Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by dodger63
petro proved that your wrong, and dont post misleading info

No he did not. Again throwing your BS around here as usual.

Petro had his MBH headers with an MHP tune. IT WASN'T A MATCHED TUNE. He later switched the headers and recieved a revised tune ( two additional mods) and only improved to 0.1s. Had he kept his MBH headers and got the same tune matched for his headers, he would have improved much more, FACT.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by M156Beast

Petro had his MBH headers with an MHP tune. IT WASN'T A MATCHED TUNE. He later switched the headers and recieved a revised tune ( two additional mods) and only improved to 0.1s. Had he kept his MBH headers and got the same tune matched for his headers, he would have improved much more, FACT.

Hey Mr Caps Lock, you running a blower or headers? Whats your setup?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by M156Beast

You were there?
Old 11-15-2012, 05:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
God I love how the MBH headers sound on the M156

MBH all the way baby. If they had a set for the SLS AMG, I would have bought one definitely.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
American racing headers and Eurocharged tune.
I thought they only had headers for the CLK BS?
Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dads C63
I think you guys are missing the point here. My post said the best header for an N/A car. You will lose torque and performance with the MBH header vs MHP N/A. The total HP output may be similar but your torque curve will be stronger with the smaller primaries and collector. Your SOTP feel and 1/4 mile performance will be stronger N/A with the MHP. If you go with a blower from Weistec then the larger primary may work better. I don't have any proof of that but I understand the engineering behind it. You pick what you like but on the exact same car, exact same day, the N/A car will out perform with MHP vs MBH. With a S/C car that may not be the case. I believe that if you ask Steve at Weistec which is better N/A you will hear MHP.

Good luck with your mods!!
That's what I thought too but someone here posted some dyno curves, same dyno, same car but MHP and MBH headers being the only difference. I laid the curves over each other and was surprised to see virtually NO difference in the shape of the curves. I'm not talking peak HP but just about whether one set delivered more low-end power than the other and whether the other was more peaky...but like I said, the shape of the curves was essentially identical. Perhaps the displacement renders some considerations moot.