C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 DTM Style Bumper

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by nrgy
Yes, the 2nd picture is a photoshop I did to give an idea of what this bumper would look like with LEDs. The nice thing is since they will basically be starting from scratch, they can design the bumper to accommodate the LEDs and have them look integrated, so that it will look OEM and not like some after thought.

I am still trying to figure out all the details with Revozport, and maybe they can chime in on this thread as well, but hopefully Revozport would also supply the LEDs. I think it would be best to simply use the new OEM W212 E63 LEDs to retain that factory look. It may take a little research to find the part #'s since the car is fairly new, but I have no doubt they can be found.

Regarding the SL DTM bumper, I don't know much about it other than he said they were making one for a customer. I'm not sure about price, but I would imagine it would be very similar to their other bumpers, $800-$1000. I have no doubt Revozport could make one for your friend as well, but I would have him contact Revozport directly for more information.
Did you receive any info about the OEM LED if it will come ready to install with the bumper?
Old 01-22-2010, 02:26 AM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by callmiro
You would also need modified grills on both sides...where the fogs are deleted
Yep. Actually I'm pretty sure all 3 intake grilles will need to be new pieces, as the center one is larger than the stock C63 bumper. Revozport said that the mesh grilles they use are metal, and they have different size patterns available. I was hoping for the same OEM plastic honeycomb type grilles, but the sample picture I saw of the metal grille looked good. And actually, from what I can tell in the pictures I've seen of the DTM bumpers, they use a similar metal mesh grille.

Originally Posted by 63-AMG
Did you receive any info about the OEM LED if it will come ready to install with the bumper?
They said they will try to find out pricing for the OEM E63 LEDs, and also mentioned that should have no problem sourcing these. They also mentioned it would be no problem designing the bumper to neatly house these LEDs, but again would need to figure out the wiring part.

I'm trying to help them along as best I can, but it may take a couple weeks to get all the parts together, and confirm that we the consumer can get the quality product we are after. I want to make sure all the proper research has been done so we can get exactly what we want.

I will keep this thread updated with any new information as soon as I receive it. Unfortunately Revozport is no longer a sponsor on MBWorld and they are not allowed to participate on this site anymore But again, I'll be sure to post anything new I hear from them.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Yep. Actually I'm pretty sure all 3 intake grilles will need to be new pieces, as the center one is larger than the stock C63 bumper. Revozport said that the mesh grilles they use are metal, and they have different size patterns available. I was hoping for the same OEM plastic honeycomb type grilles, but the sample picture I saw of the metal grille looked good. And actually, from what I can tell in the pictures I've seen of the DTM bumpers, they use a similar metal mesh grille.

They said they will try to find out pricing for the OEM E63 LEDs, and also mentioned that should have no problem sourcing these. They also mentioned it would be no problem designing the bumper to neatly house these LEDs, but again would need to figure out the wiring part.

I'm trying to help them along as best I can, but it may take a couple weeks to get all the parts together, and confirm that we the consumer can get the quality product we are after. I want to make sure all the proper research has been done so we can get exactly what we want.

I will keep this thread updated with any new information as soon as I receive it. Unfortunately Revozport is no longer a sponsor on MBWorld and they are not allowed to participate on this site anymore But again, I'll be sure to post anything new I hear from them.

Why did Revozport kicked out???
Old 01-22-2010, 08:02 PM

AMG GT-R
Why did Revozport kicked out???
They weren't necessarily kicked out, but from what I understand once a vendor's sponsorship here on MBWorld expires and is not renewed, that account is disabled and that vendor is no longer able to post or even view threads on this site.

A small update on the LEDs. Revozport said they tried to get the part # for the E63 LEDs, but were told they will not be available to order until March, which might be the case over in Asia. However he asked if I/we could search around a bit for the part #, and once he has this he can check around with his suppliers. I'm sure the LEDs are available now since there are already W212 E63s driving around, so we just need to locate them.

I'll ask around, but if anyone has connections and could get us a part #, or even better yet a diagram that would be great!

Also, I asked if at any point during the mock up stage we would be able to critique and make changes to the design if something didn't look quite right and they said absolutely.

So at this point, since enough interest has been established, we just need to in the following order:

- source the LEDs
- get finalized pricing
- gather at least 5 deposits (apprx. $400)
- mock up begins (2-3 week process)
- review prototype and make changes if necessary
- begin production of finalized DTM bumper

If all goes as planned, hopefully they could be ready by spring!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:41 PM

08 Evo X PB, 09 C63 OB
Is your contact at Revozport, Ken?

I am definitely interested in getting this, and I am located in Hong Kong too.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:13 PM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by joowick
Is your contact at Revozport, Ken?

I am definitely interested in getting this, and I am located in Hong Kong too.
Yep, Ken from Revozport is the one I have been communicating with.

It's nice to know you are located in Hong Kong too. Have you visited their shop before? It would be awesome to have a local member check out the progress once the mock up gets underway.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:32 AM

08 Evo X PB, 09 C63 OB
Yep, Ken from Revozport is the one I have been communicating with.

It's nice to know you are located in Hong Kong too. Have you visited their shop before? It would be awesome to have a local member check out the progress once the mock up gets underway.
I will most definitely follow up on this. Hopefully a mock up will be done very soon.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:33 AM

C63 09' LSD traded for 2010 GT-R
My guess is that the bumper could be sourced through AMG directly.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Originally Posted by catesbym
My guess is that the bumper could be sourced through AMG directly.

I tried that with no luck. I was told it wouldn't meet USA impact specs or some baloney like that...

Josh
Old 01-25-2010, 08:59 AM

C63 09' LSD traded for 2010 GT-R
Perhaps we can buy in europe and bring them in...
Old 01-26-2010, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
I'm in for the DTM with the led's if you can. If you can't get the Led's them I'm fine without. Let me know. The sooner the better!!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:23 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Dads C63
I'm in for the DTM with the led's if you can. If you can't get the Led's them I'm fine without. Let me know. The sooner the better!!
+30000
Old 01-27-2010, 01:40 AM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by catesbym
Perhaps we can buy in europe and bring them in...
Unfortunately from everything I've been told, the OEM DTM bumpers are not available to the public.

A small update, thanks to another member on here, Vic Viper, he was able to get me part #'s for the LEDs, A2128201156 and A2128201256. I will try to find out pricing, but I think I read in one of Vic Viper's posts, the LEDs on the new W204 C300 & C350 are around $250 each! I would imagine the E63 LEDs are similar in price.

Vic also mentioned that some of the guys who have upgraded the fogs on the C300/350 with the LED DRLs, when using the wiring from the fog lights have had some dimming of the lights. He thought it might be necessary to find a direct power source with a relay or something.

So, this has me thinking if the LEDs might be more of a problem then they are worth? I'm sure it can be done, but it's hard to say if it can be an easy plug n play.

Anyhow, now that I have the part #'s I will see if I can find prices and availability, and then move on to the next issue.

But in the meantime, I made another photoshop of the DTM bumper without LEDs, however using the larger left & right intakes from the SL63 DTM bumper. This could be a possible alternative for a simpler bumper replacement?

Last edited by nrgy; 01-27-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
I would be down possibly for the 1st pic, C63 DTM bumper w/o LEDs. Not sure about the extra wide inlets. Any chance we would have the option of cutting out a circle for the oem fogs?
Old 01-27-2010, 04:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Originally Posted by chubbs032
I would be down possibly for the 1st pic, C63 DTM bumper w/o LEDs. Not sure about the extra wide inlets. Any chance we would have the option of cutting out a circle for the oem fogs?
If you they were to cut out circles for the OEM fogs, then I'd think it would be useless since the bumpers from the pictures the OP shows of the DTM C63 estate are very similar to the C63 OEM bumper. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:04 AM

C63
Unfortunately from everything I've been told, the OEM DTM bumpers are not available to the public.

A small update, thanks to another member on here, Vic Viper, he was able to get me part #'s for the LEDs, A2128201156 and A2128201256. I will try to find out pricing, but I think I read in one of Vic Viper's posts, the LEDs on the new W204 C300 & C350 are around $250 each! I would imagine the E63 LEDs are similar in price.

Vic also mentioned that some of the guys who have upgraded the fogs on the C300/350 with the LED DRLs, when using the wiring from the fog lights have had some dimming of the lights. He thought it might be necessary to find a direct power source with a relay or something.

So, this has me thinking if the LEDs might be more of a problem then they are worth? I'm sure it can be done, but it's hard to say if it can be an easy plug n play.

Anyhow, now that I have the part #'s I will see if I can find prices and availability, and then move on to the next issue.

But in the meantime, I made another photoshop of the DTM bumper without LEDs, however using the larger left & right intakes from the SL63 DTM bumper. This could be a possible alternative for a simpler bumper replacement?

Would definitely be insterested in that, only with those larger grills still being parallel to all the other lines instead of at an angle like that. I honestly couldn't care less about the led's.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
If its potentailly an electrical challenge then ditch the LED's and go without. I never use the fog lamps anyway. As long as we can input something in the socket for the parking light/turn signal and the fog lamps that will keep a light off the dash I'm all in. Will the larger inlets on these last pictures allow better ventilation for the brakes or are they closed and just for cosmetic purposes? Thanks for your help.

How about extending the parking light/turn signal wiring and putting a very small row of LED's in the lower lip of the spoiler close to the ground where its blacked out now? Now that would look cool!!

Last edited by Dads C63; 01-27-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:00 AM

08 Evo X PB, 09 C63 OB
While your most recent photoshop with the wider intake inlets with no LEDs still look great, I still prefer the one with LEDs. I'm still very much in on this.

Appreciate all the effort in trying to make this happen.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 PM

c63
I'd take it with the L.E.D. fogs
Old 01-28-2010, 11:56 AM

09 C63
Originally Posted by joowick
While your most recent photoshop with the wider intake inlets with no LEDs still look great, I still prefer the one with LEDs. I'm still very much in on this.

Appreciate all the effort in trying to make this happen.
+1...I need a new bumper any way cause of a nice little rock under a small pile of snow
Old 01-28-2010, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
There is really no reason to go through all of this effort unless you incorporate the LED's. Make them removable and then you can satisfy everyone and sell more product.....

kill 2 birds with 1 bumper

Old 01-28-2010, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
There is really no reason to go through all of this effort unless you incorporate the LED's. Make them removable and then you can satisfy everyone and sell more product.....

kill 2 birds with 1 bumper

Agreed.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:56 PM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Will the larger inlets on these last pictures allow better ventilation for the brakes or are they closed and just for cosmetic purposes?
I'm pretty sure the larger inlets would mostly be cosmetic. I think if you wanted to add some brake cooling, you would need to route some hosing from the inlet to the brakes, and probably require cutting a hole in the plastic fender lining. I've seen this done on other cars, and even on the E92 M3.

I passed along the idea of having the removeable LEDs as well. Like some of you have already mentioned, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to have both options. As long as the left and right inlets are shaped around the LEDs, then you can either put them in or leave them out.

My only concern now regarding the LEDs is for an OEM integration with the metal mesh grille. Since the E63 LEDs have a plastic grille moulded around the LED, you obviously have a clean solution. With the bare open inlets, you can obviously secure and hide the metal edges of the grille behind the bumper, but with the addition of the LEDs, I'm not sure how it's going to look where the metal mesh meets the bottom of the LED housing

In anycase, still throwing ideas around with Revosport but hopefully we can get the ball rolling. Still waiting to find out availability and pricing on the LEDs, and then we should be able to get this bumper underway!
Old 01-29-2010, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
My only concern now regarding the LEDs is for an OEM integration with the metal mesh grille. Since the E63 LEDs have a plastic grille moulded around the LED, you obviously have a clean solution. With the bare open inlets, you can obviously secure and hide the metal edges of the grille behind the bumper, but with the addition of the LEDs, I'm not sure how it's going to look where the metal mesh meets the bottom of the LED housing

Lets not over complicate things here.....

When ordering a customer willl either select LED's or not...The simplest and cleanest way to do this is to have 2 grillls.....
  • 1 for LED (smaller grill)
  • 1 without (larger grills)

It would take very little time to fab up both

Now lets pump out some molds!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:15 AM

AMG GT-R
You're right, I think I'm starting to over analyze. I just want these to be perfect. I just recieved a reply from Revozport and they said they can do both versions, and not to worry about the LED integration. I have some more info to post later today including LED options and prices. Need to get back to work

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C63 DTM Style Bumper