Sponsored by:

Experience w/ JB Speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14.5 RR LWB, '14 s63, '14 Ford Raptor Screw, '13 G63
Experience w/ JB Speed

Hey guys - anyone have recent experience with JB Speed? I bought a hood emblem from him on January 30. He said he shipped it out the same day I paid which was the day I placed the order and I should expect the package in 10 days.

He supplied a tracking on Feb 4 which shows that the package was processed through ISC New York (which is basically the USPS international sorting facility) on Feb 3. According to the USPS I should have had it a day or two after that, I live in NYC.

I still haven't received the package as of today, I emailed him yesterday to maybe look into it for me but he said I should get it within the next week and to not worry I will get the item. The package has had no movement since Feb 3 and I think the package is lost. JB Speed apparently doesn't think that's the case which frustrates me a bit. I know the USPS is slow, but in my experience, they aren't that slow.

If anyone has any suggestions or experience with JB Speed (good or bad) please do share.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 MB C63
wow..really? I was gonna purchase the hood emblem from them as well..I was searching for how the customer rate it.. Since this, I think I should consider more.. Let me know the update on your emblem if you will be received or not.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:42 PM

2010 C63
i purchase the rear lid spoiler on the 4th of february, shipment info was sent to fedex on the 5th, but wasn't picked up until the 9th...so u think that the shipping services there aren't as prompt are they are here...and i have been keeping track of it is in menphis, tn and is to arrive at my door step on tuesday....the person that i spoke with through email from jbspeed seemed very professional, all emails that i sent aking questions before and after purchase were all answered within the hr....will let you know more info when i get the package
Old 02-12-2012, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
I've bought a hood emblem from him as well as 3 rear spoilers . Took about 2 1/2 weeks to va.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Ive purchased 2 emblems from JB Speed, both delieverd on time.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
2 front lips and all of them came on time for me.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
I got my front lip & roof spoiler from them, no problem at all with the shipment. It was actually faster to received it from Asia than some of my US orders.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:21 PM

If I may ask the members who posted they received their orders on time. Can you please clarify what that means? Did he provide you guys with a timeline or did you receive it within an acceptable period of time?

Also, where were the orders shipped from?

Mine shipped from Taiwan, and while I understand that's going to take a little longer than something domestic, I had ordered something off of ebay and it shipped from China using the Postal Service and I received it within a week. I actually ordered these 2 days after I ordered the emblem from JB Speed.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:39 PM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by oswiff
Hey guys - anyone have recent experience with JB Speed? I bought a hood emblem from him on January 30. He said he shipped it out the same day I paid which was the day I placed the order and I should expect the package in 10 days.

He supplied a tracking on Feb 4 which shows that the package was processed through ISC New York (which is basically the USPS international sorting facility) on Feb 3. According to the USPS I should have had it a day or two after that, I live in NYC.

I still haven't received the package as of today, I emailed him yesterday to maybe look into it for me but he said I should get it within the next week and to not worry I will get the item. The package has had no movement since Feb 3 and I think the package is lost. JB Speed apparently doesn't think that's the case which frustrates me a bit. I know the USPS is slow, but in my experience, they aren't that slow.

If anyone has any suggestions or experience with JB Speed (good or bad) please do share.

If I may ask the members who posted they received their orders on time. Can you please clarify what that means? Did he provide you guys with a timeline or did you receive it within an acceptable period of time?

Mine shipped from Taiwan, and while I understand that's going to take a little longer than something domestic, I had ordered something off of ebay and it shipped from China using the Postal Service and I received it within a week. I actually ordered these 2 days after I ordered the emblem from JB Speed.
How has this got to do with JBspeed as a company?I think this is Postal services issue. If just think Jbspeed should have a look into it and find out where the package is. Thats his part, but if the package got lost, it is entirely Postal service's fault, and IMO, if there wasn't any agreement that he is solely responsible for the package even after it is mailed, then JBspeed shouldn't have any expenses with this. Anyway I would guess shipments are insured in any case, right? But what I really think is going on, is that the package will arrive, it is just taking longer then it usually would. God knows what the hell they're doing at the Postal service.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Overseas shipment always varies in time of arrival cuz u have to factor in the customs clearance. The package can be held or just sitting at the border for different reason. Some of my order arrived in 5 days, some in 4 weeks. I would give it a little more time as 2 weeks is not that long. If after a month, u still haven't received it, I'm sure JBSpeed will take care of u as they are a reputable sponsor on the board.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Djovovic63
How has this got to do with JBspeed as a company?I think this is Postal services issue. If just think Jbspeed should have a look into it and find out where the package is. Thats his part, but if the package got lost, it is entirely Postal service's fault, and IMO, if there wasn't any agreement that he is solely responsible for the package even after it is mailed, then JBspeed shouldn't have any expenses with this. Anyway I would guess shipments are insured in any case, right? But what I really think is going on, is that the package will arrive, it is just taking longer then it usually would. God knows what the hell they're doing at the Postal service.
I think this reflects on JB Speed as a company because I don't think he looked into this issue with the Postal Service. He is just telling me to not worry and it should come this week.

He didn't tell me why he thinks it will come this week but he gave me the timeline of 10 days from when it shipped and as I said, the last movement on the emblem was on Feb 3.

I contacted the Postal Service and according to them it is odd that I haven't received the package yet as it cleared customs so long ago, but they said that the seller/shipper needs to open the claim.

Maybe the emblem will arrive this week or maybe it is lost, but in my opinion the post sale service is not good.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just be patient, no company will file a claim for a week or 2 delay unless it's a garanteed express service. I'm not defending the company, just saying that delays happens & not to jump the gun until settlement. Good luck.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Roswell
Just be patient, no company will file a claim for a week or 2 delay unless it's a garanteed express service. I'm not defending the company, just saying that delays happens & not to jump the gun until settlement. Good luck.
Agreed, and I know the postal service isn't dependable at all and things can just pop up at any time.

I just don't like the responses I have received from him.

I will wait another week and hopefully it shows up.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wise decision.. If all fails, I'm sure the sponsor will send u a new one as it's probably cheaper for him to do that than going through the hassle of claims. Keep us posted.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:15 PM

2010 C63
if you were provided with a tracking # it should tell you exactly where you part is, and at that point it is you and not jbspeed that needs to contact the shipping company and ask them what the status of your package is....i have been tracking my package from tiwan to japan, china, alaska and not in menphis...

Old 02-12-2012, 07:26 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by crazy1469
if you were provided with a tracking # it should tell you exactly where you part is, and at that point it is you and not jbspeed that needs to contact the shipping company and ask them what the status of your package is....i have been tracking my package from tiwan to japan, china, alaska and not in menphis...
I disagree slightly with this. The client paid for the product and paid for the shipping.....to JBSpeed. They packaged it, they contracted the carrier and, IMO, they are responsible until delivery is verified. If delivery does not occur, it will be JBSpeed sending a new product and opening a claim with the carrier.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:37 PM

My main issue right now aside from not having the piece yet, is the service. When I asked how long and was told ten days, that's now my expectation. I understand shipping is a whole story to itself. But if I ask how long and you tell me a date, and then when that comes and goes and you reply with one line answer saying nothing more than "keep waiting, trust me", that's just not really informative or good service. Just my opinion.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:51 PM

2010 C63
the date that he gave you was the ETA that was given to him by the shipping company, so at this point the only people that you have to question is the shipping company and no one else

My main issue right now aside from not having the piece yet, is the service. When I asked how long and was told ten days, that's now my expectation. I understand shipping is a whole story to itself. But if I ask how long and you tell me a date, and then when that comes and goes and you reply with one line answer saying nothing more than "keep waiting, trust me", that's just not really informative or good service. Just my opinion.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:14 PM

JB Speed just emailed me. He said it is supposed to take 10 days after it arrived in NYC for me to receive it, which differs from his original email that it will take 10 days after shipping it out. And he said if it doesn't come this week to let him know and he will "see how he can help me out".

Anyhow, that would put it at about the 15th or so.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:21 PM

2010 C63
say on the tracking number he gave me there an ETA to my door step. what did it say on yours
JB Speed just emailed me. He said it is supposed to take 10 days after it arrived in NYC for me to receive it, which differs from his original email that it will take 10 days after shipping it out. And he said if it doesn't come this week to let him know and he will "see how he can help me out".

Anyhow, that would put it at about the 15th or so.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by crazy1469
say on the tracking number he gave me there an ETA to my door step. what did it say on yours
It's the US postal service. The tracking doesn't give you an estimated date of arrival.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:41 PM

2010 C63
I have just recieved my package today, it's one day early from the ETA that was given to me by FEDEX

It's the US postal service. The tracking doesn't give you an estimated date of arrival.