C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 DTM Style Bumper

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
I'd be so in for a carbon fiber sl grilled bumper with no reflectors or parking sensors.

Originally Posted by nrgy
Just the bumper no LEDs will be $799 + shipping for the first 10.

Haha, well it's not too much work. Plus I'm thinking the end results should be worth the effort

The front bumper for the first 10 will be $799 + shipping. After that price goes up to $1035. The LED price will be determined during the development process of the bumper. Basically we need to see which LED strip will work the best, but figure between $260-$500 for the pair. The headlight washers and parking sensor openings are no additional costs. And the sidemarkers are those big orange reflectors required on U.S. vehicles. I don't think anyone will want those on this bumper
Old 02-10-2010, 12:57 AM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by drawde
when these come out, if for whatever reason we no longer want them, or they're not how we thought they would be, can we get our deposit back?
I'm going to assume no, and the main reason being is these initial deposits are essentially covering their R&D costs for this custom project. Obviously, you don't have to pay the remaining balance if you no longer want the bumper, but I think everyone's goal here is to have the bumpers come out exactly how we want. And fortunately, we will be able to critique and give our input as Revozport develops a prototype.

I found out more about the FRP, Carbon Fiber and PU materials. Unfortunately the PU is going to be too costly to produce. The minimum # of bumpers needed to make this cost effective would be a lot, otherwise the price of the bumpers would be more than most would be willing to pay. I apologize for this, as I originally thought this would not be an issue getting the bumpers in PU and I'm sorry if I mislead anyone

Also, just a FYI, Ken said that typically these special AMG bumpers for the safety cars and such are made from carbon fiber and not plastic since they are not mass produced.

However, Ken did say they can make these bumpers in Carbon Fiber as well for anyone interested. Although he doesn't think it is necessary since most of us will most likely paint these anyways, it is an option, although an expensive one. The price without LEDs would be $1500.

Now regarding the strength and flexibility, yes Carbon Fiber and FRP simply won't have the same forgiveness as plastic. However, the material is very strong and it would take a significant hit to damage the bumper. Basically, as I understand, if you hit something to the point where it will crack a CF or FRP bumper, more than likely a plastic/PU bumper will show some signs of damage.

Ken mentioned that they can apply some additives to the resin though, to make it relatively soft and have some flexibility to make it less prone to cracking.

With all that said, I'm not too concerned about having these bumpers in FRP or CF anymore, even though one of my original goals was to have these made in PU. When I look at all the carbon fiber lips running around, not just on C63's but many other performance cars, these are the first parts to meet the pavement and they seem to be holding up well

But on a side note, I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to have some thin, maybe 3-6 mm, removeable skid plates attached to the bottom of these bumpers to absorb some of the impact from a bottom out, and also protect it from scratches. I think some simple plastic such as derlin or UHMW would work great.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 AM

C63 AMG
The price without LEDs would be $1500.
That's not bad at all, considering there are lips and/or diffusers that cost nearly that much.

Skid plates at the bottom of the bumper would definitely be what I would do!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 MB C63 2007 MB ML63 2006 MB CLS 500 (wife)
Originally Posted by avengerboater
That's not bad at all, considering there are lips and/or diffusers that cost nearly that much.

+1

We can paint the top part of the bumper and leave the bottom part untouched.
Give it a CF lip look!!
So basically we get
1) Stylish yet subtle AMG Safety (medical) Car Look
2) Integrated CF lip
Sounds promising

2 Nrgy: I agree with Avengerboater, you do deserve a FREE bumper for all the effort.
Can you please ask Ken about CF bumper?
1) Group buy price?
2) Deposit?
3) How many members (orders) do they need to make this happen?
TIA And Thank you for your tremendous contribution to this project!!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:38 PM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by -michael-
+1

We can paint the top part of the bumper and leave the bottom part untouched.
Give it a CF lip look!!
So basically we get
1) Stylish yet subtle AMG Safety (medical) Car Look
2) Integrated CF lip
Sounds promising

2 Nrgy: I agree with Avengerboater, you do deserve a FREE bumper for all the effort.
Can you please ask Ken about CF bumper?
1) Group buy price?
2) Deposit?
3) How many members (orders) do they need to make this happen?
TIA And Thank you for your tremendous contribution to this project!!
I was kinda thinking the same thing with the carbon fiber. It gives you a few more options when painting the bumper. I think leaving the lip unpainted, and maybe even the section just below the center intake, could give an aggressive look.

In regards to your questions:

1) Ken said normally they would charge $1700, but they could do $1500 for us in CF, so I'm pretty sure that is low as they will go.
2) I will confirm, but I'm fairly certain the deposit remains the same.
3) They just need 5 deposits to get the project started. It doesn't matter if the deposits are for FRP or CF. I'm going to send my deposit tonight.

I realize there is a lot of information spread over several pages of this thread making things a little confusing. I'm going to gather all the information together in one post to make everything as clear as I can. Unfortunately I can't edit the first post of this thread anymore as the edit button is gone Is there another way to edit the first post?
Old 02-11-2010, 12:59 AM

AMG GT-R
Ok, I justed wanted to write an overview and compile all the information in one post so there is no confusion.

Deposits are being accepted by Revozport NOW. We need a minimum of 5 deposits, and these can be sent via PayPal to info@revozport.com. Deposit + PayPal fees totals $364. They are non-refundable, as they are covering Revozport's R&D costs. The exception being if we somehow don't get at least 5 deposits.

When you send in your deposit I would include your MBWorld user name along with your real data. And mention somewhere "C63 F1/DTM Bumper Deposit." Although it is not necessary at this time, you can mention if you wish, the various options you want. I will list them below.

In the meantime, I think it would be helpful if after you've sent in your deposit, you say so in this thread. That way the rest of us can know how far away from the minimum 5 deposists we are.

DTM BUMPER PRICES & OPTIONS

- Vacuum Infused FRP Bumper including grilles = $799 for first 10 Regular price after that = $1035
- Vacuum Infused Carbon Fiber Bumper including grilles = $1500

If you want to add optional LEDs:

- LED pricing TBD. Expect the price to be an additional $260-$500 on top of the bumper price.

Also specify if you want holes for:

- Headlight Washers - No extra cost
- Parking Sensors - No extra cost

The bumpers by default will come without the U.S. required sidemarker reflectors.

Shipping & Handling
Not confirmed, but expect shipping to be around $200 to the U.S.

DISCLAIMER
Please be aware of the risks involved with this project. This will be a work in progress. I personally can not gaurantee the time frame, quality, fitment, or final design of the bumper as I have no direct involvement in the actual manufacturing of this bumper. I/WE are relying on the information I/WE supply, and the information provided to us by Revozport, and previous examples of their work to make an informed decision. Should an issue or problem arise, you will need to contact Revozport to address this.

FINAL NOTES
These bumpers will also be available to purchase at regular price for those still on the fence. I know a few people want to see a final product before spending money, which I completely understand. However at least 5 of us need to be brave and pioneer the way, otherwise this bumper will never be realized

Now with all that being said, I will start the list for those who have sent in a deposit:

1) Nrgy - Deposit sent 2/10/10
2)
3)
4)
5)
Old 02-11-2010, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Ok, I justed wanted to write an overview and compile all the information in one post so there is no confusion.

Deposits are being accepted by Revozport NOW. We need a minimum of 5 deposits, and these can be sent via PayPal to info@revozport.com. Deposit + PayPal fees totals $364. They are non-refundable, as they are covering Revozport's R&D costs. The exception being if we somehow don't get at least 5 deposits.

When you send in your deposit I would include your MBWorld user name along with your real data. And mention somewhere "C63 F1/DTM Bumper Deposit." Although it is not necessary at this time, you can mention if you wish, the various options you want. I will list them below.

In the meantime, I think it would be helpful if after you've sent in your deposit, you say so in this thread. That way the rest of us can know how far away from the minimum 5 deposists we are.

DTM BUMPER PRICES & OPTIONS

- Vacuum Infused FRP Bumper including grilles = $799 for first 10 Regular price after that = $1035
- Vacuum Infused Carbon Fiber Bumper including grilles = $1500

If you want to add optional LEDs:

- LED pricing TBD. Expect the price to be an additional $260-$500 on top of the bumper price.

Also specify if you want holes for:

- Headlight Washers - No extra cost
- Parking Sensors - No extra cost

The bumpers by default will come without the U.S. required sidemarker reflectors.

Shipping & Handling
Not confirmed, but expect shipping to be around $200 to the U.S.

DISCLAIMER
Please be aware of the risks involved with this project. This will be a work in progress. I personally can not gaurantee the time frame, quality, fitment, or final design of the bumper as I have no direct involvement in the actual manufacturing of this bumper. I/WE are relying on the information I/WE supply, and the information provided to us by Revozport, and previous examples of their work to make an informed decision. Should an issue or problem arise, you will need to contact Revozport to address this.

FINAL NOTES
These bumpers will also be available to purchase at regular price for those still on the fence. I know a few people want to see a final product before spending money, which I completely understand. However at least 5 of us need to be brave and pioneer the way, otherwise this bumper will never be realized

Now with all that being said, I will start the list for those who have sent in a deposit:

1) Nrgy - Deposit sent 2/10/10
2) Dads C63
3)
4)
5)
Money Sent this morning. Paypal does not have a place to let them know what its for or who its from. Is there a contact I can make at Revozport to let them know who its from and what its for and what I want or can I just let you know? Thank you for your help!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
Just out of curiosity...the price 799 is that including the 364 deposit or excluding? In other words total price with deposit is 799 or 1063?
Old 02-11-2010, 11:15 AM

AMG GT-R
Dads_c63 - Awesome! Thanks for contributing. When you send money via PayPal you should be able to enter a subject and a message But either way, I'll make sure Ken @ Revozport knows who the deposits are from. As far as options, it's probably better to let him know when the actual final production bumpers are ready to be built. But you can still let him know if you wish by emailing Ken at ken@revozport.com, and/or to confirm that your deposit was received.

Originally Posted by Jae Duk
Just out of curiosity...the price 799 is that including the 364 deposit or excluding? In other words total price with deposit is 799 or 1063?
Yes, the deposit is included in the final purchase price.

Last edited by nrgy; 02-11-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:16 PM

2009 c63
some more food for thought . . .

Here's a shot (from european car magazine) of the safety car bumper on a non-wagon

the combo of that bumper with the 19's is sick

p.s. why can't I post big pictures (i.e., non-thumbnails)?
Attached Thumbnails C63 DTM Style Bumper-epcp_1003_07_o-amg_advanced_driving_academy-cars.jpg  

Last edited by wadgras44; 02-12-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:54 PM

AMG GT-R
I was just notified that another member sent in their deposit. So all we need is two more! Revozport gets back from their holiday on February 23rd, so hopefully we get 2 more by then, and then we're set to go.

1) Nrgy - Deposit Sent
2) Dads C63 - " "
3) albansfag - " "
4)
5)

wadgras44 - Thanks for posting up the picture. I bought that magazine last week and noticed the picture too!
Old 02-13-2010, 06:46 PM

C63
I'll send in my deposit for a CF version on Monday
Old 02-25-2010, 01:19 AM

AMG GT-R
Sorry I havn't updated this thread recently...been out of town a few days, but I just wanted to bump this thread to see where we're at. I'll ask Revozport to see how many deposits they've received, but if mrc64jg managed to get his in then we should be at 4 at the least. I'll let you all know what I find out.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by avengerboater

Would you be so kind as to post some pics of your front lip? I would like to see how it looks on a red car.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:19 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by hhughes1
Would you be so kind as to post some pics of your front lip? I would like to see how it looks on a red car.
No problem, sir.

Here you go: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...2010-c63s.html

Btw, I've always wanted to black out my emblems and tail lights like yours. That's hot!

Anyway, sorry for the OT, nrgy.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:37 PM

C63
I put down my deposit a couple of days ago... is there a 5th yet? I really can't wait for this thing!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:04 AM

C63
Surprising to see no one filling that 5th spot :/
Old 02-26-2010, 11:36 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by mrc63jg
Surprising to see no one filling that 5th spot :/
I'd like this to get going as fast as possible as well, however a lot of us (myself included) would like to see a final product before sending Revozport our cash.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:42 PM

C63
Can't really go wrong with a carbon fiber version of this bumper with the big inlets and no reflectors or parking sensors. Hopefully the fit will be good, that's the only thing I'm worried about.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:04 PM

C350
Would they be willing to make a version of this bumper to fit the standard W204 C300/C350?
Old 02-27-2010, 12:40 PM

09 C63
Dose the bumper come painted or do we have to get it sprayed are selfs....If it dose I'll send in my deposit.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:37 PM

C63
Parts like this rarely come painted, but I doubt revozport doesn't have plenty of experience in custom painting their own products for an additional fee.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:08 PM

AMG GT-R
I'll post another update tonight but in regards to painting, I think they could do it but they will probably recommend against it because of color matching. I will ask though.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:09 PM

09 C63
I just sent in my deposit but I forgot to mention to add the holes for the headlight washers. looks like I have to send another email... I cant wait to see this bumper on my car
Old 02-28-2010, 02:10 PM

C63
Crap, I also forgot to add a note about holes for the headlight washers. All C63's have them right? I don't think I've ever intentionally used them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C63 DTM Style Bumper