C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

how to rev your engine?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c63
how to rev your engine?

if you rev up your engine on N, and then drop it down to D will it be good for a drag race? or reving your engine on N is bad for the car?
Old 12-15-2009, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by bigheadnyc
if you rev up your engine on N, and then drop it down to D will it be good for a drag race? or reving your engine on N is bad for the car?

Are you an AE?

IP check on aisle nine please.

I like this one btw.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:32 PM

2010 c63
whats ae?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:15 PM

2010 c63
anyone know how to rev it correctly? i watch top gear and i see clarkson reving an automatic x5M before moving, ?
Old 12-15-2009, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
Old 12-15-2009, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Also you would accidentally your transmission.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Oh boy, are you serious? You might create some bigger problems one day by dropping the hammer like that, you might want to read and do some very important searches on this forum, like "how to launch your C63" or something along those lines before you get ripped by many many members.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63
anyone know how to rev it correctly? i watch top gear and i see clarkson reving an automatic x5M before moving, ?
I believe that BMW M series like SMG and I fogot what its called new transmission you can do it. AMG base is automatic transmission but like M class is base on Manual transmission.

Before C63 I owned e46 M3 CSL and I could do the rev. Plus it did not have the rev limiter hit at low rpm like AMG. So I think that is why I think that X5M was able to do it.

So I was able to run the car at low speed then put in to N and rev the engine. It was really cool but dont know if it was good for the car but it was no problem.

This is just my experince from M3 CSL so that was SMG so I dont know about this new transmission.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:12 AM

c63 AMG, BMW 335 conv
Old 12-16-2009, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
bigheadnyc,

Let me be factual in a nice way. Your question makes everyone cringe that you are going to destroy your car. You can rev the engine up to 3K in P or N when you are stationary. If you are rolling and put your car in N you can rev more.

Popping the tranny into D when reving at 3K will do damage. Reving the engine unloaded can do damage.

Do not attempt what we all think you want to do.

Torque loading at about 1Kto 1.2K with ESP off will shred your rear tires. No need to destroy the tranny as well.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
bigheadnyc,

Let me be factual in a nice way. Your question makes everyone cringe that you are going to destroy your car. You can rev the engine up to 3K in P or N when you are stationary. If you are rolling and put your car in N you can rev more.

Popping the tranny into D when reving at 3K will do damage. Reving the engine unloaded can do damage.

Do not attempt what we all think you want to do.

Torque loading at about 1Kto 1.2K with ESP off will shred your rear tires. No need to destroy the tranny as well.
Sir, some people's wealth extends far beyond the horizon of our imaginations, maybe he just feels a bit destructive and hates the idea of AMGs and thus bought one for the sole purpose of destroying it. For all we know he could be an extremely loyal Morris Marina fan hell bent on ridding the world of AMGs.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by yooker
Sir, some people's wealth extends far beyond the horizon of our imaginations, maybe he just feels a bit destructive and hates the idea of AMGs and thus bought one for the sole purpose of destroying it. For all we know he could be an extremely loyal Morris Marina fan hell bent on ridding the world of AMGs.
This is too much for me, I am going back to bed.........
Old 12-16-2009, 06:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Unofficial DIY C63 Rev!

All you had to do was ask. Since I'm in a great mood and having trouble sleeping, let me break it down for you in less than 15 easy steps.

How To Rev Your C63 AMG (DIY)

1. Create the thought of picking up your C63 Key.

2. Please pick up your key, preferably with your hand. Please use both hands if that is too difficult for YOU!

3. Go to the car and press the Unlock button if the car is locked.

4. Open the freakin door to the car and sit in the driver's side.

5. Start the car.

6. Take your right foot and gently press down on the pedal that makes the sound similar to "Vrdoom Vrdoom."

7. Now release your foot from the pedal and repeat step 6 again.

8. Now repeat step 6 & 7 over and over.

9. Find any sort of flammable liquid, Diesel, Ethanol, Gasoline, Jet Fuel, or hey even vegetable oil will do.

10. Drench the car inside and out with that flammable liquid.

12. Now open the gas cap as you would to fuel the car.

13. Take some matches, light them up, and drop some inside the gas tank.

14. Congratulations! You have wasted my time but learned how to properly rev your C63!

Note-Skycap is not responsible for any physical or emotional damages caused by the outcome of any of the directions given above. Thank You!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:40 AM

Prius; 2010 E350 Coupe P2, Appearance Package
Come on now guys....we can all think back to when we were about 8 years old and realized that the gas pedal "made the loud noise" and were amazed and wanted it to happen again. Hopefully his parents hide the car key.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Please note that the dripping of sarcasm is included in the Service A for only MY2010 cars.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZ......
Old 12-17-2009, 08:16 PM

C63AMG
Tire Prep

Sounds like you just want to do a burnout prior to launching to get the tires good and gummy for a drag race.

It's as easy as that.

I am not an advocate of stepping on the brakes and the throttle while sitting still to do a burnout.

Put the ESP in the sport mode and you won't have to do a burnout anyhow. With the ESP off, the tires are gonna spin and it's actually harder to put the hp to the pavement via the wide open throttle. You'll wind up having to back off some.

Remember, less spin, more power, faster launch.....

As previously stated, no reving in neutral above 3-4K rpm, and definitely, never drop it in gear unless at idle rpm.

Have fun, and thanks for creating the stir. Brings out the critters every time, eh?..........
Old 12-17-2009, 10:57 PM

2009 C63 AMG
bigheadnyc, don't listen to these guys, most are haters...

I drop that **** all the time, I call it the "F Bomb", cuz that's what you hear from all the people watching as you do it.

I've even reved it in Nuetral, drop it to Reverse for a few seconds then punched it to drive. When doing this, your car will actually be going twice as fast. 50mph in reverse to 50mph forward = 100mph in 1.2 seconds.

Ive got a few youtube vids up of me doing it. All with 5 stars and at least 5,000 comments telling me how F'ing awesome it was. Just google it

Don't get me wrong, it takes skill, and make sure there is nobody behind you when you try this maneuver, or you might hit them. As a disclaimer, I wouldn't recommend learning this with your C63, I learn on my grandma's Plymouth Horizon, which doesn't have as much torque, but handles just as well.

I hope to see you doing the "F Bomb" at the next meet-up!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:12 PM

A few toys & 07' E350 4matic w/AMG sport packg.
Originally Posted by unomateo

I drop that **** all the time, I call it the "F Bomb", cuz that's what you hear from all the people watching as you do it.

I've even reved it in Nuetral, drop it to Reverse for a few seconds then punched it to drive. When doing this, your car will actually be going twice as fast. 50mph in reverse to 50mph forward = 100mph in 1.2 seconds.

Ive got a few youtube vids up of me doing it. All with 5 stars and at least 5,000 comments telling me how F'ing awesome it was. Just google it

Don't get me wrong, it takes skill, and make sure there is nobody behind you when you try this maneuver, or you might hit them. As a disclaimer, I wouldn't recommend learning this with your C63, I learn on my grandma's Plymouth Horizon, which doesn't have as much torque, but handles just as well.

Lmao what is up with your sig??
Old 12-18-2009, 02:43 AM

C63 AMG, BMW 135i

Wow, put up the link so we can see the vid without the search.

I’ve done ‘roll backs’ like this with manual gearboxes when I was young but never with an auto. Its takes some strong components all along the drive train to put up with this kind of treatment.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:26 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I was going to put up a link, but I just found out that youtube removed the videos because they were getting too many views and slowing down the servers.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:22 PM

C63 AMG, BMW 135i
I was going to put up a link, but I just found out that youtube removed the videos because they were getting too many views and slowing down the servers.

I didn’t see any vid of your description in the YouTube list released a couple of days ago of their most viewed videos for 2009. ‘Susan Boyle on Britian’s Got Talent’ won with 120 million viewers, second place went to ‘David After Denist’ with 37 million and some of the movie trailers in HD were huge files and they weren’t taken down. All I can say is your’s must have had a phenomenal audience to slow down their servers.

I’d love to see the superstar in action, reposting it won’t be a problem.

I don’t wish to sound rude, so forgive me if it sounds that way but the question needs to be asked, your not pulling a leg are you, maybe the middle one?

Old 12-18-2009, 10:01 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Originally Posted by sjhugh
I didn’t see any vid of your description in the YouTube list released a couple of days ago of their most viewed videos for 2009. ‘Susan Boyle on Britian’s Got Talent’ won with 120 million viewers, second place went to ‘David After Denist’ with 37 million and some of the movie trailers in HD were huge files and they weren’t taken down. All I can say is your’s must have had a phenomenal audience to slow down their servers.

I’d love to see the superstar in action, reposting it won’t be a problem.

I don’t wish to sound rude, so forgive me if it sounds that way but the question needs to be asked, your not pulling a leg are you, maybe the middle one?

Yup, he's joking... and the op is a parking valet.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:16 PM

C63 AMG, BMW 135i

I saw in the picture thread he’d posted some photos of his C63, now I need to ask, is it his or just one he’d parked?

Old 12-18-2009, 10:41 PM

no more AMG
Clarkson just turned the ESP off. Hold down button until dash light reads "ESP OFF" + mash right side skinny pedal to the floor = smoke.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how to rev your engine?