C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who should represent MBW at The Forum Wars (C63 vs. M3)?
dodger63
29.17%
mthis
5.56%
Either dodger63 or mthis
56.94%
Tatorr
0%
No one should go
8.33%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Who should represent MBW at The Forum Wars (C63 vs. M3)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Sincity - very well said.
We need to see how we can keep something sooooo cool from turning into a steaming pile.
Great idea, poor execution.

Your proposal on the m3 site is spot on.
Let's actually put up a MBW car/driver that we choose.

As it stands now..... MBW is in no way affiliated with this show and it's outcome..... and I'd be so bold as to ask the mods here to consider sending a msg to the show stating such.

We shouldn't let our club be represented in the wrong way on the internet or on national television. It's just wrong.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Anyone hear from forumwars.... I think his name is Paul?
Paul are you out there?
Anything to say about all this?

Last edited by betrezra; 01-02-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
I can hear the announcer for Forum Wars now:
Today we have a very exciting match up beween the most powerful M3 the BMW forums can find vs the C63 we chose. Its gonna be a great match up with bragging rights on the line!!

In this corner representing the BMW forums is a 650HP M3 that has many mods including weight reductions and a super charger. The BMW is race preppared and probably 600 pounds lighter than the C63. He's the best of the best they have and should be able to compete strong in todays competition.

In the AMG corner we have a rookie, no track experience driver with nothing but a tune. He doesn't even have LSD but he's the one we chose so it should be interesting to see how this one sided competition will play out. Hope everyone enjoys todays episode.

Wait a minute, the MBWorld wants to chose their own opponent with a few more modifications but still less power and heavier. Now we have a more evenly matched up pair of cars!!!!!! Lets line them up!!!

Now, In the AMG corner representing the MB forums is a stock engine C63 with long tube headers, a tune, and some light weight parts. Even though the mods are not equivalent they were willing to send this car to compete. Should be interesting to see how a heavier car with less power will compete with the best BMW forums have to offer.

Oh, wait a second, there's been some last minute changes. The selected SC'd M3 has mechanical problems and cannot attend. I hope we can find another worthy opponent. Wait..... wait......... wait............ wait...........

I guess the entire M3 world cannot find another worthy opponent.
Oh wait, we have a competitor and he's more evenly modded with the original C63 so this will make for a more evenly matched competition.
In the BMW corner we have an expertly driven, sponsored, and moddified M3.

Hang on, I have new a word from our producers. They do not want the slightly modded C63 to compete with the new M3 opponent. Apparently the M3 crowd doesn't want to compete with the chosen C63 so we are going to have to chose a new opponent. He was too much for them to handle and we want the M3 to stand a chance so we have to find a new opponent.

Now we are back to the rookie stock C63 with just a tune. Should be interesting how a much heavier, less powerful C63 will compete with the M3.

Due to the changes in todays opponents we are going to regroup and make this another road and track competition comparing two lightly modded stock vehicles so please do not watch this episode believing this is a forum wars competition.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by Sincity
Well said, Sonny.

Betrezra: saw your post and I put my $.02 in there.

Black-clk500: Understand your passion and frustration. You can have that word (British reference to cigarette) back.
Thanks, Sincity.

And I agree, those kinds of insults are no good.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Spot on Dad!

LOL Sonny....I meant that he can have it back to use out of frustration since I "policed" him the first time and I understand where he is coming from. But we really should keep personal attacks out of this.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
I've got no ill will towards the bmw kid they picked. Short of the misguided 1st post with false info..... he seems to be on the cusp of some notoriety. Imagine being that age with that kind of hardware and support to participate in bull run, and forum wars, and I believe I read somewhere he did some disney stuff. Cool stuff. And to get to become certified as a stunt driver at that age!

We'll keep our focus on the bogus matchup which DOES not represent MBW in any way (IMHO).

We're a classy bunch over here, and invite future invitations for legitimate match-ups on or off the track .
Old 01-02-2011, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by Sincity
Spot on Dad!

LOL Sonny....I meant that he can have it back to use out of frustration since I "policed" him the first time and I understand where he is coming from. But we really should keep personal attacks out of this.
I missed that. Haha my bad.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Ttt
Old 01-03-2011, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Dear admin and mods, can we please make this thread a sticky?
Don't you guys care how this forum and MB/AMG are going to be represented on TV?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Totally Agree andrey_clk55. Totally agree.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
What about HHughes or Dads? They have road course and dragstrip experience. I haven't been paying attention to this topic but I think those guys' skill and character would represent C63 owners well. qShip5 is in Texas, has good track mods and has road course experience. What about him?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
What about HHughes or Dads? They have road course and dragstrip experience. I haven't been paying attention to this topic but I think those guys' skill and character would represent C63 owners well. qShip5 is in Texas, has good track mods and has road course experience. What about him?
Are fate is in trattor hands.. No one steped up dads is not ready! and forum wars doesn't want to do what they set out for.. They've changed the rules and basically the whole idea of the show! We should just move on from this!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by dodger63
Are fate is in trattor hands.. No one steped up dads is not ready! and forum wars doesn't want to do what they set out for.. They've changed the rules and basically the whole idea of the show! We should just move on from this!
Yup, seems like a lame event anyhow. Not one MB on the list. Not worth your time.