Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some ENTHUSIASTS opinion.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, 911 Carrera S(991), C63BS
How much knowledge do you have about the politics and personal dynamics of this particular BMW dealership? What types of cars are the other employees and managers driving? Have you ever discussed this issue with some of your new co-workers on a confidential basis? I cannot imagine that everyone there drives a BMW to work. If that was the case, there may be a bunch of absences everyday due to "car problems".

The point I am trying to make is that you should not make a decision about your dream car without all of the necessary facts at your disposal. Why not delay the C63 order a bit (if that is possible) and give yourself some time working at the dealership. You will then be in a better position to determine the most prudent course. Meanwhile, maybe you can borrow one of the BMW's your family drives.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Originally Posted by LangeOne
How much knowledge do you have about the politics and personal dynamics of this particular BMW dealership? What types of cars are the other employees and managers driving? Have you ever discussed this issue with some of your new co-workers on a confidential basis? I cannot imagine that everyone there drives a BMW to work. If that was the case, there may be a bunch of absences everyday due to "car problems".

The point I am trying to make is that you should not make a decision about your dream car without all of the necessary facts at your disposal. Why not delay the C63 order a bit (if that is possible) and give yourself some time working at the dealership. You will then be in a better position to determine the most prudent course. Meanwhile, maybe you can borrow one of the BMW's your family drives.
That's a great idea! Maybe holding off and understanding the dealership dynamics would be better. I never thought of that! I haven't emailed my Sales Advisor yet. I will make sure to do that first thing in the morning! Thank so much!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Lots of good insight on this thread
Old 05-08-2012, 11:05 PM

2011 e90 m3
lease the F10 M5 or X6M.... then you will not miss the 'loss of low end torque' in the M3 vs C63.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:06 AM

Ohh, I was in a head/heart situation, went with heart. Best decision EVA! c63 it is and would do it again and again.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
If you just recently landed a job for a dealership(BMW in this case) and had a '13 C63 coupe on order in Diamond Grey(I think that's what it's called) with almost all the goodies but could get an M3 for cheaper with an employee discount(because of your new job) which would you choose? Your heart is set on a C63 and it's your dream car, but the M3 will be much cheaper and have a shorter lease period so you get a new car, sooner(27 months vs 36 months). I ask this here because this place is a true enthusiasts are at. I've asked some specific people, but I wanted to open this up.

P.S. You've test driven both vehicles and your heart is still with the AMG. Would you pick up your dream car or save the money and go the other way?
Trust me...if you don't work out at the dealership, they will fire your *** in a second. Buy what you want unless BMW is going to make you an offer you can't refuse.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:23 AM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
When it comes to automobiles, the heart usually leads the head. If you want the C63, it doesn't matter how much you try to convince yourself to love the M3, it might never happen. If this job is not a "career," get the C63. If your manager has any passion for cars, he may even appreciate your excellent taste in automobiles.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
I'll ask the other obvious question...were there no openings at a local MB dealership?
They didn't want him.

That's why he went to work for shiitty W. The Most powerful letter in the alphabet .

That's why its 2nd in AMG.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
They didn't want him.

That's why he went to work for shiitty W. The Most powerful letter in the alphabet .

That's why its 2nd in AMG.
Or there weren't an jobs available. The C63 is an awesome car, which is why I have one ordered. Why can't you be helpful like everyone else? Do you enjoy being an ***?

Originally Posted by Thrilla
When it comes to automobiles, the heart usually leads the head. If you want the C63, it doesn't matter how much you try to convince yourself to love the M3, it might never happen. If this job is not a "career," get the C63. If your manager has any passion for cars, he may even appreciate your excellent taste in automobiles.
I can agree with that. This job is in no way a 'Career'.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 05-09-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:08 AM

GLK, future C63 owner
It looks like the M3 it is. All the points that have been made out favor the AMG. Given a few years time, I'll hopefully be able to pick up a W204. I'll go ahead and email my sales advisor and let him know that I'll be canceling my order. I really appreciate all the help, everyone.Thank you all very much.
...is this a joke or are you simply trying to "troll" another forum? Didn't you waste a few months on M3Post and Bimmerfest trying to pretend that you supposedly "ordered" a Porsche Cayman, then cancelled an order, then you were supposedly about to order a new M3 which again you supposedly cancelled, before appearing here and trying to pretend again that you were ordering a new C63? Now you're again trying to pretend that you're cancelling your C63 order and AGAIN will be trying to order an M3???
You're either a very, very stupid person (if you're actually still going in circles, pre-ordering then cancelling your car pre-orders) or a lame excuse for a troll, there's no other choice to describe you...

Last edited by Car drvr; 05-09-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by Car drvr
...is this a joke or are you simply trying to "troll" another forum? Didn't you waste a few months on M3Post and Bimmerfest trying to pretend that you supposedly "ordered" a Porsche Cayman, then cancelled an order, then you were supposedly about to order a new M3 which again you supposedly cancelled, before appearing here and trying to pretend again that you were ordering a new C63? Now you're again trying to pretend that you're cancelling your C63 order and AGAIN will be trying to order an M3???
You're either a very, very stupid person (if you're actually still going in circles, pre-ordering then cancelling your car pre-orders) or a lame excuse for a troll, there's no other choice to describe you...
I thought he had a C63 already?
Old 05-09-2012, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
As others have said, I just don't want to sound like I contradict myself. 'So you're suggesting I buy a BMW but you drive a Mercedes?" I won't be taken very seriously.
I get what you're saying but I can't imagine customers caring about what brand of car the seller's employee is driving. Most customers aren't looking at these details.

I say get whatever car you can afford and love the most. No offense but BMW NA probably doesn't care what car you drive and the owner of a dealership would be asking too much if he/she somehow harbored feelings about the brand of car driven by his/her employees and let them affect his treatment of said employees.

That said, if you get the M3 you can probably count on receiving excellent maintenance/service, which is worth a ton IMO.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
That's a great idea! Maybe holding off and understanding the dealership dynamics would be better. I never thought of that! I haven't emailed my Sales Advisor yet. I will make sure to do that first thing in the morning! Thank so much!
@LangeOne makes good points.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
This job is in no way a 'Career'.
Then you're overthinking this whole thing.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
As I read through this thread, my opinion is more and more you should stick with the C63. Not only is it the better DD car IMO, it is the car you want. You had it on order before taking the BMW job so who are they to say you can't own it.

Also, if you cancel this order then it might be hard to order anything again with credibility (unless you go to a BMW/MB/Porsche dealer that doesn't know you). But in all seriousness, as others said, buying a car is more about "heart" than "head"... go with your heart.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Absolutely, which is why I've decided to hold off. I don't want an M3 so I'll just pause it until I Get a better understanding of the work environment. Not everyone at the dealership drives a BMW anyway. I feel like I'd be kicking myself for not getting the car I really want. Sales rep has been emailed about holding off for just a little bit. I'll be happier if I get the car that I really want.

Thanks again for all the help.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
I was very stupid. Young and very stupid.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Then you're overthinking this whole thing.
I think you're right.

Originally Posted by gthal
As I read through this thread, my opinion is more and more you should stick with the C63. Not only is it the better DD car IMO, it is the car you want. You had it on order before taking the BMW job so who are they to say you can't own it.

Also, if you cancel this order then it might be hard to order anything again with credibility (unless you go to a BMW/MB/Porsche dealer that doesn't know you). But in all seriousness, as others said, buying a car is more about "heart" than "head"... go with your heart.
Totally correct. I'm not canceling. SA told me he can wait a little before putting in the order, I'd lose my spot but that's a small price to pay.

I Greatly appreciate everyone's help. Thank you so much.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 76 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
Originally Posted by b16
To go completely off topic here, that looks like turn 10 at THill?
b16 --no, this was taken at Summit Point (SPR) in West Virginia.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:57 PM

2019 Audi TT RS, 2020 BMW X3M Competition
Thought the same thing. This is getting a bit ridiculous.

Last edited by bmoney12; 05-10-2012 at 08:18 PM.