Dealer). I think it's mostly Porsche's but I'm told it's a casual meet up and then a tour around the area.

I've never done it, but it could be a good place to meet up. Anyone feel free to PM me if you're ever interested...and we ever get some nice weather.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Z99
Not sure. It could be me. I leave near King of Prussia. I have had my car serviced at a few dealers around here and have settled with euro motorcars in Devon. Great mechanic. All the service advisors like to start it up just to hear the sound. Just got an email from Bob Brody from Renntech. He had heard about the car's performance on the track as well. Not sure from who. Did Bertil Roos at Nj Motorsports park on the 23rd. Maybe from one of the track members. The track offers membership and there were some serious machines out there. Ran with some Porsches. One was a turbo with x package. Nice guy, but he could not keep up. Even on the straights. Has his car on e bay now. I am thinking about a dedicated track car. But, unless I spent 150 K on GTRRS, I think I will end up being disappointed versus what I have now. When I first arrived at the track no one even noticed the car. A black 4 door sleeper at the back of the line waiting for inspection. After the first session everyone from instructors to participants came out to check out car. An instructor asked to ride with me. He has a 2007 z06 with Hossiers. He was very impressed with the grip and speed of the car. If you want to hear it, I do have a pretty lousy video up on one of the threads. if you are think about doing the K2, you will be very happy. I have heard nothing but compliments about the sound. My wife hated my RS4 with Millteck full exhaust. She loves the C63 sound.
MB of Devon (just recently purchased, so now Euro Motorcars - Devon) is a great dealership... have been going there for the last 7+ years, and can't recommend them enough. Great group of people.

Hope to see your 63 around - would love to hear it at WOT.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
MB of Devon (just recently purchased, so now Euro Motorcars - Devon) is a great dealership... have been going there for the last 7+ years, and can't recommend them enough. Great group of people.

Hope to see your 63 around - would love to hear it at WOT.
Careful who you promote. I WAS a customer of theirs...bought my clk500 there. Then 2.5 years later put my order (and the deposit) in way ahead of time for my C63. Car came in without the full perf package, and as they were going back and forth with MB on how to handle it they were giving me updates every day. Then I hadn't heard from them for 3 days and I was so anxious to bring her home so i called for the status and found out that they stopped calling because they just went and sold it...with MY DEPOSIT on it.

Their excuse? (Drum roll...) "A major league baseball player came in and wanted the car."

Yeah, so some multi-millionaire is out there driving my car, with my deposit still on it. Classy move.

After a week or so of phone calls, I did get my deposit back. I've turned many customers away from them and will continue to do so. I'm sure the same people are still working there, even with new management.

Damn, I had gotten over it, but now I'm all fired up again just thinking about it.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Careful who you promote. I WAS a customer of theirs...bought my clk500 there. Then 2.5 years later put my order (and the deposit) in way ahead of time for my C63. Car came in without the full perf package, and as they were going back and forth with MB on how to handle it they were giving me updates every day. Then I hadn't heard from them for 3 days and I was so anxious to bring her home so i called for the status and found out that they stopped calling because they just went and sold it...with MY DEPOSIT on it.

Their excuse? (Drum roll...) "A major league baseball player came in and wanted the car."

Yeah, so some multi-millionaire is out there driving my car, with my deposit still on it. Classy move.

After a week or so of phone calls, I did get my deposit back. I've turned many customers away from them and will continue to do so. I'm sure the same people are still working there, even with new management.

Damn, I had gotten over it, but now I'm all fired up again just thinking about it.
Yikes - that's horrible, sorry to hear it. Guess I should've clarified - I've never purchased any vehicles from them, but have been going there for service for years and they've been consistently exceptional to work with in that specific regard.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Z99

c63 amg

Sorry to hear.That is a horrible experience. I have never bought car from them. But, under new management they have a new service manager. I also found their mechanics to be the best around here. I have one guy working on my car and he is very good. I can only recommend their service department and the mechanic that works on my car. He installed my H&Rs and checks my car after every track event. Catches small wear issues and fixes them. They truly like the car and get excited when my times on the track improve. He also found an oil leak in 10 minutes while two other dealers could not find the source after looking for days.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:41 PM

Mercedes AMG C63
Limited Slip Diff.

Does anyone think it is necessary to put a rear Limited lip Diff on my C63? It is an 08, and this was not an option when I bought it. Kleemann make one, but it is very expensive.