Fluid MotorUnion complete failure!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by tyson911
You are absolutely right. But they know about my situation. I was very reluctant to post this because i did not want them to pull on me the, either shut up and come to us or we tell the dealer.. Believe me, they will do nasty things like that.

I am sorry but there is NO way i am bringing my car to them. (copied parts from other vendors, bad generic tunes that they call custom, 0 reliability and on top worst customer service? I don't need this in my life)

You will all know my full details very soon when the letter from court arrives to their shop. The funny part is that if they really do not know who I am by now, makes me wonder if they lost count of their unhappy clients!..
first off, I am not on anyones side of this. I have never bought anything from Fluid but I know a couple of them because we were neighbors at one point. My only advise to you is PLEASE post up a little more info so that all of us forum members can try to form our own opinions of this cituation. It will give your side of the story much more credibility, to be honest before you came back and posted a second time I was starting to think your claim was bogus. You obviosly wanted to air your frustrastions because you started a thread so why not make it as credible and factual as possible?

I am a firm believer that as consumers/customers we have a responsibility to post or experiences both good and bad with vendors. People work hard for their money and AMG and their aftermarket parts are not cheap so many of us come here for advise on products or vendors so if you(anyone) has info on a bad experience with a product or vendor post about it to let the world know. The same goes for people with good stories about products or vendors, you can't get upset with people posting on this thread that had good experiences with Fluid just like thay can't get angrt with you for your comments.

If you could answer the following questions I think it would help us out as well as give your claims some solid cred.

What 63 model

What year

Mileage

Miles put on car between reciving tune and motor popping

How was the car beeping driven when it poppes, wide open throttle, city driving, idling, ect.

Was it a custom tune or an off the self generic 63 tune

What other mods are you running.

Thanks and good luck
Old 10-04-2011, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Wow second thread in a week talking about almost this same issue....almost starts out the same vague way from the OP.....Makes me wonder if a specific tuning company is behind this..... Nice way to start discrediting your competition. Especially when you have no voice on these forums.....

Last edited by melmanc55; 10-04-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
OP needs to state the specs, what was done to his car, and what mods he had. Go from there.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by melmanc55
Wow second thread in a week talking about almost this same issue....almost starts out the same vague way from the OP.....Make me wonder if a specific tuning company is behind this..... Nice way to start discrediting your competition. Especially when you have no voice on these forums.....
I'm glad you said it...I was begining to think it myself.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 AM

AMG63
What 63 model - can't for now ( soon i will with pictures )

What year - 09

Mileage 80K

Miles put on car between reciving tune and motor popping - about 150

How was the car beeping driven when it poppes, wide open throttle, city driving, idling, ect. - open throttle, clicking noises, then pop

Was it a custom tune or an off the self generic 63 tune - paid for custom

What other mods are you running. - LTs, evosport pulley,

Thanks and good luck
Old 10-04-2011, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tyson911
What 63 model - can't for now ( soon i will with pictures )

What year - 09

Mileage 80K

Miles put on car between reciving tune and motor popping - about 150

How was the car beeping driven when it poppes, wide open throttle, city driving, idling, ect. - open throttle, clicking noises, then pop

Was it a custom tune or an off the self generic 63 tune - paid for custom

What other mods are you running. - LTs, evosport pulley,

Thanks and good luck
Good info, thanks.

I have not really bought into the M156 Lawsuit that has been filed which claims that AMG is using cams that are too soft compared to the stainless lifters but seeing that you have 80k miles on your car I would be interested to know if that might be the case here. Have you had your cams out lately? Notice any wear on them?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:06 AM

C63 AMG
I'm glad you said it...I was begining to think it myself.

I know right? Look at the first three posts of the OP. He's not saying s!@# really...just ranting about how someone did him wrong.....oh yeah then he says he is going to sue....reminds me of another OP on a different thread I say 3 more pages to lock down

Last edited by melmanc55; 10-04-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm in the process of calling all our customers with the 6.2L M156 motor that has received any work done by us (ECU-related or not) to get a handle on the situation and see if there's an issue that needs resolving.

As of this moment, everybody I've talked to is more than content with the way their car is performing. Nobody's had any problems with the way their motor has been functioning. Not to mention the fact that we don't have any '09 C63 owners with 80k already on their odometer; I just checked our TABS software and there are no matches between that year and that mileage count, nowhere near.

Whether it's a true accusation or not, I'm treating this with a full degree of seriousness, and am trying to get everything figured out/resolved as quickly and as best as I can.

What concerns me is that if this isn't serious and turns out to be baseless, it's received so many pageviews that it's going to have negative ramifications for us in terms of SEO and all that jazz. It also matches a string of first-time-poster posts in other various forums (E46Fanatics, Lambotalk, VWVortex, among others) from the past few months, and each time the first-time-poster has a car featured heavily on that forum and mentions more or less the same thing. In the Lambotalk situation, he postulated that we had rented the Lamborghini and faked the exhaust sound, when the owner himself was in the thread.

But that's neither here nor there, and I'm not here to contribute to heresay or conjecture. I'm here to get to the bottom of this and resolve this issue. We're not in this business to make enemies or copy the designs of others; we started this company to do something different, and you don't do "different" by doing more of the same. We're still small, and we've always taken a great deal of pride in the work we do, and we stand behind our products 110%; it isn't a good business practice to turn a deaf ear to anybody. It's not worth it to escalate a situation like this over a motor; we'd rather sell a chunk of the business and buy a new motor or a new car if it meant resolution.

If a previous client has an issue, we're more than willing to sit down and discuss things like adults through a medium that's conducive to a proper conversation of this degree. This one is just a bit of a head-scratcher.

Feel free to send an e-mail to anybody in our company regarding the work we do, and it'll end up on the desk of either Mike or myself.

-Andrew

Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 10-04-2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: typed the wrong year in the second paragraph.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by melmanc55
Wow second thread in a week talking about almost this same issue....almost starts out the same vague way from the OP.....Makes me wonder if a specific tuning company is behind this..... Nice way to start discrediting your competition. Especially when you have no voice on these forums.....
So according to your theory, Sarge and Tyson are fictitious characters created by an evil tuner to discredit the competition?

I can't help but think of Russell Crow in "A Beautiful Mind".
Old 10-04-2011, 09:58 AM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by jrcart
Yep, that's why I run a wideband gauge on my car. I really want to know more about the OPs car, mods, mileage, how was he driving the car when it popped, etc.
Arent these cars made to be driven hard?? And by hard I dont mean WOT from time to time, but constantly opening the throttle fully. I mean wheres the fun if I can only run the car hard for a second or two....I want to beat it as hard as I can once everything is warmed up. Sure I expect to change rotors and things like that sooner, but I never except engine to disappoint me. If it does it will be my last 63 amg.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by hhughes1
So according to your theory, Sarge and Tyson are fictitious characters created by an evil tuner to discredit the competition?

I can't help but think of Russell Crow in "A Beautiful Mind".
I am going to say I believe this guy. I mean tuners all like this usally... They will try to hide and evade the problems as hard as they can. And this is one example of how would it be done: We have never had a costumer complain...Well anyways I am out of this thread and I might be wrong but I believe to the OP. I dont think he is out of nowhere trying to bash the company
Old 10-04-2011, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by Djovovic63
Arent these cars made to be driven hard?? And by hard I dont mean WOT from time to time, but constantly opening the throttle fully. I mean wheres the fun if I can only run the car hard for a second or two....I want to beat it as hard as I can once everything is warmed up. Sure I expect to change rotors and things like that sooner, but I never except engine to disappoint me. If it does it will be my last 63 amg.

These cars are designed to be driven hard from the factory in stock form. The issue isn't with whether or not Mercedes designed the car to be driven hard the way they sold it. JRcart is referencing to when the car is tuned to the limit and it can't adapt to a non-ideal environment.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by I am Jeff
These cars are designed to be driven hard from the factory in stock form. The issue isn't with whether or not Mercedes designed the car to be driven hard the way they sold it. JRcart is referencing to when the car is tuned to the limit and it can't adapt to a non-ideal environment.
Yes of course, my car is all stock so thats where I come from ...but then again only ecu tuned C63s are still kind of stock engines in my opinion. And I don't think the car is tuned to its limit with a tune and headers only, I would still say C63 with headers and a tune is closer to stock form then being tuned to its limit.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FluidMotorUnion
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm in the process of calling all our customers with the 6.2L M156 motor that has received any work done by us (ECU-related or not) to get a handle on the situation and see if there's an issue that needs resolving.

As of this moment, everybody I've talked to is more than content with the way their car is performing. Nobody's had any problems with the way their motor has been functioning. Not to mention the fact that we don't have any '09 C63 owners with 80k already on their odometer; I just checked our TABS software and there are no matches between that year and that mileage count, nowhere near.

Whether it's a true accusation or not, I'm treating this with a full degree of seriousness, and am trying to get everything figured out/resolved as quickly and as best as I can.

What concerns me is that if this isn't serious and turns out to be baseless, it's received so many pageviews that it's going to have negative ramifications for us in terms of SEO and all that jazz. It also matches a string of first-time-poster posts in other various forums (E46Fanatics, Lambotalk, VWVortex, among others) from the past few months, and each time the first-time-poster has a car featured heavily on that forum and mentions more or less the same thing. In the Lambotalk situation, he postulated that we had rented the Lamborghini and faked the exhaust sound, when the owner himself was in the thread.

But that's neither here nor there, and I'm not here to contribute to heresay or conjecture. I'm here to get to the bottom of this and resolve this issue. We're not in this business to make enemies or copy the designs of others; we started this company to do something different, and you don't do "different" by doing more of the same. We're still small, and we've always taken a great deal of pride in the work we do, and we stand behind our products 110%; it isn't a good business practice to turn a deaf ear to anybody. It's not worth it to escalate a situation like this over a motor; we'd rather sell a chunk of the business and buy a new motor or a new car if it meant resolution.

If a previous client has an issue, we're more than willing to sit down and discuss things like adults through a medium that's conducive to a proper conversation of this degree. This one is just a bit of a head-scratcher.

Feel free to send an e-mail to anybody in our company regarding the work we do, and it'll end up on the desk of either Mike or myself.

-Andrew
Time to hire your own attorney then...that's what I would do if someone was posting libelous comments or saying slanderous things about my company.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My point is not that he should not be driving the car hard, I beat the snot out of my car, 80% of the time I am at WOT when roads allow for it or on the track. AF's change 2 or 3 points between partial idle, partial throttle and WOT, the fact that the OP is claimng it popped in light city driving tell me it might not be related to an aggressive or bad tune (but I am far from an expert). The fact that the OP has 80k miles has got me wondering about the M156 Cams lawsuit as well, I have not bought into the fact that there is a problem with these motors/cams, however given the situation and mileage I am really curious what this guys cams look like.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am going to say I believe this guy. I mean tuners all like this usally... They will try to hide and evade the problems as hard as they can. And this is one example of how would it be done: We have never had a costumer complain...Well anyways I am out of this thread and I might be wrong but I believe to the OP. I dont think he is out of nowhere trying to bash the company
This is an unfair and inaccurate statement, most tuners do not act like you are claiming, most of the tuners I have dealt with in my life stand behind their product and work. I have not had any issues with my BS however I have had M3's and a CTS-V in the past and seen both good and bad tuners, the majority I have dealt with are good.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
My point is not that he should not be driving the car hard, I beat the snot out of my car, 80% of the time I am at WOT when roads allow for it or on the track. AF's change 2 or 3 points between partial idle, partial throttle and WOT, the fact that the OP is claimng it popped in light city driving tell me it might not be related to an aggressive or bad tune (but I am far from an expert). The fact that the OP has 80k miles has got me wondering about the M156 Cams lawsuit as well, I have not bought into the fact that there is a problem with these motors/cams, however given the situation and mileage I am really curious what this guys cams look like.
+1 exactley what I had in mind.

It could be that the original poster thinks that his engine popped due to the tune, when in fact it could have popped eventually. I was at the dealer last weak and there was a ML63 with around 92K. IT had mechanical failures with the intake camshafts. I Talked to the owner of the car and he claimed that he neve had a tune on his engine.

That said, I also have a close friend who has a fully modded C63 (ECU, LT, Xpipe, Intake and filters, Ported heads) with 122K. The car till this day never had any mechanical failures. And he really beats the living **** out it.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Not to mention the fact that we don't have any '09 C63 owners with 80k already on their odometer; I just checked our TABS software and there are no matches between that year and that mileage count, nowhere near.
-Andrew
Andrew - just a note: we don't know that it was a C63, simply that it's a 2009 63 AMG. Could be E, S, SL, etc. Not sure if that helps in your search...
Old 10-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Andrew - just a note: we don't know that it was a C63, simply that it's a 2009 63 AMG. Could be E, S, SL, etc. Not sure if that helps in your search...
I appreciate the heads up on my model mention there. However, the only 63's we've tuned on US shores at this moment are C63s, no E/S/SL/ML. We've tuned 63 motors in other models in the Middle East and abroad, but none in the US.

And believe it or not, we don't really sell a whole ton of tunes. We use them mostly as a final stepping-off point for our custom fabrication builds, to 'tie it all together,' so to speak.

I've already reached out to everybody, and I'm waiting to hear back from a couple still, but as of right now, it seems like a bunk claim. But I'm not going to take this matter any less seriously.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:12 PM

Segway
If you're looking for SEO or reputation management hit me up.

Hey all,

-Andrew
Old 10-04-2011, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Seems like a bogus claim to me by the OP for various reasons, one being that he was hesitant to give out any details about his car. Another being, FMU claims that they're TAB software has no info of any 09' 80K mile C63 being worked on.
Why point the dirty end of the stick at FMU, when it could very well be another engine related problem?
I'm not saying that its not the tune that did it, but you have to look at other possibilities as well.
Why make a thread about a serious matter like this if your going to hide in the bushes and don't give us info?
Old 10-04-2011, 03:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 CLS63 S-AMG
I have been running a FMU tune for the past 4 months or so and have been running smoothly since. I was contacted by fluid today about this issue and it seems to me that this isnt a real issue. FMU stands behind their work 110% as they stated above.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
The OP is claiming the motor popped at "open throttle, clicking, then pop."
So, I don't think it was light city driving.

Whether this engine failure has anything to do with a tune, I don't think the alleged cam defects would cause a motor to fry pistons at 80,000 miles. But, that's just an opinion.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by jacob502
+1 exactley what I had in mind.

It could be that the original poster thinks that his engine popped due to the tune, when in fact it could have popped eventually. I was at the dealer last weak and there was a ML63 with around 92K. IT had mechanical failures with the intake camshafts. I Talked to the owner of the car and he claimed that he neve had a tune on his engine.

That said, I also have a close friend who has a fully modded C63 (ECU, LT, Xpipe, Intake and filters, Ported heads) with 122K. The car till this day never had any mechanical failures. And he really beats the living **** out it.
The part I bolded really sucks to hear.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
What models of 63-series cars have LT's available for them in the aftermarket?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fluid MotorUnion complete failure!