Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c63, 2011 GT500
Originally Posted by theheaderguy
ps- as you know by now.........{deleted by moderator}

jim
What is the price TAG going to be for the best headers in the planet?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT

{deleted by moderator}

Too bad you didn't buy a CLK Black Series.

Thanks for your commentary.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:42 PM

05 C55
{deleted by moderator}
well if thats the truth, then youre safe in this forum...just dont venture into the W211 threads, they are not as forgiving over there
Old 02-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
this thread has gone down the toilet
Old 02-10-2010, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
this thread has gone down the toilet
lol, take it back with dyno#'s!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
{deleted by moderator}
WHO ARE YOU? and WTH are you doing? this is a blatant attempt at a thread hijack......not only that, but i couldn't help but notice you have only posted in MBH Header threads.....strange?

As an apparent member in other forums, you know damn well that this thread is not the "the perfect thread to begin [your] posting!!!"....especially since your first post in this thread was actually your SECOND post on mbworld, not your first like you claim.......oddly enough, all of your posts have come today in MBH threads about their headers, and one of them wasn't even about the C63, but rather CLS55 headers.

your first post comes in "newb" or "new member" threads, not in the middle of a debate about header design. having been on the forum for one day with four posts does not make you a credible source on headers, regardless of who your relatives are or how many are in this business, whether you own a performance shop with 100 dynos, a "very very expensive cnc mandrel bending machine.".......your reputation for knowledge and buildng good, quality products comes from opinions and experiences from members on this forum with your products. {deleted by moderator}, many of us would appreciate you post your spam elsewhere. Thank you most sincerely, Jim.

edit: Jim, just noticed your "selfless" plug about {deleted by moderator}. I'm pretty sure that violates the TOU on mbworld for non-sponsors.

As for the rest of this thread, there are many ways to develop headers. i can say that common advertisement for reeses peanut butter cups: "there's no wrong way, to eat a reeses"....but keeping in mind there may be better ways to eat them....and perhaps produce headers......hold that thought momentarily. back to it in a moment....

The argument that "doesnt evosport or renntech" make so-and-so this size is not a legitimate argument. It is statements like that which stifle creativity and innovation. I can think of tons of examples off the top of my head....if LET/Eurocharged settled with products/ideas that big name companies and tuners like Evosport produced, where would the C32 be? With the 178mm crank pulley, the C32 only saw 17-18 psi. Now with the 181 and 185mm pulley, the C32s are putting down faster timers and more power at a whopping (yet safe) 21-22 psi (on the 185). Thank g-d, they didn't just settle in and not test out new products and ideas.

Instead of us being self-proclaimed experts about cars online and fighting/arguing in threads (i honestly want to call some of you "internet warriors"....its absolutely pathetic how some of you act online), let the dyno numbers and opinions of independent customers who eventually purchase the upcoming MBH headers speak for themselves. until then,

Last edited by jturkel; 02-10-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:32 AM

C63 AMG
Geez. If MBH will post the dyno #'s, before/after for both stock AND tuned C63s, it'll put all this to rest...maybe.

Oh, and if he replies to PM's for potential customers, that would be nice too.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
There is no doubt in my mind, All this BULLS**T I've taken from Andy at MHP's henchman. Is driven by ANDY, MHP, and people who follow that sorry excuse for a man.

His follow up post on another forums site "Absolutely Driven" only show it is ANDY at MHP who is behind all of this. He is speaking from the mouths of some of his customers and henchman so bad... IT makes the Demon Malfus's body possessions look like childes play. Maybe the MODS can perform an exorcism of members possessed by ANDY at MHP. In hopes to restore this thread from the total joke it has become.

You can send all the guys from Ohio and past customer buddys to post in my threads, Hijacking, probing, It wont change the fact that I will be putting out a 63 headers.

MODS PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!

Last edited by MBH motorsports; 02-10-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Well said Hooley.. Your LT's look great.. Great job putting out more mods for us all to try.. PM sent
Old 02-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

"Theheaderguy" IS INFACT JIM @ MHP

Here is his quote from www.absolutelydriven.com under the screanname "Jim @ MHP"

Originally Posted by jim@mhp
Hello gentlemen

I am the new guy on this forum but an old guy chronologically speaking.

I'm not old.... just "annually challenged". lol

I have been racing and building motors since 1978. I have been developing and engineering headers and exhausts since 1985 for three different manufacturers.

Some of the top selling and most popular systems out there today are my babies.

The team here at MHP specializes in high end vehicles with primarily heavy street/light strip applications.

Our most recent long tube header and catback projects were the new zo6 corvette, the 2010 Camaro and the Mercedes AMG C 63.

We are looking forward to completing systems for all series of mercedes with 6.3 all-motor cars available. Also the 911, lexus and GTR are on the board.

Everything We engineer is repeatedly dyno tested on my dynojet and re-engineered until it delivers maximum rwhp.

Anyway..........enough about me.
Looking forward to being a part of this unique forum.

I welcome any comments and intently listen to all criticism.
I believe that is the only way to learn in life.

Jim
Does this sound like something you just read from "TheHeaderGuy".. posted in this thread? This is the work of ANDY at MHP and

Here is the link to that thread http://www.absolutelydriven.com/foru...ead.php?t=5608

Are these the kind of people you want to do business with?

BAN TheHeaderGuy
BAN Dads C63
and ban anyone who probes, and or works for ANDY and MHP!

Last edited by MBH motorsports; 02-10-2010 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
WOW.. WTF.... It does smell.... like what? i'm not sure..
Old 02-10-2010, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
Do you really think anyone else here will get this?
That was a bit insulting. There are other "gearheads" here that understand cam lift vs. duration.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by superlubricity
That was a bit insulting. There are other "gearheads" here that understand cam lift vs. duration.

If I must clear that up, I was writing in a short hand. I should have said exhaust duration @ .050 lift. Our header software just says "lift .050" in the in the segment of the program that asks for that info.

On another note: if this is one on this guy Jim's "babies" it sure was beaten with the ugly stick

Last edited by MBH motorsports; 02-10-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c63
Originally Posted by avengerboater
It should work fine with the K2 tune. I've confirmed it with Cory. You just need to let him know if you'll be running cats or no cats, and if cats--high flow or non.

Now, what kind of cats will MBH be offering with these headers? Brand and cpi?

Is K2 tune a different ECU than a K1?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:00 AM

c63
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Mike,
I have been polite and I've not said your products are faulty or bad design. The design is your choice and I respect that. Make them however you want to.
Trust me, these comments are NOT fueled by MHP and by the way I do know what I am talking about. I never said you don't know how to make a quality header and I never mentioned MHP so leave them out of this.

All I stated was that you make general comments that sound factual about your 2" primaries that insinuate "All other headers have insufficient primary size" is not correct. Thats your opinion and not a factual statement. Don't make statements that generally make the other manufacturers whether they be Renntech or EvoSports or MHP look like they are inferior and thats exactly how this thread started. I stayed quiet until you made the statement that you have cam data and state that a 6.2L displacement 4V head with 11.3 to one compression requires a 2" primary and thats just not correct. I will not argue with you about this but if thats your opinion then state that.

You can and should be excited about your new products and explain how they are going to be built with the advantages you think are going to make them better. You can do that without stating that they are going to be the best because until you build a set and test them you really don't know.

I apologize, didn't mean to start a war. I hate getting into arguments like this and its not my nature. Just build a set and lets see how they perform. Good luck!!

Do you have a mechanical engineering degree or something? How can I become knowledgable about this subject like you?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:13 AM

c63
MBH you shouldn't have made this thread until you had a finished product or even with test numbers. No offense btw, I am actually looking for more affordable LT options.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 AM

c63
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
"Theheaderguy" IS INFACT JIM @ MHP

Here is his quote from www.absolutelydriven.com under the screanname "Jim @ MHP"

Does this sound like something you just read from "TheHeaderGuy".. posted in this thread? This is the work of ANDY at MHP and

Here is the link to that thread http://www.absolutelydriven.com/foru...ead.php?t=5608

Are these the kind of people you want to do business with?

BAN TheHeaderGuy
BAN Dads C63

wow, that is sad, makes me think twice about considering their products.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:21 AM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
Why the hate??? he is a sponsor like any other sponsors in this website.He just wants to make affordable LTS for our cars and make money like other vendors.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by LP560-4
MBH you shouldn't have made this thread until you had a finished product or even with test numbers. No offense btw, I am actually looking for more affordable LT options.
Part of the fun of making cool, new, things is to share with people the development along the way. Its how I work. If I know it or am doing it I want everyone to be apart of seeing how something like this comes together. Alot of people dont have the time or ability to be a part of the R&D on something like this. This does not mean they dont share the same passion for cars. It just means there obligations call for them to be elsewhere.

So if taking 10 min out of your day to see what goes into building a set of header...Or just talking about them as an escape from the daily grind. Makes someone say "Hay that cool". Its a neat thing knowing you have contributed to that.

Its a shame when it gets mixed up with negativity.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by alqamzi
Why the hate??? he is a sponsor like any other sponsors in this website.He just wants to make affordable LTS for our cars and make money like other vendors.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:13 AM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
Originally Posted by RLx02
whats ???? the truth??
Old 02-10-2010, 07:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by alqamzi
whats ???? the truth??
"word" or "werd" is slang for 1) well said 2) agreement 3) truth

...you get the gist.

Last edited by RLx02; 02-10-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:18 AM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
Originally Posted by RLx02
"word" or "werd" is slang for 1) well said 2) agreement 3) truth

...you get the gist.
LOL english is my second language i didn't understand what it means...
Old 02-10-2010, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports

BAN TheHeaderGuy
BAN Dads C63
Mike,
My original questions were not fueled by Andy and he didn't even know I was talking to you. I do NOT work for MHP but do have their products because they perform. I do not get my experience and knowledge from Andy but from racing for over 25 years and building all different kinds of cars along the way. If you question my knowledge then look through dragtimes.com for Impala SS, Firebird, and Viper times. I am not new to engineering and designing performance products.

The long post you are making reference to was done after the fact and I did not know about it or ask for it. In fact I was bowling with my two sons last night when all this was going on. As far as Jim is concerned I have no idea who he is or how that got started. I never intended for this thread to get out of control or hijacked and for that I again apologize. I am a straight up guy that loves to race and compete.

I originally bought all the MKB packages from Germany and their products were good as well but the long tubes like you will find brought more power to the table and thats the direction we are all taking. You can ban me if you want to but I love to race and was asking some reasonable questions and yes I did question your comments about the 2" primaries. Okay, thats your word against mine and I'll leave that where it landed. You build your tri-Y design with the 2" primaries and your results will speak for themselves. Once again, good luck and let us know how they perform.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:57 AM

2009 C63, 2500HD, OlllO Rubicon
Boy the wheels fell of this one!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 Long tubes headers **coming soon**