C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What parameters does the MHP Tune for the Engine Control Unit really control?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
This thread may represent the most unprofessional and immature thread started by a vendor I have ever wasted my time reading.

Such a shame our industry is populated with men who never eclipsed puberty.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
This thread may represent the most unprofessional and immature thread started by a vendor I have ever wasted my time reading.

Such a shame our industry is populated with men who never eclipsed puberty.
Amen.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
If this is such a "professional" discussion why not share the limit number with everyone. This thread is such a joke, you must be the owner because I don't know how anyone could get paid to do this as a job.

Last edited by BerBer63; 09-05-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:50 PM

2010 C63
I found this thread incredibly helpful. I know which tune I will NOT be getting now...
Old 09-05-2010, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Powerchip I'll call you Tuseday. I would like to speak about TM . It's great that you are still working and researching the power for the 63's.. And just a reminder, Andy & MHP have had the ECU/TCU tune from day one. Andy has said he has the only ECU/TCU file for the C63's. No matter what tuner he uses it's alway the same story, So each of the tuners must "some how" have the SAME tune ... Horse power is not the greatest from MHP file but the race stats are fast, which means they are more geared to the shifting and TM. Very interesting tune Good job by MHP getting those #'s.. Can't wait to meet up some day.. PC I'll call you Tuesday..
Old 09-05-2010, 06:09 PM

E63
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Powerchip I'll call you Tuseday. I would like to speak about TM . It's great that you are still working and researching the power for the 63's.. And just a reminder, Andy & MHP have had the ECU/TCU tune from day one. Andy has said he has the only ECU/TCU file for the C63's. No matter what tuner he uses it's alway the same story, So each of the tuners must "some how" have the SAME tune ... Horse power is not the greatest from MHP file but the race stats are fast, which means they are more geared to the shifting and TM. Very interesting tune Good job by MHP getting those #'s.. Can't wait to meet up some day.. PC I'll call you Tuesday..
You know anyone can literally call Andy directly and speak to him about this, I just did and he answered on a Sunday! Powerchip I suggest you do the same, he's waiting. Also the others weren't kidding CDT is trademarked LOL!

You must be Rick the car salesman, in his own words you know you had a Dave tune then let someone else molest your ECU, you do not have a MHP tune. Andy stopped working with Dave in March of 2009 this is verbatim out of his mouth therefore you do not have a product that is representative of their current offerings. Funny how you try to make it sound like you do. Andy stated very clearly that you've tried to in the past months tried to buy both parts and tuning for your car from him and he has the emails and texts to prove. What you say about not making HP doesn't make any sense on a physical level either. The cars that trap the highest and ET the lowest are making the most power, their cars do that. Dynos can be manipulated, track results cannot.

How do you gear a file for "shifting and TM" but not HP and TQ? And why would you not do both?

I can personally attest that MKB also advertises TCU/TCM tuning because I spoke with them directly as well. Maybe you should do the same.

Last edited by RStevens63; 09-05-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55, S65, C63, SLK55K4
Wayne,

If this is supposed to be a professional discussion then why don't you just share the torque limits with everybody so we can all benefit? Why do we have to ask for it "on request"?

As most people have posted, this thread is ridiculous. Grow up!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Competition amongst vendors serving out niche hobby ultimately benefits the consumer, yes?

Understand that Powerchip has undergone personnel changes of late. Several may find it telling that during the six years of membership here you’ve only felt compelled to contribute technical expertise on some seventy occasions. Be that as it may, ill-advised threads will do nothing to better one’s reputation within the MBW community or successfully increase his market share.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:53 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Powerchip
There are lots of claims surrounding MHP's ability to control the transmission on a C63 in the tuned file he sells that he buys from a secret tuner in Europe.

Some claims have been made by MHP in relation to the ability of the tune he sells brainy able to control the transmission.

I think the time has come to discuss the fine details of what is controlled and how specifically it is controlled.

Andy has developed an acronym to describe his tuners "unique" ability to control transmission related parameters in the engine control unit. He calls this ECU/TCU and also CDT, which stands for Complete Drivetrain Tuning.

Lets use this thread to have a professional technical related discussion about a technical discussion on MBWORLD and see if members can discuss a topic without the normal
Are You On To Something? please elaborate
Old 09-05-2010, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Why are people commenting on MHP trademarks? I haven't seen Powerchip using that mark or name in business?

You can comment all u want about someones trademark so long as u are truthful or are stating opinion that can't reasonably be interpreted to be a factual assertion.

Powerchip has made factual assertions, so as long as they're true, he's probably permittled to do so.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by RStevens63
You know anyone can literally call Andy directly and speak to him about this, I just did and he answered on a Sunday! Powerchip I suggest you do the same, he's waiting. Also the others weren't kidding CDT is trademarked LOL!

You must be Rick the car salesman, in his own words you know you had a Dave tune then let someone else molest your ECU, you do not have a MHP tune. Andy stopped working with Dave in March of 2009 this is verbatim out of his mouth therefore you do not have a product that is representative of their current offerings. Funny how you try to make it sound like you do. Andy stated very clearly that you've tried to in the past months tried to buy both parts and tuning for your car from him and he has the emails and texts to prove. What you say about not making HP doesn't make any sense on a physical level either. The cars that trap the highest and ET the lowest are making the most power, their cars do that. Dynos can be manipulated, track results cannot.

How do you gear a file for "shifting and TM" but not HP and TQ? And why would you not do both?

I can personally attest that MKB also advertises TCU/TCM tuning because I spoke with them directly as well. Maybe you should do the same.
I have spoken to MKB also. I have emails too, they state NO TCU for 63.. Maybe they do now over the past few month. If so FANTASTIC I'll call them again and thanks for the heads up .. Shifting and TQ managmnet have MUCHO to do with # at the track Take a LOOK at the thread with DADS63 on the juice HIGH HIGH hp #'s but not at the TRACK and thats 100% MHP file .. No problem it's ok man.. go check out the thread.. and that's "RICK THE CAR SALESMAN " please sir Need a CAR?
yes I do not have MHP tune NOR did I ever get a working one.. you must have been mistaking me for another salesman Would love to try one out as I try out many mods. yes you are right the guy Dave you speak about is the same dave that drove to my CAR DEALERSHIP and handed me my ECU oopps I'm out of ****.. Chill man it's just a foum to chat.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
It should be clear by now that this is not a thread for MHP fans to talk about drag racing. That can be discussed in a thread that is seperate to this one.

Rick added information about MKB specifically related to transmission shifting.

He advised that he has been told by MKB that they do not alter certain transmission shifting parameters.

Rick, thanks for your input and your experiences.

Can we PLEASE keep this thread directed to a technical discussion about ECU's and transmission related parameters on the 7 speed Automatic transmission. This is a thread opened by a Sponsor and I have asked that we keep to the point on several occasions.

If people have primary information such as an email from MKB that confirms that they do/do not alter transmission related parameters, please post it.

Thanks guys

Last edited by Powerchip; 09-06-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Wow, I was hoping that members here could have a mature discussion about transmission related parameters.
Then you should have started a thread that was focused on mature discussion. Congrats, your company won't ever see my money. Do you wonder how many other people feel the same?

You should just delete this thread and save face.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:44 AM

C63 AMG
I request to see the TQ limit please . This thread is way too serious. I think we should all move forward so we can find the limits of our cars.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I agree with PistolWhipC63, This thread is way to serious, im sure Powerchip did not have the intention of starting a forum war. He simply said, let the members have a professional technical discussion about the subject at hand. Everyone makes it seem like its soo taboo.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:54 AM

E55, S65, C63, SLK55K4
Powerchip,

You still haven't showed us what the torque limit is. Do you have it or do we have to ask again? Please share so we can all benefit.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
I was hoping we would hear about what MHP's European programmers do to the transmission torque limits. If we give too much away too soon, it will be very easy for our competitors to simply say something like "oh that map, of course we change that map"

Let's see what public statements MHP makes on behalf of it's software developer BEFORE I get one of our engineers to post about it.

We need to cut MHP some slack guys, have you ever tried getting an automotive company in Europe to work on a weekend

They are not like the USA where people allow themselves available on cell phones at all hours.

Let's give them a day or two to make a statement

I am sure Keith wants a car that can change gears in sports mode, and he posts everything that happens to his car, so I am sure his "ecu/tcu" issue can be resolved.

We will hopefully soon know a lot more than we do presently about the so called "CDT" and the so called "ecu/tcu" programming.

Last edited by Powerchip; 09-06-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
I was hoping we would hear about what MHP's European programmers do to the transmission torque limits. If we give too much away too soon, it will be very easy for our competitors to simply say something like "oh that map, of course we change that map"

Let's see what public statements MHP makes on behalf of it's software developer BEFORE I get one of our engineers to post about it.

We need to cut MHP some slack guys, have you ever tried getting an automotive company in Europe to work on a weekend

They are not like the USA where people allow themselves available on cell phones at all hours.

Let's give them a day or two to make a statement

I am sure Keith wants a car that can change gears in sports mode, and he posts everything that happens to his car, so I am sure his "ecu/tcu" issue can be resolved.

Keith's teenage son drums up business for Andy on the forums, so he has a direct line to the salesman. As soon as the Europeans tell the salesman what to say, then we will know a lot more than we do presently about the so called "CDT" and the so called "ecu/tcu" programming.
This is pathetic! How is MHP suppose to respond when they are banned? Like binding someones hands behind their back and telling them to swim! Silly. Even if MHP uses Keith as their go-between, is it realistic to assume Keith wants to spend the time doing so? From what I know of Keith, he spends more time in the car testing and redoing mods to get max performance than sitting around dealing with on-line pissing matches. I applaud him for this and for been so open and honest about the gains and mistakes that occur. That is what these boards are all about.

On the Europe thing...hmmm..I live in Europe and people do work here. Are they consumed by their work like in the US? No. Do they have a better quality life...some think so but that is a whole different issues/debate. What I do know was that I talked with Andy last night on the phone and he responded to emails at 2am his time this morning! This was not about tune, but headers. Not sure how all of this is relevant and I don't see the logic in your statements.

Also what is it with you and Keiths son? You have an issue with this kid or something? Again completely weird statement.

As I said in earlier post, I am on no single vendors camp here. MHP-headers/Evo-power pulley/Kleeman-ECU tune. Here is what i do know. All ECU tuning will be dead in 2013 when the new ECUs come online as they are completely encrypted. RSA encrypted ECUs with CPU lockout. No way to break these babies. None. This came from AMG themselves here in Europe when I met them last week. AMG follow the boards, know the game, who does what etc. They want part of the action ($)- hence the P31 package on C63. I would be more worried about this development than whether MHP can do ECU/TCU tune.

I am sure that MHP will respond in some form or another but I simply do not see the value of this thread under these circumstances as all this has accomplished is a bunch of pissing matches and negativity.

Last edited by harrower; 09-06-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Wayne,
If it will make this thread go away I'll answer your question even though you should be having this duscussion in another place. There are multiple places where there are torque limiters and they are all removed. The rpms ramp up so fast for the 1-2 and 2-3 shift its challenged calculating the shifts. It will change fine in 3-4 and 4-5 on spray because the ramp is slower.

To give everyone an idea its only in 2nd gear approximately 1.6 seconds on spray.
When the spray comes in at 4200rpms (30mph) in first gear its approximately 1.1 seconds until it has to shift at 45mph. The rate the computer has to adjust is ridiculous and thats the problem.

We will get it figured out or I'll change it in manual because that works fine. I'm just a lousy manual driver. Lets all go back to racing!!
Old 09-06-2010, 12:19 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
So IBM is developing a new server product. They find a message forum about servers and gets on, starts a thread: "We are building/about to sell a server product. Lets have a technical discussion about how HP builds a similar product. We would like you to give us specific technical details on how HP's product works."

After the ensuing WTF fallout, IBM replies "Wait, I thought we could have a technical discussion of our competitor's product. All we really want is for someone who knows how it works to put the details here so we can validate our product and possibly steal some of their ideas."

Brilliant strategy, Powerchip.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
(On topic)

There was a massive thread way back on this with a so called pros in the field of tuning in the US got involved along with several tuners all claiming the MHP scam (Naming + price charge surplus) was not true for true TCU tuning.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...y-know-do.html

Numerous threads in the 55 section, where MHP bad mouthed every single tuner you can think of, claiming he was the best and all else failed. (Search there are so many to pick from)

Not one single member could say a thing with out being attacked, bad mouthed and so forth (old respected members included)

MHP tuning on C32’s , 55's, 65's failed including 2 or 3 63's E-CLS (non C) from what I recall, that were supposed to wipe the floor at the track, but came back non operational, or no gain at all. All the hype and seat of pants impressions were never shown on any other platform other then the C.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ning-myth.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...tory-vids.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...est-story.html

Take your pic it is all there.
He went for the most modified members of each class and well, none of them had any good results to speak of in the end (E55, CLK63 black, CL65, CLS63)

As to the sponsor of this topic, you’re posting style / argument could be better, if you are trying to inform us on technical matters, rather then provoking the fan boys…

Mo I find it strange that you have suddenly forgotten all the other respected members that suffered…

(Off topic)

Now I have a question for you, can you tune 55K TCUs?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:28 PM

E63
It should be clear by now that this is not a thread for MHP fans to talk about drag racing. That can be discussed in a thread that is seperate to this one.

Rick added information about MKB specifically related to transmission shifting.

He advised that he has been told by MKB that they do not alter certain transmission shifting parameters.

Rick, thanks for your input and your experiences.

Can we PLEASE keep this thread directed to a technical discussion about ECU's and transmission related parameters on the 7 speed Automatic transmission. This is a thread opened by a Sponsor and I have asked that we keep to the point on several occasions.

If people have primary information such as an email from MKB that confirms that they do/do not alter transmission related parameters, please post it.

Thanks guys
Drag racing is one measuring stick we as consumers can use to measure a product tuning, exhaust, pulley whatever. Saying it's not relevant is just not true. If a car isn't making the power it won't run at the track, and tack data is what you seem to be lacking. I've searched and searched so if you can point me in the direction of a c63 running solid numbers please link me. Until you do this thread comes off as nothing more than sour grapes for you your product doesn't work as well as theirs so slam them on a site where they can't respond.

It's nice that you accept Rick's claim of an email from MKB however I stated after calling them that I was told that they do. I guess my voice doesn't count or your only hearing what you want to my guess is its the later.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:39 PM

E63
Originally Posted by Zod
(On topic)

There was a massive thread way back on this with a so called pros in the field of tuning in the US got involved along with several tuners all claiming the MHP scam (Naming + price charge surplus) was not true for true TCU tuning.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...y-know-do.html

Numerous threads in the 55 section, where MHP bad mouthed every single tuner you can think of, claiming he was the best and all else failed. (Search there are so many to pick from)

Not one single member could say a thing with out being attacked, bad mouthed and so forth (old respected members included)

MHP tuning on C32’s , 55's, 65's failed including 2 or 3 63's E-CLS (non C) from what I recall, that were supposed to wipe the floor at the track, but came back non operational, or no gain at all. All the hype and seat of pants impressions were never shown on any other platform other then the C.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ning-myth.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...tory-vids.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...est-story.html

Take your pic it is all there.
He went for the most modified members of each class and well, none of them had any good results to speak of in the end (E55, CLK63 black, CL65, CLS63)

As to the sponsor of this topic, you’re posting style / argument could be better, if you are trying to inform us on technical matters, rather then provoking the fan boys…

Mo I find it strange that you have suddenly forgotten all the other respected members that suffered…

(Off topic)

Now I have a question for you, can you tune 55K TCUs?
You failed to mention one very key piece of information, all the above events occured when Andy was working with Dave Casper. he severed ties with him over a year and a half ago due to the above incidents. Call him directly at 614 940 9523 and he will tell you the same thing. None of this is new info and I would assume anyone that owned their own business would do the same, identify and solve the problem. You highlight 5 posts on the internet and after reading through some of them I can't say that I agree with half of what's posted on either side however you also can't argue that presently their customers own dragtimes. Not even their own shop car, though I guess they had one at some point too.
On top of all that, it was made clear to me on the phone that MHP has never lost an engine or a transmission of any type which is more than some present board sponsors can say. And I'm not simply taking the mans word for it, if you look at the data everything changes for the better when he said he switched software partners. At this point Andy says they have tuned literally every model of Mercedes or AMG with success and no issues, he even offered to send dynos of a 65, ML63, 65blackseries, and others.
So while it was nice of you to group all that together for us the same could easily be done for any tuner in the world and I don't care what kind of car your talking about. A lot has changed in the past year shops that were supposed to be trustworthy ended up selling dozens of bogus parts and going under aka VRP and his partner in CA. They caused motors to fail, which is the worst thing any tuner can do I'm sure we all agree. Feel free to carry on with your slamming just be fair and input some data from the other side MHP doesn't work with D.C. anymore and its not fair to judge them based on his work.

Last edited by RStevens63; 09-06-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by RStevens63
You failed to mention one very key piece of information, all the above events occured when Andy was working with Dave Casper. he severed ties with him over a year and a half ago due to the above incidents. Call him directly at 614 940 9523 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************614 940 9523******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************614 940 9523******end_of_the_skype_highlighting and he will tell you the same thing. None of this is new info and I would assume anyone that owned their own business would do the same, identify and solve the problem. You highlight 5 posts on the internet and after reading through some of them I can't say that I agree with half of what's posted on either side however you also can't argue that presently their customers own dragtimes. Not even their own shop car, though I guess they had one at some point too.
On top of all that, it was made clear to me on the phone that MHP has never lost an engine or a transmission of any type which is more than some present board sponsors can say. And I'm not simply taking the mans word for it, if you look at the data everything changes for the better when he said he switched software partners. At this point Andy says they have tuned literally every model of Mercedes or AMG with success and no issues, he even offered to send dynos of a 65, ML63, 65blackseries, and others.
So while it was nice of you to group all that together for us the same could easily be done for any tuner in the world and I don't care what kind of car your talking about. A lot has changed in the past year shops that were supposed to be trustworthy ended up selling dozens of bogus parts and going under aka VRP and his partner in CA. They caused motors to fail, which is the worst thing any tuner can do I'm sure we all agree. Feel free to carry on with your slamming just be fair and input some data from the other side MHP doesn't work with D.C. anymore and its not fair to judge them based on his work.
(Off topic)

Look I do not know if you were around then, but the form was a pissing contest every day & it was not for the better...and this feeling was shared by the majority of the form.

Each and every one of those members supported & sided with MHP and defended them like there was no tomorrow, (similar to you now), but suddenly had a change of heart & 180 degree turn after they saw the light and well… did not get what they were foretold by MHP. The truth came out and the shock and disbelief was the man they defended turned on them.

Each an every member was like (DadsC63) that you all look up to, but for several MB classes! Not just the C

So it’s ok that several members got scammed?
Paid a premium for something that was not there? (Might want to see some of the prices MHP charged, heck I don't think Brabus charged that much )

Ok that several members got none working tunes/ drivability issues/ Down time, regardless if this was due to D.C, look at how the overall situations developed and was handled by MHP, it is all there in the links and many more if you search...

It's ok that MHP bashed every single tuner you can think of, including members & sponsors… (I mean if you think PC thread is cheap, you should have seen Andy and his threats back then to sponsors/members, to have them removed, banned, sued u name it)

Again all there if you take the time and search…

Hey I get it, it’s because the C class is uber at the drag strip all the above is irrelevant!!!!

and yes I agree not many sponsors on this form can be trusted to be honest, I can name at least 5 or 6 and do you know what is funny?
All of them had a cult following and then poof all gone when they got burned hard… (History repeating it’s self)

Nothing new has happened since then, still only the C class, if you like it, well hey its your money/ car, so your call

Last edited by Zod; 09-06-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Zod
(Off topic)Nothing new has happened since then, still only the C class, if you like it, well hey its your money/ car, so your call
And isn't that the problem...many of us spend $7k, $11k, $25K...pursuing (edge) (state) of the art performance...I respect all who do regardless of tuner or brand. I am in awe of a few. We all put our money where our mouth is. The rest are all entitled to your opinions but until you put your hard-earned $$$ on the line you are just spectators. And if you non-buyers relentlessly shill someone's product then until you are a buyer you get no respect from me, period.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What parameters does the MHP Tune for the Engine Control Unit really control?