C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 DTM Style Bumper

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
bumper looks nice, although they should do the e63 style box where the fogs go and get the oem mb led's or the s6 cause those shinny ones look cheap
Old 03-11-2010, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
cant wait to see the final product,
Old 03-11-2010, 07:34 AM

W204 C280
Great!

Would Revozport consider making another version for non-C63 W204?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:27 AM

GF
The Authentic DTM bumper has slight larger intake (left,middle,right), looks more aggresive and nicer. Revozport almost there. Well done!!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
NRGY/Revozport,
First of all thank you for all your help. The project is moving in the right direction.
Can they PLEASE make the side intakes the same height as the center section? Also, can they make them larger(more squared outside corners) to match the original DTM look on the SL63. Thank you again for all your help!!

One more question. How easy is it going to be to delete the fog lamps, side markers, and headlight washers without causing all kinds of warning messages on the dashboard? I can easily make them go away physically, its the electronic part I am concerned about. Has that part been addressed?

Last edited by Dads C63; 03-11-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:15 AM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
I'll be sure to put in both of those requests. Naturally the side intakes will become more square once they start reshaping for the LEDs, but I agree even without them I prefer the more square intakes. Looks a liitle more aggressive and less like a frown.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
THANK YOU!!
Please tell them to look at the SL63 for the look of the side openings.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:57 AM

C63 AMG
wow this is very tempting as my girlfriend just destroyed my front bumper.....
Old 03-11-2010, 08:47 PM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by Dads C63
One more question. How easy is it going to be to delete the fog lamps, side markers, and headlight washers without causing all kinds of warning messages on the dashboard? I can easily make them go away physically, its the electronic part I am concerned about. Has that part been addressed?
Revozport told me at the beginning that they wouldn't be able to provide much assistance regarding the electrical issues, that this wasn't their area of expertise. This may not be too encouraging, but I was planning to figure it out with a local shop when the time came. I think a body shop familiar with aftermarket body kits and lighting shouldn't have too much trouble.

I don't think deleting the sidemarkers or fog lights will be too difficult. I know some people have already deleted their sidemarkers, in fact I think Josh had is sidemarkers removed and filled on the Silver Dragon. And I've seen some CLS55s running around with the Brabus Rocket bumper that deletes the fogs. Perhaps he or someone else can chime in on what they did with the lights?

I was simply planning to secure the wiring harnesses for the sidemarker bulbs and fogs hidden behind the bumper. I definitely don't know much about electric wiring and such, but I'm thinking some type of "dummy" bulb or something of the like could be used in place of the light bulbs to complete the circuit so you don't get any warning lights. Unfortunately, I don't have any definitive answers right now though, and probably won't until I start the install.

Oh, and I already sent them a lot of nice detailed pictures of the SL63 Safety Car Bumper side intakes a few weeks ago
Old 03-15-2010, 02:23 AM

AMG GT-R
Another quick update...Revozport said making the larger left and right intakes would be no problem. Using black marker they drew the new lines for the proposed intake holes. As you can see it is raised slightly higher and squared off more like the SL63 Safety Car bumper. Here's a link to all the pictures:
http://s700.photobucket.com/albums/w...0Safety%20Car/

Now as for the LEDs, they took a couple pictures holding up the S6 version and as you can see they are HUGE. These are obviously way too big for this bumper. They also took a picture holding up another more square LED, but I'm not sure I like the looks of this one.

So, I tried to do some more research over the weekend on a LED situation which is the main hold up now. I tried to show the main problem with a few photos. The E63 LED I'm worried is too flat and square for this bumper. Without changing the lines of the bumper I don't think this would fit real well.

I think possible alternatives could be the new S63/S65 LED which wraps around more, or the LED from the new VW Golf R and Scirocco R. This one looks like it could tuck in the corner of the intake without changing the lines of the bumper too much. I'm trying to find out pricing and availability on both of these LEDs, and hopefully will know in the next day or two.

As a last resort and out of curiosity, for those who put down their deposits and/or those that seriously interested in this bumper, how badly do you want the LEDs? I know some don't care, and a few people through PMs have told me they aren't interested in the LEDs...but just curious to know who MUST have them.

Personally, if I think the LEDs will at all look tacky or cheap, I would prefer to just leave them off. Anyway, as always I'll keep everyone posted on any new developments.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
i don't think the led's will make it tacky unless you use oem benz ones....i like the s63 one's but this all comes down to preference for the customer.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:04 AM

09 C63
Well I asked for the LEDs on mine but from what it looks like I think the bumper will look a lot better with out the LEDs...Idk I want to see the bumper with out the LEDs on a car before i totally say no to the idea of the LEDs.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:19 PM

C63
I know I don't want the LED's 100%... I just want the bumper asap!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:49 PM

C63 AMG
We gotta see the final touch with the leds i just really hope they look sick and original look!! speciall with this bumper its so0 mean! so0 do the leds work in place of the fog lights!?? and would it just fit plus and play istead of the fog light wiring??
Old 03-17-2010, 11:08 PM

AMG GT-R
Well to keep the project moving along Revozport is going to go ahead and make the larger left and right intakes for us to see, which shouldn't take too long. I went ahead and ordered the Golf R/Scirroco R LEDs, and I'm having them shipped direct to Revozport. Once they get them, they will test fit them and see how close they are to the new intakes. If they are close, then they can make small modifications to make them fit.

I think Dads_C63 mentioned this awhile back, but it looks like the Slimline LEDs would fit perfectly at the bottom of the bumper lip where the recessed area is. If the other location doesn't work, and someone still really wanted them, I think a local body shop could put some LEDs in this location.

I don't want to spend too much time on the LED issue as I know people are anxious for this bumper as am I, and I think this bumper will look just as good without them. But we will see how these new ones look, and if they work out great.

As far as wiring, I did do some research on how people are able to delete their fogs and/or add LEDs, and it seems in most cases a simple resistor is all that is needed to keep from getting any bulb errors, which basically closes the circuit. But once these bumpers get closer to being finished, I will try to find out as much info. as I can about this.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by nrgy
Well to keep the project moving along Revozport is going to go ahead and make the larger left and right intakes for us to see, which shouldn't take too long. I went ahead and ordered the Golf R/Scirroco R LEDs, and I'm having them shipped direct to Revozport. Once they get them, they will test fit them and see how close they are to the new intakes. If they are close, then they can make small modifications to make them fit.

I think Dads_C63 mentioned this awhile back, but it looks like the Slimline LEDs would fit perfectly at the bottom of the bumper lip where the recessed area is. If the other location doesn't work, and someone still really wanted them, I think a local body shop could put some LEDs in this location.

I don't want to spend too much time on the LED issue as I know people are anxious for this bumper as am I, and I think this bumper will look just as good without them. But we will see how these new ones look, and if they work out great.

As far as wiring, I did do some research on how people are able to delete their fogs and/or add LEDs, and it seems in most cases a simple resistor is all that is needed to keep from getting any bulb errors, which basically closes the circuit. But once these bumpers get closer to being finished, I will try to find out as much info. as I can about this.
When will these bumpers be finished? They look sweet!!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:00 AM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by dacls63amg
When will these bumpers be finished? They look sweet!!
Well, the delay right now is with the LEDs. Hopefully Revozport can get them next week or so to test fit. I don't want to delay the bumpers anymore than that, and want to get them in production shortly after even if the new LEDs don't work.

Btw, I noticed you have the Brabus Rocket bumper in your signature. Do you know how your shop deleted the fog lights without getting an error in the dash? Thanks for any input!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:46 AM

2008 CLS63 AMG
Well, the delay right now is with the LEDs. Hopefully Revozport can get them next week or so to test fit. I don't want to delay the bumpers anymore than that, and want to get them in production shortly after even if the new LEDs don't work.

Btw, I noticed you have the Brabus Rocket bumper in your signature. Do you know how your shop deleted the fog lights without getting an error in the dash? Thanks for any input!
The Brabus Rocket front bumper came with resistors that just plug into the fog light connection. very easy to install too.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:03 AM

AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by dacls63amg
The Brabus Rocket front bumper came with resistors that just plug into the fog light connection. very easy to install too.
Awesome! I was hoping it would just be as simple as that.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:16 AM

2008 CLS63 AMG
Awesome! I was hoping it would just be as simple as that.
Oh yes! I love the look of the big air dams. Makes the car look much more aggressive. Also I think the bumper would look better w/o the LEDs. IMO. Man I just want to see the final product!!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:31 PM

G55, SL55
I think they've done some update for you guys' bumeper already ....

Old 03-24-2010, 04:18 PM

C63 AMG
That looks perfect!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
subscribe -

cant wait to see the finished product. Now if i could just accidentally destroy my bumper without damaging anything else
Old 03-24-2010, 08:50 PM

2020 GLE450
Wow! That looks really nice and aggressive. I am curious what you guys will be doing about proper fitting grilles for this. Will it come with stainless mesh grilles with a black powdercoat? I've not seen anyone discuss this part of the bumper. The mesh size is also important in making the bumper look as factory as possible. No?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:35 AM

AMG GT-R
Thanks for posting up the pics wan888. Here's another angle that Ken sent to me. I think it looks great now. It has a little more of that aggressive edge I think we are all after, but still keeps the overall feel of the DTM Safety bumper. Revozport should be getting the LEDs I had sent to them anyday now to test fit so we should have results from that soon. But to be honest, I don't think I'm going to add them to my bumper anymore.

But other than that....Revozport said once we approve the bumper it will take another 2 weeks to make the final moulds.

Also, for those that already sent in a deposit, he wanted me to ask if one of us would like to test fit the bumper first or just have them all sent out at the same time. I think it would be a good idea if one of us could test fit it, just to make sure everything lines up in case anything needs to be tweaked. Chances are nothing will need to be changed. I'm not sure how quickly I'll be able to get it test fitted though which might cause more of a delay...so if anyone wants to be first just let me know. Or if everyone feels comfortable enough I can just tell him to send them all out at the same time.

Or if wan888 or someone local to Revozport could test fit it that would be awesome as well

As far as the grilles rantarC63, in one of my first dicussions I asked Revozport if they could also make the OEM style plastic mesh grilles, and they said they could not do this. They use as you described the stainless steel meshed grilles powdercoated black, and they have various size mesh to choose from. And actually, if you look at closeup picture of the C63 Safety Car bumper, they do use a metal mesh grille as do the Black Series cars, so in the end I guess it will be more authentic this way.

I will try to get more details on the grilles in the next few days and get that finalized. But it looks like we're getting REAL close now!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C63 DTM Style Bumper