C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

falsely accused of a hitting someone in the city today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63-S, 1987 190E 2.3-16, 1985 325E
falsely accused of a hitting someone in the city today.

hello everyone, I want to get everyone's insight on the WEIRDEST thing that happen to me today on my commute home after work, out the city... as i was stopped at a light, a taxi driver pulls up next to me (windows were down beautiful day in ny today) and insists i pull over to the side and exchange my information with him because i hit his back bumper!? the car came from BEHIND me... next to me... to tell me this, wtf!? and i clearly had not done such a thing and further more told him i don't know what you are talking about i am not getting out of my car (i did not know who this was.. could have been someone that would cause my harm) he stated if i don't he has my license plate # written and down and he will proceed with filing a claim.. i told him do w.e. you want i did not cause damage to your car.. he showed me a paper with my plate and said you won't get away with this.. light turned green and he turned (didn't get to get his license plate, i was going straight) what if his claim does go through and i get falsely accused? i mean what course of action must i take given that this was by FAR the weirdest thing that's every happen to me in almost 4 years of driving in nyc almost everyday.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:21 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I'd call your local PD or Highway Patrol and report the incident simply to advise them you have no clue what this guy was talking about in case something does come about at some point. I'd also take detailed pictures of your car with today's date stamp denoting no damage.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
a friend of mine had a similar situation. if he presses charges make the prosecutor take a paint sample of the damage and they will see if the sample matches the paint on your car. if he doesnt have that kind of proof, than he will not have a case.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by unixadm
I'd call your local PD or Highway Patrol and report the incident simply to advise them you have no clue what this guy was talking about in case something does come about at some point. I'd also take detailed pictures of your car with today's date stamp denoting no damage.
I would go a step further. I'd go to the PD and report the incident & let them look at your car.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:37 AM

thanks for taking the time to read my little rant, much appreciated!

as for this whole scenario... it was in nyc and i live in nj.. i don't think it would do much to go to my PD in my town to claim something that happen midtown manhattan.. mabe i hold on it.. and if something comes in the mail i can have my insurance take care of it (not to cover him, but to go through checking my car for it's condition, and getting rid of his acquisitions, if he makes any)

i GUESS time shall tell.. thanks again for helping thus far.. any more insight is welcomed
Old 04-10-2011, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by skokkosis
thanks for taking the time to read my little rant, much appreciated!

as for this whole scenario... it was in nyc and i live in nj.. i don't think it would do much to go to my PD in my town to claim something that happen midtown manhattan.. mabe i hold on it.. and if something comes in the mail i can have my insurance take care of it (not to cover him, but to go through checking my car for it's condition, and getting rid of his acquisitions, if he makes any)

i GUESS time shall tell.. thanks again for helping thus far.. any more insight is welcomed
You could also call 311 and report it from there Dont know how 311 works with NJ phones but once u get to NY I would call for sure.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by MiamiAMG
I would go a step further. I'd go to the PD and report the incident & let them look at your car.
Yeah, I would do the same, report as soon as possible because it sounds like some type of scam.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
Yeah, I would do the same, report as soon as possible because it sounds like some type of scam.
+1. You should report it to Fort Lee PD. NY is a "no-fault" state. It's so easy to pick a nice car on the street and calim that you got hit. Did you have any previous damage?
Old 04-10-2011, 10:41 PM

thanks again everyone, i called a very close family friend of ours who is in midtown's present shortly after the event, he told me he will take note of it and make me a claim just in case anything happens, he told me not to worry and that if something spurs up it will be taken care of due to the fact i made my claim, and linen i DO have a "license plate" hit if that's good enough to explain it, somewhat like 10 little repetitive horizontal lines close to the nose of the bumper, i think either valet hit it one night, or someone when i was parked, but this was about a month ago i touched it up and waxed it up too, barely noticeable, but it is there, hopefully this doesn't lead to some psycho's insanity, but we shall see. time is of the essence :p thanks again everyone!