Sponsored by:

***** NEW C63 NA Record - 01/06/2011 *****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
@ propain. I never said you thought I used nos I'm not going to.. My seat was removed as it was last time at atco.. To be honest I think don't qoute me cause I honestly didn't look.. But I think the da at atco might have been better, I'm not certain? I did no hp type mods other then had my tune tweaked.. Did that get the care were It is, I'm sure it helped was it the 60 additional pounds I shed off the car I'm sure it helped? Not to be a jack--- but i do not want to draw a road map for others to follow as I'm sure everyone can understand!?!? But I am forth coming with the vendor type mods that I have.. If you want me to make a list of everything I have bought and put on the car that is not factory np. I'm sure I have earlier in the post.. Id not expect anyone to go through the same craziness I go through well other then the other pioneers dads, mthis, petro. I'm sure more but these guys I no personally.

The thing most of you need to remember is the guys leading the way make the footprints u will step in later. We test different things and everyone learns from them. Its almost like a public service.. How many of you guys step up and throw cams in the car I can think of one., how many guys step up and throw a supercharger in there car I can think of one,, but after these parts are tried and proven I'm sure some of the other guys will pick them up asap..

This is not to propain but to everyone: thank you for being skeptical, thanks cause it makes us feel real good that some of u call b/s cause if "you" say it could only be done with nos or other type mods then I no what was done was real good..
Old 01-07-2011, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Wait not true.
Originally Posted by propain
You and me both. The idea that Mike had his quickest ET's and trap and 60' on his best run is all wacky to me. (Not even sure if thats correct at this point)

I mean normally the better the 60' the lower the ET. That is simply because you will have less time to make the same mph you typically hit by getting down the track quicker.

I really wanna know how... Maybe less bog.... Sweet spot in the RPM range.

Also crazy how it gets faster... You figured you would start dumping big amounts of fuel the hotter it gets. The ECU must adapt nicely or enjoy running rich.

Lots to be studied on the C63 indeed.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by dodger63
@ propain. I never said you thought I used nos I'm not going to.. My seat was removed as it was last time at atco.. To be honest I think don't qoute me cause I honestly didn't look.. But I think the da at atco might have been better, I'm not certain? I did no hp type mods other then had my tune tweaked.. Did that get the care were It is, I'm sure it helped was it the 60 additional pounds I shed off the car I'm sure it helped? Not to be a jack--- but i do not want to draw a road map for others to follow as I'm sure everyone can understand!?!? But I am forth coming with the vendor type mods that I have.. If you want me to make a list of everything I have bought and put on the car that is not factory np. I'm sure I have earlier in the post.. Id not expect anyone to go through the same craziness I go through well other then the other pioneers dads, mthis, petro. I'm sure more but these guys I no personally.

The thing most of you need to remember is the guys leading the way make the footprints u will step in later. We test different things and everyone learns from them. Its almost like a public service.. How many of you guys step up and throw cams in the car I can think of one., how many guys step up and throw a supercharger in there car I can think of one,, but after these parts are tried and proven I'm sure some of the other guys will pick them up asap..

This is not to propain but to everyone: thank you for being skeptical, thanks cause it makes us feel real good that some of u call b/s cause if "you" say it could only be done with nos or other type mods then I no what was done was real good..
Preach on brother!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by RStevens63
Preach on brother!
Was it ok or to preechy idk I'm trying to sound smart!! Hahaha but as most no I'm a dumb --- club owner who has been obsessed with cars. But for some reason this c63 makes me crazy??? I've hade as vette, m3, mustang and other bs cars but c63 makes me caraaaazzzzy
Old 01-07-2011, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Was it ok or to preechy idk I'm trying to sound smart!! Hahaha but as most no I'm a dumb --- club owner who has been obsessed with cars. But for some reason this c63 makes me crazy??? I've hade as vette, m3, mustang and other bs cars but c63 makes me caraaaazzzzy
133 mike 133 is next goal?
Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
From my experience the better the 60' the better the ET usually, not the trap.
This relationship is accurate only to the degree that driver error is involved. When the driver is either unfamiliar with the car itself or launching in general you will see slips with higher traps on the passes that reflect traction loss and poor 60's. This creates a misperception that the higher traps are only realized with slower ET's.

With a skilled driver, et's will improve and trap speeds will increase as additional power is added through modifications or better air. Another variable affecting modern cars and making us all crazy is the impact of the ECU. Who knows how many minute adjustments are being made by the computer on any given pass. One bad sniff by a MAF or O2 sensor can change the entire scenario.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Hey Mike,
I thought I would chime in on the speculation stuff. First off due to the challenges we had with the nitrous system vs transmission it is there for car shows only. Bottles are empty and the intake will be changed when I get the Renntech so the nozzles will be gone.
Have been so bored lately that I had the bottles painted to match the car and the fuel cell black powder coated.

All that being said and with the heads and cams being done within the next few weeks I thought I would guess that I'll run ......... NOPE - not gonna jinx myself. I'll just be glad to run in the 10's!!

GREAT JOB Mike and thanks for setting the bar soooooooooo far down that I'm gonna have to have a miracle to catch you. Florida weather isn't quite the same as MIR in the winter!! No whinning, just gonna do my best to make your life tougher in the near future. Until then -
Old 01-07-2011, 04:27 PM

E63
Yeah man you can say pretty much whatever you want you just ran 10.8@131+ with bolt-ons in a C63 LMAO!!!

I think you're helping a lot of people see the lure of this platform, big engine, smaller car, lots of potential and we're just scraping the surface so far.

Freaking 130 trap for a NA sedan, I'm still shaking it off.

Great job. That is all.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:29 PM

E63
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Hey Mike,
I thought I would chime in on the speculation stuff. First off due to the challenges we had with the nitrous system vs transmission it is there for car shows only. Bottles are empty and the intake will be changed when I get the Renntech so the nozzles will be gone.
Have been so bored lately that I had the bottles painted to match the car and the fuel cell black powder coated.

All that being said and with the heads and cams being done within the next few weeks I thought I would guess that I'll run ......... NOPE - not gonna jinx myself. I'll just be glad to run in the 10's!!

GREAT JOB Mike and thanks for setting the bar soooooooooo far down that I'm gonna have to have a miracle to catch you. Florida weather isn't quite the same as MIR in the winter!! No whinning, just gonna do my best to make your life tougher in the near future. Until then -
Sick!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig

What? So you dont thank me for being skeptical?

I dont even know where to begin with this post bro.. enjoy your moment. Like I said, I really dont care that much. If you cant talk shop or dont want to its no skin off my back. I was simply asking how you got there. Like I said, logical considering the big gains. Beyond that I honestly dont give a crap. Im not looking for a leader or to step in some footprints you or anyone else leaves. Ive done the track thing. I guess this is something new for you so enjoy it. Im just talkin cars and if that insults people than I guess ill just keep my opinions to myself.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:30 PM

E63
This Just In!!!!

Fellow members we have gone 7 pages and this new record thread has not yet been locked, this makes for yet another new MBW Record!!!

Great work everyone!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Please do not forget to let me no so I can fly down and support my fellow team mate..... I wouldn't want to miss it for the world!!! I cannot wait!!! You are the man!! Stop painting your stuff it adds weigh!!!!!!!! Come on!!!!!

Originally Posted by Dads C63
Hey Mike,

Old 01-07-2011, 04:32 PM

E63

I dont even know where to begin with this post bro.. enjoy your moment. Like I said, I really dont care that much. If you cant talk shop or dont want to its no skin off my back. I was simply asking how you got there. Like I said, logical considering the big gains. Beyond that I honestly dont give a crap. Im not looking for a leader or to step in some footprints you or anyone else leaves. Ive done the track thing. I guess this is something new for you so enjoy it. Im just talkin cars and if that insults people than I guess ill just keep my opinions to myself.
I think if you read the last few pages you'll see that Mike's answered your question about any changes that were made? Looks like the car lost 60lbs and had a hotter tune since last time. I think we're all on the same page, or pages rather.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by RStevens63
I think if you read the last few pages you'll see that Mike's answered your question about any changes that were made? Looks like the car lost 60lbs and had a hotter tune since last time. I think we're all on the same page, or pages rather.
Yes, painfully as usual, I finally got my answer. It wouldnt be MBW otherwise.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Please do not forget to let me no so I can fly down and support my fellow team mate..... I wouldn't want to miss it for the world!!! I cannot wait!!! You are the man!! Stop painting your stuff it adds weigh!!!!!!!! Come on!!!!!
Mike,
Trust me, when I get to the track next time none of this will be on board.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
My friend I don't really understand why you always take things the wrong way?? It actually seems extremely childish my point that I'm making is I don't want to just hand a road map. I have no problem sharing info about parts and mods.

And honestly im only trying to impress myself and if others get impressed so be it.. I never once posted my tines in a thread that I recall? It's for me like me or not?

I would never portray myself as a leader of anytype.. Keith is. I'm just a guy on a mission..

If your going to continue down this road and say u don't care bow out of this thread it's annoying make your own to tell everyone u don't care about how fast your car is or could be???

Old 01-07-2011, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
My friend I don't really understand why you always take things the wrong way?? It actually seems extremely childish my point that I'm making is I don't want to just hand a road map. I have no problem sharing info about parts and mods.

And honestly im only trying to impress myself and if others get impressed so be it.. I never once posted my tines in a thread that I recall? It's for me like me or not?

I would never portray myself as a leader of anytype.. Keith is. I'm just a guy on a mission..

If your going to continue down this road and say u don't care bow out of this thread it's annoying make your own to tell everyone u don't care about how fast your car is or could be???
I don't know Mike. Maybe its the way you type. Maybe its the way I read what you type. Not the first time we had this problem.

The point was to find out what you changed to get there Mike. I don't care about your secrets. You dont have to spell it all out. A simple "Yes, I made some modifications" would have been fine. If you don't wanna do that its also fine. Thats where the "Everyone at the track lies" and "I don't care comes from".

At the beginning of this thread nothing was different on the car. 7 pages later you have a "Hotter Tune" and some weight shaved and I think a different intake if I read it correctly. Great! I got an answer. Why did it take 7 pages of BS and people who where with you getting defensive about your hood being up and come check out my mods to get that answer? Im not saying it was you dodging the questions but damn everyone who was with you sure did chime in and quickly get defensive.

I don't care because threads like this on MBW are always fail. You either bow and blindly say "Wow great time" or you ask questions and maybe be a little skeptical and get jumped all over. I think my skepticism was warranted and you proved I was right in the end anyhow. You did make modifications to the car since the last run. I got my answer. Congrats on the time!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I don't lie.. Do not call me one!! Please..

I don't know Mike. Maybe its the way you type. Maybe its the way I read what you type. Not the first time we had this problem.

The point was to find out what you changed to get there Mike. I don't care about your secrets. You dont have to spell it all out. A simple "Yes, I made some modifications" would have been fine. If you don't wanna do that its also fine. Thats where the "Everyone at the track lies" and "I don't care comes from".

At the beginning of this thread nothing was different on the car. 7 pages later you have a "Hotter Tune" and some weight shaved and I think a different intake if I read it correctly. Great! I got an answer. Why did it take 7 pages of BS and people who where with you getting defensive about your hood being up and come check out my mods to get that answer? Im not saying it was you dodging the questions but damn everyone who was with you sure did chime in and quickly get defensive.

I don't care because threads like this on MBW are always fail. You either bow and blindly say "Wow great time" or you ask questions and maybe be a little skeptical and get jumped all over. I think my skepticism was warranted and you proved I was right in the end anyhow. You did make modifications to the car since the last run. I got my answer. Congrats on the time!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by PetroC63
Headers, tune, carbonio boxes, MCD intake and some lightweight mods.

Very impressive for the minimal amount of bolt-ons.

Edit: I know Mike was trying to get his hands on a RENNtech air box, not sure if he ever did
but if trap speeds are any indication he may have.
who's tune???
Old 01-07-2011, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Some simple instruction here: I will be the bigger guy here as I was last time..

Go to page one of this post and then look for my posts!? You will see that my first real post that I put up on page 4 says my additions that I have made it's not 7 pages of b/s to get an answer it's your bad attitude that made you over lookk that post 3 pages ago do NOT make this personal I said what I did.. Go back read come back say you missed it and we will go on.. And do not call me a liar or shady again!

Old 01-07-2011, 05:15 PM

E63
I think C63newdude suggested it yest but has anyone posted this (for real) on the M3/ISF/Vette boards?

We don't have to rub it in or be arrogant, but I think the true gearheads there would appreciate the accomplishment.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport

He said multiple times that the only change he made was tweaking the ECU for the track (aka track tune) . This is of course besides the fact of running at a different track, different weather conditions, and maybe improved driving.

By the way, bassn_07's car always had the best trap speed on the best 60' time. It puzzled me for a while as well. I've seen this happen on a couple of different Mercedes. My only guess is that the ECU is reacting differently to each run... as opposed to the old days where the computer didn't control so many variables.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Some simple instruction here: I will be the bigger guy here as I was last time..

Go to page one of this post and then look for my posts!? You will see that my first real post that I put up on page 4 says my additions that I have made it's not 7 pages of b/s to get an answer it's your bad attitude that made you over lookk that post 3 pages ago do NOT make this personal I said what I did.. Go back read come back say you missed it and we will go on.. And do not call me a liar or shady again!
Mike.. please stop your BS. Talk about reading things wrong.

Im not calling you a liar or shady... stop with your bigger man BS and your exclamation points and "DONT CALL ME THAT AGAIN!" BS.

I asked from page whatever if there was anything different. I think Mthis said nothing but a diet...

Again.. I dont care. Have the last word.. be the bigger man.. I justed wanted to know if you did anything different to get the faster time. You did. Thats all I wanted to know... Let it go and stop taking things to a personal level where its no neccessary.

annnnnd done.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
He said multiple times that the only change he made was tweaking the ECU for the track (aka track tune) . This is of course besides the fact of running at a different track, different weather conditions, and maybe improved driving.

By the way, bassn_07's car always had the best trap speed on the best 60' time. It puzzled me for a while as well. I've seen this happen on a couple of different Mercedes. My only guess is that the ECU is reacting differently to each run... as opposed to the old days where the computer didn't control so many variables.
Really dude im not even clear at this point. Someone stated "hot tune" I think Mike stated "Weight reduction" also I think I read "New DR's" Also saw a post with a "So the intake worked" So I guess an intake.

If I gotta fight or deal with BS to get an answer its not worth the trouble. Way to much defensive BS in any of these threads.

Im out of this thread.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I will simplify this for everyone. I am pretty sure that anytime Mikes goes to the track you can expect that changes have been made to his car. I think if he went on a Tuesday and went back on a Wednesday you can expect that changes were made.

Also, just so that you understand, the types of changes that Mike is making are not really what many of you are expecting to hear about. He is just trying to make his current package work better. Like many of you that are using the dyno to try and make more horsepower from your engine, Mike is using the drag strip to figure out how to put more horsepower to the ground and make use of that wheel horsepower so it is not wasted.

Real world, rear wheel horsepower is what we are all after and Mike is just trying to put a combination together that does just that. He's turning horsepower into forward momentum, nothing more really.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***** NEW C63 NA Record - 01/06/2011 *****