Sponsored by:

C63 Long tubes headers **coming soon**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by richtor
Power numbers? Or do we have to wait until they are released?

Its interesting that you chose 2" runners. I was reading the ls7 z06 1 7/8"
headers pulled not only more torque but more horsepower as well when compared to 2" runners. If 2" is too big 7.0, then 2" would be too big for the 6.2 correct?

What other long tubes are on the market?
Evosport ~ $5995(are there independent test results out there?)
MHP ~ $4500(proven results)
MBH ~ $3500?(awaiting results)
Anyone else?
What is the diameter of the rest of the Z06 exhaust? That may be your answer....just tossing it out there. I'm no expert.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
After crunching the engine specs... bore, stroke, Lift @ 50 thousands. 2 inch pipe was called for. Any smaller in runner size would be inadequate.

This will simply be the most researched AMG header available on the aftermarket
After crunching the engine specs, "Lift @ 50 thousands" what did you find? What is the lift at .050??
Old 02-09-2010, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Originally Posted by Dads C63
After crunching the engine specs, "Lift @ 50 thousands" what did you find? What is the lift at .050??
ROFLMAO! Oh, Dads, you and your dry wit. Do you really think anyone else here will get this?

Other features will include a computer aided design
Is that really a future "feature"? LOL, jk. But seriously, what header CAD did you use? Every one I've played with said the runners of a true longtube header for this motor should be 32-34" long.

This will simply be the most researched AMG header available on the aftermarket.
Other than the ones made by AMG, of course. Billion dollar engineering budgets and all that.

Just giving you grief... Welcome to the party.

Josh
Old 02-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
Other than the ones made by AMG, of course. Billion dollar engineering budgets and all that.

Just giving you grief... Welcome to the party.

Josh
I took that in mind when I made that statement.. AMG has like a 25K header for a 63 kicking around
Old 02-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Here is another pic

Old 02-09-2010, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Josh,
I'm not the one that stated to know what the stock cam specs are. As for the tube length you are correct. I believe those should be called a tri-y header and not long tube.
The primaries do not need to be any larger than 1-7/8". EvoSports are 1-3/4" and Renntech is 1-3/4" I believe. I don't think MBH found something the other manufacturers didn't. We'll have to see what the performance numbers are when they come out and are track tested.

PS: I do know the stock cam specs.

Last edited by Dads C63; 02-09-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by richtor
Power numbers? Or do we have to wait until they are released?

Its interesting that you chose 2" runners. I was reading the ls7 z06 1 7/8"
headers pulled not only more torque but more horsepower as well when compared to 2" runners. If 2" is too big 7.0, then 2" would be too big for the 6.2 correct?

What other long tubes are on the market?
Evosport ~ $5995(are there independent test results out there?)
MHP ~ $4500(proven results)
MBH ~ $3500?(awaiting results)
Anyone else?
Sounds good....SS longtube are also availble...around 3500 EURO...

Full SS exhaust... ECU, AB close to 600 HP...588 with AB, ECU and headers...
Old 02-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Josh,
I'm not the one that stated to know what the stock cam specs are. As for the tube length you are correct. I believe those should be called a tri-y header and not long tube.
The primaries do not need to be any larger than 1-7/8". EvoSports are 1-3/4" and Renntech is 1-3/4" I believe. I don't think MBH found something the other manufacturers didn't. We'll have to see what the performance numbers are when they come out and are track tested.

PS: I do know the stock cam specs.
This is how i decided to make my headers. The proof will be there. EVOsport and RENNtech make fine product and have for years. Based on our research, we have chosen to make them in a different way thats all.

Tri-Y is a form of a long tube header, unless you have some crazy tri-y short header. Fact is there is a reason the Tri-Y header exists, and its not just to be different.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:53 PM

none
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
OK, now I see where you're going with this, AND I LIKE IT! Very unique, very sellable if they make the power you're hoping they will. Still not sure about the 2" primary scenario, but it's your party...

Pleasepleasepleaseplease hit us with numbers as soon as you have them.

Josh

Last edited by C63 Guy; 02-09-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
After crunching the engine specs... bore, stroke, Lift @ 50 thousands. 2 inch pipe was called for. Any smaller in runner size would be inadequate.
Next time just state that you decided to manufacture the headers with this design because in your opinion its the best design and not make statements like the one above because its not true. You state it like its fact and thats just not the case.

Maybe your design will make power and maybe it won't. Good luck.
At least they are pretty.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Fully loaded C63 AMG - black on black and CF trim; 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD;
Keep an eye on it, so so so sexy!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Mike, please provide results with and without an ECU tune....
Old 02-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Next time just state that you decided to manufacture the headers with this design because in your opinion its the best design and not make statements like the one above because its not true. You state it like its fact and thats just not the case.

Its very obvious that you are one of Andy at MHP best customers. I've sat here answering your questions and being polite. Even when I got the feeling that you are being less than that... And more or less probing over anything else. This is not my first set of headers I've made. I have my headers on a number of forum members cars. They have been involved and are currently involved in some monster AMG builds.

I try to stay humble about the products I offer. Knowing there are others here that make similar products. Thats totally fine with me and its good for all of us.

You sit here and make statements that say what I'm saying is not true? Thats total BS. Is this Andy fueled? I hope not. Fact is I know what it takes to make a quality header for a Mercedes. If I choose to not share all the specs and data I used to make this header it is done for a reason. I'm simply going to use every tool I can to make the best header I can.

This forum knows you are MHP4LIFE and thats fine. Just dont come out here and say I'm making statements that are untrue. When you dont know what you are taking about.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Its very obvious that you are one of Andy at MHP best customers. I've sat here answering your questions and being polite. Even when I got the feeling that you are being less than that... And more or less probing over anything else. This is not my first set of headers I've made. I have my headers on a number of forum members cars. They have been involved and are currently involved in some monster AMG builds.

I try to stay humble about the products I offer. Knowing there are others here that make similar products. Thats totally fine with me and its good for all of us.

You sit here and make statements that say what I'm saying is not true? Thats total BS. Is this Andy fueled? I hope not. Fact is I know what it takes to make a quality header for a Mercedes. If I choose to not share all the specs and data I used to make this header it is done for a reason. I'm simply going to use every tool I can to make the best header I can.

This forum knows you are MHP4LIFE and thats fine. Just dont come out here and say I'm making statements that are untrue. When you dont know what you are taking about.
Mike,
I have been polite and I've not said your products are faulty or bad design. The design is your choice and I respect that. Make them however you want to.
Trust me, these comments are NOT fueled by MHP and by the way I do know what I am talking about. I never said you don't know how to make a quality header and I never mentioned MHP so leave them out of this.

All I stated was that you make general comments that sound factual about your 2" primaries that insinuate "All other headers have insufficient primary size" is not correct. Thats your opinion and not a factual statement. Don't make statements that generally make the other manufacturers whether they be Renntech or EvoSports or MHP look like they are inferior and thats exactly how this thread started. I stayed quiet until you made the statement that you have cam data and state that a 6.2L displacement 4V head with 11.3 to one compression requires a 2" primary and thats just not correct. I will not argue with you about this but if thats your opinion then state that.

You can and should be excited about your new products and explain how they are going to be built with the advantages you think are going to make them better. You can do that without stating that they are going to be the best because until you build a set and test them you really don't know.

I apologize, didn't mean to start a war. I hate getting into arguments like this and its not my nature. Just build a set and lets see how they perform. Good luck!!

Last edited by Dads C63; 02-09-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:29 PM

2020 GLE450

Pretty amazing to see someone bring out a new product and get criticized for it. Just ignore those guys, complete your product, and sell it. Bottom line is that it looks very promising and I'm sure a lot of people are anxious to see the results. And even if your headers, for the sake of argument, show a slightly lower gain than other companies' long tubes, who cares? If you're selling them for a significant amount less than the competition and they are just as good quality if not better, then that's what most people will care about. A few HP here and there are of no consequence to me if it means extra cash for other things.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 PM

To close the debate about primary sizes and to show that a 6.2l needs 2 inch primaries i will link a thread to camaro5 forum about the 5th gen camaro ss (with the 6.2l corvette ls3 engine 426hp; less aggressive cam setup then the c63...the 2 inch primaries makes 11whp more then the 1 3/4 and 5 hp more then the 1 7/8...see for yourself http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63640 my only gripe is the tri y versus spyke merge collector ....it makes less peak power usually...but you get better half throttle response which is better for road racing....i suppose its because of the automatic tranny and they want something more predictable...well see looks like quality work to me!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Everyone knows its his opinion and design, that goes without saying. Just chilllllll, let the man at least release his finalized product before he gets bashed.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:01 PM

Mike,
I have been polite and I've not said your products are faulty or bad design. The design is your choice and I respect that. Make them however you want to.
Trust me, these comments are NOT fueled by MHP and by the way I do know what I am talking about. I never said you don't know how to make a quality header and I never mentioned MHP so leave them out of this.

All I stated was that you make general comments that sound factual about your 2" primaries that insinuate "All other headers have insufficient primary size" is not correct. Thats your opinion and not a factual statement. Don't make statements that generally make the other manufacturers whether they be Renntech or EvoSports or MHP look like they are inferior and thats exactly how this thread started. I stayed quiet until you made the statement that you have cam data and state that a 6.2L displacement 4V head with 11.3 to one compression requires a 2" primary and thats just not correct. I will not argue with you about this but if thats your opinion then state that.

You can and should be excited about your new products and explain how they are going to be built with the advantages you think are going to make them better. You can do that without stating that they are going to be the best because until you build a set and test them you really don't know.

I apologize, didn't mean to start a war. I hate getting into arguments like this and its not my nature. Just build a set and lets see how they perform. Good luck!!
You sound like you dont know what youre talking about...go somewhere else rationalize your overpriced purchase
Old 02-09-2010, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Think what you want. I apologized and wished him luck. What do you want? Build them and let the results speak for themselves.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Build them and let the results speak for themselves.
+1.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:54 PM

Ford 4x4, daily
Originally Posted by Sincity
What is the diameter of the rest of the Z06 exhaust? That may be your answer....just tossing it out there. I'm no expert.
They lose power regardless of whether its the stock set up or the full 3", and that car needs the full 3". I am assuming that the 7.0 creates more flow than the merc 6.2.

Its still interesting that the original post stated that the 1 3/4 runners were deemed inadequate from evosport and renntech?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:03 PM

no more AMG
Old 02-09-2010, 10:09 PM

05 C55
Originally Posted by theheaderguy
ps- as you know by now.........{deleted by moderator}

jim

sounds like you should get into the mix as a sponsor, and put some headers out.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Are you jim from MHP also from ohio? Mind blowing...
Old 02-09-2010, 10:18 PM

05 C55
no way in hell someone could be that stupid

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 Long tubes headers **coming soon**