Headers Price List

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by bhamg
What are they going to offer over say, the MBH headers? Quality? Performance? I don't think so. And at what additional cost? Methinks the ship has sailed already...
That particular ship sailed away from RT a looong time ago.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Banned

Speedriven
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Those shorty headers for the 55k were designed sometime in 2003 (almost 7 years ago). At the time, it was on par with other products on the market. Since then, they've made many revisions, improvements, and updates (as every company should do over time to each of their products).
Just to be clear, you're talking about the 55k shorty headers made by Jun BL for Hartmut in Korea, right?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Banned

Speedriven
Originally Posted by RStevens63
I have a hard time believing Hartmut would start a fist fight anywhere, isn't he over 60? You have proof of this? Holy crap!!!???
Call these guys http://www.advancedkarting.com/ and ask about HF starting fistfights.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Speedriven
Just to be clear, you're talking about the 55k shorty headers made by Jun BL for Hartmut in Korea, right?
Actually, only one of them...
Old 01-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Banned

Speedriven
it is not fair to say that the new guys are not good (or will never be as good as) the individuals you listed above? Chances are they are at least equally as good as the older group.
The new guys may be better than me, they may be better than Ken and they may be better than Jeff ... but nobody in this business is better than Steve Jones @ Rennhaus.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned

Speedriven
Actually, only one of them...
Only one of what? One 55K header design? Yes. One muffler design for the SL55K? Yes.

Just to be clear, that is in NO WAY intended to be a dig at RENNtech's business skills or product, since those were the best headers available at the time, they worked, they made power, etc. and they were GORGEOUS on top of that, it's just that they weren't made at RENNtech, which is how it seemed like they were being presented.

The same is true of the mufflers they used on the SLs, Es, CLSs, etc. from 2006-2010 and the CF airboxes they used and continue to use.

The products are great, but it's become a re-branding company. Steve's departure started the trend, and Jeff's departure confirmed it.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
For those who don't know... Jo worked at RENNtech.

And if you don't know who Steve Jones is here is a little bio
Old 01-06-2011, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
The new guys may be better than me, they may be better than Ken and they may be better than Jeff ... but nobody in this business is better than Steve Jones @ Rennhaus.
Be very careful of what I'm saying. I did not say the new guys were better, they could be better, equal, or worse. However, chances are, they are at least equal since RENNtech always seeks better. I do NOT have insider information on who is working there and what their background is.... but I take it neither do you.

Are you saying he is the BEST TECHNICIAN IN THE WORLD ? And no one can be better than him? Very presumptuous statement in my opinion.

By the way, I do not doubt for a minute that he was extremely good (I was told so by countless distinct/different sources, some of whom I trust very much).

Last edited by MB_Forever; 01-06-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Banned

Speedriven
Be very careful of what I'm saying. I did not say the new guys were better, they could be better, equal, or worse. However, chances are, they are at least equal since RENNtech always seeks better. I do NOT have insider information on who is working there and what their background is.... but I take it neither do you.

Are you saying he is the BEST TECHNICIAN IN THE WORLD ? And no one can be better than him? Very presumptuous statement in my opinion.

By the way, I do not doubt he was extremely good (I was told so by countless sources).
With all due respect, you'd be very wrong there. This isn't meant to be an attack on you, though it seems like I might be coming across much more harshly than I mean to. I apologize to you, and hope you accept that apology.

I will say this, however: in my opinion, Steve is the best tech there is. Technicians today are not trained the way he was trained, and the only person I've met in this business (and I have met many) who I would put in the same category as Steve is - maybe - Tim Switzer Sr. (not the owner of Switzer Performance, but his dad).

If anything, I am getting worked up NOT because of what's being said about RENNtech or by you, Mo, but I am worked up about (what I believe to be) the horrible way RENNtech treated resources like Steve, Jeff, and others over the years.

I disagree strongly with the statement that RENNtech always seeks the best way in the sense that you mean it. RENNtech's ownership does seek the best in another sense: they always seek to improve the bottom line.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
For those who don't know... Jo worked at RENNtech.

And if you don't know who Steve Jones is here is a little bio
Please note that most of his years of experience working on many Mercedes (including the SLR) comes from working on cars at RENNtech and from RENNtech's customers. It is safe to say that he also learned/gained by working at RENNtech.

Very impressive resume indeed though

Last edited by MB_Forever; 01-06-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
It looks like he's not wearing any pants, and the camera man just walked in on him screwing a transmission.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
It looks like he's not wearing any pants, and the camera man just walked in on him screwing a transmission.
who doesn't like working in the buff?
Old 01-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Banned

Speedriven
Gives a whole new meaning to the word "shaft".
Old 01-06-2011, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
LOL....

Thanks for that comment.... definitely lightens-up the mood in this thread
Old 01-06-2011, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dads C63
You can't estimate what your car will run until you put some drag radials on there and make it happen. Your car will not drop .6 just by adding drag radials but how far you get into the 11's only racing will tell.

Dodger63 just ran 10.91 @ 129.47 N/A at MIR this morning!! Thats hauling!!
Really? All the drag racing experts I've spoken with at PBIR have all told me that the rule of thumb is when you can launch better, for every 0.1sec. better on the 60ft., it usually translates into approx. 0.2sec. better in the 1/4mi. ET. A good set of drag radials should reduce the 60ft. time from 1.9xsec. (I got on my Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season Plus tires) to approx. 1.6x sec. 60ft. time. So, if that 'rule of thumb' formula is accurate, then a 12.0 sec. 1/4mi. ET should be reduced by approx. 0.6sec. for a decent ~ 11.4x sec. @ 120+mph run. I've also had multiple people confirm that guesstimate on MBW as well.

Last edited by sflgator; 01-06-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:55 PM

10 C63
Originally Posted by sflgator
Really? All the drag racing experts I've spoken with at PBIR have all told me that the rule of thumb is when you can launch better, for every 0.1sec. better on the 60ft., it usually translates into approx. 0.2sec. better in the 1/4mi. ET. A good set of drag radials should reduce the 60ft. time from 1.9xsec. (I got on my Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season Plus tires) to approx. 1.6x sec. 60ft. time. So, if that 'rule of thumb' formula is accurate, then a 12.0 sec. 1/4mi. ET should be reduced by approx. 0.6sec. for a decent ~ 11.4x sec. @ 120+mph run. I've also had multiple people confirm that guesstimate on MBW as well.
Dude why would you run all seasons in Florida? I just bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S plus tires as well...great tires but we get snow/sleet etc here in the north unlike you. I would've stuck to high perf. summer tires
Old 01-06-2011, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by pdjafari
Dude why would you run all seasons in Florida? I just bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S plus tires as well...great tires but we get snow/sleet etc here in the north unlike you. I would've stuck to high perf. summer tires
or Drag radials.

I was driving on drag radials until mid December here in NJ.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
The same is true of the mufflers they used on the SLs, Es, CLSs, etc. from 2006-2010 and the CF airboxes they used and continue to use.

The products are great, but it's become a re-branding company. Steve's departure started the trend, and Jeff's departure confirmed it.
Are the boxes made in the US?
Old 01-06-2011, 03:05 PM

E63
Brother you seem like a nice guy so let's put this to bed. Until you actually do it, it's just heresay. There is no "general rule of thumb" as each car has different HP/TQ, powerbands, gearing, weight, shifts in 1/4, aero, shift time, etc etc.

You just need to get some DRs and run. Based on your mods and what you ran before I say 11.6@120-121. Petro ran a bit quicker and faster with the addition of the renntech airbox (over what you have) in much better air.

Just get the tires and run baby!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by pdjafari
Simple...I drive > 25k mi./yr for work (and use my C63 AMG as a DD), so changing out rear tires every 5-7k mi. or 4x+/yr is ridiculous.

So, I opted for these "ultra-high performance all-season" tires that come with a 45k mi. treadwear warranty. They ast me approx. 10-12k mi./yr on the rear and I get a new set for less than the cost of 1 tire. They still handle very well and aren't loud at all, so it's little sacrifice on the road.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Simple...I drive > 25k mi./yr for work (and use my C63 AMG as a DD), so changing out rear tires every 5-7k mi. or 4x+/yr is ridiculous.

So, I opted for these "ultra-high performance all-season" tires that come with a 45k mi. treadwear warranty. They ast me approx. 10-12k mi./yr on the rear and I get a new set for less than the cost of 1 tire. They still handle very well and aren't loud at all, so it's little sacrifice on the road.
i run performance summer ps2's and get pretty good mileage.. 12k+ should be easy, i'm getting around that if not better.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RStevens63
Brother you seem like a nice guy so let's put this to bed. Until you actually do it, it's just heresay. There is no "general rule of thumb" as each car has different HP/TQ, powerbands, gearing, weight, shifts in 1/4, aero, shift time, etc etc.

You just need to get some DRs and run. Based on your mods and what you ran before I say 11.6@120-121. Petro ran a bit quicker and faster with the addition of the renntech airbox (over what you have) in much better air.

Just get the tires and run baby!!!
Eventually I may get a set of DRs, but for now, I'm quite happy with how I ran, given the street tires I have on. And, yes, the 'general rule of tumb' as I described is quite true...go onto other car enthusiast forums or talk to the drag racing experts and they will tell you the same thing. Of course, it's not an "absolute" with "definite" results but again, a 'general rule of thumb' that usually holds true in most cases.

I really have nothing to prove to anyone...as you even mentioned, given the mods I have on my car, the results are as expected with a hypothesis that I would run in the mid 11's @ 120+mph with drag radials...and that's enough for me for right now.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by drawde
i run performance summer ps2's and get pretty good mileage.. 12k+ should be easy, i'm getting around that if not better.
Wow! That's phenomenal...haven't really seen that with PS2's. Love the PS2's...excellent!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Sincity
Are the boxes made in the US?
boxes as is the airboxes for the 63 from Siebon? I think we know that Siebon goes overseas for a bunch of their carbon. In this case a fiberglass airbox with a layer or carbon over it.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Hey,
I meant no offense. Just get out there and run and stop guessing or predicting what you'll run. We can all do that but until it happens its just a guess. Lets go racing at the track!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Headers Price List