Sponsored by:

Who's BS Got Taken for a Joyride?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 09:50 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Hmmm...not good.

I also have nothing but good things to say about Star Motors, although their service group I did get pissed at them, I thought they handled my issues poorly. It has to be said, though, who was the shop foreman who handed over the keys to a mechanic and a guy holding a camera? Never a good sign...
Old 04-13-2012, 09:57 PM

2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Star Motors has responded about an hour agon on autoblog:

We at Star Motors of Ottawa take this posting very seriously. Yves Laberge, General Manager and Jeff Mierins, Owner of Star Motors of Ottawa do not condone the actions on this video. Within minutes of learning about the recording, the two individuals involved were brought in for explanations and disciplinary actions. We also contacted the customer who purchased the vehicle and informed him of this incident. As a certified race car driver, he understands that power can make people do irrational things.
We sincerely regret the events that have unfolded today. An internal investigation into this matter has been opened. In the coming days, we will be revisiting internal processes and meeting with all staff to convey the absolute importance of this occurrence. We are committed to customer satisfaction and are prepared to take the necessary steps to provide customers with the best service possible and the confidence they deserve.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Cool. And the owner is a certified racer?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:10 PM

2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Cool. And the owner is a certified racer?

I have met him also at one of the AMG Academy track days...a real nice guy who is a huge car nut.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I'm jelly.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
My car had about 30kms on it when I picked it up. I'm sure they gave it some gas when they were testing it... but like they say... "out of sight, out of mind"

But man 8+ minutes of pushing a brand new car is bad bad bad!

At 5:26 they go flying over the railroad tracks.... Just before the bounces the car off the limiter.

I'd be pissssssssssed!

Last edited by Rsquad911; 04-14-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
This is ridiculous. I'd be fuming. I know it isn't detrimental for the car, but it's employees like this that do a half *** job when you go service your car, let alone leave it there. I'd definitely ask for some sort of compensation. Tires and a compression check before taking delivery of the car. They didn't even warm the car before smashing on the throttle. I would be ashamed of myself for such an action.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
That's a great trait and while your at it, I want new tires to cover this fiasco and some amg caps and hoodies and the first oil changes.

LOL @ ppl being **** over a car
Not everyone feels the same as you when they spend $130,000+ on something. I would be annoyed immensely if it was my car (not a dealer inventory vehicle) as it is not their decision to abuse my car.

Another example... you buy a new house and before you take possession, the real estate agent throws a big party in the house and then takes her boyfriend into the bedroom and "breaks in" your new bed for you... maybe leaving behind a little DNA evidence in the process. I bet you wouldn't be very happy. This is no different in my view.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by gthal
Not everyone feels the same as you when they spend $130,000+ on something. I would be annoyed immensely if it was my car (not a dealer inventory vehicle) as it is not their decision to abuse my car.

Another example... you buy a new house and before you take possession, the real estate agent throws a big party in the house and then takes her boyfriend into the bedroom and "breaks in" your new bed for you... maybe leaving behind a little DNA evidence in the process. I bet you wouldn't be very happy. This is no different in my view.
+1, no doubt, two big a-ho's. People have spent big bucks for this "limited addition" and have waited many months for its delivery.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG

+63!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350

^^Well said gthal!

As I said rlier, sadly these kind of "test drive" happens everyday.. we just dont know about it.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C63S E1 (sold 2012 C63 AMG Sedan (Premium & APX)) & 09 C300 Sport 4Matic
I would refuse taking delivery of the car as a matter of principle.

This behavior is inexcusable. My assumptions are that MB Canada is delivering a serious dressing down to the dealer principle and will probably be warning all the other dealers at their next get together.

In my case, I followed the car from Autoport to the dealer (live in Halifax) and made sure it was not driven by checking the odometer when it came off the truck.

Prior to me taking delivery I took it for a gentle spin. I found a couple of bugs with the car and had to wait till they got the parts from Germany before I took final delivery of the car.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by Pit-Pony
I would refuse taking delivery of the car as a matter of principle.

This behavior is inexcusable. My assumptions are that MB Canada is delivering a serious dressing down to the dealer principle and will probably be warning all the other dealers at their next get together.

In my case, I followed the car from Autoport to the dealer (live in Halifax) and made sure it was not driven by checking the odometer when it came off the truck.

Prior to me taking delivery I took it for a gentle spin. I found a couple of bugs with the car and had to wait till they got the parts from Germany before I took final delivery of the car.
I also believe that the guys at our particular dealership would never do this anyway. I might be wrong but I would be shocked given the techs I know there, the service advisers and the GM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Sorry guys I took the video down as I feel its done its duty. It made those aware of their mistakes, and fuelled lots of controversy. At this point the damage is done and I didn't want the two techs who were involved to have to live with it on youtube for much longer -we all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. I hope you all understand.

ps. I will once again apologize for my derogatory analogy on page 4 even though I admitted to going to far shortly after... that was my mistake and I owned up to it.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:50 PM

SLS 63 E 63
For all the people on here who trashed the tech(s) who "quote/unquote" went for a joyride.... YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!! Not one of you can tell me, given the chance, you wouldn't do the same, if not worse. Besides WATCH the vidio again. He didn't tailgate, he signaled for all turns, he didn't go over the train tacks excessively fast, or anything abusive to the car. How was any damage done? Was it a dirt road he was on? Did you hear rocks hiting the car? Stone chips etc? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! People need to get a life!! Its a MERCEDES BENZ!!! Its not a Ford, a GM or any other inferior product. It's an AMG made to handle a hell of a lot more abuse!! The REV limiter is just that!! A REV LIMITER!! IT PROTECTS THE ENGINE! DUH!!!

Besisdes its takes more then 1Km to do a proper PDI!!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
lol, this above post must be from the driver or passenger,
Old 04-14-2012, 03:09 PM

C63, CLS550, CLK BS, Sprinter Passenger Van, Odyssey
Originally Posted by vdubpower
lol, this above post must be from the driver or passenger,
This is going to get worst. Why comment here?????? I guess he has not learned his lesson. Repost the video please!
Old 04-14-2012, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Lulz.

SLS63AMG, there is something you obviously don't understand. When you have someone's permission or it's a track day, then "joyriding" is to be expected. When it's not yours and you didn't have permission, STAY THE F*** AWAY. The only exception to this rule is a rental car, but they expect that.

It's like saying, "Well, sir, I wined and dined your daughter, took her to a romantic movie, lit the candles at home, and made love to her with her consent." What the father will be pissed about is you just took his 16 year old daughter's virginity.

I don't care how much road etiquette you displayed with your turn signals etc., you took someone else's car for an unsanctioned ride for your own amusement in a manner in which the owner of the dealership and owner of the car should be upset. If it was a "normal" test ride, none of this would have happened. However, your stupidity got the best of you - taking the ride in the first place and posting it on YouTube.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:28 PM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
Originally Posted by SLS63AMG
For all the people on here who trashed the tech(s) who "quote/unquote" went for a joyride.... YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!! Not one of you can tell me, given the chance, you wouldn't do the same, if not worse. Besides WATCH the vidio again. He didn't tailgate, he signaled for all turns, he didn't go over the train tacks excessively fast, or anything abusive to the car. How was any damage done? Was it a dirt road he was on? Did you hear rocks hiting the car? Stone chips etc? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! People need to get a life!! Its a MERCEDES BENZ!!! Its not a Ford, a GM or any other inferior product. It's an AMG made to handle a hell of a lot more abuse!! The REV limiter is just that!! A REV LIMITER!! IT PROTECTS THE ENGINE! DUH!!!

lol, and this thread just got better; eh?
Old 04-14-2012, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Thanks for setting us straight SLS63AMG, were you the camera man??? Its not your property and you didnt wait months for delivery and then have two dicks start trashing your car, they broke traction constantly (tires dont like the cold weather?) took it to the limiter which there is a break in period for the tranny and diff and since its not a big deal why dont you lend out your car to some of us............
Old 04-14-2012, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500

OK Mr 1st post!

You're probably one the idiots who were in the car!

I hope you lose your job... Better yet, We'll submit the video to the OPP and pray you get charged for reckless driving!!! Then you "really wouldn't have a license"

Last edited by Rsquad911; 04-14-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by Rsquad911
OK Mr 1st post!

You're probably one the idiots who were in the car!

I hope you lose your job... Better yet get charged for reckless driving and then you "really wouldn't have a license"
lol, the IP of SLS63AMG is from Ottowa.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
This is why you need to put a camera in your car when it goes in for maintenance.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV

Does this post make anyone else think....? And shockingly, 1 post, join date april 2012.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1998 E320

Originally Posted by nlpamg
lol, the IP of SLS63AMG is from Ottowa.
lolol this is gonna be great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Who's BS Got Taken for a Joyride?