M3 vs. C63 - TV Shoot (Texas)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 E92 M3
Originally Posted by black-clk500
This whole thing just gets more pathetic--Traitor's BRO has come to defend him
Sorry about your family's financial problems from BP and I can understand if money's tight, I got an idea, how about if the kids don't get $50-70K cars to drive around.
Whatever, if FW wants a couple of pimple faced kids stinking up the place so be it.
I can't really pick on these kids anymore, frankly, I'm too old to argue with kids--high school was just too long ago for me
All I can say is Mommy and Daddy have more money than brains to get you such fast and expensive cars--i know you guys love your cars and the hobby, but there's a big difference between plunking down your own clams to get the car you lust after vs. getting one for being a good little boy

I like how FW says the racers are nominated by the forum but, neither driver is endorsed by the forum
I guess FW wants a couple of young kids for the show instead of a bunch of crusty old farts with cars they actually bought for themselves--whatever, maybe this FW guy Paul likes looking at young boys and it's probably the demographic he's after--I've said my piece, I'm done with this thread, drive safe kids
Woah, really dude? Really? This is how it has to go down? You have a wife WHICH DRIVES A BMW and you have to make fun of a kid?

Mommy and Daddy didn't buy my car, I DID, still doesn't mean I have 10G's for mods right now. Do you? You drive a "garage queen" as you say. Go spend 10G's Right now and post a build blog on it.

I actually AM being endorsed by my blog, they support me unlike MBWorld.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by DrakeKemper
Yes. A stock 2009 C63 makes 388 RWHP before tune. After all of the mods, I can't make that no matter how good the tune goes. My car is lighter, your car is more powerful. Haven't we been over this?
Stock C63's don't make 388 rwhp. I mean, dynos can read that way and show that number, but most of them dyno at 350ish rwhp and 340-348 rwtq. This is on a Dynojet and Mustang. Dyno Dynamics reads even lower. This is for 91 octane.

93 octane can show 360's rwhp, maybe even 370 rwhp on a very cool and dry day with plenty of air flow.

Dynos are a great tool. But many of us measure hp by 1/4 MPH. Sure, there can be variations at the track that could affect MPH, but we know what stock C63's run.

Put it to you like this, my tune-only C63 probably makes only 400 rwhp given that's what other C63's with the same tune are making on 91 octane.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:01 PM

2009 E92 M3
The AFE stage 2 intake didn't make it to RennSpec in time for it to be installed. I will NOT be running an intake for this race. I'll post pics of stock airbox at race
Old 01-03-2011, 02:02 PM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)
This event is for entertainment. Take it for what it is.
Really...is the outcome of this encounter going to change ANYBODY'S mind about the cars in question?
If I had to choose, I would take the C63 over the M3 because IMHO believe that it would provide more entertainment for daily driving, with the better exhaust note and more torque.
Simply enjoy the show. I don't think it was intended to be the final arbiter as to which one is the better vehicle.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:13 PM

2009 E92 M3
Thank you, I appreciate the cortship
Old 01-03-2011, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
I didn't b*tch about it, you were the ones complaining about the sponsorships and unfair advantage. You have more HP, I have more time behind the wheel.
Honestly Drake, IF you have the type of high performance driving experience that you have claimed then you should know very well that this entire contest will be decided on the disparity between the drivers and not the cars. You know that Tatorr, the self nominated privateer has negligible drag racing experience with poor results and certainly zero circuit skills whatsoever. Just suggesting that this is a fair matchup would imply that YOU believe the C63 to be such a vastly superior vehicle that it could counter the difference in driver skill.

The cars are similarly priced in stock configuration and both perform very well but with very different approaches. The reality is that $5000 can transform a C63 into a performance realm that can not be attained by an M3 for nearly the same amount of money. That's life and that's why so many header/ tune C63's are out there enjoying the dominance .
Old 01-03-2011, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Woah, really dude? Really? This is how it has to go down? You have a wife WHICH DRIVES A BMW and you have to make fun of a kid?

Mommy and Daddy didn't buy my car, I DID, still doesn't mean I have 10G's for mods right now. Do you? You drive a "garage queen" as you say. Go spend 10G's Right now and post a build blog on it.

I actually AM being endorsed by my blog, they support me unlike MBWorld.
I said I wouldn't engage this kid because it's like shooting ducks in a barrel, but why not
Listen kid, and yes you're a kid at 19, I could give two $h!ts who bought your car, if it was you congratulation you should have.

As for the $10k to spend on mods:
1) it's not what I chose to spend my money on, never said it was.
2) yes the C63 is my garage queen fun car, it's not what I spent my last dime on, I got adult things to pay for like a house, college savings, retirement, etc., etc.
3) I will compare bank accounts with you any day kid, in fact, I got about $3000 in my pocket right now--I own and operate a 30 year old construction company with millions in sales--i actually know how to make money.
I don't care if you fingered Hanna Montana--I didn't have suck anyone's **** for my living--get a real job. I hope you make your dreams come true, I see so many kids dreaming of professional sports, etc. And they forget about plan B--go have fun being a kid, good luck and good riddance--now go back to Mpost with the rest of the fanboys!
I hope Paul over at Forum Wars uses lube on you and Trattor

Last edited by black-clk500; 01-03-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Haha.. That's good..

I said I wouldn't engage this kid because it's like shooting ducks in a barrel, but why not
Listen kid, and yes you're a kid at 19, I could give two $h!ts who bought your car, if it was you congratulation you should have.

2) yes the C63 is my garage queen fun car, it's not what I spent my last dime on, I got adult things to pay for like a house, college savings, retirement, etc., etc.
3) I will compare bank accounts with you any day kid, in fact, I got about $3000 in my pocket right now--I own and operate a 30 year old construction company with millions in sales--i actually know how to make money.
I don't care if you fingered Hanna Montana--I didn't have suck anyone's **** for my living--get a real job. I hope you make your dreams come true, I see so many kids dreaming of professional sports, etc. And they forget about plan B--go have fun being a kid, good luck and good riddance--now go back to Mpost with the rest of the fanboys!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
LOL @ blk-clk500.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB

All due respect, you're out of line. And I say that with full knowledge that you're further on in life than me and have accomplished much more than me.

You're obviously a smart individual.

But, I just think the name calling isn't cool.

The way I feel about name calling is, if you wouldn't do it in person, don't do it over the internet. And if you would call someone names in person over a show that just doesn't quite seem to live up to the hype, than I would say, you are being yourself on this forum, and that's great.

But, I'm just stating my opinion, because I care how this forum is run.

I also had 3K in my pocket last week, but then I had to deposit it in my checking account so that I could pay down my CC. So, not quite flossing yet.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:09 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Stock C63's don't make 388 rwhp. I mean, dynos can read that way and show that number, but most of them dyno at 350ish rwhp and 340-348 rwtq. This is on a Dynojet and Mustang. Dyno Dynamics reads even lower. This is for 91 octane.

93 octane can show 360's rwhp, maybe even 370 rwhp on a very cool and dry day with plenty of air flow.

Dynos are a great tool. But many of us measure hp by 1/4 MPH. Sure, there can be variations at the track that could affect MPH, but we know what stock C63's run.

Put it to you like this, my tune-only C63 probably makes only 400 rwhp given that's what other C63's with the same tune are making on 91 octane.
Sonny, no matter how you try to skew the numbers, the C63 has an advantage over an M3. A rather BIG one right from the factory. It's rated at 451 HP at the crank, but a tune only brings it up to it's other 63 siblings power level. That's just the HP, never mind the 2.2 liter displacement difference and torque that comes with it. I owned some M's in the past and currently have an M6. Non of them had torque, and the M6 is a 5 liter.

Both cars have pros and cons. Both cars are great, just built with two different philosophies in mind.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by SMP
Sonny, no matter how you try to skew the numbers, the C63 has an advantage over an M3. A rather BIG one right from the factory. It's rated at 451 HP at the crank, but a tune only brings it up to it's other 63 siblings power level. That's just the HP, never mind the 2.2 liter displacement difference and torque that comes with it. I owned some M's in the past and currently have an M6. Non of them had torque, and the M6 is a 5 liter.

Both cars have pros and cons. Both cars are great, just built with two different philosophies in mind.
"skew the numbers?"

I don't see how I did that. I don't like to "skew" things.

The post you quoted from me speaks for itself. But, if it doesn't -- just in case -- I didn't comment on which car has an advantage or disadvantage. I responded about the power levels of the C63.

You brought up which car has the advantage.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:28 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
These 2 cars are pretty closely matched and I'd say the M3 has the handling advantage for sure. That combined with an experienced driver put the M3 on top for sure. Sounds like Tattor or whatever his name is....is driving a long way just to get his *** kicked on TV. Personally, I think we should nominate Graham Rahal from our forum to drive his car and send a ringer !!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by LZH
These 2 cars are pretty closely matched and I'd say the M3 has the handling advantage for sure. That combined with an experienced driver put the M3 on top for sure. Sounds like Tattor or whatever his name is....is driving a long way just to get his *** kicked on TV. Personally, I think we should nominate Graham Rahal from our forum to drive his car and send a ringer !!
I agree with you and from what I understand the M3 should handle better, and especially so with a better driver.

Drag race, the C63 should have the advantage, even though it's a heavier car. But, it's not easy to launch a C63 without DR's (btw, I've never had DR's before). Takes a lot of practice and still, somtimes the result isn't so great.

I really don't understand why Forum Wars doesn't allow the participants to use DR's.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

All due respect, you're out of line. And I say that with full knowledge that you're further on in life than me and have accomplished much more than me.

You're obviously a smart individual.

But, I just think the name calling isn't cool.

The way I feel about name calling is, if you wouldn't do it in person, don't do it over the internet. And if you would call someone names in person over a show that just doesn't quite seem to live up to the hype, than I would say, you are being yourself on this forum, and that's great.

But, I'm just stating my opinion, because I care how this forum is run.

I also had 3K in my pocket last week, but then I had to deposit it in my checking account so that I could pay down my CC. So, not quite flossing yet.
hey Sonny,
I can respect your opinion 100%, but I frankly disagree about being out of line.
Obviously, you don't know me one bit "in reality" but I'd have no problem saying anything in person I've said on here to anyone.
I'm really not a bad guy, but I have no problem expressing my opinion, never did, never will.
Now a lot of my comments are in jest because that's just who I am and how I operate.
One thing is for sure, I've never been one to say no to a fight, verbal or otherwise, so if someone wants to throw some $h!t at me they better be ready to get more thrown back
I didn't get where I am being soft, I can guarantee that, especially in my line of work!
So I guess we agree to disagree--you seem like a good dude, my beef is not with you.
Really, I don't have a beef with anyone, I guess I'm a very opinionated and little argumentative

BTW the $3000 was just an observation I made to state my point that I didn't spend my last two shekels on my C63--I'm actually one of the few people left on the planet who uses cash in my daily life, I find it much simpler than debit cards, my wife is the complete opposite, she never has cash--now back to the show

Last edited by black-clk500; 01-03-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:43 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
"skew the numbers?"

I don't see how I did that. I don't like to "skew" things.

The post you quoted from me speaks for itself. But, if it doesn't -- just in case -- I didn't comment on which car has an advantage or disadvantage. I responded about the power levels of the C63.

You brought up which car has the advantage.
The post I quoted was your answer to the M3 guy about HP difference at the wheel . No offense, but no tune in the world for the M3 is coming close to what a tune brings on a C63. Again, a C63 has a BIG HP and torque advantage to an M3. Those are the 2 cars competing, right??? That's what this entire thread in it's 11 page glory is all about, right???
Old 01-03-2011, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
hey Sonny,
I can respect your opinion 100%, but I frankly disagree about being out of line.
Obviously, you don't know me one bit "in reality" but I'd have no problem saying anything in person I've said on here to anyone.
I'm really not a bad guy, but I have no problem expressing my opinion, never did, never will.
Now a lot of my comments are in jest because that's just who I am and how I operate.
One thing is for sure, I've never been one to say no to a fight, verbal or otherwise, so if someone wants to throw some $h!t at me they better be ready to get more thrown back
I didn't get where I am being soft, I can guarantee that, especially in my line of work!
So I guess we agree to disagree--you seem like a good dude, my beef is not with you.
Really, I don't have a beef with anyone, I guess I'm a very opinionated and little argumentative

BTW the $3000 was just an observation I made to state my point that I didn't spend my last two shekels on my C63--I'm actually one of the few people left on the planet who uses cash in my daily life, I find it much simpler than debit cards, my wife is the complete opposite, she never has cash--now back to the show
Very well said.

I appreciate each of your points. I guess the lesson for me is we don't know what someone else is about until we ask (or comment in my case).

You seem like a cool guy too.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:46 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
I agree with you and from what I understand the M3 should handle better, and especially so with a better driver.

Drag race, the C63 should have the advantage, even though it's a heavier car. But, it's not easy to launch a C63 without DR's (btw, I've never had DR's before). Takes a lot of practice and still, somtimes the result isn't so great.

I really don't understand why Forum Wars doesn't allow the participants to use DR's.
If all you C63 guys are so worried that our contender is gonna get beat (and worried is accurate considering this thread has gone 10 pages) - then why don't you guys sponsor our guy ?? A tune and headers should be enough for the worst driver to beat this M3, right ? Why not approach Andy MHP and have him donate the mods in exchange for putting a huge *** "MHP" sticker somewhere on the C63 ?? Can't beat those (somewhat) free advertising dollars on national TV
Old 01-03-2011, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by LZH
PencilGeek over at M3 post said that professional drivers showed up and crashed the party at FW so why not?

Last edited by Sincity; 01-03-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by SMP
The post I quoted was your answer to the M3 guy about HP difference at the wheel . No offense, but no tune in the world for the M3 is coming close to what a tune brings on a C63. Again, a C63 has a BIG HP and torque advantage to an M3. Those are the 2 cars competing, right??? That's what this entire thread in it's 11 page glory is all about, right???
I think the confusion lies in the post of mine that you quoted. I was simply attempting to correct the M3 driver. He made an assertion, I didn't know it to be correct, so I responded with what I considered a correction.

He commented about the respective power levels of the two cars. I wasn't talking about that.

But, clearly, in the context of this thread, it could easily seem like I was comparing the respective advantages of the two subject cars given their rwhp levels.

The thing is that's not where my mind was at when I made that post.

But, I understand how this modern form of communication does not serve us perfectly well as not every intended message translates.

However, I'm not sure how any of this would suggest that I was "skewing the numbers."
Old 01-03-2011, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by LZH
If all you C63 guys are so worried that our contender is gonna get beat (and worried is accurate considering this thread has gone 10 pages) - then why don't you guys sponsor our guy ?? A tune and headers should be enough for the worst driver to beat this M3, right ? Why not approach Andy MHP and have him donate the mods in exchange for putting a huge *** "MHP" sticker somewhere on the C63 ?? Can't beat those (somewhat) free advertising dollars on national TV
Because, a C63 should become increasingly more difficult to launch with MHP LT's and no drag radials. And it should make exiting corners more difficult without an LSD.

With a lot of practice, I'm sure a driver can become very successful at driving our cars, but throwing power at the problem (i.e., lack of driver skill and experience) has the potential of putting us at a further disadvantage, especially so when the car is without an LSD.

But, I agree with you about the advertising opportunity.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:58 PM

2003 C32 / 2004 E55 / 2009 C63
Originally Posted by LZH
Great idea!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:06 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by LZH
Bravo, someone at last is making sense! But to be honest, it doesn't really need LT's. In my opinion the LSD and tune is enough to beat an M3. Besides, the LT's would only help in the 1/4, but do ***** on the road course in it's slow paced configuration. Like I said a long time ago, it's more important to put all that torque to the ground coming out of the relative slow turns.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by LZH
Me and mike said one of us could bring our cars but forum wars don't want us we are to fast
Old 01-03-2011, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LZH, you're right about the sponsorship, but you're missing the point here (all 11 pages) Forum Wars rigged this thing by selecting whom they wanted on the show and Traitor has had little interest in embracing his comrades, hence why he's taking a beating on here.

Now I agree with Sonny, and it's been said before, w/o LSD and a skilled driver it's all for nothing regardless.

In a perfect world, we could have nominated whom we wanted and he could have gotten sponsorships from tuners, etc. and we would have beat the M fans (I restrained my wording) easily--sadly Paul over at FW wants a couple of young kids to drive these cars so other teenage kids can say, "wow, I want to be like those two dorks, mommy can I have an M3"
And I'm still not convinced Paul's not into little boys(that's the jest part I was talking about Sonny)

This thing is dead in the water and is not going to be a true representation of what it could have been, that's why so many have gotten pissed, myself included

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 vs. C63 - TV Shoot (Texas)