where to buy maybach centre cabs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 T Modell
where to buy maybach centre cabs?

Hi
I want some maybach centre caps for my wheels, but can't find them. I think at the dealer ship I can't buy them. Any suggestions?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Hello.

Why?

Get a plain center cap and get a professional sticker shop to give you the right sticker with the right dimensions. But why?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63BS, 991 C2S, F86 X6M
Im pretty new here but now I understand what merc63 means when he says he misses the old school guys.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:51 PM

C63 T Modell
Just to bring people a bit down, I'd like to have the caps because they represent my initials. Just want to find out how it matches with my car but can not find any caps neither on Alibaba nor on Ebay.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
I can get you a set but they are very expensive (for center caps)
PM me if you're interested
Old 02-03-2013, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by 604 C63
Yes you are but wtf does that have to do with anything?
Dude wants what dude wants. Don't like it? Suck it up and move on.
If nobody tried anything unique we would all be driving Honda Accords.

This site is a resource for all, not a resource for all YOU are interested in.
We can't all be wondering about TSW rims (the only thread you've started) and many of those of us who are can figure out how to use google image search.
Friggin guy is gawking at TSW's and hacking on a guy over his choice of centre caps. Thats rich. There isnt anything wrong with TSW's other than the fact there are about a billion of them on the planet. At least the OP is trying to do something a little more unique.

Wanna run a smart mouth? I can go 0-60 jackhole with the best of them so rev down.
Wow is this some sort of joke? You sound like some guy who poured his life savings into a replica maybach cap company or something. RELAX.

What's that other thread got to do with anything? I was trying to identify some wheels that were on a car my friend was interested in purchasing. You call this site "a resource for all" right? That's some logic right there. Yeah you're right, I can't go "0-60" with that kind of genius.

OP- Sorry for crapping your thread. It's just most people will think you are being a poser by putting maybach caps on your car that's all, whether they are your initials or not.

Last edited by whoadude; 02-03-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 PM

2011 C63, 2006 STi(sold)
Old 02-03-2013, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Hopefully you get that yeast infection taken care cuz you sound like an irritated **nt

Riiiiiight. So you just stepped in to this thread, right behind the OP, and say (absolutely apropos of nothing) "Im pretty new here but now I understand what merc63 means when he says he misses the old school guys" and you weren't taking a shot? Spare me. I was born in the day, but not yesterday.

This is what you said that was valid: "most people will think you are being a poser by putting maybach caps on your car that's all, whether they are your initials or not". The other remark was not helpful in any way and was just snarky. I agree that you have every right to ask about any wheel you want, just like OP has the right to ask about any cap. My point was that you have started one thread, CONTRIBUTED zip, and you're already making like you're bored and/or bothered by people asking such questions. CONTRIBUTE something, don't just ask questions and be snide about other peoples.

Wanna more talk of racing and high performance? Get out there and race, get under the hood, whip out your check book AND THEN POST ABOUT IT. If you don't like the content then create some you do. Make your input positive and not just smarmy. What I don't like here is those kind of responses so Im doing what I can and pointing out that they are worse than no response at all, which is always an option if you don't have anything else to say. We don't need Statler & Waldorf sitting in the balcony cracking wise. And if you cant follow that kind of genius, then don't be expecting much help from people around here.

And Propain, re the bmw guys - I think that is a function of the refresh cycle that BMW is on vs MBs. They just hit a whole new round of product, the owners are probably a little more enthusiastic and so they are 'out there' a little more. And personally, I notice them more cos they're newer, tho from a distance I cant tell a 3 from a 5. Theyve been out long enough now that the enthusiasts have had time to get them and dial them in. MB has a ton of new product in the wings and when that comes out there will be some more spark. I will say this tho: all the turbo action over at BMW makes them super easy to crank. Just dial up the boost and go dog go.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Confirm if the hub circle on the Maybach is the same as the Merc and I can pick you up a set quite cheap but you're best bet is to get plain center caps and do the sticker thing I told you above. With a good shop they will look nice and much cheaper than the OEM ones.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB; 55KCL AMG, SL550 SLS AMG G500 Cabrio 280SL ML350 CLS550 ML500 E55 AMG CL500 S600 SLK32 AMG
I have Maybach headrests in my CL, that fit perfectly. Seeing as the seats/headrests (and many other parts <speedo, door pins, etc...> are directly interchangeable for the W220/W215 models) and they had to custom stitch/and make them from scratch through an authorized Maybach/Mercedes dealerhip that can get Maybach parts....$3,400 for the two front headrests. Whoever doesn't know, won't, but I do....and I love them. Just like how I have an SLR Mclaren fighter plane flip cap Push to Start shift knob that illuminates red light also on my CL. That alone was nearly $3K just for the knob and boot. I don't care, I love it. Who else turns their Mercedes on like that besides the guy that spend over half a million on his SLR? I like being unique....yet still using OEM parts in ways never thought of before.

Last edited by zneB-sedecreM; 02-04-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by propain
The guy simply said he understood why others like Merc and I have missed the old days. His comment was spot on as to the reasons. For some reason you felt the need to defend a cryptic comment that was hardly an attack to the OP and he would be no worse for wear over it. You seem to want to make an issue of it where there is none.
^^This.... propain nailed it on the head here. I'm gonna get some popcorn too bc I know 604's gonna continue to beat this dead horse.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:50 AM

2002 Mercedes-Benz S320 (W220)
Talking Maybe I can help a little bit?

hi guys according to EPC the part number for the centre cap is A240 400 00 25.

I want them on my w203 so if anyone knows the price please post it!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:52 AM

2002 Mercedes-Benz S320 (W220)
Originally Posted by zneB-sedecreM
I have Maybach headrests in my CL, that fit perfectly. Seeing as the seats/headrests (and many other parts <speedo, door pins, etc...> are directly interchangeable for the W220/W215 models) and they had to custom stitch/and make them from scratch through an authorized Maybach/Mercedes dealerhip that can get Maybach parts....$3,400 for the two front headrests. Whoever doesn't know, won't, but I do....and I love them. Just like how I have an SLR Mclaren fighter plane flip cap Push to Start shift knob that illuminates red light also on my CL. That alone was nearly $3K just for the knob and boot. I don't care, I love it. Who else turns their Mercedes on like that besides the guy that spend over half a million on his SLR? I like being unique....yet still using OEM parts in ways never thought of before.
I think I speak for all of us when I ask PLEASE POST SOME PHOTOS OF THIS FRANKLY EPIC RIDEEEE!!!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,576 Likes on 929 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Using part number 240 400 00 25, you can get them from any mercedes dealer for about $70 each.

Online they are $52.50 or thereabouts.

Why the hell you'd put them on a c63, i have no idea.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Yah...really

It takes alot more thought to get my message across in one line then it obviously takes you to write an entire diatribe like you have below.

This is a forum....contributions are both positive and negative...people are allowed and encouraged to critique each others vehicle upgrades and modifications.....you may think it's cool to put a Black Series badge on your trunk lid too, but just be ready for some backlash.

Maybe you should spend some more time reading prior posts, to understand what the C63 forum is all about rather than trying to moderate it.

Really callmiro? Thats what you bring to the table? You want to jump in with a comment like that? Thats waaaaaaay more out of line than anything whoadude or I said.

There's no food here, but thats ok cos the irony is delicious.

Lets imagine I said the exact opposite of what I did. Would that make you happy? Cos then Im saying dont contribute, hack on anyone you like, dont race, dont work on your car, dont try any new products. And if you do, dont tell us about them. That would be an awesome site and Im sure you'll like it, cos I wont be there.

Was I being cranky when I weighed in? Fer sure, but I still didnt like the way that was done, and I have seen far too much of that lately so I stepped into it. I'm ok with that.
But if you care to actually defend that instead of just tossing out the Big C and moving on, step right up and tell me why you think it was ok. Again, don't just snipe - at least put some thought in it. To be honest, I'm surprised you'd say that since you've been an intelligent source of information for a long time around here.
Maybe you're right. Maybe i'm wrong. You've been here longer than me. But I still think that was outta line. What he is saying there was "thats a dumb question, and I sure bet this place was better before you showed up and asked it". I guess it'll take me awhile to figure out why thats cool.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by propain
Followed by about 30 other posts none of which were helpful or productive to the thread or the guys question?
HAHAHA This idiot pissed me off with his posts in that thread.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
All I have to say is that 604 C63 has a special place in my heart for making my day full of laughter and smiles after the Big BO...
For that he gets some seniority

Maybach center caps????
Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
HAHAHA This idiot pissed me off with his posts in that thread.
Same here
Old 02-04-2013, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,576 Likes on 929 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Old 02-04-2013, 02:11 PM

I didn't weigh in here to get in a scrap with people who's consistent efforts with this website and our cars has helped me a great deal. People who have been here longer than I. And yet here I am. If I offended or angered those people I am sorry. I fail to see how it is their job to take me to task but I cannot do the same with someone else, but regardless of that I apologize. I respect their seniority here, and I wouldn't have called them out like that. I thought it was out of line given that whoadude had 14 posts here, and given that i believe he was using a senior members words to mock a very clear straight forward question. My opinion on that has not changed, and I'm not apologizing to whoadude. I am apologizing to a few guys in this thread that I have pissed off that have 2,3 or 4 times as many posts here as I, and have helped me. I don't take people's help and then flip them the bird.

As for the thread with all the pics - I don't apologize for that. Like I said it was a very unclear question that was asked and the op disappeared for 3 days and didn't clarify. It was all done in a very light hearted way, it had a laugh at his disappearance more than the op or the question, and we had a laugh. If it really bothered you, well, tough darts. It got moved to off topic, and no one made you keep going back nor did you have the guts to say anything then rather than waiting for this dog pile.

So again, to those individuals who by virtue of their seniority here are entitled to have an opinion and feel I was outta line - I apologize.

The rest of you I'll see in the verbal wrasslin ring lot cos if you wanna keep jawing at me - well, I don't gotta take sweet spit all from any of y'all. I have just as much right to speak my mind as you do.
Good lord was this all about claiming rank? Who cares?

Look, I just got my C63 and I hope in time to contribute just as much as the next guy...but damn you seriously complain and b**** like some chick on her rag.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:09 PM

Cos a) you haven't contributed SFA so I don't respect you anymore than any other stranger on the Internet that fancies their self an expert b) you have a rude mouth and c) you don't have the ***** to have said "yeah sorry, I was kinda being flip there - my bad". Nope. Instead you play innocent and really only get your smart mouth rolling once you get a crowd behind you.

I've had 2 beefs here in a year and a half of posting and meeting up for stuff. You're one of em. Guess we are oil and water. You stay outta my threads and I'll stay outta yours. Maybe one day I'll see I'll have you pegged wrong and I'll apologize like i just did to some others. I was cranky as a **** that day and the odds were good someone somewhere in my world was gonna catch an earful. Had I heard anything out of you i liked since then i would have reconsidered how I got here and second guessed myself. But I haven't and I don't. Pretty sure you are who I thought you were.
You think I rallied the troops? They're just calling it like they see it buddy.

I think that's awesome you think I have a rude mouth when it's you who openly challenged me to go 0-60 jackhole or something dumb like that.

I don't owe anyone an apology here, you on the other hand may want to rethink it some more. In any case I think the discussion is done, enjoy the forums and stay out of trouble tough guy.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
I think it was said best with STFU!

ps. I can tell what kind of owner he is just by his signature "10" Alpine R Series sub w/ Infinity 1600a sub amp" -this tells a lot. he loves to be loud, and the center of attention. Clearly. I guess all I can do now is prey he gets a headbolt failure ....
Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 02-04-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
When I take even an inch of space from this whole thing and objectively look at it, its embarrasing. I see these things happen, and despite the fact that I (obviously) dont mind a good fight I pretty much have avoided involvement for the most part. Until now.

In reflection, I know a few things that I should have been keeping in mind.

1) I have enjoyed this site.
2) I really dont know any of you so I really shouldn't judge you.
3) Outside of this thread, in the real world, I am better than this.
4) Since I don't know you I should assume that in the real world you are better too.
5) Life is waaaay too short to waste time on this or to carry resentments towards strangers on the internet.

and

6) What propain said in post 26.

I have deleted all my posts in this thread, because I regret what I said and I regret how badly I feel this reflects on all of us. Not just me, but those strangers on the internet who I have to assume are better people in real life. I dont want my words on this to live in perpetuity anymore than I want yours. All my posts in this thread are gone. Testament to my foolishness will still be there as quotes in your posts, but I cant help that. All I can do is clean up my side of the street and move on. Hopefully some will see this as a sign of my real character and respect that, but inevitably some will toss out a 'wimp' here or a pu$$y there. Oh well. I am neither of those things, I am just slowly growing up and trying to learn to pick my battles. Make it something worth fighting for, like the right to own online ****, and I'll go ya. You'll never get the ****. Never.

My apologies to ALL for my involvement in this lunacy. There. Thats the best I have felt since this started. Now I feel like I'm back to me.

That AWD E63 wagon is gonna be a btich goddess and I want one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: where to buy maybach centre cabs?