C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

2012 C63 Black Series front bumper and fenders?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 06:16 PM

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Black Series, Magno Alanite Grey
Not sure how I feel about the normal sedans and coupes trying to get the black series look. Plus, with the back end not flared out, it would look very strange.

-F
Old 05-11-2012, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
That estate looks nice
Old 05-11-2012, 06:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M156
A quick PS. I prefer the prefacelift headlights.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:42 PM

2012 C63 Coupe
I would love to see that happen. I have been in contact with Ken from Revozport to make a replica of the BS bumper for myself. they agreed to do it but never heard back from them.. I was even quoted and was given an estimated time for how long it will take them to make it. Then they just disappeared. I called left voice massages, sent emails asking for how i can pay to get the project rolling.... heard nothing back

I'm in love with the BS body Kit everything about it. the hood, the front/rear bumpers, the finders etc. I think it looks bad a$$!

I know your making the hood and would love it if you could do a replica of the whole thing. and if you need help in anyway im more then happy to assist.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Fiat Abarth
theturkster have you seen what vorsteiner has planned for the coupe .. also looks good
Old 05-11-2012, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
I am in the process of getting the necessary parts and will advise when they are here. Then we can talk more about it. I really just wanted the fenders because I need a larger front tire for road racing.

I believe there are others that are working on the BS hood project and I will advise when I find out.

I am still waiting on HMS for the rear fender package as previously mentioned. You can have a local body shop do the rear like Josh and I did. Then the fronts will look more in line. Looks awesome and mine allows 335's on the rear for everyday driving.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'16 A45 AMG
Originally Posted by Sirex63
Can anybody photoshop it so I can figure out how it would look on previous headlights !

If so, I'm in. Good job Keith !
I did that a few month ago

Old 05-11-2012, 08:01 PM

2012 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by c63edition1
theturkster have you seen what vorsteiner has planned for the coupe .. also looks good
I did. looks really nice, but IMO it lacks the mean aggressive look of the BS kit. The car differently needs a wide body kit. Not just for the look but it'll allow us to run wider tires which the car needs bad.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by callmiro
As opposed to tearing off your complete front end, re-installing new fenders and bumper, realigning everything and then doing body work, sanding, smoothing and repainting to match?
I agree with you - I think it would be a bit pointless to do the front without the rear when the rear is both an aesthetic and traction/handling win. My point was that the entire front clip need only be sprayed and bolted on, whereas the rear flares require welding, bondo, etc. to doors and fender, as well as custom skirts and rear bumper work.

Any shop could do the front. The rear requires talent.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Agree with above. I think we need to look at flaring the rear as well.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:21 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
Any shop could do the front. The rear requires talent.
Yeah I would have to agree with you as well. I don't know, but from my perspective it's far less scary to bolt on parts as opposed to what is involved with the rear quarter conversion. It could look outta wack without modifying the rear, but who knows it may not look any more abnormal than it is now.

If I read right, the front track of the BS is +1.6" wider.

Anyhow, looking forward to hearing more about this as it develops.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:41 AM

AMG
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
oooooohhh shut the f up you big cry baby...cars get modded all the time, thats the fun and hobby of it all... it's not like it's some kind of religion. Blasphemy...LOL stop crying. Those who have the BS will have enough ways to identify that they paid through the nose for it so don't worry you little b1tch...

The BS is sweet, what better way to emulate the design of a legend. That's like saying every owner of a 328i with M3 rims will disgrace the M3.

The c63 will be just that and the BS will be a BS.
Wow .... Was just sharing my opinion , not crying ....
Why did you feel the need to insult me ? Sounds like you are the guy crying coz you cant get a BS ....

Again , I was just sharing my opinion and I dont think your answer was appropriated ....
Old 05-12-2012, 08:15 AM

oooooohhh shut the f up you big cry baby...cars get modded all the time, thats the fun and hobby of it all... it's not like it's some kind of religion. Blasphemy...LOL stop crying. Those who have the BS will have enough ways to identify that they paid through the nose for it so don't worry you little b1tch...

The BS is sweet, what better way to emulate the design of a legend. That's like saying every owner of a 328i with M3 rims will disgrace the M3.

The c63 will be just that and the BS will be a BS.
Who pissed in your Cornflakes !!!

Emulate a legend ??? Didn't the car just come out a few weeks ago?

Sounds like you have some pent up issues that someone tapped in to.

G
Old 05-12-2012, 09:34 PM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by Jycke
I think the BS should be special and not be imitated. This should be especially obvious in this forum. However that's just my opinion.
Its so funny how some new BS owners feel threatened by this. HAhA its quite funny actually

BTW I am getting a BS, and I still think dad should definitely make a BS looking like rear fenders and front bumper.

Last edited by Djovovic63; 05-12-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:39 PM

2013 Fiat Abarth
imo .. the black series is not MILES and MILES off of a regular c63 coupe .. the body kit, spoiler, steering wheel, ECU tune, badges here and there, Rims, all in all, you could turn up with an IDENTICAL product for 15-20 K .. not a worth the 40k premium MB is charging .. with all do respect to BS owners !!
and the 15-20k guesstimate is pushing it even .. i think 10-15k you could duplicate the looks.

what im tryna say is look at a regular carrera and a GT3 RS .. thats a difference worth shelling out the extra bucks for !
Old 05-12-2012, 11:22 PM

C63 AMG
I would seriously consider buying this. The thing I didn't like about the BS is that they practically stripped the interior comforts down. I'd love to have a sedan with the aggressive look. The P31 would be enough for me and the double pricepoint of the BS coupe is way too much.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:30 PM

C63 w/p30; MHP ECU tune+header+mids+CF air intake duct+Akrapovic+wide body kit+ Vorsteiner VS110
Talking

Thanks for your PS! It looks great! I'm so sure that's what I want!
Originally Posted by CZ55

Old 05-13-2012, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by CZ55

this angle looks really awesome. I wonder how the rear would look when the back is considerably more narrow
Old 05-13-2012, 07:23 AM

2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
Originally Posted by c63edition1
imo .. the black series is not MILES and MILES off of a regular c63 coupe .. the body kit, spoiler, steering wheel, ECU tune, badges here and there, Rims, all in all, you could turn up with an IDENTICAL product for 15-20 K .. not a worth the 40k premium MB is charging .. with all do respect to BS owners !!
and the 15-20k guesstimate is pushing it even .. i think 10-15k you could duplicate the looks.

what im tryna say is look at a regular carrera and a GT3 RS .. thats a difference worth shelling out the extra bucks for !
A similar discussion occurred on a different forum, and the following was the response from an AMG product manager.

"In regard to the 44k premium over a regular C63 coupe...here is the short list of why that is actually a hell of a deal when you consider the cost to do the following:
- create a different M156 engine variant than anything else in the AMG stable and cooling system that is different than the standard C63
- re-engineer both the front and rear suspensions and develop coil-overs
- re-engineer the brakes so that we could put the same size rotors as the SLS
- create an new aluminium hood with functional intakes
- create composite fenders on the front and stamp new steel for the rear quarters
- create new front and rear fascias that have function venting
- create a new exhaust
- create new forged wheels
- develop a unique interior livery and rear seat delete changes

and of course all of the testing that needed to be done to validate all of the above...

this does not even take into account the optional items that are included in the price such as carbon trim, alcantara wheel, lighting package, multimedia package, limited slip diff, remaining components of the development package and so on...these alone are over $14k"

He forgot to mention the E63 half shafts, and a few other bits that contribute to the 44K premium. I had a C63 sedan before getting the BS. I feel the sedan was intended to be a stealth saloon. Some prefer a more aggressive look. So I understand the interest in the BS body kit for the sedan owners. I don't think BS owners should be bothered by this("threatened", as someone mentioned, seems a bit inappropriate. This isn't a fight). Imitation should be flattering, not insulting. I will agree with you 100% when you mentioned that for 10-15K, you could replicate the LOOKS. Granted, for 44K, you could transform a regular C63 coupe into something completely insane. I guess you could say the BS owners are also paying for all the RnD that went into the car, as well as the limited production cost.

Last edited by NellyRod; 05-13-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
BS owners are "cool" for acquiring one. That's great for them. Kudos for being persistent. It doesn't go to say that many, many other forum members or enthusiasts couldn't of gone one financially speaking. They just didn't think it was that much more Godly and amazing than lets say a P31 C63 Coupe. A LOT of people didn't rush to claw for a acquisition because they just didn't feel it is worth it, not that if they were persistent enough, couldn't get one. If they wanted one that bad, it could be done. Is it rare? Yes and that makes it definitely special because not a lot are being made.

Now the people who bought one better damn well be on the track with it day and night and not just be driving to 7/11 and Starbucks with it because the track is exactly what it was meant for. Unless you paid through the nose to just say, "look at me, look what I got", it's not necessary to have $40K+ of baddass race options to drive around the potholed streets of Toronto or New York with. There are people who have purchased the BS and have hit the track the next morning with it. Now they NEED a BS and I would much rather have them get my hypothetical allocation that have me get one and drive it to the grocery store and Walmart and CandC and just sit there and say,"look at what I have. Aren't I baddass?"

But the C63 Coupe is just as enough of a performance vehicle on the city streets and just as much as a head turner for a savings of $40K++...

Again, the owners of a BS are "cool". More respect and admiration to those that track the snot out of it because that's what you are paying for. Many of us could of bought one just for show off rights but chose not to because it wouldn't be doing the car and price difference justice...

I think having the fender kit made would be awesome for those who don't want to throw to waste $40k++ of performance and just have the look and tear up the track or city streets as well...

Again kudos to BS owners. Great car, awesome race and track options...I just hope that you are getting the most out of it instead of just sitting in your garage and emptying your 401k just to stare at it or burning out sti owners from red light to red light...

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 05-13-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:54 PM

My shop is actually building a C63 black look alike, front as well.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Now the people who bought one better damn well be on the track with it day and night and not just be driving to 7/11
Funny, here's my drive to 7-11 last night haha.

It's pretty damn fun in the streets too lol.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Yah totally. Who are you to tell people what they should and shouldnt do with their car? What does it matter? Dont mean to perpetuate this nonsense but there is only one person here who seems to be causing trouble about why people have which car and what people can afford - no one cares but you bud, move on.

To the OP, this kit would be a hit I'm sure. I personally dont really believe in "replicating" a BS and wouldnt do it, but for the tire purposes, and looks purposes...put a "replica kit" BS C63 sedan next to a stock one, and the "replica" will look absolutely off the charts ridiculous Im sure. Go for it!!! Nothing looks better than OEM, in my opinion, cleanest way to get what you want functionally without looking "modded".
Old 05-13-2012, 08:19 PM

2013 Fiat Abarth
Originally Posted by NellyRod
A similar discussion occurred on a different forum, and the following was the response from an AMG product manager.

"In regard to the 44k premium over a regular C63 coupe...here is the short list of why that is actually a hell of a deal when you consider the cost to do the following:
- create a different M156 engine variant than anything else in the AMG stable and cooling system that is different than the standard C63
- re-engineer both the front and rear suspensions and develop coil-overs
- re-engineer the brakes so that we could put the same size rotors as the SLS
- create an new aluminium hood with functional intakes
- create composite fenders on the front and stamp new steel for the rear quarters
- create new front and rear fascias that have function venting
- create a new exhaust
- create new forged wheels
- develop a unique interior livery and rear seat delete changes

and of course all of the testing that needed to be done to validate all of the above...

this does not even take into account the optional items that are included in the price such as carbon trim, alcantara wheel, lighting package, multimedia package, limited slip diff, remaining components of the development package and so on...these alone are over $14k"

He forgot to mention the E63 half shafts, and a few other bits that contribute to the 44K premium. I had a C63 sedan before getting the BS. I feel the sedan was intended to be a stealth saloon. Some prefer a more aggressive look. So I understand the interest in the BS body kit for the sedan owners. I don't think BS owners should be bothered by this("threatened", as someone mentioned, seems a bit inappropriate. This isn't a fight). Imitation should be flattering, not insulting. I will agree with you 100% when you mentioned that for 10-15K, you could replicate the LOOKS. Granted, for 44K, you could transform a regular C63 coupe into something completely insane. I guess you could say the BS owners are also paying for all the RnD that went into the car, as well as the limited production cost.
what you mentioned is gold .. it ends up being a stock vs modded argument .. we'll both have similar products, but yours was intended to do what it does, while mine is being pushed to do so .. kinda thing :P
Old 05-13-2012, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by rage2
Funny, here's my drive to 7-11 last night haha.

It's pretty damn fun in the streets too lol.
Looking good doin' it! Keep up the errands on some hott wheels!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 C63 Black Series front bumper and fenders?