C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACG Build: C63 Weistec Stage 2

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.90 average.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
Originally Posted by propain
Well I would think you knew when you signed up for this build that it was an R&D project. You said it about 2 to 3 weeks ago. "Just throw parts are it and see what sticks". That guy didnt come across as a man with a time table. It sounded like a guy with money to burn who wanted to give a company like Weistec a chance to R&D and build a sick race car.

Are you OCD? Do you happen to be between meds? Its a joke but I honestly have seen a complete change in your personality. First it was lets just throw money at it. Then it was I am not going to post or do updates about it because im far to busy. Now its I have time tables and I want my car completed yesterday. Quite an alarming change in personalities over a very short period of time. Unless im confusing you with someone else?
I might be OCD. But nothing I've said is illogical. What started as a normal build using basically pocket money for my personal commuter morphed into a SEMA show car. Pleasure turned to business and business has schedules. SEMA will happen with or without the car and a $50K all out performance build has changed into a $150,000 show car. New role, new rules. Perhaps I wasn't clear in explaining this to everyone involved.

Jim
Old 08-05-2011, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
This is literally the best thread I've seen on MBW. Not just because of the intriguing technical build, unique approach to managing relationships, and the competitive nature of a few members here, but the psychological aspect we have gotten into (the "up until 5AM" trap for example was an interesting play) is literally fascinating. Hoping an overzealous mod doesnt lock this given the twists and turns.

Really interested in seeing how this all plays out, methinks if it's at all possible, that car will be as close to meeting your expectations as it can get by COB today.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by jspAMG
I might be OCD. But nothing I've said is illogical. What started as a normal build using basically pocket money for my personal commuter morphed into a SEMA show car. Pleasure turned to business and business has schedules. SEMA will happen with or without the car and a $50K all out performance build has changed into a $150,000 show car. New role, new rules. Perhaps I wasn't clear in explaining this to everyone involved.

Jim
Not that you were obligated to, but I have not seen the transistion where this project changed from R&D to business. If Weistec and ACG were aware of the time line and the expectations then I understand your frustrations.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:31 AM

c63 amg

I'm a weird guy. I admit it.
for somebody who so readily and repeatedly admits how "weird" he is, i find it strange to see how much criticism you fire at the "normal" people.

youre not dumb, but your posts paint the picture of a monstrous narcissist. i find it silly that this thread started with a description of you as a person who "wished to remain anonymous".

please just give details on the build or the part out. your thread gets boring when you start riffing about yourself and how small all the rest of us are.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pacific NW Guy
From a completely uninvolved, no skin in this game, bipartisan perspective you sound like a complete idiot and a lunatic. I thought JCart came off like a c-ck in the past but at least he is consistent. You are all over the board and if you are what you have said you are from the get go this whole build would not create such havoc in your life.

Bottom line is that this is a insignificant car to you and you run all these businesses and you are really rich yet you are spending all this time trashing these guys and arguing and now destroyng the car, weird......

As for ACG I feel bad for them, sorry you guys got in bed with such a loon. That is the down side to the web. Yeah you can get the word out on your business but you are also subject to uncontrolled internet personas going wacko at any time.
I am trashing no one. Where am I trashing ACG or Weistec for anything except one small detail. We are sitting at week 6 in about the same place we were sitting at week 2. And I have spared everyone the behind the scenes dialogue that convinced me we would be sitting here another 2 weeks from now.

I posted not to trash the companies but to move them off the dime. Trust me, I talked to both sides in this and they were still saying the other guys were at fault. Now they are working together. What I wanted has happened.

Now the rest of you have reacted to me because you expect the usual from posters *****ing at companies about how they were screwed. I'm not one of those people. I still think highly of everyone involved except for jrcart and pert plus.

jrcart thinks he's done nothing to hurt Weistec. Weistec probably was looking forward to this car being exhibited at SEMA and CES and being in European Car. That would have helped them. That probably can't happen now.

pertplus is a bully. I don't backup often. It annoys him I didn't worship his car or him. Ok. I didn't ask for you to do it either. I complimented his car online. I think it is just right, not too far. He's done an excellent job. He hasn't done much for ACG though. To avoid running into him there I don't really see the ability to finish the car at ACG. That is going to cost them money.

While I may be weird, I have methods to my madness. Now its unlikely that the car will go to SEMA. I'll have to back out a lot of the project cost to get it back down into my budget for a daily driver or figure out another way to recoup the expense through tax offsets. That's very difficult to do as it was a marginal proposition in the first place. If I still write it off and then donate the car I can probably cover the residual. So for me, I've lost quite a bit of time and there's no financial payoff at the end. And still I'm not ticked at Weistec or ACG in the least.

Jim
Old 08-05-2011, 10:32 AM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Well I would think you knew when you signed up for this build that it was an R&D project. You said it about 2 to 3 weeks ago. "Just throw parts are it and see what sticks". That guy didnt come across as a man with a time table. It sounded like a guy with money to burn who wanted to give a company like Weistec a chance to R&D and build a sick race car.

Are you OCD? Do you happen to be between meds? Its a joke but I honestly have seen a complete change in your personality. First it was lets just throw money at it. Then it was I am not going to post or do updates about it because im far to busy. Now its I have time tables and I want my car completed yesterday. Quite an alarming change in personalities over a very short period of time. Unless im confusing you with someone else?

+1
Old 08-05-2011, 10:33 AM

Not that you were obligated to, but I have not seen the transistion where this project changed from R&D to business. If Weistec and ACG were aware of the time line and the expectations then I understand your frustrations.
Peter suggested the SEMA angle. I saw it for an opportunity to help my wife's business. So, ACG has been aware of the schedule the whole time as they suggested it.

Jim
Old 08-05-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by palerider
for somebody who so readily and repeatedly admits how "weird" he is, i find it strange to see how much criticism you fire at the "normal" people.

youre not dumb, but your posts paint the picture of a monstrous narcissist. i find it silly that this thread started with a description of you as a person who "wished to remain anonymous".

please just give details on the build or the part out. your thread gets boring when you start riffing about yourself and how small all the rest of us are.
I don't criticize the normal people. I criticize the ones just like me. We all manifest stuff in different ways.

There is a ton of stuff you have no idea about. Its just laundry that makes no difference yet explains everything.

Ok, the thread is repaired now. Now its not about these companies, its focused on me. Job done, time to go.

Toodles.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Jim, you are an icon. I don't know you or hate you. I think you are in the right on many levels but again, I don't know all the details. I wish you the best and I am from San Diego so I would like to meet you sometime. You do remind me of this guy:

I would give $100 just to see a picture of you...

I hope everything works out.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Stay thirsty my friend!

I think the bottom line is that this thread is a month long and 11 pages deep....fix the car and getting it running the numbers and the discussion is over

Not alot to ask....but the approach is a little tiger bloodish...and we all know where that left #winning in the end

Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Jim, you are an icon. I don't know you or hate you. I think you are in the right on many levels but again, I don't know all the details. I wish you the best and I am from San Diego so I would like to meet you sometime. You do remind me of this guy:

I would give $100 just to see a picture of you...

I hope everything works out.

Last edited by callmiro; 08-05-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
propain...i am never wrong, just sometimes i am given the incorrect information to make decisions!

This thread is a nice way to have a Friday laugh. So JIM (not JR) in all your experiences with buying business have you ever had a deal that took say an extra couple of weeks to close?

Grasshopper just remember...patience is a virtue.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
I enjoyed this thread and will be enjoying it if it keeps on going. *insert popcorn gif*
Old 08-05-2011, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
I am trashing no one. Where am I trashing ACG or Weistec for anything except one small detail. We are sitting at week 6 in about the same place we were sitting at week 2. And I have spared everyone the behind the scenes dialogue that convinced me we would be sitting here another 2 weeks from now.

I posted not to trash the companies but to move them off the dime. Trust me, I talked to both sides in this and they were still saying the other guys were at fault. Now they are working together. What I wanted has happened.

Now the rest of you have reacted to me because you expect the usual from posters *****ing at companies about how they were screwed. I'm not one of those people. I still think highly of everyone involved except for jrcart and pert plus.

jrcart thinks he's done nothing to hurt Weistec. Weistec probably was looking forward to this car being exhibited at SEMA and CES and being in European Car. That would have helped them. That probably can't happen now.

pertplus is a bully. I don't backup often. It annoys him I didn't worship his car or him. Ok. I didn't ask for you to do it either. I complimented his car online. I think it is just right, not too far. He's done an excellent job. He hasn't done much for ACG though. To avoid running into him there I don't really see the ability to finish the car at ACG. That is going to cost them money.

While I may be weird, I have methods to my madness. Now its unlikely that the car will go to SEMA. I'll have to back out a lot of the project cost to get it back down into my budget for a daily driver or figure out another way to recoup the expense through tax offsets. That's very difficult to do as it was a marginal proposition in the first place. If I still write it off and then donate the car I can probably cover the residual. So for me, I've lost quite a bit of time and there's no financial payoff at the end. And still I'm not ticked at Weistec or ACG in the least.

Jim
No in fact, it wouldnt make sense for you to worship my car. I just remember the first time we met and you made several snarky comments. But that's fine.

Here's the bottom line, ACG has busted their *** on this project. Despite the litany of questionable posts, I do tip my hat to someone who has the wherewithal and the knowledge to make cars like these into true beasts. I am one of those people who only has enough money for one c63.

As for me being a bully? Um...well, let's get the facts straight. I was up until 140 am with ACG the night before getting my car ready, so when I was at SoCal Euro and some random guys started touching my car (people I obviously didnt know) it bothered me and yes I yelled at them from a far to stop touching my car and said had they asked me first, I probably would have let them. You just dont go up to a random person's car and start touching it. And these weren't little kids, they were guys with beards...granted Im 32 and still can't grow a beard, but that is besides the point. Did I overreact, probably. Am I sorry I did...a tad.

How about Jim when I came up to you and said nicely "So when are you going to start doing some performance mods..." - patting you on the back. What was your response..I could see the hairs on your neck standup...you and your friend start laughing like I just walked out of a time capsule and asked if Dwight Eisenhower was still president. Yes, I know very well how much has been put into this car and again, I give you and ACG kudos for undertaking such a project.

Here is where you and I differ. If I have an issue on the way something is being done to my car, I wait until the project is finished -- either completed or no longer being worked on --before I even think about going on a forum and discussing my thoughts on where I think it went wrong. But in my eyes, what you did was basically go to a public place and tell everyone you didn't like the progress, and thereby putting ACG's reputation in a precarious position, when at the end of the day, you could end up being extremely happy with the finished product.

Again, it is your money, and you are a grown man and can do what you want, but for all of my temper (which I admit to), I have never blasted a shop online that was working on one of my cars. I always keep that internal and give them every opportunity to fix the issue....and if I am not satisfied, I tell my friends who might be considering modding their car somewhere and more times than not I don't post about it because usually that is a sign I wasn't happy (considering I usually make a post when the project is first undertaken, so anyone that was following its progress would get a sense it didnt turn out the way I wanted to).

If you end up ending your business relationship with ACG because of me...that's sad on a lot of fronts. James, Peter, Assan and Steve have poured themselves into your car (not to mention mine as well) and it pains me to see a savvy business owner do this to small business who thrives off of word of mouth (via the internet or otherwise). Anytime I have ever had an issue with something, I always take it to James first and he has made sure its taken care of. By posting your unhappiness with the project in medias res (thank you Fr. MacDonald for 2 years of high school Latin), you haven't really given ACG a fair shake to stand by their work and say "here is the finished product" At least give them that. And while they are busting their humps trying to deliver you a beast of a car, you are on here saying "pertplus has cost them money now" and "I won't lease them a mustang dyno"...Jim, is that really fair? I ask you? And while life isnt fair, in the words of the famous Joseph Welsh, "Have you no decency sir. At long last, have you no sense of decency."

Finally, Jim, I respect that what you have done to the car. It looks great and I am sure will be something to be proud of once it hits the streets/track. But they way you have gone all about this (as one impatient person to another) has been questionable to say the least.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by ecampbell
propain...i am never wrong, just sometimes i am given the incorrect information to make decisions!

This thread is a nice way to have a Friday laugh. So JIM (not JR) in all your experiences with buying business have you ever had a deal that took say an extra couple of weeks to close?

God bless the internet for my daily entertainment.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jrcart
How you been? The car is running great! See video below.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=Hrg6u4N5xU4
That link didn't work. I knew this thread would become entertaining once you are here.

When are you passing through Vegas next?
Old 08-05-2011, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Sincity
That link didn't work. I knew this thread would become entertaining once you are here.

Its a beast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrg6u4N5xU4
Old 08-05-2011, 12:46 PM

2016 G550
I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading all the posts from the last 24 hours in this thread.
Like slowing down to see a bad wreck on the freeway, you cant NOT stop and look.

But watching this monster run the 1/4 mile made me feel much less empty inside.
So sick!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by ecampbell

Don't you mean Glasshoppa?
Old 08-05-2011, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Sincity

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13125629157345

Try that one...sorry
Old 08-05-2011, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
I always imagined Pertplus to be the way described above based on his posts...the internet can be so real
Old 08-05-2011, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
For sure if I was still in SD I'd sit at the shop with some popcorn.
To be honest, I only have good things to say about James & Peter. When I was there it was perfect.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
_AMG_,

I don't do that kind of thing. I got it out of my system a long time ago. I haven't even figured out what the future of the car is going to be. Its in pieces with significant parts not installed because they are late from suppliers or not installed yet. I have to at a minimum figure out what is paid for and what is not, gather up the parts on hand and as they come in. Then I have to find another shop to transfer the build too.

While he apparently deleted his post I and all of you got a notification of pertplus' comments. Since he spends a significant amount of time at ACG and there are hundreds of hours left to finish the car it is inevitable that we would run into each other and he and I have very similar tempers. Nothing good would happen. So, ACG, through no particular fault of their own will lose the remaining $$ associated with the build up. I also will probably not be leasing them a Mustang AWD dyno which was in the works. Again, nothing against them at all. But business is business and I'm not the type to check parking lots to see who's there before I pull in. This carries over to Weistec who I respect quite a bit. But frankly, the level of discourse, not to mention lack of reading skill of their number one customer, has put me off. And I'm just a grain of sand on the beach, I wouldn't want to put Weistec into the position of trying to patch things up between us. Its much better if I just take the car, get it into some condition to dispose of and move on.

Actions have consequences. None of them are bad for me in any way. And isn't that helpful?

Jim
If your not going to do any 60-130 runs I at least expect your going to track the car?
Would be a shame to spend all this money and not test the waters to see what the car is capable of. But then again its your car and you can enjoy it however you like.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Some items I won't go for. pert plus likes his new bumper for instance. I can't park. Nobody will convince me to buy an FRP bumper. I don't tolerate it. Others do, that's fine. I make no other judgements. I don't consider it ugly, I just told Peter, no way I'll go for that bumper, its FRP and that's just wrong.
If this is your car, you better tell them to remove the CF Carlsson rep part because CF and FRP is essentially made the same; they all crack on impact.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghostchild/6009318418/

Last edited by Sincity; 08-05-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jae Duk
For sure if I was still in SD I'd sit at the shop with some popcorn.
To be honest, I only have good things to say about James & Peter. When I was there it was perfect.
Same here with James and Peter.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Self made man, I cant respect that. Wouldnt be the first time Earl was wrong.

I think what gives people the idea of you having daddy's money or it being given to you is that you act like it. Every post has some sort of brag in it about how money is no object and whatever it takes and how you own many things ect ect. If you dont intend it as a brag then you should check how you type because its coming across that way.

If all those things are true and what you stated you owned above is as well I really dont see what a tiny little insignificant project like this would have any effect on your life. The only way I would get to the point that you are at is if I felt I was being taken for a ride and ripped off. You have said both companies are top notch and doing the right thing so just let these guys do what they have to do and get you your car back. It shouldnt matter in the least to a guy like you.
I agree 100% with Propain.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.90 average.

Quick Reply: ACG Build: C63 Weistec Stage 2