Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
tele aid

I just got charged for it. $260.

I called to cancel and they offered $100 discount. So $130 for 12 months. Do you think this service is worth it?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
I don't have it, but in case this i'm not the only one that didn't know this.. the SOS button works even if you're not signed up for teleaid. Just thought I'd throw that in there in case anyone else didn't know that.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by drawde
I don't have it, but in case this i'm not the only one that didn't know this.. the SOS button works even if you're not signed up for teleaid. Just thought I'd throw that in there in case anyone else didn't know that.

Yeah, but you get charged for it. Not sure how much but id bet its pricey to deter people from using it and not the service.

I like the theft protection. If the alarm goes off for more than 20 seconds I get a text. I can also remote open my doors with my phone. They will also track the car if its stolen and forward the GPS info to the police.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:50 AM

2014 E550 Cab
With cell phones so readily available I don't see the need for this. If you have keyless go you can't even lock your keys in the car. I would rather spend that money on sat radio.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Is this a stand alone option? Are all cars equipped then all you have to do is activate? I remember it states TELAID on a separate line on the sticker but I never activated it.

I think the deal you have is good. Plus the amenities make it worth while (unlock, locator, etc...)
Old 08-06-2010, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
there's an sos button?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:30 AM

09 C63
i cancelled mine once they borked the google maps download to car. thats the only thing i used it for.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Is this a stand alone option? Are all cars equipped then all you have to do is activate? I remember it states TELAID on a separate line on the sticker but I never activated it.

I think the deal you have is good. Plus the amenities make it worth while (unlock, locator, etc...)

They come with it for free for the 1st year I think. To activate it you need to put a CC on file. So when the year is up they hit your account. If your not on top of your finances you wouldn't even notice it.

Yeah, the accident detection, unlock and theft detection is worth $10 a month for me. Never know, might crash and be knocked out at the wheel. They call emergency services for you at the moment of impact and use your GPS for your location. Could save your life.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 S210 3.8L Brabus wagon
Are you certain that the teleaid SOS button works when service is not in place? I question that because our SOS button was pushed before the service was ever applied for and there was never a response of any kind, bill or otherwise. I would check with the dealer on that issue.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:16 PM

2010 C63
Originally Posted by Savoy6
i cancelled mine once they borked the google maps download to car. thats the only thing i used it for.
Not sure about TeleAid, but mBrace still works with Google maps. I use it a couple times a week for work.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
axe muderer with headlights
If it's not too late, you are better off switching to mBrace. It supports the send function from Google Maps. (which is the only reason I really paid for the Tele-Aid option)

MY2009 owners have to wait until November to be able to switch.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:23 PM

C63
Yes, 3rd + for mBrace and google maps destination download. Works pretty darn well, though not flawlessly.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by ejsheltra
Are you certain that the teleaid SOS button works when service is not in place? I question that because our SOS button was pushed before the service was ever applied for and there was never a response of any kind, bill or otherwise. I would check with the dealer on that issue.
It works, at least mine did. I've pressed it before in the past, been able to cancel it no problem. But the last time, my friend pressed it and I guess I waited a little too long to cancel it, and I couldn't get out of it. The COMAND pretty much doesn't let you do anything while it's connecting.. No GPS, music, menus, anything.. I pulled over and was going through the owners manual, checking online for how to get rid of it, turning the car on and off, locking and unlocking, etc.. The usual scientific troubleshooting stuff (lol). Was contemplating a battery disconnect but decided to call teleaid/mbrace to get it fixed.. On hold for a while, they hung up on me once while transferring me.. One girl told me they were mbrace not teleaid and they're not sure how to get rid of it. Gave up on them..

After about 30-45 minutes (not even an exaggeration) of trying all this stuff, i hear a voice coming through my dash. He's asking if everything's OK, blah blah, i told him we pressed it by accident, didn't think it'd work cause I don't have teleaid. He said no problem, and fixed it. He said he's the only one that can get rid of that screen and get my COMAND working again.

30-45 minutes? REALLY? good thing it wasn't a real accident, I'd probably be dead or unconscious.

Last edited by drawde; 08-06-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by propain
Yeah, but you get charged for it. Not sure how much but id bet its pricey to deter people from using it and not the service.
How do they charge you? They didn't ask for any of my info, this happened a while ago and haven't received any bills..
Old 08-06-2010, 09:06 PM

Tele Aid

Originally Posted by propain

I like the theft protection. If the alarm goes off for more than 20 seconds I get a text. I can also remote open my doors with my phone. They will also track the car if its stolen and forward the GPS info to the police.

When my S 63 was stolen, I immediately called the police, and then I called to have Tele Aid track my car. They refused to do it unless I gave them a police report number. I explained to them ( according to the police ) it could take hours to get that report number. They said until I give them that number nothing can be done. Six hours later when I obtained the report number, I called back, and they told me they still could not track my car because they had to verify that the report number I gave them was legitimate. I wonder if I had a serious accident with the car, would they send help immediately, or would I have to supply an accident report number first ? By the way, The car was never recovered. Thank you Tel Aid !
Old 08-09-2010, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
For the record, any cellular communication device (whether it be a cell phone, or teleaid/mbrace/onstar is required to be able to contact emergency services, regardless of whether or not it is activated. As long as you have signal, it will work)

As for its usefulness, my car did not have it installed, but I looked at the mbrace literature, and it includes CPO'd cars, first year (or 6 months, I forget) is free, when I asked about it, they told be to come back in Nov for the free install of the hardware (if they remember they offered it to me for free). Due to contractual requirements between MB and Teleaid, I have to wait 2 years from the original purchase date of the vehicle before I can switch to mbrace) I have no SOS button thats why I suspect I do not have the hardware currently installed.

We will see if they remember to do it for free though
Old 08-09-2010, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Most 2010s don't even have it installed. MB didn't even bother. Mine has the red button by the sunroof but I find myself always pressing it on accident because its in my way...