C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New rear bumper with integrated diffuser and 2012 design.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
New rear bumper with integrated diffuser and 2012 design.

About a year ago I generated a newly designed rear bumper that has an aggressive rear diffuser integrated into the design. Similar to the trunk thats available. It also has a raised area in the center that ressembles the 2012 design. I put the idea on the shelf a while back because of the up front tooling cost. Now that I see the design of the 2012 and that some people like it I might consider moving forward with the idea. My original thought process was to design it for racing (surprise, surprise, surprise ).

The rear diffuser is more aggressive and since it is part of the bumper it won't come off or shake loose or not fit right. It will also contour back under the car and attach either behind the trunk floor or even with it so it doesn't catch air like a parachute. It also has optional vents in the bumper and diffuser itself like the Revozport F1 front bumper brake ducts. You can order it open with screen, closed with carbon fiber or just closed ready to paint. The purpose behind the openings is air release. If any of you have tracked the car at high speeds you will notice the rear bumper will try to separate from the body due to air resistance.

My question is if this is even something you guys are remotely interested in? Revozport has the drawings and has agreed to build them but the up front costs are high. I am going to assume that the pricing will be similar to the F1 front bumper with the carbon inserts which is between $1500 and $2000 depending on the options. If I can do them for less I will but I'm trying to see what interest there is. Most of us are already spending half that or more on just the diffusers.

For obvious reasons I don't want to post the drawing redentions publicly because someone could easily copy them. If you are interested please send me a PM and I will share them with you off line through e-mail. if you have my personal e-mail already go ahead and shoot me a note.

If enough people are interested I'll do them.

Last edited by Dads Perf. LLC; 06-29-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
I wouldn't even share them offline.

I make bumpers in Taiwan. I make my own molds.

See the problem? I'm probably not the only one. I just have integrity. My advice is do it or don't. But don't risk showing the drawings. Additionally, I have family go to the factory and "unlock" the molds and relock them after use because the factories absolutely without fail make extra that they sell on the side. There are no exceptions to this.

Jim
Old 06-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jspAMG
I wouldn't even share them offline.

I make bumpers in Taiwan. I make my own molds.

See the problem? I'm probably not the only one. I just have integrity. My advice is do it or don't. But don't risk showing the drawings. Additionally, I have family go to the factory and "unlock" the molds and relock them after use because the factories absolutely without fail make extra that they sell on the side. There are no exceptions to this.

Jim
Jim,
I appreciate your honesty. Someone already copied my new trunk but my attorneys put a stop to that. There will always be the possibility of someone copying the design but I know a bunch of guys on here that have already bought a hood or trunk and I trust them. The tooling is soo expensive that alone will probably scare most copiers away. Good news is this is not the way I make a living so if someone copied it my world wouldn't get rocked. This is a hobby and thats what makes it fun. Anyway, thanks again for your input.

Last edited by Dads Perf. LLC; 06-29-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Who's going to make them?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
O nevermind I'm out of it, I'll be in as long as it's like 45 days away from deposit and you can get me the front bumper also but we can talk off the forum about that? And my dog ate the other check but it will be in the mail by end of week sorry about the delay
Old 06-29-2011, 07:14 PM

C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
Originally Posted by Dads Perf. LLC
Jim,
I appreciate your honesty. Someone already copied my new trunk but my attorneys put a stop to that. There will always be the possibility of someone copying the design but I know a bunch of guys on here that have already bought a hood or trunk and I trust them. The tooling is soo expensive that alone will probably scare most copiers away. Good news is this is not the way I make a living so if someone copied it my world wouldn't get rocked. This is a hobby and thats what makes it fun. Anyway, thanks again for your input.
The molds are expensive in a relative sense. They aren't in real dollars. There is a very self protective conspiracy that has its own motives for saying molds cost in the tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Along with a lot of things like that.

There's not much we can do about this unless we really do it ourselves. That's why I bought buildings and started making my own parts.

Americans are a self-deceiving people. Because we make inflated wages we find it difficult to believe the real cost of anything. If we all knew what things cost, we'd have to face the fact that the decline of the economy is our own fault and prepare for an inevitable reset.

But that is another thing altogether. Good luck with the bumper. Don't pay more than $15,000 for the mold. Really.

Jim
Old 06-29-2011, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
I'm interested...
Old 06-29-2011, 08:13 PM

'09 C63
About a year ago I generated a newly designed rear bumper that has an aggressive rear diffuser integrated into the design. Similar to the trunk thats available. It also has a raised area in the center that ressembles the 2012 design. I put the idea on the shelf a while back because of the up front tooling cost. Now that I see the design of the 2012 and that some people like it I might consider moving forward with the idea. My original thought process was to design it for racing (surprise, surprise, surprise ).

The rear diffuser is more aggressive and since it is part of the bumper it won't come off or shake loose or not fit right. It will also contour back under the car and attach either behind the trunk floor or even with it so it doesn't catch air like a parachute. It also has optional vents in the bumper and diffuser itself like the Revozport F1 front bumper brake ducts. You can order it open with screen, closed with carbon fiber or just closed ready to paint. The purpose behind the openings is air release. If any of you have tracked the car at high speeds you will notice the rear bumper will try to separate from the body due to air resistance.

My question is if this is even something you guys are remotely interested in? Revozport has the drawings and has agreed to build them but the up front costs are high. I am going to assume that the pricing will be similar to the F1 front bumper with the carbon inserts which is between $1500 and $2000 depending on the options. If I can do them for less I will but I'm trying to see what interest there is. Most of us are already spending half that or more on just the diffusers.

For obvious reasons I don't want to post the drawing redentions publicly because someone could easily copy them. If you are interested please send me a PM and I will share them with you off line through e-mail. if you have my personal e-mail already go ahead and shoot me a note.

PM sent!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Interested as well.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Keith email sent.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Even Money
I'm interested...
+1

Would really wanna see how this is gonna look like.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
My wallet is open.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:05 AM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
This was a concept I put together a year ago, although this would also require relocating the tailpipes. But with the new 2012 bumper with the raised section this concept might even work better. The diffuser/fins are a bit too aggressive, but I've always loved that DTM look.

I'm sure you already got something in mind though since you've sent drawings and all. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Old 07-02-2011, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
^^^
That thing is HARDCORE!!
True DTM AMG look.
Nice touch with the center lock wheels.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:56 AM

C63 AMG
love the see the results, great interest to get one for myself. why you dont go back to stonecarbon?

last, you from Singapore? it must be demsay hill in that pic
Old 07-05-2011, 12:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
c63
yeah, its in dempsey area, Singapore.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:52 AM

C63

Will it look similar to this? If so count me in, just shoot me a PM! Also can you do the diffuser in plastic or does it have to be CF?
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2011, 07:11 AM

C63 AMG
i think it will go more aggressive than that.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:51 AM

C63
bump for bumper~!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by jspAMG
The molds are expensive in a relative sense. They aren't in real dollars. There is a very self protective conspiracy that has its own motives for saying molds cost in the tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Along with a lot of things like that.

There's not much we can do about this unless we really do it ourselves. That's why I bought buildings and started making my own parts.

Americans are a self-deceiving people. Because we make inflated wages we find it difficult to believe the real cost of anything. If we all knew what things cost, we'd have to face the fact that the decline of the economy is our own fault and prepare for an inevitable reset.

But that is another thing altogether. Good luck with the bumper. Don't pay more than $15,000 for the mold. Really.

Jim
Interesting, and I also keep hearing that word reset.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:01 PM

C63
Bump! Surely there must be others with some more info that can pitch in now?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 AM

'09 C63
Any update on the bumper?

I have a crack on my rear bumper and was wondering if I should just wait for this, or try and retrofit the 2012 just like DOME did.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:44 AM

C63
sadly i dont think this will be going ahead for a while....