C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 DTM Style Bumper

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Hopefully Revozport comes through with this.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:04 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Ok, we have pricing for the E63 LEDs. As I suspected, they are $250 each + shipping from Germany, so roughly $500+ for the pair. He offered some LED alternatives as well which I think would look and function just as good. They are:

OEM Audi S6 LEDs - $490/pair

Slimline Universal LEDs - $260/pair

Personally, price is not so much an issue to me as fitment. I would be satisified with any of the above 3 options, and would choose the one that best fits the natural curvature of the C63 bumper. I'm inclined to tell Revozport the same thing, and just let them figure out which they think would be the best natural fit for the DTM bumper.

Otherwise, I think we are pretty much ready to go except for one MINOR detail. As some of you may know, it is Chinese New Year, and Revozport will be shutting down until February 20th. So I think the best thing to do at this point is to confirm at least 5 deposits so once they reopen for business, we can send them the $ and they can get right to work on these. One last thing I will need to do is confirm final pricing, but as of now I think list is:

1. nrgy
2. Merc-Skycap
Old 01-30-2010, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by nrgy
Ok, we have pricing for the E63 LEDs. As I suspected, they are $250 each + shipping from Germany, so roughly $500+ for the pair. He offered some LED alternatives as well which I think would look and function just as good. They are:

Personally, price is not so much an issue to me as fitment. I would be satisified with any of the above 3 options, and would choose the one that best fits the natural curvature of the C63 bumper. I'm inclined to tell Revozport the same thing, and just let them figure out which they think would be the best natural fit for the DTM bumper.

Otherwise, I think we are pretty much ready to go except for one MINOR detail. As some of you may know, it is Chinese New Year, and Revozport will be shutting down until February 20th. So I think the best thing to do at this point is to confirm at least 5 deposits so once they reopen for business, we can send them the $ and they can get right to work on these. One last thing I will need to do is confirm final pricing, but as of now I think list is:

1. nrgy
2. Merc-Skycap

I'd pay for $500 OEM Benz LED's if i didn't get any errors.....what is the cost of the bumper alone (are we assuming with grills)
Old 01-30-2010, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7

1. nrgy
2. Merc-Skycap
3. Dads C63
I'm in!!
Old 01-31-2010, 01:32 PM

merc c63
I WOULD LIKE THE DTM STYLE BUMPER W/O FOGS FOR MY C63 PUT ME DOWN FOR ONE PLEASE! I WORK FOR BENZ AS A TECH AND ON MONDAY I'M GOING TO CHECK THE PARTS FILM TO SEE IT DTM STYLE BUMPER IS EVEN AVALIBLE FOR PURCHASE IN EUROPE.. I'M SURE IT IS NOT THAT'S WHY I WOULD LIKE REVOZPORT TO MAKE THIS DTM STYLED BUMPER ... AND AGAIN THIS WOULD COME WITH THE GRILLS.. I AM A NEW MEMBER PLEASE DONT LET THAT DETURE YOU FROM LETTING ME IN ON THIS PROJECT I CAN NOT STAND MY FT FOGS THEY ARE AN ERROR FROM MB ON THIS CAR CONSIDERING IT'S A 09 .. SHOULD AT LEAST BE L.E.D.'S AND AGIAN I DONT KNOW HOW TO PUT MY SELF ON THE LIST WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE UPDATE THE LIST T/Y
Old 02-01-2010, 02:13 AM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by callmiro
I'd pay for $500 OEM Benz LED's if i didn't get any errors.....what is the cost of the bumper alone (are we assuming with grills)
Originally Revozport quoted $799 for the first 5 buyers for the bumper without LEDs, but including grilles. After that he said the regular price for the bumper without LEDs would be $1035.

As far as install of the LEDs, honestly we are going to be the guinea pigs until one of us actually does the install. LED retrofits however, have been done already on all types of cars, and a local shop has even installed the Porsche Turbo LEDs on a CLS55 so as I said earlier I have no doubt it can be done without error codes popping up. I even think the Slimline LEDs and Audi S6 LEDs already come with the necessary wiring and relays to make install plug n play.

Originally Posted by Dads C63
I'm in!!
Awesome!

Originally Posted by C6633
I WOULD LIKE THE DTM STYLE BUMPER W/O FOGS FOR MY C63 PUT ME DOWN FOR ONE PLEASE! I WORK FOR BENZ AS A TECH AND ON MONDAY I'M GOING TO CHECK THE PARTS FILM TO SEE IT DTM STYLE BUMPER IS EVEN AVALIBLE FOR PURCHASE IN EUROPE.. I'M SURE IT IS NOT THAT'S WHY I WOULD LIKE REVOZPORT TO MAKE THIS DTM STYLED BUMPER ... AND AGAIN THIS WOULD COME WITH THE GRILLS.. I AM A NEW MEMBER PLEASE DONT LET THAT DETURE YOU FROM LETTING ME IN ON THIS PROJECT I CAN NOT STAND MY FT FOGS THEY ARE AN ERROR FROM MB ON THIS CAR CONSIDERING IT'S A 09 .. SHOULD AT LEAST BE L.E.D.'S AND AGIAN I DONT KNOW HOW TO PUT MY SELF ON THE LIST WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE UPDATE THE LIST T/Y
The list is simply to show who is willing to put down a deposit for the DTM bumper with or without LEDs so Revozport can start production. They said they would need at least 5 deposits before they would begin production. It doesn't look like we'll have a problem getting the 5 deposits by the time they return from the holidays. Just add your name to it if you want to be one of the 5 to make a deposit

1. nrgy
2. Merc-Skycap
3. Dads C63
4. "Private"

Last edited by nrgy; 02-01-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:34 AM

More than a few
I look forward to watching the progress on this as I have a wagon and always drool whenever I see a pic of the med car. I'll definately get one if it all works out.

Then I'll just need the flashing lights....
Old 02-01-2010, 04:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
if its under $2000us for the led version delivered to australia, i reckon im in

h.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:43 AM

C63
Originally Revozport quoted $799 for the first 5 buyers for the bumper without LEDs, but including grilles. After that he said the regular price for the bumper without LEDs would be $1035.

As far as install of the LEDs, honestly we are going to be the guinea pigs until one of us actually does the install. LED retrofits however, have been done already on all types of cars, and a local shop has even installed the Porsche Turbo LEDs on a CLS55 so as I said earlier I have no doubt it can be done without error codes popping up. I even think the Slimline LEDs and Audi S6 LEDs already come with the necessary wiring and relays to make install plug n play.

Awesome!

The list is simply to show who is willing to put down a deposit for the DTM bumper with or without LEDs so Revozport can start production. They said they would need at least 5 deposits before they would begin production. It doesn't look like we'll have a problem getting the 5 deposits by the time they return from the holidays. Just add your name to it if you want to be one of the 5 to make a deposit

1. nrgy
2. Merc-Skycap
3. Dads C63
4. "Private"
Am I the "private" user? If not, please put me on the list!
Old 02-01-2010, 11:13 AM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by mrc63jg
Am I the "private" user? If not, please put me on the list!
1. nrgy
2. Merc-Skycap
3. Dads C63
4. "Private"
5. mrc63jg
6. C6633

You're on the list

Last edited by nrgy; 02-03-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:13 PM

merc c63
THANKS FOR LETTING ME IN ON THIS PROJECT. YOU SAID THEY WILL START AFTER THE CHINESE NEW YEAR-- WHEN AND HOW DO WE PAY TO GET THE BUMPER STARTED.. I SEE YOU HAVE 5 BUYERS. I HOPE PAYPAL IS A OPTION? HAS ANYONE BOUGHT OR SEEN THE REVOZPORT CARBON FIBER GRILL? NOT TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT-JUST ANOTHER ITEM I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AND INTERESTED IN QUALITY/LOOKS... THANKS
Old 02-01-2010, 04:36 PM

C63
Can't wait!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:52 PM

merc c63
JUST CALLED JOHN SAND HEAD OF THE MB TRAINING CENTER FOR AMG, SAID NOT SUPPORTED BY USA AND IS A "CUSTOM DEAL WITH SAFTY CARS IN EUROPE" .. SO HOPE REVOZPORT MAKES THIS BUMPER...
Old 02-03-2010, 12:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'08 C63 AMG (turned in for lease)
Well I'll most likely be interested once I see the final product installed!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:31 AM

AMG GT-R
I spoke to Ken at Revozport again and he said that since they already have the Slimline and Audi S6 LEDs on hand, they will try those out first. If it looks awkward or out of place, then he'll go ahead and order the E63 LEDs and see if those look any better. I think that sounds like a good approach, and ultimately we will have the final say.

Also, he said they would need a $350 deposit, and this can be paid by PayPal. However we will need to add 4% for the PayPal fees. I will need to ask him the PayPal email address, but hopefully if we can get the deposits sent by February 20th then they can begin the mock up shortly after.

But at least this will give us more time to think of any additional questions to ask, and some of you have PM'd me with questions as well that I will be sure to pass along.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:35 AM

C63
I'd take one without the LED's if that meant I'd get it sooner as long as there were a way to get no error message.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Any updates??
Old 02-08-2010, 05:33 PM

2004 SL500

What do u think the cost would be? (of a replica front bumper that is, planning c63 for next ride)
Old 02-08-2010, 07:42 PM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Any updates??
Yep, I have a couple of things to update. First off, if anyone is ready to send in a $350 deposit, you can PayPal this amount + fees to:

info@revozport.com

We will need to add 4% for PayPal fees, so in reality we need to send $364. I suggest mentioning somewhere in the title or notes "C63 F1/DTM Bumper Deposit" and your MBWorld.org user name, along with your real identity.

Also, they are going to allow up to 10 people (up from 5) on the initial $799 price. LEDs will be additional.

Now, I found out that the bumpers will be made out of FRP and not Polyurethane. Ken said that they have the ability to outsource for PU, but the tooling costs would be 5x that of FRP and it would take almost 3-4 months to get that tooling. So he obviously suggested going with FRP, which he did say will be produced through Vacuum Infusion and will have the elasticity. I'm kinda disappointed about this, however after looking at their web site and seeing all the OEM style bumpers they've created for various cars including M3 and GT3 bumpers, I trust their quality.

But this being the case, I will ask if we can have the option of ordering these in Carbon Fiber as well since the process should be the same. The price would be more I'm sure, but I'll find out if this is an option for those who may be interested.

Also, as I know several people were wondering, Ken said we have the option of ordering the bumpers with or without the headlamp washers, parking sensors, and sidemarkers. We just need to specify at the time we place our order.

So that's all for now. I'll probably be sending in my deposit this week. I told Ken I would try to encourage people that were interested to get their deposists in by February 20th. Perhaps when you send in your deposit you can announce it in this thread to make sure we have the minimum 5 needed.

Lastly, if you still have any unanswered questions or concerns that you would feel more comfortable having Revozport answer directly, I encourage you to email ken@revozport.com. I just want to make clear I do not work for Revozport and therefore can not make any promises, so if you have any questions regarding their refund policy or anything of that nature please refer to Revozport. I will continue, however, to ask and relay any questions you may have related to the DTM style bumper Thanks!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
nrgy,
Aren't you concerned about the stiffness of the FRP material? I am concerned about hitting something as simple as a parking block or curb. If it doesn't have the flexibility it will crack. For those of us that have lowering springs that might be a problem. What do you suggest?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:25 PM

AMG GT-R
Initially I was concerned about going with FRP, as I too am lowered a little over 1" all around. An encounter with a parking block or curb I'm guessing would be bad news, however even with the OEM bumper, hitting a parking block or curb is going to do some significant damage I would imagine as the bumper hangs low enough where the impact would be direct. I have been very careful because of this and have been lucky so far, but for me I know the risk exists either way.

Also, Ken described their process as PFRP as opposed to FRP, and that it would have some elasticity. They might be the same thing for all I know, and to be honest I'm not all that familiar with these different composites But nonetheless, I will ask what the tooling costs for PU would be, if nothing else out of curiosity. If they are not ridiculous, then I wouldn't even mind funding the tooling costs if they would reconsider.

But when I look at the bumpers offered by Vorsteiner, they pretty much make theirs out of FRP as well. Although they call it CFHM (carbon fiber honeycomb matrix), I'm sure the stiffness is similar compared to PU. For some reason, I guess this gives me a little peace of mind knowing a respected mfg like Vorsteiner uses similar materials and construction process.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:53 PM

C63 AMG
Geez, nrgy, with all the work you've done for this project, you deserve a free bumper! Haha.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
NRGY: could you quote me on a front bumper with led, headlight washer, parking sensor. Also what is the sidemarker?

thanks
h
Old 02-09-2010, 01:15 AM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by Trace63
What do u think the cost would be? (of a replica front bumper that is, planning c63 for next ride)
Just the bumper no LEDs will be $799 + shipping for the first 10.

Originally Posted by avengerboater
Geez, nrgy, with all the work you've done for this project, you deserve a free bumper! Haha.
Haha, well it's not too much work. Plus I'm thinking the end results should be worth the effort

Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
NRGY: could you quote me on a front bumper with led, headlight washer, parking sensor. Also what is the sidemarker?

thanks
h
The front bumper for the first 10 will be $799 + shipping. After that price goes up to $1035. The LED price will be determined during the development process of the bumper. Basically we need to see which LED strip will work the best, but figure between $260-$500 for the pair. The headlight washers and parking sensor openings are no additional costs. And the sidemarkers are those big orange reflectors required on U.S. vehicles. I don't think anyone will want those on this bumper
Old 02-09-2010, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
1. nrgy
2. Merc-Skycap
3. Dads C63
4. "Private"
5. mrc63jg
6. C6633
7. drawde
when these come out, if for whatever reason we no longer want them, or they're not how we thought they would be, can we get our deposit back?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C63 DTM Style Bumper