C63 Black Series DUCATI EDITION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Dude you are sick. You're a smart guy, you know exactly what I mean. I must say after seeing your posts in so many of these threads - I click on an interesting topic and lo and behold see these arguments and think "oh here we go!" when your username pops up and it always ends up the same way.

Hope you are in a profession where you get to use your talents to your satisfaction, and I'm not being facetious, being 100% serious.

Having said that I have not driven a GT-R, GT3, or BS, so I'm not qualified to give my opinion other than the BS looks pretty damn ridiculous
There are about 20 different people posting in this thread. Who are you referring to? Learn to use quote. LOL

Last edited by propain; 01-28-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
I have been on this forum for sometime now and never feel like I have to lashout or puff my chest to any veteran member here. There are a ton of snot nose newbies that post here and there to simply tell members off and get off on it and think they accomplished something just because their parents bought them a C63 AMG. I think rory has some good points (a little hot headed often IMO), but I think Propain always has had level headed thinking, with foresight and hindsight in mind. Remember, most members on this forum are logical car enthusiasts. Only a few have money growing on trees in their back yards. You have to look at where you are financially, what your getting for your money, and if its all for bragging rights while you drive a $140K car down your pot hole streets to pick up plan B for your girlfriend and tampons for your wife. Will you track the car even at least 70% of the time or even drive it to its full potential? Don't get me wrong, the BS is a cool car, but more power to those who can afford it and track it and not care to beat the snot out of it. I don't have the highest regard for those who just buy an engineering badass like that and have it just sit in the garage and say, "look what I am making through the nose payments on."

All great cars (gt3, Z06, GT-R, BS etc). But will the BS buyers feel remorse once the SLS BS AMG is out? I know there will be a price difference but if you are blowing $140K whats $100K more to you guys who wipe your asses with $100s?? Also, a lot of these people who are getting the C BS were the same people who laughed at those with C63 AMGs because they were angry they had all this power in a C Class and said the buck stopped with the CLK BS...

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 01-28-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
I have been on this forum for sometime now and never feel like I have to lashout or puff my chest to any veteran member here. There are a ton of snot nose newbies that post here and there to simply tell members off and get off on it and think they accomplished something just because their parents bought them a C63 AMG. I think rory has some good points (a little hot headed often IMO), but I think Propain always has had level headed thinking, with foresight and hindsight in mind. Remember, most members on this forum are logical car enthusiasts. Only a few have money growing on trees in their back yards. You have to look at where you are financially, what your getting for your money, and if its all for bragging rights while you drive a $140K car down your pot hole streets to pick up plan B for your girlfriend and tampons for your wife. Will you track the car even at least 70% of the time or even drive it to its full potential? Don't get me wrong, the BS is a cool car, but more power to those who can afford it and track it and not care to beat the snot out of it. I don't have the highest regard for those who just buy an engineering badass like that and have it just sit in the garage and say, "look what I am making through the nose payments on."

All great cars (gt3, Z06, GT-R, BS etc). But will the BS buyers feel remorse once the SLS BS AMG is out? I know there will be a price difference but if you are blowing $140K whats $100K more to you guys who wipe your asses with $100s?? Also, a lot of these people who are getting the C BS were the same people who laughed at those with C63 AMGs because they were angry they had all this power in a C Class and said the buck stopped with the CLK BS...

Good points and thank you for the compliment. I know I can be a bit abrasive at times but I try to make my points without offending anyone. I know this is impossible because some people will take things personally no matter how gentle you make them.

I agree with you on the financial aspect. I certainly don't wipe myself with 100's so my choices tend to be a bit more thought out. I don't think I have ever purchased anything impulsively.

Last edited by propain; 01-28-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by propain
Yet you make this passive aggressive comment as if YOU are the real deal.

Last I checked no one is being a tough guy. They are simply offering opinion. Some more colorful than others. These opinions are not without merit either. The Black Series is a nice car but its quite overpriced and doesn't hold its value. There are also many other BETTER options if you are just looking for a great performing track car in that price range.

Personal preference is fine and I have said many times. Just don't let it turn your preference into something it isn't and say something silly like the BS is on par with the GT3.

As far as wondering why you read these forums and needing a happy little place where everyone agrees with one another good luck with that. Forums have always been about debates and controversial conversation you most likely wouldn't say to someones face. Nothing wrong with that. Just like when you flip off someone who just cut you off in your car, I'm sure you wouldn't tell someone "F You!!" to his face for accidentally stepping in front of you on line at the grocery. Going by gthals above comment he would punch someone out it seems if they said "I like your BS but for the price there are better options" at a car show. Seems real mature.
I wasn't meaning to infer that anyone in this thread was offside or inappropriate. For some reason you seem to have taken offense to something that wasn't directed at you in the first place. I also never inferred that I was the "real deal" but I do try to speak to people here in the same way I would if I wasn't hiding behind a computer screen.

I was just pointing out that people speak to each other differently on the forums than they would in person. Many people act like tough guys online with the anonymity of the internet but in the "real" world would take a MUCH different approach to a debate like this. It isn't the difference in opinion... it is the way people articulate it, speak to one another, throw insults, are disrespectful, etc... again... not saying that is happening in this case. I was merely commenting on the other member's frustration with some of the responses and pointing out that if it was a discussion around a water cooler, the attitudes would be different even if the opinions weren't.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:35 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
I have been in both the GT3 and the CLK63 BS. Trust me.. not even a comparison. The GT3 is worlds beyond what the CLK63 BS dreams to be and will be worlds apart from the C63 BS. Give me a break... You are talking about a 190,000 Porsche.

Yes yes... the BS has amazing torque and HP just like the C63. Sounds and feels like a monster but comparing it to a GT3 is just laughable.

Ever been in a ZR1? Way more fun than a BS or the GT3 and cheaper than both. Also a blast on the street.

My point is its not for me. Your defense would be best to say "I love it" and that would be fine. Saying its on par with the GT3 is why this continues.

My 993 is a better track car than my C63 but I enjoy running my C63 more than the 993 so I can understand your point though. I was simply pointing out bang for the buck, resale and personal preference. Sorry if I offended any BS owners. This is just my opinion.
Well, as usual you got it all wrong ... First, which GT3 are you comparing the CLK BS to? Since the CLK BS came out in 2007, the right thing to compare it to is a 997.1 GT3, not with a 997.3 GT3 RS 4.0 ... which by the way has a "base price" of $185K ... the one that I was offered to at my dealership had a sticker of $224K. If you get it for sticker that is. A CLK BS is on par with a 997.1 GT3 ... speaking of first hand experience, of course. You're comparing apples with oranges.

As for holding value ... I never bought any car as a financial investment. To me they are emotional investments. As for my CLK BS ... in my mind I haven't lost a Dollar ... because I don't need to sell it to buy another car or need to get rid of it because I'm cash strapped. Didn't pay any interest charges on it either since I paid cash. Insurance, registration, maintenance and the occasional track day are the only expenses.

I used to own a 993 TT when they first came out and now own a 997.2 TT PDK. 993's are nice cars, I'm sure you enjoy yours and I'm happy for you. However, you must have not taken it to the track ... or perhaps a "slow" track. Fast sweepers with undulations in the road, 120 mph plus, the car is a handful. Even on the street, above 140 on those wonderfully constructed American roads, the thing was nervous as hell. The rear wing generates a good amount of downforce and made the front end light ... in combination with a short wheelbase and a toe-correcting rear axle, not very relaxing to drive. Besides, even when I owned the car 16 years ago, interior ergonomics were, well, still from the sixties.

As for Porsche's being sooo much better on a track than anything else ... well, driven at 8/10th you don't have to be very experienced ... but you're not going to be the "fastest" guy on the track showing everyone how quick you're GT3 is. Remember, it 's those last 2/10th that make that car truly great and fast ... but you better know what you're doing behind the wheel ... because it's still a rear engined Porsche, no matter how much marvelous engineering went into it, basic physics still apply.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by gthal
I wasn't meaning to infer that anyone in this thread was offside or inappropriate. For some reason you seem to have taken offense to something that wasn't directed at you in the first place. I also never inferred that I was the "real deal" but I do try to speak to people here in the same way I would if I wasn't hiding behind a computer screen.

I was just pointing out that people speak to each other differently on the forums than they would in person. Many people act like tough guys online with the anonymity of the internet but in the "real" world would take a MUCH different approach to a debate like this. It isn't the difference in opinion... it is the way people articulate it, speak to one another, throw insults, are disrespectful, etc... again... not saying that is happening in this case. I was merely commenting on the other member's frustration with some of the responses and pointing out that if it was a discussion around a water cooler, the attitudes would be different even if the opinions weren't.
Fair enough, I didn't think you were pointing me out in particular however. I just didn't see a place for that comment in this discussion up to this point. As you can see from the above, SMP user, he tends to get his panties in a bunch and starts off his comments with some form of insult. "As usual your wrong". A comment like that can easily spin things away from the discussion. You can see he is a black series owner so he is taking things a bit on the personal side AS USUAL with every discussion about the CLK BS.

Of course I have seen it on this forum and others and I agree. There are many on here who insult and calls names that would never do it in person. I have met a few in person who fit that description perfectly. I look forward to meeting up with the rest of them some day.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you all make me LOL. smh

Last edited by mei35inted; 04-06-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:32 PM

As for holding value ... I never bought any car as a financial investment. To me they are emotional investments. As for my CLK BS ... in my mind I haven't lost a Dollar ... because I don't need to sell it to buy another car or need to get rid of it because I'm cash strapped. Didn't pay any interest charges on it either since I paid cash. Insurance, registration, maintenance and the occasional track day are the only expenses.

+63
Old 01-28-2012, 02:35 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Oh Propain

Can't get my panties in a bunch ... not wearing any ... running around in shorts today ... because it's 80 degrees here in sunny SoCal

I'm a warm weather person ... so are my cars ... grip level is perfect under these conditions. Now, all I have to decide is which one I'm going to give a workout.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SMP
Well, as usual you got it all wrong ... First, which GT3 are you comparing the CLK BS to? Since the CLK BS came out in 2007, the right thing to compare it to is a 997.1 GT3, not with a 997.3 GT3 RS 4.0 ... which by the way has a "base price" of $185K ... the one that I was offered to at my dealership had a sticker of $224K. If you get it for sticker that is. A CLK BS is on par with a 997.1 GT3 ... speaking of first hand experience, of course. You're comparing apples with oranges.

The GT3 RS "Base Price" 135K will easily and beat the current BS or the CLK BS. The 911 turbo also 137K "Base price" is a much better buy. The list goes on. You dont need to spend anywhere near 200K to out perform the C63 BS or your CLK BS.

But fair enough... compare it to the 997.1 which ran the ring in 7:37 compared to the CLK BS of 8:02. Draw your own conclusions. Even the best times scouring the internet doesn't beat the 7:37 that is posted

Ummm good for you? I mentioned personal preference about 10 times. No one cares about what you paid for in cash or if you need to sell to buy another vehicle. I believe your type was mentioned above by another poster.

I used to own a 993 TT when they first came out and now own a 997.2 TT PDK. 993's are nice cars, I'm sure you enjoy yours and I'm happy for you. However, you must have not taken it to the track ... or perhaps a "slow" track. Fast sweepers with undulations in the road, 120 mph plus, the car is a handful. Even on the street, above 140 on those wonderfully constructed American roads, the thing was nervous as hell. The rear wing generates a good amount of downforce and made the front end light ... in combination with a short wheelbase and a toe-correcting rear axle, not very relaxing to drive. Besides, even when I owned the car 16 years ago, interior ergonomics were, well, still from the sixties.

I've stated by C63 is more fun to drive than my 993. Doesn't mean my C63 is a better performer though. I appreciate your experience though.

As for Porsche's being sooo much better on a track than anything else ... well, driven at 8/10th you don't have to be very experienced ... but you're not going to be the "fastest" guy on the track showing everyone how quick you're GT3 is. Remember, it 's those last 2/10th that make that car truly great and fast ... but you better know what you're doing behind the wheel ... because it's still a rear engined Porsche, no matter how much marvelous engineering went into it, basic physics still apply.

I agree with this. I am not talking about my personal experience just the numbers produced by the professionals. I would be hard pressed to put down the numbers the pro's do and would most likely never see the times they put down also. But that would also translate to a vehicle with less performance. So my experience with a better performer will most likely beat my experience with a lesser performer.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SMP
Oh Propain

Can't get my panties in a bunch ... not wearing any ... running around in shorts today ... because it's 80 degrees here in sunny SoCal

I'm a warm weather person ... so are my cars ... grip level is perfect under these conditions. Now, all I have to decide is which one I'm going to give a workout.

LOL. I enjoy all the seasons. Enjoy the grip, I enjoy amazing DA.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:52 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Not sure if my 997.2 TT PDK was was a "much better buy" ... besides, by the time I had it configured to my taste, it was well beyond the base price. By the time the 991 TT hits the shores, I'll take a bath in regards to re-sale value. But until then, I'll enjoy every minute of it!

Firing up the TT in a minute ... off to lunch in Malibu
Old 01-28-2012, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by SMP
Oh Propain

I'm totally there with you!

Last edited by mei35inted; 04-06-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by ryanc43amg
you all make me LOL. this is a mercedes benz website for people who are passionate and enthusiastic about MB. A lot of people in this forum just bash on Mercedes and always compare and try to say every/any car is better. Mercedes must be doing it right to get all of your guys' panties in a bunch constantly trying to say other cars are better. The C63 BS is a beast and one hell of a car. anyone to say otherwise or that tries to compare it to a Porsche please stop. It's childish and extremely annoying. We all know Porsche built great track cars if not some of the best. If your all so enthusiastic about your GTR's, 911s and silly Corvette's go join there forums and hand around there. and Mercedes doesn't care they've already sold the BS out to dealerships and made there money on it.

anyways I can't wait to see that car parked in my garage! I'll post pictures for sure
There is nothing wrong with being objective.

I am a big fan of Team Mercedes. But being a big fan doesn't mean I have to like all the players.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:56 PM

see you out there!
Old 01-28-2012, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SMP
Not sure if my 997.2 TT PDK was was a "much better buy" ... besides, by the time I had it configured to my taste, it was well beyond the base price. By the time the 991 TT hits the shores, I'll take a bath in regards to re-sale value. But until then, I'll enjoy every minute of it!

I'm going back to row with the other slaves....
Old 01-28-2012, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
I'm going back to row with the other slaves....

It's all good...I'll see you down there.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:37 PM

C32, 911 Carrera S(991), C63BS
I find it interesting that so many strangers here apparently know the reason(s) some of us ordered the BS (including assumptions about our net worth and moral fabric). If pressed, I am not sure I could enumerate all my reasons for wanting this car.

BTW, please visit a few of the Porsche forums for examples of internet automotive discussions that rarely transgress the boundaries of good manners.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
There are about 20 different people posting in this thread. Who are you referring to? Learn to use quote. LOL
Haha okie dokie bud
Old 01-28-2012, 11:39 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by Kaiba
Omg.... You are either a kid or a total moron... Stick with the toy car with **** interior , I'll enjoy my racing car with real luxury interior and fun as hell ...
I think you are just jealous
No need to add more on this topic as we are again in a gtr vs c63 war for no use...
I love when these tough guys come on forums and call ppl names. Ur a internet thug so be it. Yes I am jealous. Jealous that Im not that stupid to buy a car for looks or because of the name to feel cool.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by rage2
Agreed with an exception... the GT-R is interesting in that anyone can drive it closer to the car's potential than any other car I've seen. I have a hard time chasing down owners that have very little track experience. It's pretty impressive in that regard.

I've been instructing track days for years, I guess I'm just ****ty at it.

Enjoy driving your GTR on your Playstation.
Good for you. Doesn't mean ****. That captain has been steering ships for years and we saw what happened.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:45 PM

Yet you make this passive aggressive comment as if YOU are the real deal.

Last I checked no one is being a tough guy. They are simply offering opinion. Some more colorful than others. These opinions are not without merit either. The Black Series is a nice car but its quite overpriced and doesn't hold its value. There are also many other BETTER options if you are just looking for a great performing track car in that price range.

Personal preference is fine and I have said many times. Just don't let it turn your preference into something it isn't and say something silly like the BS is on par with the GT3.

As far as wondering why you read these forums and needing a happy little place where everyone agrees with one another good luck with that. Forums have always been about debates and controversial conversation you most likely wouldn't say to someones face. Nothing wrong with that. Just like when you flip off someone who just cut you off in your car, I'm sure you wouldn't tell someone "F You!!" to his face for accidentally stepping in front of you on line at the grocery. Going by gthals above comment he would punch someone out it seems if they said "I like your BS but for the price there are better options" at a car show. Seems real mature.
thats the thing with these people. They already wasted 130k and they think they're the boss so they don't want anyone saying anything bad. Since I've been on this forum, someone always turns a discussion into an argument. No point in talking to them
Old 01-29-2012, 12:08 AM

C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
Interesting...

So, do you get a Ducati with this car or what?

Jim
Old 01-29-2012, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by SMP

Take that beast up to ACH or at least take Malibu Canyon or Kannan Dune to get there.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Haha okie dokie bud
You are still sore about our lease vs buy conversation 1 year ago. Maybe you can lease the BS?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 Black Series DUCATI EDITION