C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

I Got A Ticket... Need Advice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C363 S / 2007 SLK55 / 2016 F150 4x4 / 1998 Cobra Convertible
However, the cop will obviously not be happy to have to waste his time as he was in fact nice and you are not validating his mercy by trying to fight the lesser charge.
Not sure what it's like in Canada, but here they schedule a lot of the contested tickets on the cops day off. They do this so the cop gets double time. In that case he will almost ALWAYS show up. And traffic court is a joke. It's not (usually) about safety. It's about making money. So if you do contest it, your best bet is to talk to the judge and ask if you can plead guilty without having points on your license/insurance. If you were friendly to the cop he'll most likely agree to the terms. You'll pay a reduced fine, they'll make most of their money, and you'll have no points. And that's what it's all about... :groan:

With three PA state troopers in the family I have reason to dislike the system...
Old 03-13-2012, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,572 Likes on 925 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Hazel/University is right in front of Laurier University. Showing off to some uni chicks huh?

http://maps.google.ca/?ll=43.475084,...163.57,,0,0.34

You probably got laughed at when the cherries lit up.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by 2012c350
And traffic court is a joke. It's not (usually) about safety. It's about making money. So if you do contest it, your best bet is to talk to the judge and ask if you can plead guilty without having points on your license/insurance. If you were friendly to the cop he'll most likely agree to the terms. You'll pay a reduced fine, they'll make most of their money, and you'll have no points. And that's what it's all about... :groan:
^^ Exactly my point in the early post. My friend cop told me they only wants your money, so they are willing to give you back your points if you pay. (traffic violation to by-law violation).

OP, are you sure there is no points involved with your ticket? I can read "traffic violation" which means points are involved.. but I might be wrong. If you are right, I would just pay the 110$ & save your time since no points means it will not show on your driver license.

Heck, it might cost you more in parking fees at the courtroom or risk getting a parking ticket. lol
Old 03-13-2012, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 w/APX
I live in Toronto as well. Cops get paid to show up to court in Ontario. He will show up. You can be certain of that. If you have no proofs they will most probably throw out the points ( you will get 2 points if convicted which will lead to increased insurance costs for the next 2-3 years). Whatever you do, do not show up to court and call the cop a liar. Judges in Ontario don't like to hear that. They almost always side with the cop, especially with all the punk kid drivers out there joy riding in daddy's car. Simply explain the balding tires and torque of the engine. Most judges don't want to waste the courts time with infractions of this nature and will just ask you to pay a reduced fine. It is worth it to go court. You dont even need a lawyer. Again, the increased insurance costs, not the $100 fine is why you want to defend yourself. Good luck.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:41 PM

2012 C63 w/APX
Having said all that...if you were showboating the power of the car and the cop happened to spot you (you, and only you will know what truly happened) I would get x-copper involved. They are all ex cops and normally know all the judges on a first name basis. They'll get the points thrown out 9 times out of 10 on these types of infractions (with a clean record). It'll cost you about $200. Well worth the additional $50 per month you'll be paying in increased insurance premiums. My 2 cents...
Old 03-14-2012, 02:17 AM

(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

Originally Posted by derspi
You neglected to read the post. He was ticketed for peeling out of an intersection, not for excessive exhaust noise. How much tire squeal will never be known by us - just the OP and the officer that pulled him over will know. I have a hard time believing that it was a split second squeal though, otherwise it would not have caught the attention of the officer that was a few cars back. But like gthal mentioned, we can only speculate.
Well no worries at all, but have a look at the ticket, it ONLY mentions "Excessive Noise"....IF he takes this to court, everything else is irrelevant.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
Hazel/University is right in front of Laurier University. Showing off to some uni chicks huh?

http://maps.google.ca/?ll=43.475084,...163.57,,0,0.34

You probably got laughed at when the cherries lit up.
I was pulled over there. It happened at Phillip St. On a Sunday... not many girls out. My tires are bald and they squeal often, it really was just the cop wanting to make a stink. I hired the ticket defending people, and Im confident this charge will get thrown out. It has no points right now, but no points still shows up on your record. I would've loved to go see any skid marks (if any) which would show I really didn't "Light up the cherries" ... from what I remember from your thread you still have a lot to learn when it comes to skid marks. How can you even comment. You made pathetic skid marks in a subdivision probably filled with little kids... thats not even something I can laugh at.

Last edited by VaclavSV; 03-14-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
I was pulled over there. It happened at Phillip St. On a Sunday... not many girls out. My tires are bald and they squeal often, it really was just the cop wanting to make a stink. I hired the ticket defending people, and Im confident this charge will get thrown out. It has no points right now, but no points still shows up on your record. I would've loved to go see any skid marks (if any) which would show I really didn't "Light up the cherries" ... from what I remember from your thread you still have a lot to learn when it comes to skid marks. How can you even comment. You made pathetic skid marks in a subdivision probably filled with little kids... thats not even something I can laugh at.
"Cherries" are the popo lights son.

Relax... I'm not harping on you. Everyone gets laughed it when they get caught.

All the posters in this thread who say they don't or haven't laid down some 11's here and there are lying...

Fight the ticket, get it thrown out and go do it again.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jasonoff
"Cherries" are the popo lights son.

Relax... I'm not harping on you. Everyone gets laughed it when they get caught.

All the posters in this thread who say they don't or haven't laid down some 11's here and there are lying...

Fight the ticket, get it thrown out and go do it again.
Sorry I thought you meant the tires. And yes it was pretty embarrassing. There was some guys that walked by and said "Stupid White Boy" another person took a picture. LOL not to mention all my friends and family ripping on me. They all had bets on when and what my first ticket would be for.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Slow down.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Sorry I thought you meant the tires. And yes it was pretty embarrassing. There was some guys that walked by and said "Stupid White Boy" another person took a picture. LOL not to mention all my friends and family ripping on me. They all had bets on when and what my first ticket would be for.
it's equivalent to the "walk of shame".
Old 03-14-2012, 07:34 PM

'12 C63 AMG,'11 Lexus RX450H,'10 VW Routan,'09 E92 ///M3 (Sold),'07 E85 Z4 ///M Roadster (Sold)
Hi everyone. Today I was handed my first ticket in the C63 -Ive had it for 7 months now. Anyways The weather is nice here in Waterloo and I was out driving in S+ and in SPORT, on relatively bald snow tires. As I accelerated off the light I got a bit of tire squeal (like 1 second if that). I didn't go past the speed limit. The next thing I know from 5 cars back there is a police car with his lights on and he pulls me over. He told me I was 'Stunt Driving' which is a really bad offence, as well that I was easily '50km/h over the speed limit' which impounds the car. (There was no way I was.. Ever!) I would've been over 100km/h which I definitely wasn't, and he didn't have me on radar or laser since he had to weave around cars to get behind me. I wasn't speeding at all since I wanted people to see me in the car lol. I tried to explain to him humbly that I mistakenly had the traction off and Im on used tires. I came back and issued me a $110 ticket for 'Unnecessary Noise' and told me my option. He told me to keep my driving to the track, which I told him I do, and it would never happen again. He was shocked I owned this type of car. Should I take the ticket and just pay it or go to a hearing with the judge and try to explain that I had no intention on creating the noise? Is there an acceptable level for noise such as a decibel reading? Has anyone had any experience with these types of tickets? Does it affect my insurance?

Heres a picture:
Don't upset and offend the officer by trying to fight this ticket. I hope you realize that officers keep detailed records/journals pertaining to each ticket they write.. for people like you, who try to BS their way out of a ticket. You obviously were NOT driving properly for him to pull out from behind 5 cars and pull you over. You are lucky he only wrote you a ticket for noise.
You are obviously "young" in gathering from what you stated in your post.
Why else would you say he was shocked to see you own such a car. it's not a Ferrari. Its a C63. Sounds like a total attention thread. Nice, it got ME
So take some advice from the older and wiser. Pay the $100 and be done with it.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ctown113
Don't upset and offend the officer by trying to fight this ticket.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So for all of you that said I shouldn't fight it..... Eat your words!!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Hi everyone. Today I was handed my first ticket in the C63 -Ive had it for 7 months now. Anyways The weather is nice here in Waterloo and I was out driving in S+ and in SPORT, on relatively bald snow tires. As I accelerated off the light I got a bit of tire squeal (like 1 second if that). I didn't go past the speed limit. The next thing I know from 5 cars back there is a police car with his lights on and he pulls me over. He told me I was 'Stunt Driving' which is a really bad offence, as well that I was easily '50km/h over the speed limit' which impounds the car. (There was no way I was.. Ever!) I would've been over 100km/h which I definitely wasn't, and he didn't have me on radar or laser since he had to weave around cars to get behind me. I wasn't speeding at all since I wanted people to see me in the car lol. I tried to explain to him humbly that I mistakenly had the traction off and Im on used tires. I came back and issued me a $110 ticket for 'Unnecessary Noise' and told me my option. He told me to keep my driving to the track, which I told him I do, and it would never happen again. He was shocked I owned this type of car. Should I take the ticket and just pay it or go to a hearing with the judge and try to explain that I had no intention on creating the noise? Is there an acceptable level for noise such as a decibel reading? Has anyone had any experience with these types of tickets? Does it affect my insurance?

Heres a picture:

As long as your car is stock ... it's a bull**** ticket ... maybe they should take their issue up with MB ... seems like you did nothing wrong.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W204 C63 R171
So what methods did you use... also the first time they cave easier... Second ticket you try and fight they will put up more of a fight.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Always fight them

Old 07-05-2012, 05:51 PM

2012 C63
file it for not guilty, and when you go to court take the crowns decreased guilty fine...thats wat i do...its usuallly half the price...and gets cheaper if u tell them ur a student
Old 07-05-2012, 05:54 PM

2012 C63 w/APX

nice, you always have to fight tickets. what's the worst outcome...you end up having to pay the fine and you get the points. The outcome will never be worse than the original infraction.
good job, just take it easy next time...
Old 07-05-2012, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Well done!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63
Your follow-up on this thread only highlights how much of a clown you really are. The issue was never about whether you'd win in court, it was about whether or not you should be fighting it at all because you were showboating on public roads and got caught. Unless you like spending time in traffic court to fight and/or hope for a no-show from the cop in the future, I'd suggest toning it down on public roads.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 PM

(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Thumbs up

Congratulations on your result....many people won't fight it because they can't handle the stress/don't want to go through all the drama etc....so they just "pay & forget".
Well Done, Pickles.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Always fight them

Nice work, OP

Guilty, does that mean that this is a case of username fail?

I am in the process of refuting my ticket from the day I picked up this car so we'll see how that goes. I already sent in a declaration but I haven't heard anything else yet.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:41 PM

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 C63S AMG
Congrats on the results... I'm surprised by the number of prudes on the forum who think a small amount of tire squeal is a massive offense!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by derspi
Your follow-up on this thread only highlights how much of a clown you really are. The issue was never about whether you'd win in court, it was about whether or not you should be fighting it at all because you were showboating on public roads and got caught. Unless you like spending time in traffic court to fight and/or hope for a no-show from the cop in the future, I'd suggest toning it down on public roads.
If you own a C63 AMG, you should give it back.

Just sayin'

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I Got A Ticket... Need Advice!