Sponsored by:

Speeding Ticket :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Speeding Ticket :(

I live in LA and I just got a ticket on I-10 this morning. It just sounds funny. There was an accident at the conjunction of I-5N and I-10W about 7:15 am at downtown area. So the I-10W only had two left lanes open .I drove 20 mins bumper to bumper to pass that point and then speeded up. 5 mins later, I was stopped by an officer. he said my speed on I-10 was 72 mph exceeding the highway speed limit 55 mph for that section. 55 on highway???? He also told me speed limit will change to 65 after passing highway 110. But 72 mph will still be considered as speeding.. I was like… &*^%$)&… Driving at 72 mph on the highway in LA is speeding????? He also call my “unnecessary acceleration “ really dangerous too . I wasn’t driving like crazy, maybe because of exhaust sound..And I accelerated from 0 to 72 when there is no car ahead of me..anyway.. I didn’t argue at all since I felt he just want to give me a ticket anyway …
I just want to remind whoever drives around LA need be careful. I feel cops like to give tickets much more often with the budget issue.. so be careful when you are driving around even at 72 mph on highway.. you might not be safe…..
Old 03-09-2010, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by vitamink
I live in LA and I just got a ticket on I-10 this morning. It just sounds funny. There was an accident at the conjunction of I-5N and I-10W about 7:15 am at downtown area. So the I-10W only had two left lanes open .I drove 20 mins bumper to bumper to pass that point and then speeded up. 5 mins later, I was stopped by an officer. he said my speed on I-10 was 72 mph exceeding the highway speed limit 55 mph for that section. 55 on highway???? He also told me speed limit will change to 65 after passing highway 110. But 72 mph will still be considered as speeding.. I was like… &*^%$)&… Driving at 72 mph on the highway in LA is speeding????? He also call my “unnecessary acceleration “ really dangerous too . I wasn’t driving like crazy, maybe because of exhaust sound..And I accelerated from 0 to 72 when there is no car ahead of me..anyway.. I didn’t argue at all since I felt he just want to give me a ticket anyway …
I just want to remind whoever drives around LA need be careful. I feel cops like to give tickets much more often with the budget issue.. so be careful when you are driving around even at 72 mph on highway.. you might not be safe…..
Sucks. The other day while going down to the beach I past a trooper doing 82 in a 55. He had his radar gun out the window and I thought for sure I was cooked. Nothing..

Then on my way back from the beach I saw him again. This time with a Lambo pulled over. I dont even wanna know what he banged him for. Probably 120+.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:06 PM

2009 C63
at least you passed 80 and felt you were cooked.. It caught me off guard for sure.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Sorry to hear that...that sucks!

I got stopped a few months ago after I downshifted when coming to a stop at a light and pulled next to a County Sheriff's Deputy. The light turned green, and he pulled behind me and his flashing lights went on.

The County Sheriff's officer said he wanted to check my window tint as it looked "too dark" (which technically the front window tint is a bit too dark). He used his light meter and sure enough, it was too dark, but he didn't give me a ticket; just a warning...said I needed to remove the darker tint on the front windows and get "legal" window tint for the front windows.

In > 22 years of living and driving in FL, I've never had this happen. So, I believe he just used it as an excuse to stop me as he heard me downshifting my C63 AMG "beast" and it caught his attention. I guess he just wanted to check me out to make sure I had no legal issues based on my driver's license and car.

Point of my story...our cars are quite loud and catch people's attention, especially the police. It's best to not downshift or go WOT anywhere near the police; so now, I just let my car downshift for me when coming to a stop anywhere near the police as to make as little noise as possible.

Last edited by sflgator; 03-09-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:30 PM

C63
Yeah, arguing never gets anywhere. Now you have to work it after the fact, if only to keep from getting the points.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 PM

2009 C63
Thanks, man! I think that's about it.. There were two cop cars at the accident location.. Maybe I draw some attention after stepping on the gas pedal..You know..it's easier to spot the cop car next to you. but it's harder to track all of them nearby plus our cars are quite loud..
Old 03-09-2010, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Please not guility. See the ADA and plead it down to a headlight. You will be fine.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
LA County Sheriffs are worse.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
Did you get a look at the speed he said he caught you at? You have the right to check his radar gun. I'm under the assumption that you couldn't have accelerated that much since you were in traffic
Old 03-09-2010, 04:10 PM

06' BMW M3
Originally Posted by Sincity
LA County Sheriffs are worse.
....+1..got a "fit it" ticket(no front plate on the M3,completely stock)...the day after Christmas!...I was polite...and stated that I can't remember the last time I got a fit it ticket,must have been over twenty-twenty five years ago..when I was just a kid("Cal Bug" was too low )...I said to him Merry Christmas and have a nice day.I figured if he me pulled over for this the day after Xmas I had little to no chance he would let me slide.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:55 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Jae Duk
You have the right to check his radar gun.
AFAIK, in CA a LEO is not obligated to show you the "reading" on the radar gun when writing you up for a speeding citation. However, they do have to show you the calibration log for the gun if you ask for it.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:29 PM

2009 C63
Did you get a look at the speed he said he caught you at? You have the right to check his radar gun. I'm under the assumption that you couldn't have accelerated that much since you were in traffic
As I said, it was accident on the highway and only two left lanes available. So it took me abour 20 mins to pass the scene and I acelerated right after I pass it. As Sflgator said, our car is loud enough to draw the attention from cops. I was pulled over 5 mins after that.. anyway.. bad day for me.. be careful.. guys..
Old 03-09-2010, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
You could always use the Toyota excuse. I wonder if the IS-F has any problems with stuck pedals and getting clocked at 120+?
Old 03-09-2010, 09:58 PM

no more AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
You could always use the Toyota excuse. I wonder if the IS-F has any problems with stuck pedals and getting clocked at 120+?
I got a ticket going 85 in my Audi last week and tried that excuse kidding with the officer... he wasn't laughing.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
All of our clients from around the country are reporting an increase in 'revenue enhancement'.

Be careful out there.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Get a radar detector, Its saved me countless times.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Never argue with the officer. Just take the ticket and say "Ill see you in court" if you feel the need to say anything. Otherwise say nothing and fight it in court.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
They've shown me the speed before. If you take it to court most likely you will loose if the cop shows up. It's their word against yours and you have no proof.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
They've shown me the speed before. If you take it to court most likely you will loose if the cop shows up. It's their word against yours and you have no proof.
You plead not guilty and see the ADA. A 70ish in a 55 will be lowered to something without points like a seatbelt.

Showing you does absolutely nothing as your word against his is also not admisible in court. If you got cute and decided to take a picture of the radar it would never be allowed into evidence anyhow.

You have to understand these cops have a MUCH better relationship with the clerk and the Judge and everyone else in the courthouse than you do. If you wanna be a D$ck (Not you personally) you will be treated even worse. You play it cool and plead it down you will do fine. Its all about money anyhow. You pay a fine and they county makes its money. Thats it.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:28 PM

2009 C63
Yeah I will plead no guilty and fight for it...I will try..
Now I am thinking about radar detector seriously.. but want to wire it nicely in my car..
Old 03-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Yeah I will plead no guilty and fight for it...I will try..
Now I am thinking about radar detector seriously.. but want to wire it nicely in my car..
Nicely wired -> https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...or-photos.html
Old 03-10-2010, 10:13 PM

c63 amg
cash strapped states and provinces = a lot a tickets.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:07 PM

no more AMG
Originally Posted by c63canada
cash strapped states and provinces = a lot a tickets.
Yeah, California is out of control right now. They are having law enforcement step up the tickets big time right now. It's much better to enforce things like "click it or ticket" then stop real crimes
Old 03-11-2010, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
The cops are being push to issue tickets that means $$$$$ for the almost bankrupt City, I just got on the mail a photo ticket and I have to pay $459.00