C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What parameters does the MHP Tune for the Engine Control Unit really control?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 04:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
W222 S550
Have you guys seen this?
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=36680
Old 09-15-2010, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by wwjd
Already covered in this thread, please try reading before posting and reigniting a wasted thread. No GTR TCU tunes were sold via that site. MHP wasn't making any profit on them in general and decided to discontinue the tuning. If you read the thread and see how long it takes them to do one I wouldn't waste the time for the $ people werent willing to pay either. I know this because I asked Andy directly when it popped up before.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:53 PM

W222 S550
Originally Posted by RStevens63
Already covered in this thread, please try reading before posting and reigniting a wasted thread. No GTR TCU tunes were sold via that site. MHP wasn't making any profit on them in general and decided to discontinue the tuning. If you read the thread and see how long it takes them to do one I wouldn't waste the time for the $ people werent willing to pay either. I know this because I asked Andy directly when it popped up before.
Sorry man, I didn't know it's repost.

Regarding to what you are saying, you seen to believe that MHP TCM tune for GTR can improve lap times by 10 seconds in a 2 minutes race track in HongKong. Lucky you.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:39 PM

E63
Sorry man, I didn't know it's repost.

Regarding to what you are saying, you seen to believe that MHP TCM tune for GTR can improve lap times by 10 seconds in a 2 minutes race track in HongKong. Lucky you.
I said nothing about anyone's claims or what I believe? If you actually read what was posted by MPH it says 2 seconds a lap on a 2 minute 10 second course. Facts, its nice to have them straight.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:44 PM

W222 S550
I said nothing about anyone's claims or what I believe? If you actually read what was posted by MPH it says 2 seconds a lap on a 2 minute 10 second course. Facts, its nice to have them straight.
OK, anyway, I'm not coming here to start a fight. It's not my business. I thought it would be ok to share a funny story from Nagtroc.org.

Oh, one more thing, there's no race track for cars in HongKong unless MHP meant race track for horses.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:36 PM

E63
OK, anyway, I'm not coming here to start a fight. It's not my business. I thought it would be ok to share a funny story from Nagtroc.org.

Oh, one more thing, there's no race track for cars in HongKong unless MHP meant race track for horses.
Also covered in that thread:

A v3 CDT/Filter only C63 in China taking the win on the Guandong Circuit, 9 seconds per lap ahead of the 2nd place E90 M3:

http://www.modi-auto.com.cn/html/Rac...176/index1.htm
Wonder where he was racing?

http://www.kcracing.com.hk/demo_cont...show_demo=2005 Macau Grand Prix CTM cup winning machine build by KC racing team<br>KC racing ¨î§@ªº2005¿Dªù®æÄõ©Üªv¹q°T¬×«a*xÁɨ®
I got that right off KCs website under customer cars.

KC Racing established by our managing director, Mr. Philip Yau in 1999 as a motor racing team based in Zhuhai International Circuit in China. He managed and drove in touring cars racing series in China, Macau, Thailand and Malaysia. His race highlight would be finished 2nd position in Macau Gaia Race (Division 1) in 2003.
That was from there about us page.

That's 3 tracks.

As large of a city as hong kong is there have to be race tracks around the city.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:59 AM

G55 - R500

That's 3 tracks.

As large of a city as hong kong is there have to be race tracks around the city.

Sorry to butt in - but non of these tracks are in Hong Kong...lol

Macau is awesome track btw! Very scary city race - fun fun fun
Old 09-16-2010, 04:08 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition

That's 3 tracks.

Do you believe everything you read on the internet ??? And a Chinese website nonetheless. I have a .org that's selling .com addys, we should talk.

LARGE city, hong kong??? sure, maybe vertically LOL
you seem to have a horse in this race...but I'm still trying to figure out your exit stratagy...
Old 09-16-2010, 04:25 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
SO,did we learn ANYTHING?
Old 09-16-2010, 06:58 AM

Cars
I have a question, after reading all the posts in this thread. Is MPH a company or a subsidiary of MHP or am I missing something? It seems like you know way too much specifics about this subject to be an independent party or customer and it seems like you deliberately misspell MHP to throw people off your scent. The amount of facts and backstory you know is impressive, but what the hell? The number of times you typed MPH instead of MHP was so staggering that I actually became very aggrevated and angry reading! It reminds me of when I would grade papers in high school and the smart *** kids would copy answers from eachother and change one answer to be wrong to throw me off. It's 3 letters FFS, it doesn't get any easier! It's in the header of the respond box in the thread title! K I'm calm now...

Also there's a lot of drama queens on this site, why some of you are actually freaking out and having a heart attack over this thread seems retarded to me. The guy asked for a discussion because he's trying to call someones bluff because from his experience what MHP claims is bogus.

If I bought for instance a protein shake that in addition to health benefits also claims to cure athletes foot and another company in the field says from what they know that's impossible to do I'd listen before I attack. I don't know spit about the subject so I want to hear what an expert thinks. The problem is in this thread there are too many cheifs and not enough Indians, it appears everyone is an expert on this subject.

A sponsor has posted something and there are 7 pages of conjecture debating the validity of the original post going on several tangents and arguing why it was posted in the first place, why? Normally if a subject doesn't catch my fancy, I find a subject that does, I don't post 50x and repeat myself as to why I make this decision...And if I don't like the way someone does business, I just don't buy the product, why there are attacks on the owner of the company who is a sponsor of this site is equally unprofessional if not more so. We have a phrase in farsi for this, khejalat bekesh. Loosely translates to...have some respect.

I logged in to respond to a pm after a long break from this site and I remember why I stopped coming here. Now I'm talking like you guys!

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:22 PM

Ford
Hey Ted

You are coming in late on the thread

Everyone was PM'ing about the elephant in the room last week

I have been told the elephants name is not Mr R Stevens, it's Andy MPH.

Can you imagine someone with a stock e63 having the time to call Andy everytime someone posts something on a forum just to make sure everything on this forum is suposedly accurate.

I think the members who post on here regularly know who rstevens63 is. Does anyone here NOT think it Andy from MPH.

Oops is it MPH or MHP

Ted, a lot of the discussion on this stuff takes place by PM, which is a shame because when people like you read things literally they only get half the story.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by tedypedy
I have a question, after reading all the posts in this thread. Is MPH a company or a subsidiary of MHP or am I missing something? It seems like you know way too much specifics about this subject to be an independent party or customer and it seems like you deliberately misspell MHP to throw people off your scent. The amount of facts and backstory you know is impressive, but what the hell? The number of times you typed MPH instead of MHP was so staggering that I actually became very aggrevated and angry reading! It reminds me of when I would grade papers in high school and the smart *** kids would copy answers from eachother and change one answer to be wrong to throw me off. It's 3 letters FFS, it doesn't get any easier! It's in the header of the respond box in the thread title! K I'm calm now...

Also there's a lot of drama queens on this site, why some of you are actually freaking out and having a heart attack over this thread seems retarded to me. The guy asked for a discussion because he's trying to call someones bluff because from his experience what MHP claims is bogus.

If I bought for instance a protein shake that in addition to health benefits also claims to cure athletes foot and another company in the field says from what they know that's impossible to do I'd listen before I attack. I don't know spit about the subject so I want to hear what an expert thinks. The problem is in this thread there are too many cheifs and not enough Indians, it appears everyone is an expert on this subject.

A sponsor has posted something and there are 7 pages of conjecture debating the validity of the original post going on several tangents and arguing why it was posted in the first place, why? Normally if a subject doesn't catch my fancy, I find a subject that does, I don't post 50x and repeat myself as to why I make this decision...And if I don't like the way someone does business, I just don't buy the product, why there are attacks on the owner of the company who is a sponsor of this site is equally unprofessional if not more so. We have a phrase in farsi for this, khejalat bekesh. Loosely translates to...have some respect.

I logged in to respond to a pm after a long break from this site and I remember why I stopped coming here. Now I'm talking like you guys!

Just my 2 cents.
idk anything about the actual thread topic, but i know i was thinking the same as you and was just about to post up that it's MHP and not MPH.

but to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, maybe he's posting from an ipod or ipad or something that auto-corrects MHP to MPH? just a thought...

moving on
Old 09-16-2010, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by sorrentoguy
I think the members who post on here regularly know who rstevens63 is. Does anyone here NOT think it Andy from MPH.
Oops is it MPH or MHP
I don't think rstevens63 is Andy from MHP. Admins here can do IP verification on members - which is how you'll see a username get banned after only 1 or 2 posts (when a banned member creates a new username and tries to post under it as a proxy).
Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
I'm surprised this thread is still going...

Cliff's notes version:

DadsC63 runs nitrous at the track for the first time, ET isn't as strong as expected due to shifting issues.

PC sees the posted results as their "smoking gun" that the TQ management is still in force on DadsC63's car.

PC questions the board members about what MHP can really do, because MHP cannot reply here. How board members are supposed to know the technical intricacies of what MHP does or does not do from a software tuning perspective, I still haven't figured out. Incidentally, a similar thread was started over a year ago... and was about as useful as this one.

Thread doesn't go as PC planned (conjecture on my part), hilarity ensues... the rest is history.

Apparently there is a popular BMW forum, where MHP is a sponsor and Andy could address PC's comments made here. An admin of that site mentioned that Wayne/PC was reading and following that thread, but never posted in it...

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this whole thing out.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:56 PM

E63
Originally Posted by LZH
Do you believe everything you read on the internet ??? And a Chinese website nonetheless. I have a .org that's selling .com addys, we should talk.

LARGE city, hong kong??? sure, maybe vertically LOL
you seem to have a horse in this race...but I'm still trying to figure out your exit stratagy...
I see so china is fake, ok, Hong Kong is small city ok? Point no one bought MHP or MPH tune from them for GTR TCU on that forum now they no longer sell it. It is not true that anyone was cheated that is main point that you dont get.

The person that created this thread needs that strategy not me.

Tedy,
I read your post 2x and cant understand most of it but thanks. Sorry for my typing I sometimes switch letters.

Sorento,
I have reda this post since the beginning and have seen you post for powerchip everytime. you are new here so how do you know what regular members say? What about elephant?? YOu think Im Andy? Hahahaha!! He himself said he would not last 10 minutes on here he would be banned again in an instant!

Is it so hard to believe that someone would take the time to call someone to hear true story from other side? We hear one side here why not the other? I like to hear both. What difference it make if my car is stock or not? I want to mod it but I want to choose the right path thats why Im here learning.

What C32DTM posted is true, MHP welcomed powerchip to another forum to talk about this and powerchip read there thread but didnt respond as site owner posted himself.

This thread is waste of time. Enjoy talking to yourselfs again sorry for my mistyping.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by tedypedy

Just my 2 cents.
Damet Garm bro.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:14 AM

Cars
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Damet Garm bro.
Chetori Ostad?