Did you get the Mhp tune yet.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by dodger63
100 like I've been.

Did you get the Mhp tune yet.
Nice. Is the new custom tune a 100-octane only tune? Like, do you have to run straight-100 all the time or do you swap ECUs back and forth?

Yep, I got the V3 a couple weeks ago.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Propain - it's not an "all-the-time" thing, but a significant percentage of your posts are argumentative, condescending, and downright abrasive to anyone who disagrees with you, or simply doesn't share your particular worldview. Maybe you're a real peach to hang out with in person... but you don't often come across that way on MBW.
Thanks for your opinion of me. Please stop back again soon I don't know what I would do without your insight on my MBW personality.

Please show me in this thread where I have been argumentative, condescending, and downright abrasive to anyone who disagrees with me.

The funny thing about a debate is both parties usually have opposing arguments. I don't know how you debate but from what Ive learned its usually argumentative.
I enjoy MBW for that very reason. I'm not here to blow smoke up peoples orifices. I enjoy a good clean intelligent debate. I rarely resort to personal insults or grammatical corrections and I give my opinion and like it or not and in most cases unsolicited.

Again, I'm not here for a popularity contest. If you like me, Great! If not, I'm sorry to anyone I offend in the process. I'm not here however to be a controversial troll who stirs the pot just for kicks. This is me, the forum me, I'm sorry you or anyone else who doesn't like me. I wont lose any sleep over it though, trust me.

Abrasive? Yes, maybe. I'm from NY. We tend to come across that way.

I can tell you this Mr C32. I don't have this problem in person and no one comes at me like they do on this anonymous forum. I don't think my personality differs much however in person. I can be a bit sarcastic. I also tell it like it is and I can also be opinionated if I am even slightly educated on the subject being discussed.

I have many friends however and I don't think anyone (maybe Jon) has ever had a problem with me in person from this forum. Again, not to my face.

Humility however might be one of my flaws. I'm working on it. I tend to stick to my guns against adversity even when out-manned and sometimes stubbornly refuse to see another option in the process. Again, I am working on it. No one is perfect.

Any other insight on this discussion Mr. Innocently passing by not stirring the pot at all? Anything constructive at all to add to this thread? Maybe you would like to introduce us all to another pot that would like to call a kettle black?

The only thing I have seen you do in this thread is respond directly to me. Obviously you have a problem with me directly. Did I insult you 500 posts ago and this is your moment to pounce? Get over it, I don't remember you so obviously it wasn't anything personal.

Have a good night.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
Sorry to say Ive been a victim.
YOU have been a victim Jon? YOU?!!??!

Best thing Ive heard all night. You have diarrhea of the mouth and I shut you up. (See Sig) YOU were the victim?? No wonder hes all over me, he must be one of your boys. (The C32 guy)

Last edited by propain; 01-07-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by superlubricity
Nice. Is the new custom tune a 100-octane only tune? Like, do you have to run straight-100 all the time or do you swap ECUs back and forth?

Yep, I got the V3 a couple weeks ago.
I'm only running this at the track I have not purchased the new ecu. I want this ecu to only no the track so I don't have to do 10 runs for adaptation.. I barely drive my car especially in the winter so. I'm holding off with the second ecu since I havnt driven since atco and I won't drive again till Mir in feb. I have to much work to get done. Haha

What are your thoughts between the tuned are you happy with Mhp. I havnt seen any comp post or Anything?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by propain
Thanks for your opinion of me. Please stop back again soon I don't know what I would do without your insight on my MBW personality.

Please show me in this thread where I have been argumentative, condescending, and downright abrasive to anyone who disagrees with me.

The funny thing about a debate is both parties usually have opposing arguments. I don't know how you debate but from what Ive learned its usually argumentative.
I enjoy MBW for that very reason. I'm not here to blow smoke up peoples orifices. I enjoy a good clean intelligent debate. I rarely resort to personal insults or grammatical corrections and I give my opinion and like it or not and in most cases unsolicited.

Again, I'm not here for a popularity contest. If you like me, Great! If not, I'm sorry to anyone I offend in the process. I'm not here however to be a controversial troll who stirs the pot just for kicks. This is me, the forum me, I'm sorry you or anyone else who doesn't like me. I wont lose any sleep over it though, trust me.

Abrasive? Yes, maybe. I'm from NY. We tend to come across that way.

I can tell you this Mr C32. I don't have this problem in person and no one comes at me like they do on this anonymous forum. I don't think my personality differs much however in person. I can be a bit sarcastic. I also tell it like it is and I can also be opinionated if I am even slightly educated on the subject being discussed.

I have many friends however and I don't think anyone (maybe Jon) has ever had a problem with me in person from this forum. Again, not to my face.

Humility however might be one of my flaws. I'm working on it. I tend to stick to my guns against adversity even when out-manned and sometimes stubbornly refuse to see another option in the process. Again, I am working on it. No one is perfect.

Any other insight on this discussion Mr. Innocently passing by not stirring the pot at all? Anything constructive at all to add to this thread? Maybe you would like to introduce us all to another pot that would like to call a kettle black?

The only thing I have seen you do in this thread is respond directly to me. Obviously you have a problem with me directly. Did I insult you 500 posts ago and this is your moment to pounce? Get over it, I don't remember you so obviously it wasn't anything personal.

Have a good night.
I responded to your post, because (rightly or wrongly) I've seen a few occasions where it seemed to me you "give props" to someone in one breath and demean their same efforts in the next. Or nag and pester folks until you get every last one of your questions answered to your satisfaction.

No worries - perception isn't always reality. Besides, like any large collection of personalities, you get some exemplary individuals, some "Grade A" douchebags, and everything in between. Just goes with the territory.

YOU have been a victim Jon? YOU?!!??!

Best thing Ive heard all night. You have diarrhea of the mouth and I shut you up. (See Sig) YOU were the victim?? No wonder hes all over me, he must be one of your boys. (The C32 guy)
The C32 guy doesn't know Jon, nor you, from Adam. Not losing sleep here either.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I responded to your post, because (rightly or wrongly) I've seen a few occasions where it seemed to me you "give props" to someone in one breath and demean their same efforts in the next. Or nag and pester folks until you get every last one of your questions answered to your satisfaction.

No worries - perception isn't always reality. Besides, like any large collection of personalities, you get some exemplary individuals, some "Grade A" douchebags, and everything in between. Just goes with the territory.

I can respect that and you are partially correct I think. My immediate response to threads like these is "How" ect... Not from a vindictive or condescending position. Just an inquisitive one. That is why I give props first before I do. To try to NOT come off that way. I really don't try to offend and that is why I say "Good Job" or something else first. Guess I need to find another method...

You are fortunate however to not know Jon if you think Im bad or a "Grade A douche" You have no idea...

Enough poo poo from me on Dodgers thread. I felt I needed to address this with you though but I'm really trying to be done with this thread now... I guess walking away is another flaw of mine..
Old 01-07-2011, 10:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Just wanted to throw a Congrats your way guys, it's nice to see hard work paying off for the ones putting in 110%.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS

Why cant we all get along?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:30 PM

c63
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
Sorry to say Ive been a victim.
me too

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...u-drive-3.html
Old 01-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

I'm only running this at the track I have not purchased the new ecu. I want this ecu to only no the track so I don't have to do 10 runs for adaptation.. I barely drive my car especially in the winter so. I'm holding off with the second ecu since I havnt driven since atco and I won't drive again till Mir in feb. I have to much work to get done. Haha

What are your thoughts between the tuned are you happy with Mhp. I havnt seen any comp post or Anything?
That's awesome, Mike. Great to see that tuning for race gas really opens things up on these cars. I wish there was a way to switch between a the MHP V3 tune and this 100-octane tune on the fly. I used to do this in my '03 Cobra. It was really sweet to be able to switch between them. I don't think I could swing the race-gas-only tune in my Spring-Fall daily driver.

I haven't had much time to really evaluate the new tune. The car "feels" much more responsive but you know me; I like data. Our tracks don't open until March/April.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Kind of off topic, but I don't know if any of you guys ever think of this but, I imagine AMG pays attention to events like Dodger, Mthis, and Dads track outings, edit: sorry, Petro, too--he's running quick and fast as well.

I mean, it's clear that the C63 was engineered to be a beast on the 1/4 mile track.

But, I wonder if AMG ever achieved these amazing results when they tested this car.

Just a little fun speculation here, but I kinda think AMG built a couple C63's with some nice LT's and a more aggressive tune just to see what the engine could do.

Even if they did do that, I highly doubt they saw 131+ mph traps.

To the drivers who push our platform as far as you do, thank you! You make us all proud.
Just to answer this, yes AMG does monitor these boards. They know of a few cars and what mods have been done but their interest is not the speed or hp, but how the engine does long term under such circumstances. Dragging is not as popular in Germany so they really aren't focused on the times per say. What they are interested in are the mechanical mods that are been done such a cams/heads and how the engine responds and possible applications to track use. They have also shown some interest in mods that are done here which would have track benefits such as CF vented hoods which have an impact on weight savings and keeping engine cooler. Remember that track performance is more important to them than 1/4 mile.
Here is a quote from a AMG/HWA engineer I talked with - "if most of these owners would focus on tires/transmission mods/launch technic then this would improve their times. Produce all the HP you want...the TCU will just dump it"

Sonny - trust me when I say that if AMG, more specifically HWA wanted to focus on 1/4 mile times, I am sure they could beat these times. They have simply let this aspect of the market go to the after-market guys. There is simply not enough market demands to justify the investment to give them the ROI. If there is money there, then they will go after the market. This is why the new ECU will be enrcypt'd - this way they can get $ from ECU mods themselves vs. letting all the aftermarket gusy get the $. Look at the economics - they can charge $3K for tune as option and yet the cost of goods is zero - pure margin. This has their interest. There simply not enough profit in 1/4 mile mods to justify the investment.

Last edited by harrower; 01-08-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
That's awesome, Mike. Great to see that tuning for race gas really opens things up on these cars. I wish there was a way to switch between a the MHP V3 tune and this 100-octane tune on the fly. I used to do this in my '03 Cobra. It was really sweet to be able to switch between them. I don't think I could swing the race-gas-only tune in my Spring-Fall daily driver.

I haven't had much time to really evaluate the new tune. The car "feels" much more responsive but you know me; I like data. Our tracks don't open until March/April.
Persuasion.. I learned that from craigs (rpms) dad.. Talk to the track guys.. Persuade them..
Old 01-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Our tracks don't open until March/April.
Our tracks are closed too. Pays to know people
Old 01-08-2011, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Dodger - amazing times dude. Combination of experience at the track and a set up that works. Keep pushing the limits, amazing to think a car this civilized is in the 10's.

On another note, add me to the list of those who think this is par for the course for propain. You come onto every thread as a contrarian, looking to start trouble in a passive aggressive way, stating something you know will be offensive to rile the crowd up because its off the wall, then back into a "im just saying" type attitude, before you go back off on your arguments to get under peoples' skin.

The masses obviously have spoken here, no one appreciates it. C32-amg said it best - all of us are saying the same thing. We're not all wrong bud...
Old 01-08-2011, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Dodger - amazing times dude. Combination of experience at the track and a set up that works. Keep pushing the limits, amazing to think a car this civilized is in the 10's.

On another note, add me to the list of those who think this is par for the course for propain. You come onto every thread as a contrarian, looking to start trouble in a passive aggressive way, stating something you know will be offensive to rile the crowd up because its off the wall, then back into a "im just saying" type attitude, before you go back off on your arguments to get under peoples' skin.

The masses obviously have spoken here, no one appreciates it. C32-amg said it best - all of us are saying the same thing. We're not all wrong bud...
The masses? Did the entire forum turn against me over night?

You? 1 thread that made you mad at me because I proved you wrong above leasing the C63. You are one of those guys who think your just smarter than everyone else throwing in peoples faces that the deprecation will be in the toilet and how the C63 will be worth crap in a few years. You always like to top it off with the "Ohh I leased mine because im smarter than the rest of you" Look in the mirror buddy. Just an FYI I dont take being a contrarian as an insult.

https://mbworld.org/forums/3952247-post16.html

I think its cute however how this thread is being used as a "I don't like ProPain either" soap box. Another sheep who thinks "This is my moment to get back at him" Go run along with the flock Rory. You definitely are one of the people who I don't like and really don't care to improve that relationship at all.

and yes.. C32 did say it best "No worries - perception isn't always reality. Besides, like any large collection of personalities, you get some exemplary individuals, some "Grade A" douchebags, and everything in between. Just goes with the territory."

Last edited by propain; 01-08-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:13 PM

2014 ML350
I have noticed Propain is the expert of :

Let it go man.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by 4ramin
Why cant we all get along?
Well... I think we're making progress... some things take time.

Originally Posted by rory breaker
C32-amg said it best -
and yes.. C32 did say it best
See? That's the kind of common ground that we can work with. Let's build on that. I feel like Slick *****... sans intern fellation.

Dodger - sorry for the OT crapfest in your thread. Unbelieveable results, sir... keep at it.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
The banter Is much better then all the bull talk about racing

Well... I think we're making progress... some things take time.

See? That's the kind of common ground that we can work with. Let's build on that. I feel like Slick *****... sans intern fellation.

Dodger - sorry for the OT crapfest in your thread. Unbelieveable results, sir... keep at it.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:47 PM

Incredible ET and Trap, very very impressed. Nicely done Dodger!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel

me also. just give me a bit of credit for dialing in the car!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

The car is getting very dialed in! I owe (almost) all the recent gains to Craig @ rpm and his master tech in the shop without them I'd be spinning my tires still.
Did you get new rear wheels/tires? That's awesome.

What are you running now? What size?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I did? As part of my light weight adds. After I reach my goal I'm really thinking feb 18th will be the day. I will disclose all of the specs of everything I've done to my car. Is that fair? And that comment has nothing to do with that it was just a figure of speech as the only tires I've spun on the track were overinflated mickeys..

Super if I get "my goal". Would you be kind enough to do the write up for me as you are prob in my opinion one of the best writers on here?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:46 PM

coupe
I did? As part of my light weight adds. After I reach my goal I'm really thinking feb 18th will be the day. I will disclose all of the specs of everything I've done to my car. Is that fair? And that comment has nothing to do with that it was just a figure of speech as the only tires I've spun on the track were overinflated mickeys..

Super if I get "my goal". Would you be kind enough to do the write up for me as you are prob in my opinion one of the best writers on here?
I cant wait to hear the specs!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Mike, sooner or later you're gonna have to disclose your secret. I saw it at MIR, and I can no longer lie on your behalf. You should be ashamed of yourself for lying to all of these C63 owners.

There. I did it. The cat's out of the bag.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***** NEW C63 NA Record - 01/06/2011 *****