Wheels Stolen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by andrew c230k
Unfortunatly that dosent work in canada no one is armed here actually the law says if you catch a burgler in your house you are to leave and let them rob you... if you chase them down the street you'll be charged with more serious charges then robbery... not many canadians actually understand our laws... which protect the criminals rights more so the the victim
This is what would have happened in the US:

http://youtu.be/wDOStVsIb2k

Sorry for your loss man, that really sucks.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c63 sedan
Sorry about the incident... I got oem wheel locks also, but didn't seem to stop them... Anyone trying to steal things from my house deserves to be shot... Next time they may harm your unexpected family members/pets in the house.. There are already too many people in this world.. I would not lose 1 minute of sleep if all the people like these thieves disappeared from the world..
Old 10-26-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 E550 Cab & 2011 GL 550 & 09 VROD Muscle & 06 Seadoo Speedster LE .......
Shiiiiit.................dont worry us felow Ontarions....will keep a look out ......they gotta end up some were for sale........as soon as we see them we will let u know....

well put Karma is a Bi*%h...
Old 10-26-2011, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG, 2012 C300 4matic, 2008 E92 M3
Originally Posted by 4ramin
I don’t think anyone here is saying just go and shoot someone for stealing, they including myself are saying if I walk in on them and you feel you are in danger because they are coming at you, then I’m sorry I really don’t care how old they are. If they are going to hurt me I’m doing what I need to do to stop them till the cops arrive.

I Just wish that the people who are stealing these wheels could read this and think 2x. However we just released 6000 so called low risk prisoners in an economy that normal people can’t even get jobs, so sadly we’re going to see allot more of these things happen. We can all thank Obama for that one also....
+100

If I check my garage and somebody are in there and stealing something I will warn them to leave immediately. First I will warn them that I called 911 and I am armed. If that person(s) resist and instead will try to attack me, then I have no choice but to defend myself and my family. That is why we have the Castle Doctrine law in OH. I know for a fact that in Toronto that you are not even allowed to buy a BB gun that looks like a real gun.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AV6
Originally Posted by Choy
Interesting sale ...
that guy seems to have too many sets of nice wheels......
Old 10-26-2011, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
well, alot of rims anyways. That particular listing isn't for the C63 rims though, nor did the tires match the op's description.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:19 PM

AV6
i highly suspect that kijijji perso is a tire theif, but he probably dont post tires until heats gone down. also its good to take out 1 tire theif at a time.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:09 PM

None
+100

If I check my garage and somebody are in there and stealing something I will warn them to leave immediately. First I will warn them that I called 911 and I am armed. If that person(s) resist and instead will try to attack me, then I have no choice but to defend myself and my family. That is why we have the Castle Doctrine law in OH. I know for a fact that in Toronto that you are not even allowed to buy a BB gun that looks like a real gun.
I completely forgot about the "stand your ground" laws that a majority of states have enacted (the liberal ones haven't...sucks to be them). So yes, if your state has one of those laws then you're not required to leave the area and let them rob you (while waiting for the police).

However, as was mentioned on the last page you can only shoot them if they make a threatening move against you. So in theory if you say "I called 911 and have a gun", they could keep robbing you and you can't do anything about it as long as they don't do anything aggressive towards you.

Oh yeah and if you do shoot someone in self defense....be sure you kill them in self defense (none of this "shoot them in the leg" nonsense). It's cheaper to pay for a wrongful death lawsuit than a paraplegic lawsuit.

Last edited by dr/owned; 10-26-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:02 PM

2012 C300 4Matic Sport, AMG package
this sucks!
Old 10-26-2011, 03:08 PM

2012 C63 PP
Been through this ordeal. This really sucks man hope you catch those *******s and send them to jail.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
The worst part is the police consider these nuisance crimes and don't do much about them. When you alarm goes off, instead of seeing if you car has part stolen from it, they give you (the victim) a ticket.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG

Sorry to hear this, I wish you were looking out the window or walked up on them in the act so badly. Man I am super pissed at this. I am a true believer in carma!
Old 10-26-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by dr/owned
I completely forgot about the "stand your ground" laws that a majority of states have enacted (the liberal ones haven't...sucks to be them). So yes, if your state has one of those laws then you're not required to leave the area and let them rob you (while waiting for the police).

However, as was mentioned on the last page you can only shoot them if they make a threatening move against you. So in theory if you say "I called 911 and have a gun", they could keep robbing you and you can't do anything about it as long as they don't do anything aggressive towards you.

Oh yeah and if you do shoot someone in self defense....be sure you kill them in self defense (none of this "shoot them in the leg" nonsense). It's cheaper to pay for a wrongful death lawsuit than a paraplegic lawsuit.
From our CCW training, we don't aim for the leg. The Castle Doctrine gives more power and rights to the owner. That includes your car if you are inside your car. You are the victim if somebody trespass your domain. You don't need to prove that the intruder is attacking you. You have the right to shoot that person.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
Originally Posted by chawkins2001

Sorry to hear this, I wish you were looking out the window or walked up on them in the act so badly. Man I am super pissed at this. I am a true believer in carma!
wrong use of Mother of God picture. :o
Old 10-27-2011, 06:34 AM

W209 55
I'm on kijiji everyday, I'll keep a lookout....

Sorry to hear about this.. I'm throwing all my rims in the basement now lol
Old 10-27-2011, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
Yeah no doubt, I would do a Dexter on them.
lol. A garage is a good killroom
Old 10-27-2011, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
The worst part is the police consider these nuisance crimes and don't do much about them. When you alarm goes off, instead of seeing if you car has part stolen from it, they give you (the victim) a ticket.
The first time I saw that was in Boston in the late 70s. A random line of cars had their stereos stolen over a several block area. Alarms everywhere. I was in a building and the thieves were actively hitting cars around the corner from the peacekeepers who were slowly going from car to car. When I left I noticed there were tickets on all the legally parked cars with smashed windows and alarms still going off.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G350 Bluetec
Contradiction please

Originally Posted by andrew c230k
Unfortunatly that dosent work in canada no one is armed here actually the law says if you catch a burgler in your house you are to leave and let them rob you... if you chase them down the street you'll be charged with more serious charges then robbery... not many canadians actually understand our laws... which protect the criminals rights more so the the victim
There a plenty of bad guys in Canada illegally armed. My wife is from Toronto.

My buddy used to be a detective on the Toronto Pd and was shot by a felon with a pistol. The criminals didn't hand in their illegal weapons in the gun grab. If you can buy illegal drugs you can buy or rent banned pistols and so on. Armories get hit all the time but it hardly ever makes the papers.
That being said I think the US should follow the UK model of arming police only in emergency situations. Only private citizens should be allowed to carry concealed weapons regularly. Why does the US Dept of Education need its own armed police force?
Old 10-27-2011, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G350 Bluetec
Inland Revenue

Originally Posted by DanVel
Yup wheels had factory locks and car was locked. I still have no idea how they pulled it off. Apparently the the AMG down the street was parked in the garage and they still got to it. The garage had cameras also but they were unable to see their faces.
My friend worked for MB and had a factory demonstrator with NJ manufacturer plates parked in his GF's garage. Mass tax people wanted to collect so they sent in a crew to confiscate the car. They woke up to no car and called the police. He was not surprised the locals knew what happened, seemed like they were expecting the call. The Gov. knew the right people to call to get the car silently. I'd like to see the job description for those civil servants, or do you think it was a low rent Whitey Bulger group?

Are you late on your Provincial taxes?

Last edited by grane; 10-27-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by grane
There a plenty of bad guys in Canada illegally armed. My wife is from Toronto.

My buddy used to be a detective on the Toronto Pd and was shot by a felon with a pistol. The criminals didn't hand in their illegal weapons in the gun grab. If you can buy illegal drugs you can buy or rent banned pistols and so on. Armories get hit all the time but it hardly ever makes the papers.
That being said I think the US should follow the UK model of arming police only in emergency situations. Only private citizens should be allowed to carry concealed weapons regularly. Why does the US Dept of Education need its own armed police force?
That is what the 2nd Amendment are for. To legally own firearms. Felon can get firearms anytime but lawful citizens aren't allowed. That is why I love the US of A (except Chicago McDonald v. Chicago (2010), Cleaveland etc ....)
Old 10-27-2011, 12:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W204 C63 R171
That is what the 2nd Amendment are for. To legally own firearms. Felon can get firearms anytime but lawful citizens aren't allowed. That is why I love the US of A (except Chicago McDonald v. Chicago (2010), Cleaveland etc ....)

Of course bad guys "criminals" dont have to follow the gun laws like law abiding citizens like myself do... only purpose I can have a rifle or shotgun for is hunting or target shooting, and for handguns and restricted weapons... collection or target shooting.

Since the early 80's we havent been allowed to own short barreled handguns anything less then 4" so I wonder where all these criminals are getting them from...

Its a two tiered system one for law abiding citizens that are treated like criminals anyways for wanting to have a gun and then... criminals

Toronto has a serious problem with illegal guns and gangs. There is nothing wrong with guns... its the person behind the trigger thats the problem.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Just saw a clip on Global News in Toronto about a guy caught on camera stealing wheels off a White M3 around Bayview and Eglinton

He had a small trolly jack and was putting the car on blocks

He was wearing all white coveralls like painters wear when they are spraying a room

It's probably the same guy....clip from the news below

http://www.globaltoronto.com/video/caught+on+tape/video.html?v=2161649158&p=1&s=dd#video

Last edited by callmiro; 10-28-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Yuille36
This is BS, did these cars have wheel locks? You let me catch someone trying to steal my wheels and tires. He'll catch a bullet from a Kimber .45. But surprising the alarms system didn't sound?
+1
I would at least expect the alarm to go off.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Guaranteed this is the douche!

Originally Posted by callmiro
Just saw a clip on Global News in Toronto about a guy caught on camera stealing wheels off a White M3 around Bayview and Eglinton

He was wearing all white coveralls like painters wear when they are spraying a room

http://www.globaltoronto.com/video/caught+on+tape/video.html?v=2161649158&p=1&s=dd#video

Old 10-28-2011, 06:36 PM

AV6
Originally Posted by callmiro

http://www.globaltoronto.com/video/c...p=1&s=dd#video
i was expecting 5 min flat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wheels Stolen