Sponsored by:

M3 vs. C63 - TV Shoot (Texas)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 E92 M3
Originally Posted by betrezra
Drake - how do you get certified to be a stunt driver/precision driver? Is it a weekend drivers course, or something more intensive? Either way sounds like a whole lot of fun.
How was your bull run experience? How did you finish?

For a young man you've got some pretty extensive driving experience...... at 19 I was barely qualified to perform 1 wheel burnouts in a clapped out 1969 firebird
I am certified through Rick Seaman's motion picture stunt driving course.

The BullRun was an amazing time, the best week of my life... that ended up with my car catching on fire haha. My write-up on the Rally is posted here http://bullrun.com/node/5851 I also have two ten minute videos on YouTube about it with footage.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
When did this turn into ForumMATCH.com

Save the banter and Cosmo's for after the tickle fight

This is supposed to be a ForumWAR!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by callmiro
When did this turn into ForumMATCH.com

Save the banter and Cosmo's for after the tickle fight

This is supposed to be a ForumWAR!!!
i lol'd
Old 01-03-2011, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by DrakeKemper
Are you stupid? A supercharger build would take 3+weeks. They have to take apart the whole engine. Re-build it, replace almost every part, and properly test/tune it. I would definitely race Dodger if I had a Supercharged M3, I'd have no problem with that. But no company is giving away $20,000, and they don't have enough time to finish it.

I actually respect Dodger, I feel bad because he was the real choice, as was MartinD. He is handling it quite well.
It's called tongue and cheek--forget it, I don't want to keep explaining my posts to you.
Enjoy your 15 mins
Old 01-03-2011, 09:59 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I think most of you guys are pissed about the person selected being labeled as the MBWorld "chosen" "representative". Fine, if you don't like it, perhaps we can ask the Forum Wars to state that he's just "from" MBWorld and that he doesn't represent MBWorld. Or even better, if you'd like to distance yourself more, that he simply "posts" on or is a "member" of MBWorld. How's that?
Originally Posted by dodger63
All over forum wars website: it states forum wars Nominated members competing? Maybe instead of the poll we should ask the moderators or whom ever to ask forum wars not to use mbworld at all!! Cause obviously it's misrepresentation since its not really forum wars more like tv show choice wars all I'm asking is for mbworld to step up.. You guys are fast to smack us around for the slightest thing go jump on forum wars for coming into our house lying and trying to b/s us all
dodger63 is right, if they don't say it is the forum "chosen representative", it is going to go against the very idea of FW. But even if they reword it somehow, which is highly unlikely, it is still going to be implied that Tatorr is representing MBW.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:42 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Guys, I think it is time to forget about the supercharged M3.

Paul@FW just said that he is open to suggestions on who should represent MBW. If Drake's M3 is OE tune only with high-flow air filters (not sure why he needs the $3k worth of vinyl wrap for the race), I think it is fair if it runs against an OE or MHP tune only C63 (I am not very familiar with other tunes) with ROW box and high-flow air filters and LSD. Obviously, the C63 must be driven by an experienced driver as well.

If we can find the right car and the right driver, I think we should be good.

Dodger's car probably has too many mods, but maybe mthis can remove the headers temporarily for the race?

Last edited by andy_c63; 01-03-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Last time I thought of "war" I meant kill the opponent.. Not o wait there fighting with a hand gun so that machine gun isn't fair..

I'm over this we will be represented by trattor hope he does well best of luck to you!!

I'll be hanging out with mthis and some other respected forum members this Thursday I'll make a few runs in street attire on my continental dsw's to see what I could pull off..

And just 1 last word I am not scared of a supercharged m3 I'd love to race one with no nitrous.. Maybe we could make our own video.. That would be good.. Well good luck all wish me luck

The supercharged m3 (on dragtimes) bested a 10.87 with 100 shot I no my goal for Thursday!!!!! (all motor)

Originally Posted by andrey_clk55

Paul@FW just said that he is open to suggestions on who should represent MBW. If Drake's M3 is OE tune only with high-flow air filters (not sure why he needs the $3k worth of vinyl wrap for the race), I think it is fair if it runs against an OE or MHP tune only C63 (I am not very familiar with other tunes) with ROW box and high-flow air filters and LSD. Obviously, the C63 must be driven by an experienced driver as well.

Dodger's car probably has too many mods, but maybe mthis can remove the headers temporarily for the race?
Old 01-04-2011, 01:10 AM

GF
how about stock c63 vs stock m3, is a driver's race...
Old 01-04-2011, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S

After he takes the headers off maybe we should give the M3 a 2 car head start too. Just to make sure they know we are nice

WTF!!!!!!

Did you seriously suggest a guy to pull his headers off?????

Last edited by callmiro; 01-04-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:45 AM

2009 C63 AMG
After he takes the headers off maybe we should give the M3 a 2 car head start too. Just to make sure they know we are nice

WTF!!!!!!

Did you seriously suggest a guy to pull his headers off?????
Just throwing ideas out there. What options do we have? Let Tatorr race with no LSD and experience? They obviously are not going to let a C63 with headers to race against that M3 and no other M3 stepped up..
Old 01-04-2011, 02:02 AM

pontiac firefly
Originally Posted by DrakeKemper
I am certified through Rick Seaman's motion picture stunt driving course.

The BullRun was an amazing time, the best week of my life... that ended up with my car catching on fire haha. My write-up on the Rally is posted here http://bullrun.com/node/5851 I also have two ten minute videos on YouTube about it with footage.
was your mom with you then too
Old 01-04-2011, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
Just throwing ideas out there. What options do we have? Let Tatorr race with no LSD and experience? They obviously are not going to let a C63 with headers to race against that M3 and no other M3 stepped up..
This is not a debate about MODS

This is about getting a good driver behind the wheel (ie mthis/dodger)

No mods will even the differences in driving dynamics between a 2 door coupe and our 400 pound heavier 4 door sedan

It's not just about horsepower. No amount of horsepower will compensate for a Novice driver

Last edited by callmiro; 01-04-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:40 AM

2009 C63 AMG
This is not a debate about MODS

This is about getting a good driver behind the wheel (ie mthis/dodger)

No mods will even the differences in driving dynamics between a 2 door coupe and our 400 pound heavier 4 door sedan

It's not just about horsepower. No amount of horsepower will compensate for a Novice driver
Right, that's what I said

Obviously, the C63 must be driven by an experienced driver as well.
But if they want to match the mods, let's match the mods...

Also, even an experienced driver is going to have tough time racing without an LSD...
Old 01-04-2011, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
Last time I thought of "war" I meant kill the opponent.. Not o wait there fighting with a hand gun so that machine gun isn't fair..

I'm over this we will be represented by trattor hope he does well best of luck to you!!

I'll be hanging out with mthis and some other respected forum members this Thursday I'll make a few runs in street attire on my continental dsw's to see what I could pull off..

And just 1 last word I am not scared of a supercharged m3 I'd love to race one with no nitrous.. Maybe we could make our own video.. That would be good.. Well good luck all wish me luck

The supercharged m3 (on dragtimes) bested a 10.87 with 100 shot I no my goal for Thursday!!!!! (all motor)

I just want to commend you guys on trying to put forth a solid representation of the C63 Forum. Alot of us share your enthusiasm and commitment to the sport and our awesome cars!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
18 Titan XD 13 Cayenne TT 13 BMW HP4
We are planning to be at the dragstrip the Friday before, and I can offer sound advice there. I haven't auto-x'd in about 20 years, so we could use some help. I said I would help so it doesn't matter who goes. This isn't the end-all of comparisons. This isn't two champions meeting on a battlefield to save the lives of thousands in a ground war. You are all entitled to your opinions but with all of the griping and long posts, you could have been offering advice - tire pressures, launch rpms, what the car responds to when it's understeering, and on and on. With that said I'll challenge everyone here to offer some advice through experience with a near stock C63 for drag racing or auto-x. If you truly know something, then post it. Otherwise you're nothing but a wanna-be, mamby-pamby, yellow-belly, skirt-wearing softy that can't offer advice because you don't know nuthin'. Prove me wrong; man up if you dare. And by the way it helps other forum members down the road with setup and advice because this isn't the final word in racing!

He is allowed to change tire pressure between events. We can also ice down the intake, if desired. I did at least get that clarified through FW.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Were is trattor we all would give advice,,, but he's not to be found..

Originally Posted by the head
We are planning to be at the dragstrip the Friday before, and I can offer sound advice there. I haven't auto-x'd in about 20 years, so we could use some help. I said I would help so it doesn't matter who goes. This isn't the end-all of comparisons. This isn't two champions meeting on a battlefield to save the lives of thousands in a ground war. You are all entitled to your opinions but with all of the griping and long posts, you could have been offering advice - tire pressures, launch rpms, what the car responds to when it's understeering, and on and on. With that said I'll challenge everyone here to offer some advice through experience with a near stock C63 for drag racing or auto-x. If you truly know something, then post it. Otherwise you're nothing but a wanna-be, mamby-pamby, yellow-belly, skirt-wearing softy that can't offer advice because you don't know nuthin'. Prove me wrong; man up if you dare. And by the way it helps other forum members down the road with setup and advice because this isn't the final word in racing!

He is allowed to change tire pressure between events. We can also ice down the intake, if desired. I did at least get that clarified through FW.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
18 Titan XD 13 Cayenne TT 13 BMW HP4
Is no one else worthy of advice? Post it up for all to see.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Without an LSD On street tires advise isn't going to help much..

Run lower pressure on the drag strip this is something you need to practice at depending on temp, Tire, track condition.. Try 20lbs

Heat the tires good hopefully there the softest ones u can get.. Stage as far back in the box as possible feather the gas off the line. Hopefully ones you start moving track prep is good so you don't get one wheel peel watch the shifts as it'll prob break traction in the shift if not your good! Check tire pressure and ice down car after every 4 or 5 runs..

You guys need to break 2.0 60' 1.90 would be out if this world if cars hooking up well after the shift I would just continue practicing 60' and abort right after 60' time is posted.

I would try with and without spare. 20#s over the rear could help also if you go day before bring gas tanks with gas try 1/4 a few times then add more see if the added weight helps

Over inflate the front tires to 50-60lbs... Just remember to change back for road course
Old 01-04-2011, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Go read the sticky on drag racing in the 211 forum. It contains everything anyone could possibly want to know about launching an AMG.

There really are no words that can help someone with zero road course or autocross experience be competitive. Nothing replaces track time with a skilled instructor. Maybe Tatorr can ask the BMW hot shoe to give him some lessons before the actual event starts.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Drake, don't think I didn't notice that you declined to answer the post that I directed at you which begged the question:

Do you really believe that the C63 is superior enough to the M3 to wash out the disparity in driver skills?
Old 01-04-2011, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
"There really are no words that can help someone with zero road course or autocross experience be competitive. Nothing replaces track time with a skilled instructor. Maybe Tatorr can ask the BMW hot shoe to give him some lessons before the actual event starts."

He needs to be at the track ASAP for as long as possible to practice decent 60's.
He needs to know how to dress, what shoes to where, how to stage, when to let off (yeah sounds dumb but makes a diff), how to set traction control, whether to powerbrake of the line.... when to dump the gas, or whether to feather the gas..... all things you get from experience and developing "your" technique.

Good luck to you bubba, practice practice.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Were is trattor we all would give advice,,, but he's not to be found..
He is busy practicing on GT5.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Sincity
He is busy practicing on GT5.
That's to much
Old 01-04-2011, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
The good news is that it is possible to cut 1.90x 60' with street tires on your first track outing with the car. I did it by using the tips I learned on here.

Here's some tips:

When staging for burnout, turn t/c off and put car in Manual, 1st gear, you can shift into second during the burnout. I didn't do this, but I will try it next time.

If you don't have an LSD, try to only put the left rear wheel in the water in the burnout box, that way it starts to spin easier and can help heat both tires, not just the right rear wheel that's getting all the rear wheel torque.

Deep staging makes sense, works for our best drivers, but I would think it takes practice to figure it out.

Put the transmission in Sport mode, click downshift paddle one time and place car in D1. The car will only shift at redline and that's important because when u feather the car off the line, the car can sometimes shift into 2nd to early and that should kill ur ET.

In D1, you can feather the throttle and take the gear to redline.

Of course, with street tires you should feather the throttle off the line, BUT, be cognizant of ur traction, because as soon as you hook, mash that throttle to the floor.

With decent track prep, a novice can cut 1.90x's 60'
Old 01-04-2011, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Here's some tips:

When staging for burnout, turn t/c off and put car in Manual, 1st gear, you can shift into second during the burnout. I didn't do this, but I will try it next time.
I'm not sure if it is wise to shift during the burnout in M. IIRC, C63 Guy had his trans blown by the driver doing something like this during the Castrol event after SEMA the year before.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 vs. C63 - TV Shoot (Texas)