C63 Black Series Australia Info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GF
C63 Black Series Australia Info

Hi..

Want to see how many aussies here have ordered the c63 BS series, and what is the allocation so far? which colour did you ordered and the final agreed price on road?

Thanks
J
Old 11-21-2011, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Yet to decide! 32 only for Australia, $265k on road!!! I would go the matte black and pray to god I'd doesn't get vandalized by some envious douchelord!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Yet to decide! 32 only for Australia, $265k on road!!! I would go the matte black and pray to god I'd doesn't get vandalized by some envious douchelord!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:05 AM

GF
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
There is only 4 colours to choose, obs black, iridium silver, diamond white and opal fire red. I'm deciding between Dimaond White vs Fire Opal Red...?? both will be on19in Matt Black Rim.

I Wish Solarbeam colour is available,its HOT!!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:55 AM

C63
Matt black and matt grey are also available at $7k extra.

Can also get solarbeam orange or other colours if you want at extra cost as well
Old 11-21-2011, 04:55 AM

C63
Is everyone going to order them with the 2 bucket seats or the 4 seat option with standard seats?
Old 11-21-2011, 05:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RR Evoque Dynamic, Benz Valente (work hack)
What about the yellow? Don't us Aussies get that choice?
Old 11-21-2011, 05:35 AM

C63
As stated above it can be ordered as a personalised service which will cost $$$

black, red and silver are the standard colours. Diamond white is $3k and the matt colours are $7k extra.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:18 AM

GF
Originally Posted by OZ_C63
Matt black and matt grey are also available at $7k extra.

Can also get solarbeam orange or other colours if you want at extra cost as well
what will be the extra cost for solarbeam? i imagin less than matt, but similar to diamond white?
Old 11-22-2011, 12:46 AM

C63
I am not to sure on that - you will need to speak to your dealer.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by DTMCLK
what will be the extra cost for solarbeam? i imagin less than matt, but similar to diamond white?
Solarbeam was one off for press event and from what I know will not be offered as standard or optional color. Now I am sure you could get the performance studio do it or look at doing it, but be prepared for some really hefty $!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:44 AM

GF
Originally Posted by harrower
Solarbeam was one off for press event and from what I know will not be offered as standard or optional color. Now I am sure you could get the performance studio do it or look at doing it, but be prepared for some really hefty $!
Thanks Dave, which Colour did you ordered? did you go with any options?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Thanks Dave, which Colour did you ordered? did you go with any options?
Hi,

Here is how my car is spec'd as of now with Feb build slot using codes:

c204.377 + P98 - base line car
056 - designo magno black - exterior color
B25 - track package
B26 - aero package
255 - performance studio center
752 - 19" black lightweight wheels
773 - exterior CF exterior package

There are options on Euro car like Parktronic, Panaroma sunroof, etc but I am passing on those as my intent is to use the car as track car. There is an update on options coming at end of this month so will post what I find out.

Dave
Old 11-22-2011, 09:00 AM

2011 F458 Italia, 2012 C63 Coupe Black Series,2010 997.2 GT3 RS, 2011 Porsche Cayenne
ordered mine in diamond white. solarbeam is apparently a 30k option. not sure about the matt colour option but i dont think it is worth considering anyway...

feb build date with april delivery..

1st one in WA.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:08 AM

Price?

Have they quoted price in the U.S. yet?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:23 AM

GF
Originally Posted by doos
ordered mine in diamond white. solarbeam is apparently a 30k option. not sure about the matt colour option but i dont think it is worth considering anyway...

feb build date with april delivery..

1st one in WA.
30k prob can buy a 2nd hand c63 in US.. hahah
Old 11-22-2011, 09:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche Cayenne
It's gotta be Diamond white with aero package! No arguments!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:24 AM

GF
Originally Posted by harrower
Hi,

Here is how my car is spec'd as of now with Feb build slot using codes:

c204.377 + P98 - base line car
056 - designo magno black - exterior color
B25 - track package
B26 - aero package
255 - performance studio center
752 - 19" black lightweight wheels
773 - exterior CF exterior package

There are options on Euro car like Parktronic, Panaroma sunroof, etc but I am passing on those as my intent is to use the car as track car. There is an update on options coming at end of this month so will post what I find out.

Dave
Thanks Dave, Ive seen magno black in person, It is stunning on the normal C63, I can only imagin how crazy it willl look on BS.. it seens likemost people are on Feb prod, Can you please check if Feb still has allocation?
Old 11-22-2011, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Thanks Dave, Ive seen magno black in person, It is stunning on the normal C63, I can only imagin how crazy it willl look on BS.. it seens likemost people are on Feb prod, Can you please check if Feb still has allocation?
sure will and let you know. On Nov 28th there will be a new pricelist and option release so contact your dealers to get updates. Things are a little fluid on options and I think AMG is taking inputs from their network and customers and looking at addressing things.

Dave
Old 11-22-2011, 02:25 PM

2012C63BS, 2011ML63
ordered mine few weeks ago~$265k on road + about 3k Diamond white they will start to build next week so maybe i can have it on March ?
was thinking to go aero pack but only can do with 2 seats....any idea why ? and can i have them later ? just need few carbon parts : )
32 BS sold out really quick~!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by howardfeng
ordered mine few weeks ago~$265k on road + about 3k Diamond white they will start to build next week so maybe i can have it on March ?
was thinking to go aero pack but only can do with 2 seats....any idea why ? and can i have them later ? just need few carbon parts : )
32 BS sold out really quick~!!!
Build starts won't happen until next year. You should have a build slot for Feb at earliest. Not sure how long it takes to deliver and clear car down under.

Here is release which you might useful, Please point in bold below. I am sure you can add rear seats if you desire for extra $ of course

Dave

Sunday, November 20, 2011 3:22 PM
C63 AMG Black Series Coupe: Design, aerodynamics and features inspired by the SLS AMG GT3
from the Mercedes-Benz Passion Blog, written by Philipp Deppe

The strongest ever C-Class in the evolving tradition of previous Black Series models.

Stylistically, the C63 AMG Black Series coupe is inspired by the SLS AMG GT3 -- especially when equipped with the optional AMG aerodynamic package, which is dominated by its fixed carbon-fiber rear wing. In simple terms, technology transfer from racing was an integral part of the effort by designers and aerodynamics experts from Affalterbach.

Broad, powerful, dynamic
The sporty and masculine exterior design emphasizes the car’s dynamic performance capabilities. The C63 AMG Black Series Coupe is powerful and wide when viewed from the front: the arrowed front skirt with its diagonal struts has three large cooling air intakes to ensure an effective flow to the radiator. As is common with racing vehicles, a high-gloss black lacquered front splitter is attached at the lower edge of the front air dam, which helps to optimize the aerodynamic balance of the vehicle. The central Mercedes star is mounted on a lateral element (with an airfoil profile) in the radiator grille. Similar to the SLS AMG GT3, the aluminum hood has two openings to aid in the extraction of engine heat.

The front spoiler is faired into the muscular fenders, widened by 28 millimeters per side to accommodate 255/35 R 19 tires. A side-mounted "6.3" logo -- a reminder of the SLS AMG -- makes clear what a powerful heart beats under the hood. The implied air outlet openings at the rear of the front fenders are a stylistic borrowing from the world of motorsport. High-gloss black painted inserts in the dynamic side skirts continue the theme introduced by the front splitter. Due to the increased track width and the 285/30 R 19 wide tires, the rear axle had to be widened by 42 millimeters per side and the fenders redesigned to compensate. The indicated air inlets correspond perfectly with their counterparts on the front fenders. High-gloss black painted door mirrors round out the side view.

Titanium gray finish and high-sheen AMG forged wheels -- 10-spoke design, size 9 × 19 (front) and 9.5 x 19 (rear) -- allow unobstructed views of the AMG high-performance composite brakes with red painted brake calipers. Alternatively, there are wheels available from the AMG Performance Studio: matte black lacquered and high-sheen AMG forged wheels, also with the 10-spoke design. The tires are identical in both styles of wheel.

Rear section with air intakes and diffuser
The tail of the C63 AMG Black Series Coupe is just as wide as the front. Implied air outlets and the black diffuser insert shape the new rear apron. Here too there are parallels to the SLS AMG GT3, as the diffuser extends beyond the profile of the rear bumper. The diffuser insert has two channels and a central opening; if the customer selects the AMG Track Package, a rear-differential is located in the middle of the rear diffuser. The painted body-color spoiler lip on the boot lid provides reduced lift on the rear axle. Perhaps the biggest benefit is the increased stability, especially at high speeds. Exclusive but discreet: the AMG logo with a single black “Black Series” inscription is placed at the top right corner of the rear trunk lid.

AMG exterior carbon package and AMG aerodynamic package
For an even sportier appearance, customers may select the optionally available AMG exterior carbon package from the AMG Performance Studio. Carbon-fiber is used not only for the front splitter and the exterior mirror housings, but also for the exterior surface of the lower side-cladding, the rear diffuser, and the spoiler lip on the trunk lid. A perfect complement to this is the optional AMG aerodynamic package from the AMG Performance Studio: this consists of “flics” on the front apron, a functionally coordinated front splitter with integrated spoiler lip, and an adjustable rear wing. All components are made of lightweight carbon fiber.

Optimal aerodynamic balance
Even in its basic configuration, the C63 AMG Black Series coupe reduces lift above the rear axle by having an optimal aerodynamic balance. The combination of low lift on the front and rear axles ensures good driving stability in all driving situations.

The AMG aerodynamic package not only enhances the car’s appearance, it also optimizes the aerodynamics even further. As on the SLS AMG GT3, “flics” on the front apron and a front splitter with integrated spoiler lip work together to reduce lift on the front axle. The carbon-fiber rear wing is placed atop CNC-milled aluminum supports on the trunk lid, and the angle can be manually adjusted by the driver.*Towards this end, adjustment requires only a few simple steps. Two modes are available: Stage 1 -- with 0 degrees angle of attack -- results in zero-lift generated at the rear axle. Stage 2 -- with 4 degrees angle of attack -- increases the effective wing downforce on the rear axle, without appreciably increasing lift at the front of the car. Stage 2 is recommended for track use, as the stability benefits from the higher downforce at the rear axle are especially useful in fast corners,

The aerodynamic balance of the car, as enhanced by the AMG Aero package, was carefully calibrated in wind tunnels and test runs on various high-speed tracks. Moreover, when analyzing the aerodynamic data, the AMG aero package improves downforce and chassis balance with negligible increases in drag.

Sporty, functional and quality interior
The C63 AMG Black Series coupe combines the sporty and functional interior appearance of a racing car with the exclusive and sophisticated atmosphere of a genuine AMG high-performance vehicle. Perfect workmanship, precise build quality, and attention to detail characterize the interior, with its black surfaces and red accents. To reduce weight and benefit performance, the car is equipped with lightweight AMG sports-bucket seats in ARTICO/DINAMICA, and the rear seat is deleted. On request, the C63 AMG Black Series coupe is also available as a full-fledged four-seater: in this configuration individual rear seats -- as used in the C63 AMG coupe -- are installed. Designo red belts harmonize with the red stitching on the AMG sports bucket seats, center panels of the doors, the door armrests, center console, and the shift lever.

The AMG Performance steering wheel -- in nappa leather/DINAMICA -- is highlighted by red accents. The rim, flattened at both the top and bottom, fits perfectly in the hand. Silver aluminum shift paddles allow manual gear selection in all four gear-drive programs. The left paddle actuates downshifts; the right paddle handles upshifts. The three-dimensionally designed airbag cover, with a chrome-plated Mercedes star, is surrounded by a metallic decorative element in "Silver Shadow", which ends in a split lower spoke.

Behind the wheel, the driver discovers three clearly-arranged and easy-to-read dials in a hooded design. In typical AMG style, the instrument dials have red pointers and a unique type font, the speedometer (with its 320-km/h-scale) has AMG lettering, and the "6.3 V8" logo is applied to the tachometer face. A high-resolution color TFT display is centrally located in the speedometer and directly in the driver’s field of view. As the driver's door is opened, this screen greets you by displaying the AMG logo.

On this screen one has easy access to all the functions of the AMG main menu display. Three menus are available: "Warm Up", "Set Up" and "RACE". "Warm Up" displays the engine oil and coolant temperature, "Set Up" reports on the current ESP mode and the transmission mode: "C", "S", "S +" or "M". "RACE" is the RACETIMER, which allows the driver to measure lap times on a racetrack. Only in the transmission mode "M" is the upshift indicator active: just before reaching the maximum engine speed of 7200 rpm, the display color shifts to red, thus giving the driver a clear indication of the need for an upshift. Driver access to the AMG main menu is provided by twelve multi-function buttons on the AMG performance steering wheel.

Instrument panel, door panels and center console trim adorn AMG-specific elements finished in a high-gloss piano black. Alternatively, the customer can also opt for AMG carbon-fiber trim elements. On the center console, next to the shift lever covered with DINAMICA, sits a rotating controller for the transmission driving modes: C, S, S +, M and RACE START. A clear reminder of the exclusivity of this model is the "AMG Black Series" logo on the trim strip above the glove compartment.

The other standard features of the C 63 AMG Black Series Coupe (excerpts):

• Adaptive brake light flashing
• AMG door sill panels in brushed stainless steel with AMG lettering
• AMG sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
• Audio: 20-CD radio with dual tuner, color display, Bluetooth, speakerphone, USB port and eight speakers
• Driver and front passenger airbags
• Headlamp Assist
• Automatic THERMATIC climate control
• Belt tensioners and belt force limiters
• Rear lights with LED technology
• Knee airbag for drivers
• Tyre pressure loss warning
• Cruise control with variable SPEEDTRONIC speed control
• Side-window airbags for driver and passenger

Six body colors are available, including two Magno-matte finishes:

• Fire Opal Red (standard equipment)
• Diamond White Metallic
• Iridium Silver Metallic
• Obsidian Black Metallic
• Designo Magno Allanite Gray
• Designo Magno Night Black

Optionally available features include (excerpts):

• AMG door sill panels, illuminated in white LED technology
• AMG floor mats
• Becker MAP PILOT
• COMAND Online
• Digital radio (DAB)
• Harman Kardon Logic7 surround sound system
• Intelligent Light System ILS
• KEYLESS-GO
• Convenience telephony
• Media Interface
• Reversing Camera
• Side and rear glass dark tinted
• Heated front seats

AMG Performance Media system, with COMAND Online
After the SLS AMG, the C 63 AMG Coupe AMG Black Series is only the second model to be equipped with the optionally-available AMG Performance Media system. This innovative and informative system was directly inspired by motor racing and has many different displays such as engine telemetry, lateral and longitudinal acceleration, and lap times.

The main features include:

• Indication of the lateral (cornering) and longitudinal forces(acceleration/braking), combined with performance brake, throttle position and steering angle data in real time, including a stored memory function.
• Recording of individual lap times with sector times, including memory function
• Integration of functions for storing setup and RACE START settings
• Indication of the acceleration time from 0-100 km / h (alternatively: quarter mile) in real time
• Display of engine oil, coolant, and transmission oil temperature in real time
• Display of engine power, torque and throttle position in real time
• Individual tire pressure display in real time

The AMG Performance Media system is activated by pressing the AMG button in the upper panel, and is operated via the COMAND controller. All functions are visible on the high resolution, 7-inch wide color screen of the COMAND multimedia system (with online option). A wealth of information -- which would otherwise be integrated into the AMG menu in the smaller central display -- allows the driver to monitor graphical readouts in the AMG Performance Media System -- such as the tire pressure, the selected transmission drive mode, the ESP mode, and the engine oil, coolant, and transmission oil temperature.

In the top menu bar there is a choice between "Data", "Race" and "Setup", while the lower menu bar offers more choices, such as "Temp", "Power" and "Tires".*Once the desired item is selected, the menu bars disappear and the display is enlarged to fill the screen.*Three indicators appear at the same time, and the most important information is always placed in the center of the display.*Digitally simulated instrument dials with red pointers ensure excellent readability.*When using the "Setup" menu to configure a vehicle feature -- for example, the transmission or drive program stored in each ESP mode -- the currently active setup links appear in a customized setup menu, to the right of the RACE START mode.

"Power" indicator: power and torque in real time
Fascination delivers pure "Power" indicator: depending on the accelerator pedal position (shown on the right side of the circular readout), the instantaneous horsepower is displayed in PS, while on the other side current torque output is displayed in Newton/meters. AMG Performance Media provides an attractive graphic display of the high performance of this Black Series model. In the "Temp" mode the engine oil temperature is displayed centrally, flanked by the engine coolant temperature (left) and the transmission oil temperature (right). The tire pressure indicator shows a stylized C63 AMG Black Series Coupe with a numerical readout for each individual wheel/tire.

"Race" mode: G-meter -- high dynamics visualized
In "Race" mode, the center displays the G-meter, which shows the current transverse and longitudinal acceleration. On the left and right of the display, the current brake pressure and throttle positions are shown, both as a percentage. Using the G-meter allows the driver to track dynamic performance. Depending on the current driving situation, the red dot moves to the front, rear, left or right. Three concentric circles allow the instrument to show the gradation of the current G-forces from 0.5 g to 1.0 g and 1.5 g. Racing fans are already familiar with these on-screen graphics from Formula 1 television coverage.

A gray bar indicates the maximum acceleration achieved since the last reset. The "History" feature allows the driver to display the transverse and longitudinal acceleration values over the last ten minutes. In addition the time, steering angle in degrees, and vehicle speed are stored. Additionally, a screenshot of these values is available and can be loaded via USB to an external storage device.

"Track" menu: Personal race engineer on board
More motorsport-based design permeates the "Track" menu. This mode not only offers several recording options, such as individual lap times on a racetrack, but also includes sector times and a memory function. In short: using the 'Track' mode is like having a personal race engineer on board, who can help the driver improve his individual race track performance on a continual basis.

While showing the readout of lap times, the difference (or delta) between each lap and the fastest lap will also be displayed. As if that were not enough, all individual values for brake pressure, throttle position, speed, and lateral/longitudinal acceleration are separately stored for each individual lap. In conjunction with the display of individual sector times, the driver can easily target potential areas for improvement.

Comparison of up to five laps possible
In its matrix display, the AMG Performance Media can be used to simultaneously compare data for up to five laps. The driver can decide which laps to display; the fastest lap time is displayed in green, while the best and worst sector values are shown in green or red.

Track layouts are displayed graphically; from the factory, the Nürburgring-Nordschleife and Hockenheim tracks are already stored in the system memory. New tracks can be driven, then graphed (via GPS), named, and saved. While in race mode the recorded lap times and values can be downloaded to a USB memory stick; this data may then be taken home for analysis by PC or, at a later date, reloaded back into the system.

RACE START mode: Faster and easier than before
Another feature is the RACE START mode. In conjunction with the AMG Performance Media System, activating this mode is both faster and more convenient. After selection using the COMAND controller, a bar graph shows the driver the required braking pressure. At that point the driver -- via a single pull of the "Up" shift paddle -- confirms the RACE START function, depresses the accelerator pedal completely, and then releases the brake. Use of the manual gear knob is locked out in this mode, and the ESP SPORT handling mode is activated.

AMG Performance Media and COMAND Online
As in the SLS AMG, a standard Internet connection is also offered in the C63 AMG Black Series Coupe. On the C63 AMG Black Series Coupe, the COMAND multimedia system with Internet connection is optional. The passenger can either freely surf the Internet or, by using a Mercedes-Benz online service, utilize a simplified web system which is fast and easy to use. The planned services include integrated Google™ Local Search and other online services such as weather forecasts. There is also the possibility of individual destinations and routes using Google Maps to route the vehicle. More Mercedes-Benz online services will be implemented over time, which will then be available to existing customers.

The high-resolution color display measures 5.8 inches tall (7 inches diagonally). On this ample screen one can display photos and manually flip through them as a slideshow. In the audio mode there is a new graphic interface, which provides a fresh look and easier operation. For example, the “CoverFlow” feature allows drivers to flip through album covers to browse through the music collection. The memory for compressed audio files (MP3, WMA, AAC) is now 10 GB. Optionally, the COMAND is available with a 6-disc DVD changer.

For convenience, the Music Search function allows the driver and passenger to browse the hard drive, SD memory card, USB sticks, CDs, and DVDs for specific song titles and artists. These different media may be searched by various criteria such as artist, album or genre. Though name is a required input, the software tolerates spelling errors. This allows the driver to concentrate fully on the road. Another advantage is that occupants can browse through all media and connected devices simultaneously.

The latest maps for Europe, free for three years
New functionality was added to the hard-drive COMAND Online navigation system. One new feature of the maps is a 3-D view where city skylines and buildings are displayed. Also new: driven routes can be recorded and exported, along with points of interest, or imported via an SD card. Up to four alternate routes are displayed on the navigation map, including one projected to be the most economical. Mercedes-Benz customers in Europe will receive a three-year subscription for the latest maps for the COMAND Online multimedia system. Mercedes-Benz partners provide navigation updates for 39 European countries, simply as part of a visit to a Mercedes-Benz dealer.

In Europe, COMAND online includes Speed Limit Assist -- which receives its information through camera-based traffic sign detection, in conjunction with the navigation database. COMAND Online also includes a voice control system, LINGUATRONIC, for audio, telephone and navigation. Especially convenient is the new "One Shot" input for the navigation system, where town and street names are spoken in direct succession.

Source: Daimler AG
Old 11-22-2011, 03:34 PM

2012C63BS, 2011ML63
the list i have for Aussie
1. 2 seats or 4 seats
2. Amg aero pack b26 ( rear aerofoil , enlarged front splitter , front "flics" ) in carbonfiber. *only in conjunction with 601 2 seats
3.Amg Track pack b25 ( active cooling system for rear axle Tran )
4.Amg 19* black alloy wheels
and
• Diamond White Metallic

standard features +
• AMG floor mats
• COMAND APS with navi ? AMG Performance Media system ?
• KEYLESS-GO
• Media Interface
• Reversing Camera
• dark tinted from rear of b pillar
• Heated front seats

i will ask my dealer about the aero pack again~!!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:59 PM

GF
the list i have for Aussie
1. 2 seats or 4 seats
2. Amg aero pack b26 ( rear aerofoil , enlarged front splitter , front "flics" ) in carbonfiber. *only in conjunction with 601 2 seats
3.Amg Track pack b25 ( active cooling system for rear axle Tran )
4.Amg 19* black alloy wheels
and
• Diamond White Metallic

standard features +
• AMG floor mats
• COMAND APS with navi ? AMG Performance Media system ?
• KEYLESS-GO
• Media Interface
• Reversing Camera
• dark tinted from rear of b pillar
• Heated front seats

i will ask my dealer about the aero pack again~!!
Hi Howard, what is the "enlarged front splitter" ? how differ to the standard BS? I can only see the difference are the rear wing and front "flics"..
Old 11-22-2011, 05:01 PM

2012C63BS, 2011ML63
carbon fiber ~ and bigger?
Old 11-22-2011, 05:04 PM

GF
carbon fiber ~ and bigger?
LOL... most probably... but Im sure there is aftermarket parts that can enhance the car.. the WING is just killing me... abit awkward..
My dealer told me only March Allocation left, JAN/FEB is all filled. so most probably 10 cars left..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 Black Series Australia Info