C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

iPod + Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
iPod + Bluetooth

I've been reading this forum and whatever I could on the internet for hours to find a solution that would allow me to play music over bluetooth in my 2009 C63 with an iPhone 4S. I finally found a solution so I thought I'd share it with the community.

The working solution was to use the stock iPod cable in the car with the Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter and a Music Link DL-M100.

I tried the CoolStream, but it would pair and not play music with and without the adapter. It seems a lot of people had luck with the AnyStream, but this is no longer being produced and I could not find one anywhere. The reason most accessories don't work with our iPod connector is because the iPod cable that comes with the car has an output of 12V. The connector converts this to 5V. The newer iPhones and many accessories only work properly with a 5V input.

I found the ML-D100 on eBay. I found an American seller for ~$53. You can get it from Korean sellers for ~$43, but it will take much longer to ship. Another benefit is that I can now charge my phone if I want to plug it in (it used to play music through the iPod cable, but not charge my iPhone. I've read that you can get your connector changed out at the dealer for >$100, but it seems that a $20 adapter is cheaper and easier. One note is that when my iPhone is plugged directly into the Scosche adapter, it makes a barely audible high pitched noise which may irritate some.

Update: The music cuts out a few times per minute for about a second, which is kind of annoying. I still haven't found a perfect solution. It seems some people are having luck with the Media Interface Plus, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with my car.

Last edited by dgibb; 08-23-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
FYI, swapping to the new ipod cable is a simple DIY. the cable cost me about $50.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:37 PM

2008 GL 450
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
FYI, swapping to the new ipod cable is a simple DIY. the cable cost me about $50.
Could you expand on how you did it??
Old 09-03-2013, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by crasshh
1. Buy new cable from dealer
2. Plug in cable
3. ?????
4. Profit
Old 09-04-2013, 12:57 AM

2008 GL 450
Originally Posted by rage2
1. Buy new cable from dealer
2. Plug in cable
3. ?????
4. Profit
Seriously? The cable is coming in through the glovebox from the left. There is no plug-in at that entry point.. This is the reason for the question.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
I'm guessing you have an '09 and you can't change the cable? It only plays music but doesn't charge? If so then get this setup:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ion-works.html

Wish I could help more, I have zero experience with US spec '09 pre COMAND ipod integrations. Canada never got that setup.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

if you open the passenger door and look at the right side of the dash (the area that mates with the door panel), you will see a plastic panel. pull that off. underneath you should see the iPod integration box. the cable is plugged into it via Ethernet cable. if you need further instruction on how to access that area, there's a section in the manual that tells you how to pull off the panel on the drivers side to get to the fuse box. same procedure to remove the one on the pass side to get to the iPod box. lmk if that helps.

Last edited by m a x i m u s; 09-04-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:15 PM

2008 GL 450
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
if you open the passenger door and look at the right side of the dash (the area that mates with the door panel), you will see a plastic panel. pull that off. underneath you should see the iPod integration box. the cable is plugged into it via Ethernet cable. if you need further instruction on how to access that area, there's a section in the manual that tells you how to pull off the panel on the drivers side to get to the fuse box. same procedure to remove the one on the pass side to get to the iPod box. lmk if that helps.
Underneath the plastic cover I only see the Fuse box.
Maybe the GL450 is different. Also, my iPod cable is in the glovebox but on the other side. closer to the navigation unit.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Underneath the plastic cover I only see the Fuse box.
Maybe the GL450 is different. Also, my iPod cable is in the glovebox but on the other side. closer to the navigation unit.
oh, I see. you may want to search the GL forums, but I think your box may be installed behind the head unit then. maybe removing the glove box will give you access. if you take a look, there's probably some screws in there that can be removed.