Dyno Results :: Before and After :: Stock to evosport Power Pulley :: 2010 C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by dremorg
Quick question fellas...If you have a tune before installing the pulley, would you need a refalsh afterwards?
No tuning or re-flashing is needed for this modification.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe' '99' Audi A4 Avant Quattro 2.8 DD
Thanx guy
Old 03-30-2010, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG - Steel Grey
Originally Posted by avengerboater
Contact Simon and find out.
I would be interested going in on a group buy for the Pulley if the price drops a little bit
Old 03-30-2010, 11:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe' '99' Audi A4 Avant Quattro 2.8 DD
Originally Posted by Kjellster
I would be interested going in on a group buy for the Pulley if the price drops a little bit
+1
Old 03-30-2010, 12:57 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Superlubricity - your technical threads are logical in their construction and thoughtful in their execution. Wish more would follow your lead - would be a worthwhile template for others to consider when documenting the efficacy of their modifications.

Glad to see this gave you solid results; look forward to reading about whatever you pursue next.
Meh. He just likes to write.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by avengerboater
Meh. He just likes to write.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:46 AM

C63
Great write up as usual. The power gain is really impressive throughout the power curve. Man I'm tempted to do this or the EC pulley next. I was hoping the install was a bit easier since I typically do them myself.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by all8up
Great write up as usual. The power gain is really impressive throughout the power curve. Man I'm tempted to do this or the EC pulley next. I was hoping the install was a bit easier since I typically do them myself.
Thanks.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Video is up -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbXrq6pTN7s

Old 05-18-2010, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Hey Super, or shall I call your professorlubricity, quick question. Why did you guys have to heat up the pully to install?...can you describe a bit more.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Hey Super, or shall I call your professorlubricity, quick question. Why did you guys have to heat up the pully to install?...can you describe a bit more.

Thanks.
You need to heat the pulley's hub so the metal expands. This is what allows it to fit over the crank shaft. Once it cools, it forms a snug pressure fit.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Simon @ evosport
It's both and we have about 25 of these on cars in the Middle East right now. So far we haven't seen any issues.
Simon, have they had their summers yet? Just wondering since this was posted in 3/10 and we are now entering summer. I would like to hear from others who had this done and live in the SW desert regions and how their ACs have performed.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
Simon, have they had their summers yet? Just wondering since this was posted in 3/10 and we are now entering summer. I would like to hear from others who had this done and live in the SW desert regions and how their ACs have performed.
Fuggedaboutit Sin...this is a nice mod but in the Southland...I shudder to think what would happen on those 116° days.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:50 AM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Sincity
Their summer is now. I'm in the middle east right now and all is good and recent installs. But this is not the first summer that has passed with parts on cars here. Cars have had this installed since last summer as well.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Zero issues after 4K miles. No change in voltage. Love this mod.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Way overpriced. I got 20RWHP gain just from chaging out the stock center console with the Euroconsole and ashtray insert.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Outstanding write up! Thanks for the objective evaluation with the dyno results.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Outstanding write up! Thanks for the objective evaluation with the dyno results.
Thanks.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Any electrical issues at this point?
Old 08-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by justthebest
Any electrical issues at this point?
zero issues. voltage has not changed a bit. all is functioning as expected.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:46 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
Ok guys I’m going to ask a very important question, larger diameter pulley is reducing load

My Major concern is the long term effects of this pulley on the main seals and the low end due to a balance issues. Lets not forget the load on the ac and how hard the voltage regulator is working now.

What long term testing is done or are we doing the testing? And if its sooo good why are the big name guys not doing it. I don’t know but I’m passing on it. WOW very scary!!!!!..I like to hear some inputs on this..

On the Positive note, It looks very nice tho.

Last edited by 4ramin; 08-20-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:36 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Originally Posted by 4ramin
Ok guys I’m going to ask a very important question, larger diameter pulley is reducing load

My Major concern is the long term effects of this pulley on the main seals and the low end due to a balance issues. Lets not forget the load on the ac and how hard the voltage regulator is working now.

What long term testing is done or are we doing the testing? And if its sooo good why are the big name guys not doing it. I don’t know but I’m passing on it. WOW very scary!!!!!..I like to hear some inputs on this..

On the Positive note, It looks very nice tho.
Was about to reply but I saw you edited your post. Good edit

First, our damper is SMALLER, not larger than stock. It is also lighter than the stock damper. The stock unit uses an elastomer type dampening system just like it did on the 55 Kompressor. As I mentioned before, long term the rubber elastomer will degrade introducing harmonic distortion over time. Especially on a modified vehicle.

Our damper, which we have been using for about 8 years now uses an active technology system. We have had zero failures and I can say we have the most reliable "pulley" on the market. More reliable than pulleys made by "the big names" you imply.

Smaller damper will underdrive the accessories, but we don't underdrive them enough to cause short or long term side effects. Remember the manufacturer builds tolerances into almost all components. No different than how your transmission has more load on it each time you add more power.

The reduced weight of our damper also reduces the amount of rotational mass on the crank. That combined with its reduced size translates to a recapturing of energy that is otherwise lost to spinning components. This recaptured energy is sent to the rear wheels where it translates to more power to the rear wheels.

As far as why the "big names" aren't doing it. My emotional response is who cares. <pause> Ok, now that I'm over that, my actual response would be that having a "big name" does not imply you can put out high quality, reliable or even revolutionary products. If you really believe that, then you are fooling yourself. We may not have the big marketing or advertising dollars they do but we don't shortcut quality or reliability. Evosport leads, we don't follow. Perfect example: we design and manufacturer pulleys for the BMW M vehicles- the first to do so. We have been for many, many years. In fact, the #1 aftermarket mod in the world for the BMW M5 and M6 V10 is our Power Pulley. We have sold thousands of these. After realizing the success of these, several companies, including the famous Dinan itself (the same company who wrote a white paper condemning the use of aftermarket pulleys), suddenly released a pulley for the same vehicle. But I'm not upset. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right?

But consider the M113 55 Kompressor motor. I think everyone eventually released a pulley kit for that engine- most of whom just used the stock low quality elastomer setup as a starting point. The idea with the 63 is the same except it's a single step pulley and we're not overdriving a blower, so power gains are not as massive.

At the end of the day, we can throw dynos, customer feedback, specs, history, etc. to prove the point. All which support the product's claims. So you can either get it and enjoy it or sit back and watch. There are some people you can never make happy or content and that's fine. But we can just keep making great products!
Old 08-20-2010, 02:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
Originally Posted by Simon @ evosport
Was about to reply but I saw you edited your post. Good edit

First, our damper is SMALLER, not larger than stock. It is also lighter than the stock damper. The stock unit uses an elastomer type dampening system just like it did on the 55 Kompressor. As I mentioned before, long term the rubber elastomer will degrade introducing harmonic distortion over time. Especially on a modified vehicle.

Our damper, which we have been using for about 8 years now uses an active technology system. We have had zero failures and I can say we have the most reliable "pulley" on the market. More reliable than pulleys made by "the big names" you imply.

Smaller damper will underdrive the accessories, but we don't underdrive them enough to cause short or long term side effects. Remember the manufacturer builds tolerances into almost all components. No different than how your transmission has more load on it each time you add more power.

The reduced weight of our damper also reduces the amount of rotational mass on the crank. That combined with its reduced size translates to a recapturing of energy that is otherwise lost to spinning components. This recaptured energy is sent to the rear wheels where it translates to more power to the rear wheels.

As far as why the "big names" aren't doing it. My emotional response is who cares. <pause> Ok, now that I'm over that, my actual response would be that having a "big name" does not imply you can put out high quality, reliable or even revolutionary products. If you really believe that, then you are fooling yourself. We may not have the big marketing or advertising dollars they do but we don't shortcut quality or reliability. Evosport leads, we don't follow. Perfect example: we design and manufacturer pulleys for the BMW M vehicles- the first to do so. We have been for many, many years. In fact, the #1 aftermarket mod in the world for the BMW M5 and M6 V10 is our Power Pulley. We have sold thousands of these. After realizing the success of these, several companies, including the famous Dinan itself (the same company who wrote a white paper condemning the use of aftermarket pulleys), suddenly released a pulley for the same vehicle. But I'm not upset. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right?

But consider the M113 55 Kompressor motor. I think everyone eventually released a pulley kit for that engine- most of whom just used the stock low quality elastomer setup as a starting point. The idea with the 63 is the same except it's a single step pulley and we're not overdriving a blower, so power gains are not as massive.

At the end of the day, we can throw dynos, customer feedback, specs, history, etc. to prove the point. All which support the product's claims. So you can either get it and enjoy it or sit back and watch. There are some people you can never make happy or content and that's fine. But we can just keep making great products!
Thanks for the reply, as I said before my biggest concern would be the long term effects on the crank seals as you know this would be a major repair caused by the harmonic distortion over time.

So please correct me if I’m wrong, if we have a modified vehicle we should keep an eye out for degrading on the rubber due to heat and other factors to prevent this …. But yours does not use this rubber im think king your using the I thnink the name is "fluid material rubber like Instead" ? to reduce the harmonic distortion?

I still have questions about weight and other factors that would be too much to be discussed here, I guess I should call you if you don’t mind to answer some of my concerns….

Last edited by 4ramin; 08-20-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:37 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Originally Posted by 4ramin
Thanks for the reply, as I said before my biggest concern would be the long term effects on the crank seals as you know this would be a major repair caused by the harmonic distortion over time.
The harmonic dampening of our pulley is actually better than the stock unit. In fact, even if you kept the size the same and ONLY changed the dampening technology you would still see an improvement. We have seen A LOT of cars with stock dampers and a leaky crankshaft seal (easy fix). We recommend replacing the seal whenever you replace the crank pulley just to be safe. Regardless of whether you are using stock or aftermarket.

So please correct me if I’m wrong, if we have a modified vehicle we should keep an eye out for degrading on the rubber due to heat and other factors to prevent this …. But yours does not use this rubber im think king your using the I thnink the name is "fluid material rubber like Instead" ? to reduce the harmonic distortion?
You need to inspect the damper whether or not the car is modified as the rubber will degrade over time just due to the properties of rubber. Below is a photo of a factory pulley we removed off a vehicle that was stock. Note how the rubber is coming apart at the front of the pulley.

Our pulley is not a fluid damper. They are good, but our active dampening is still superior.

I still have questions about weight and other factors that would be too much to be discussed here, I guess I should call you if you don’t mind to answer some of my concerns….
Of course not. I'd be happy to discuss any concerns over the phone.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Results :: Before and After :: Stock to evosport Power Pulley :: 2010 C63-mbz_damper.jpg  
Old 10-19-2010, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by superlubricity
Zero issues after 4K miles. No change in voltage. Love this mod.
Zero issues @ 10K miles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results :: Before and After :: Stock to evosport Power Pulley :: 2010 C63