C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 DTM Style Bumper

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:22 AM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
C63 DTM Style Bumper

I'm trying to see how much interest there is for a DTM style bumper as featured on the C63 DTM Safety Car and F1 Medical Car. I contacted Revosport to see if they had any plans on making a bumper like this for the C63, and while they said they have a F1 Safety Car bumper in the works for the SL63, they didn't think there would be enough interest in one for the C63. So basically I'm just trying to find out who else besides me would be interested in something like this.

Revosport has a very nice quality C63 style bumper for the regular W204 C class that is made out of Purim, and from the pictures I've seen the fitment looks very good, so I do believe they have the skills and equipment necessary to make a nice OEM quality bumper.

I for one am very picky what I put on my car, especially when it comes to replacing perfectly well fitting OEM exterior parts such as an entire bumper with an aftermarket one. That's why for me, the following would need to be met before I would consider putting something like this on my car.

- Fitment must be excellent. No large gaps or lose fitting edges. Uses stock mounting locations and hardware. (ie. no modifications needed to make it fit right)

- Material out of Purim and NOT fiberglass or carbon fiber since these have little flex and will crack easily if in minor fender bender. Also, harder to install.

- OEM style grille inserts.

Here are a few pictures showing the C63 F1 Safety Car bumper, and SL63 Safety Car for additional reference as it is very similar. I also included a couple photoshops I did with LEDs from the new E63 to give some additional options.

What do you guys think? Would this be a worthwhile change, or do you think the stock C63 bumper looks good enough?

C63 F1 Medical Car Bumper

C63 F1 Medical Car Bumper w/ LEDs

SL63 Safety Car Bumper

SL63 Safety Car Bumper w/ LEDs
Old 01-20-2010, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
If it comes with the LEDS and deletes the orange reflectors would be great
Old 01-20-2010, 02:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 CLS63 AMG
Looks sweet! I would try and contact amg as a last resort.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
Wow the C63 bumper is very coool
Old 01-20-2010, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
I would be interested in the LED version.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
I'm liking the SL bumper as well.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:45 AM

C63 AMG
I'm Intrested In the second picture the one with the LED!! Now how can we get a hold of it!? Damn now I really really want one...
Old 01-20-2010, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
I been looking to get this front bumper since I got my car almost 2yrs now. How much would it cost?

Last edited by mthis; 01-20-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:59 PM

08 Evo X PB, 09 C63 OB
I would def get the 2nd one.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:22 PM

AMG GT-R
Thanks for the feedback so far! I have some more information to post once I get home from work. Hard to post from iPhone but stay tuned.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
Damn that bumper is nice!
Old 01-20-2010, 02:50 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
+1 subscribed.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
that looks sick
Old 01-20-2010, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 MB C63 2007 MB ML63 2006 MB CLS 500 (wife)
@ Jeffield
Me 2

@ nrgy
I really like the "Fogless" setup. But, how do you get rid of OEM Fogs, I mean will it show errors on the dash? I clearly understand that you can cut the wire, but what about getting them out of the system (they must be connected to some device that tells them when to light up when you turn your steering wheel)
Another thing is the price. If it is more then a certain amount (don't want to be rude ), I personally will have to think about it. Plus, shipping, paint and install (and fog light issue)
Old 01-20-2010, 06:12 PM

C63
I'd get either one... LED's or w/o
Old 01-20-2010, 07:57 PM

AMG GT-R
It looks like the majority of you prefer the 2nd picture of the C63 with LEDs. I would say this is my favorite as well, as I like the larger more squarish left and right intakes from the SL63 Safety Car bumper, combined with the rest of the C63 bumper. And of course the E63 LEDs add a nice updated look.

As far as pricing, I was told if we could get at least 5 people on board, the first 5 would be priced at $799. I do not know if this was including the LEDs, but my guess is no. After the first 5, regular price would be $1035. Of course you have to factor in shipping which is probably $200-$300, and if the LEDs are not included in the price, I would guess those parts are another $300. (just a guess) I will try and confirm the pricing and find out more about the LEDs, but so far I think it is very reasonable.

Since they already have a C63 bumper, he said they could produce these fairly quickly. A mock up could be ready as soon as 2-3 weeks once a deposit was received and a final design decided upon.

In any event, I will send Revozport a link to this thread and hopefully they can comment more or answer any additional questions we may have. But in the meantime, perhaps we should start a list to see who is interested in what.

1. nrgy - C63 DTM Bumper WITH LEDs. (2nd picture)

Originally Posted by 63-AMG
If it comes with the LEDS and deletes the orange reflectors would be great
The orange reflectors, or in my case smoked reflectors, would definitely be deleted, so that is an added bonus I'm sure if someone really wanted to keep the side markers a competent body shop could cut the openings.

Originally Posted by -michael-
@ nrgy
I really like the "Fogless" setup. But, how do you get rid of OEM Fogs, I mean will it show errors on the dash? I clearly understand that you can cut the wire, but what about getting them out of the system (they must be connected to some device that tells them when to light up when you turn your steering wheel)
Another thing is the price. If it is more then a certain amount (don't want to be rude ), I personally will have to think about it. Plus, shipping, paint and install (and fog light issue)
Regarding a "fogless" setup, I do not see this as much of an obstacle. Obviously a little more research will need to be done, but just basing off of what I know, I don't think you will need to do any cutting of the wiring harness for the fogs. What I would simply do is use some sort of dummy bulb in the fog light socket, so the circuit is completed, and neatly tie wrap the wiring harness behind the bumper. The electronics would not detect any errors, and you would retain the factory wiring harness in the event you ever wanted to put the stock bumper and fogs back on.

Now as for the LEDs, in a perfect scenario, we could simply use the fog light wiring to power these. Obviously we need to see what type of connectors are used to power the LED strip from the E63, but perhaps all that is needed is to buy some matching OEM connectors, splice it to the wiring and plug it in.

I know a couple of people with W204 C-Classes have updated their fog lights with the new LEDs on the 2010 C300 and C350, so I really don't see this as an issue. It may require a little trial and error, but I don't see this as an obstacle that can't easily be overcome.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:16 PM

c63 amg
that bumper looks bad a**.

I want one.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:44 AM

C63
Does it come painted?
Old 01-21-2010, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
@nrgy - Is the second picture photoshopped to add the LED? If so then how would Revosport be able to make a bumper with the LED or would we have to buy the LED separate?

Also do you know the pricing for the SL since I have a friend who'd like to purchase the DTM for his SL?

2. merc-skycap - " "
Old 01-21-2010, 02:06 AM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by Merc-Skycap
@nrgy - Is the second picture photoshopped to add the LED? If so then how would Revosport be able to make a bumper with the LED or would we have to buy the LED separate?

Also do you know the pricing for the SL since I have a friend who'd like to purchase the DTM for his SL?
Yes, the 2nd picture is a photoshop I did to give an idea of what this bumper would look like with LEDs. The nice thing is since they will basically be starting from scratch, they can design the bumper to accommodate the LEDs and have them look integrated, so that it will look OEM and not like some after thought.

I am still trying to figure out all the details with Revozport, and maybe they can chime in on this thread as well, but hopefully Revozport would also supply the LEDs. I think it would be best to simply use the new OEM W212 E63 LEDs to retain that factory look. It may take a little research to find the part #'s since the car is fairly new, but I have no doubt they can be found.

Regarding the SL DTM bumper, I don't know much about it other than he said they were making one for a customer. I'm not sure about price, but I would imagine it would be very similar to their other bumpers, $800-$1000. I have no doubt Revozport could make one for your friend as well, but I would have him contact Revozport directly for more information.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:19 AM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by 63-AMG
Does it come painted?
No, I don't believe so. Personally I wouldn't want it pre-painted though as the paint could easily be scratched or damaged during shipping and handling. Plus, I would be more confident in a local body shop matching the paint with the car in hand.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:35 AM

C63
Put me down for one. I'll pm you tomorrow about payment methods and all.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Damn that's sick!

These Safety Car Bumpers would be an awesome addition. Best of luck getting them!

Wish I could get the SL63 Safety Car Bumper w/ LEDs fabricated to fit my SL55.

Originally Posted by nrgy
SL63 Safety Car Bumper w/ LEDs
Old 01-21-2010, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by nrgy
It looks like the majority of you prefer the 2nd picture of the C63 with LEDs. I would say this is my favorite as well, as I like the larger more squarish left and right intakes from the SL63 Safety Car bumper, combined with the rest of the C63 bumper. And of course the E63 LEDs add a nice updated look.

As far as pricing, I was told if we could get at least 5 people on board, the first 5 would be priced at $799. I do not know if this was including the LEDs, but my guess is no. After the first 5, regular price would be $1035. Of course you have to factor in shipping which is probably $200-$300, and if the LEDs are not included in the price, I would guess those parts are another $300. (just a guess) I will try and confirm the pricing and find out more about the LEDs, but so far I think it is very reasonable.

Since they already have a C63 bumper, he said they could produce these fairly quickly. A mock up could be ready as soon as 2-3 weeks once a deposit was received and a final design decided upon.

In any event, I will send Revozport a link to this thread and hopefully they can comment more or answer any additional questions we may have. But in the meantime, perhaps we should start a list to see who is interested in what.

The orange reflectors, or in my case smoked reflectors, would definitely be deleted, so that is an added bonus I'm sure if someone really wanted to keep the side markers a competent body shop could cut the openings.

Regarding a "fogless" setup, I do not see this as much of an obstacle. Obviously a little more research will need to be done, but just basing off of what I know, I don't think you will need to do any cutting of the wiring harness for the fogs. What I would simply do is use some sort of dummy bulb in the fog light socket, so the circuit is completed, and neatly tie wrap the wiring harness behind the bumper. The electronics would not detect any errors, and you would retain the factory wiring harness in the event you ever wanted to put the stock bumper and fogs back on.

Now as for the LEDs, in a perfect scenario, we could simply use the fog light wiring to power these. Obviously we need to see what type of connectors are used to power the LED strip from the E63, but perhaps all that is needed is to buy some matching OEM connectors, splice it to the wiring and plug it in.

I know a couple of people with W204 C-Classes have updated their fog lights with the new LEDs on the 2010 C300 and C350, so I really don't see this as an issue. It may require a little trial and error, but I don't see this as an obstacle that can't easily be overcome.
You would also need modified grills on both sides...where the fogs are deleted

Old 01-21-2010, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
I LOVE it. If its made I will buy one for sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C63 DTM Style Bumper