Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M3 vs. C63 - TV Shoot (Texas)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
So from what I understand, the C63 and M3 are two cars that are in competition from the factory. BMW slouched and put a smaller V8 with less power so now when it comes to tuning and being competitive, it is not "fair" to them to have anything less than F/I? The M3 has what, 20 less hp from factory? I sure hope the M3 competing doesn't have suspension mods. From the rules that I see going on, that wouldn't be "fair" to the C63 even if he has coilovers.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by theforumwars
Guys, we understand the enthusiasm from Dodger, and appreciate his willingness to make the drive from the North East, but we have moved forward with Tatorr. His car is already at a power advantage against the M3. I have spoken with Tatorr, he is a great guy and is very excited about representing MBWorld. There will be future seasons of the Forum Wars and perhaps then we can try and match the Monster C63 and M3s. But this is going to be a great match up and I hope you guys really get behind Tatorr. He's a great guy I wish him luck. Thanks to all and we look forward to hearing what you think about this episode when its released! Paul
yeah for the blown M3
no offense to Tatorr, but they are setting you up, don't go be their whipping boy!

I too never heard of this forumwars, other than seeing that M3/M5 video that someone posted here--great concept, but if it's just another M strokefest I personally don't need it.
Maybe we can just send a C63 pinata for the M guys to bash on!
And as others have said before, who nominated Tatorr here, does his car even have LSD? I'd rather see a P31 with LSD compete and this is "stock."

Sincity: spell check will not pick up the "no" vs. "know" thing--just thought I correct the "corrector"---just thought you should no!

Last edited by black-clk500; 12-30-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Sincity
I don' think that will happen because the show will loose whatever integrity it has left and would be bad business for them.

Dodger: Are you using a spell check? Your "no" should be "know."
On iPhone all the time and vocabulary isn't my strong point. I also don't proof read but most of my points get across
Old 12-30-2010, 10:00 AM

18 Titan XD 13 Cayenne TT 13 BMW HP4
Tatorr - chime in, buddy. I'm here to help if you want me there at the track.
Just curious what kind of track experience we have here since the guy from the M3 world is boasting (probably rightfully so) about being a pretty good driver having roadrace experience on top of being some form of stunt driver. Hopefully they will prep the dragstrip well, otherwise the torque advantage becomes a disadvantage with wheelspin.

PM me or post if you need/want some support at the event.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by dodger63
On iPhone all the time and vocabulary isn't my strong point. I also don't proof read but most of my points get across
Don't sweat it--it's not a term paper--last time I checked this is a car forum, not a grammar forum.
Sincity was just trying to be helpful
Old 12-30-2010, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by black-clk500
Don't sweat it--it's not a term paper--last time I checked this is a car forum, not a grammar forum.
No sweat here I no my strong points in life. And my shortfalls it's ok..

Back to topic trattor were are you buddy we need to make sure you run your stock 18s and get some tires.. What tires are you going to use, What air pressure are you going to run at the track? Do you indeed have an LSD.. You defiantly should! I ran a road course without one you do lose bad without it there!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:47 AM

Also a quick note - the weather looks like rain that weekend right now. So if anyone is considering travelling down here they should keep up with the weather forecasts in Baytown, TX which is where the track is really located.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Tatorr needs to chime in quickly. He needs to put his stock 18s back on and like everyone else stated, have the LSD.
I am sure some of us are willing to send a bit of money to "thehead" or someone else to make sure he gets the right tires and LSD.
Let's make sure we get this done right with the cards that we are being dealt (even though the dealer was not fair).
Old 12-30-2010, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by black-clk500

I'm not any better with grammar, either.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:20 PM

Don't send it to me. It'll wind up in the cooler then drank. HA!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:01 PM

pontiac firefly
No sweat here I no my strong points in life. And my shortfalls it's ok..

Back to topic trattor were are you buddy we need to make sure you run your stock 18s and get some tires.. What tires are you going to use, What air pressure are you going to run at the track? Do you indeed have an LSD.. You defiantly should! I ran a road course without one you do lose bad without it there!
haha i love how dodger63 refers to Tattor as Trattor (traitor)...this your subconscious speaking?
Old 12-30-2010, 02:15 PM

2010 Artic White C63
I apologize to everyone.
I havn't been on in quite awhile.
I've been trying to get my hands on some LTH's but it doesn't look like i'll be getting them anytime soon.
The time not spend on MBworld, I were switching out the 20 to back to OEM and trying to order some LTH's and trying to get some deal's on tires.
Tire's at the moment, I do in need of a set. As of right now i still have the Pirelli in the front but have Nitto Invo's on the back.
Sadly, I do not have LSD.
The tires i would want to purchase would be Michelin PS2's the same set i have on the HRE's.
As for tire presure, i would need some advice on that.
Any advice would be greatful at the moment and i shall thank you for it.
Support would be more than greatful and i thank anyone that would support me.
I do apologize to Dodger, mthis, and the entire mbworld that either Dodger or mthis wasn't nominated for this event.
As i didn't know what happen in the process of nominating or just picking a random person.
As for track experiences, i do not have any at all.

-Tot.

Last edited by Tatorr; 12-30-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
my advice, sit this one out and let another member participate
Old 12-30-2010, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Tator,

No need to apologize.

Good luck.

If your looking for a set of LTH's I think James from ACGSanDiego
has a set of MBH headers in stock.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:30 PM

Let me know what the schedule is they send to you (when to be there and so forth). That will determine a lot on when I can help. Hopefully they will have a few practice sessions. I'll admit that my own auto-x experience is rusty - like I did that 20 some-odd years ago. I can help with the drag strip part, though. The rules also need to be known - what is allowed? If the rules don't state it, does that mean we're free to do whatever? Stuff like that. I'm sure you have no intentions of removing seats and stuff like that - I'm talking on a simpler scale like ice, race fuel, or whatever. I have a pop-up canopy since there is no garage space there, but it's on the small side. I'll also use this as an opportunity to take a bunch of photos with a new camera. Anyway, the sooner the better so things can get into place. I'll also PM you.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Nitto nt05 get those! There cheap sticky and aggressive. Forget headers grab an LSD you will not need power as much as traction on the strip and road course.. We out run m3s daily stock.. Traction will be the #1 priority.. Tires LSD and tire pressure along with a light foot will take those m3s..
Old 12-30-2010, 02:46 PM

2010 Artic White C63
Nitto nt05 get those! There cheap sticky and aggressive. Forget headers grab an LSD you will not need power as much as traction on the strip and road course.. We out run m3s daily stock.. Traction will be the #1 priority.. Tires LSD and tire pressure along with a light foot will take those m3s..
I am currently in Houston at the moment and don't have a lot of cash flow as i am currently tight with budget; ie new years, B service soon, tires.
Sorry fella's. I'll keep you updated as of anything new happen's.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:49 PM

2010 Artic White C63
Dodger, you have pm.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by Tatorr
I am currently in Houston at the moment and don't have a lot of cash flow as i am currently tight with budget; ie new years, B service soon, tires.
Sorry fella's. I'll keep you updated as of anything new happen's.
With all respect and I am not trying to be a smart a$$ or a wise guy but without a LSD, good rubber and no track time, maybe a no show would be the best thing?
Old 12-30-2010, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Nittos can be had for 150 each. If you don't use an LSD you might want to keep traction on sport but it will be a huge disadvantage in all events.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:07 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
With all respect and I am not trying to be a smart a$$ or a wise guy but without a LSD, good rubber and no track time, maybe a no show would be the best thing?
+100

Not a simple no show, but an official refusal due to the nomination being a COMPLETE

This whole thing is a setup and If Tatorr goes, there is a good chance we all be
Old 12-30-2010, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by andrey_clk55
+100

Not a simple no show, but an official refusal due to the nomination being a COMPLETE

This whole thing is a setup and If Tatorr goes, there is a good chance we all be
One of the things this show can display is the 1/4 mile potential of the C63 when it is modded with tune/headers/ maybe air box/filter and DR's. The C63 is really unique in this regard.

The C63 apparently requires less than 500 rwhp to achieve low 11's.

I would think the point of this show would be to pit two equally modded, highly competitive cars against one another.

M3 owners should never say anything like, "well, the M156 engine is larger, so we need more mods to level the playing field." In comparison, we don't seem to care too much about the weight disparity.

Sure, we can drop a few pounds with some lightweight parts, but if the M3 guys want to do the same, then remove the passenger seat. I'm willing to bet the C63 community would say, "no problem, do what you must."

Both sides know the C63 should own the M3 (equally modded on the 1/4 mile track). But, what will be interesting is seeing how evenly modded cars match up on the autox portion.

The 0-100-0 would have been a real cool event. I would think the lighter car (M3) would not be at a significant disadvantage in this test, maybe even at no disadvantage. Anyway, shouldn't a well-balanced, fine-tuned, sports car like the M3, be able to be competitive in this test.

I know the C63 should be quicker to 100 mph, but I have no idea which cars stops in a shorter distance. Perhaps the M3 would have the advantage there.

I want to show support for Tatorr. He's a cool guy who wants to compete and have fun.

There are a number of guys on this forum with really solid racing experience (not me, unfortunately) that can do their best to help prep Tatorr.

Without an LSD, it takes a real ginger foot to extract the most out of this car on any non-straight-line race.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by the head
Let me know what the schedule is they send to you (when to be there and so forth). That will determine a lot on when I can help. Hopefully they will have a few practice sessions. I'll admit that my own auto-x experience is rusty - like I did that 20 some-odd years ago. I can help with the drag strip part, though. The rules also need to be known - what is allowed? If the rules don't state it, does that mean we're free to do whatever? Stuff like that. I'm sure you have no intentions of removing seats and stuff like that - I'm talking on a simpler scale like ice, race fuel, or whatever. I have a pop-up canopy since there is no garage space there, but it's on the small side. I'll also use this as an opportunity to take a bunch of photos with a new camera. Anyway, the sooner the better so things can get into place. I'll also PM you.
Much respect for offering your time and hands-on support.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
X2 on Nittos. You at least need them on the rear.
There's deal on QuaifeLSD for $1,200. Check the thread.
I see you sig to say 12.XX for 1/4 mile.
You need to get new tires, run to the track and try some runs. With a tune and a bit of experience, you need to try to get into high 11s. That should be plenty enough to beat the M3.
Remember that you are representing the forum and being cheap for about $2K on a $70K car does not make sense.If you don't have the money to invest in this endeavour, then please decline the invitation and let someone else represent the forum.
Your BMW counterpart has officially stated he was financially ready to spend money on mods so please do not disappoint us.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Guys this I'm sure is an elimination type 1/4 mile, m3 has LSD and tires!
I wouldn't get your hopes up to much.. No disrespect to trattor.. But seems like we are starting way behind the 8 ball on this one...

Last edited by dodger63; 12-30-2010 at 06:09 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 vs. C63 - TV Shoot (Texas)