C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Best way to Buy the c63 507

Old 09-15-2013, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E63S AMG
Best way to Buy the c63 507

Finally got my order in for my 507 coupe. Honestly think I got this car for a steal.

Ordered the care through the European deliver program, which for a car like this, I think makes an incredible experience.

I pick up the car on December 5th at the factory in Germany, driving it to the port in Amsterdam to be shipped to my dealer here in NJ. Pretty cool if you ask me that they do this.

For anyone looking to get the car they really want and for a steal, this is the way to go. You special order, so you can gut out the crap options you don't want, they give you 7% off MSRP, and they waive the $925 deliver charge.

Here is a note, to help with negotiations as I did, the dealer gets a 10% commission of our final price for you doing this program and doesn't have to take the car into to inventory. Basically they have no choice to reduce their commission to give you something or lose the sale. I fortunetly have about 4 dealerships within a 50 mile span, so was able to shop them against each other. I got another 3k off the price.

Here are the specs

2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition Coupe
White
Black interior w/ DINAMICA insets
Limited Slip
Lighting Package
Multimedia Package
Keyless-Go
Black Wheels - and last but not least. . .
507 Edition Package

Out the door with tax and tags my final price is $78k......BOOM!

Last edited by autockr989; 09-16-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG 507 Edition
That's almost 100k cheaper than what I paid for mine...
Old 09-16-2013, 06:53 AM

2015 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by Bardman
That's almost 100k cheaper than what I paid for mine...
assuming you mean 10k cheaper. that is about how much I saved doing it this way.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:15 AM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by autockr989
assuming you mean 10k cheaper. that is about how much I saved doing it this way.
No, I mean 100k cheaper - in Australia, 507s retail for around the 170k mark.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:16 AM

2015 E63S AMG
ouch
Old 09-16-2013, 07:22 AM

2010 C300, 2013 C63 AMG
ouch
Lucky You! You got a steal! That's like double what I paid for my almost 5 year old c63 with 50k miles! :P

Have fun waiting for it, the wait is gonna suck!

I'll have to keep this in mind haha if I ever choose to buy a new benz!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:24 AM

2014 C 6.3 507 on order, 2008 BMW 335XI
When I was at the HQ here in Stuttgart a couple of months agoa they had a C63 with performance package, loaded with the common stuff and the sticker was 120,000 Euro. Conversions = $155K ish. We get them much cheaper in the States. My Diplomat/Mil Sales rep told me that a German pays as much for a base C350 as we do a C63.

I'm beyond thankful for the program price I receive. I was amazed to see c63's are 80K + in the states.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:46 AM

BMW
Hey Bardman, is that $170k on the road? I thought they were closer to $190k+ OTR?

IF I can get a 507 brand new on the road for around $170k that might just change things.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Finally got my order in for my 507 coupe. Honestly think I got this car for a steal.

Ordered the care through the European deliver program, which for a car like this, I think makes an incredible experience.

I pick up the car on December 5th at the factory in Germany, driving it to the port in Amsterdam to be shipped to my dealer here in NJ. Pretty cool if you ask me that they do this.

For anyone looking to get the car they really want and for a steal, this is the way to go. You special order, so you can gut out the crap options you don't want, they give you 7% off MSRP, and they waive the $925 deliver charge.

Here is a note, to help with negotiations as I did, the dealer gets a 10% commission of our final price for you doing this program and doesn't have to take the car into to inventory. Basically they have no choice to reduce their commission to give you something or lose the sale. I fortunetly have about 4 dealerships within a 50 mile span, so was able to shop them against each other. I got another 3k off the price.

Here are the specs

2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition Coupe
White
Black interior w/ DINAMICA insets
Limited Slip
Lighting Package
Multimedia Package
Keyless-Go
Black Wheels - and last but not least. . .
507 Edition Package

Out the door with tax and tags my final price is $78k......BOOM!
Who pays for the shipping? Does Mercedes pick that up?
Old 09-16-2013, 12:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
Ha ha...the wait isn't what is going to suck...Picking it up in December, when you're not able to actually open it up on the Autobahn is going to be like kissing your sister. Especially taking it up towards Amsterdam.

I hope I'm wrong, but it has been chilly and rainy here today. High of 62 I'm getting nervous about driving mine throughout the winter here...and I haven't even picked it up yet.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:24 PM

C63 507, 911 Carrera, Range Rover, Disco
I have looked into the same thing...sounds like an awesome experience and you are saving some $$

But you need to take into account airfare and hotel stays...(I think they give you one night?)

Unless you are going by yourself (so with a significant other) that could subtract from the savings...

But again you are going to Germany to pick up your car, driving around in Europe etc so there is that...

I was going to see what kind of deal I could get normal - vs. doing that and see what the cost tradeoff is...
Old 09-16-2013, 03:06 PM

2015 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by callmiro
Who pays for the shipping? Does Mercedes pick that up?

They pay for delivery. The normal 925 is waived so they pick up the cost.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:12 PM

2015 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by ParkerK
I have looked into the same thing...sounds like an awesome experience and you are saving some $$

But you need to take into account airfare and hotel stays...(I think they give you one night?)

Unless you are going by yourself (so with a significant other) that could subtract from the savings...

But again you are going to Germany to pick up your car, driving around in Europe etc so there is that...

I was going to see what kind of deal I could get normal - vs. doing that and see what the cost tradeoff is...
I hear you on the expense to take the trip, but I am using it as a mini vaca. so for me that part of it irrelevant.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:28 PM

C63
I remember the Hilton Melbourne had a c63 on display in the lobby (I was over for work from the UK) - I nearly choked when I saw the price compared to what they cost in the UK!

Just for comparison, my 507 with LSD, Privacy Glass, HK and black wheels would be about 109,000 USD or 117,000 AUD...

I used to live in NY so I know how cheap cars are for you guys

Dunc
Old 09-16-2013, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
You are eventually shipping the car back to the states, as you live here.

No offense, but your gloating and numbers are a little misleading. Don't get me wrong, I WOULD LOVE THE CHANCE TO TAKE EURO DELIVERY!!!!!!!! The chance to go to Germany, see where your car came from, private tour of the factory, meet the guys responsible for the AMG. It's a true connection to your car. But there are many factors to the price of your vehicle, other than the money you saved off MSRP. You have many added costs that others might not have considered or be aware of. You are still shelling out for airfare, hotels, food, fuel, walking around money, souvenirs, etc..

To quote: "Honestly think I got this car for a steal." And bottom line: "Out the door with tax and tags my final price is $78k......BOOM!" I am not trying to burst your bubble and as I did state, you are getting something special in the fact that it's Euro delivery, but money saved?? I don't think so. I picked up my 507 sedan, with a few more options on the car than yours, here in my backyard "out the door" for the same dollar amount.

Now, you are getting a completely different experience, but your post is about dollar amounts and saving money. I just want to make you and any potential buyers aware that there are a lot more costs associated with your method. I am not, AT ALL, trying to associate the, "I payed less or got a better deal." I just thought that all the facts should be laid out.

Enjoy your car and the factory delivery!! I would love to visit the factory...............some day.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:47 PM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by grizzly111
Hey Bardman, is that $170k on the road? I thought they were closer to $190k+ OTR?

IF I can get a 507 brand new on the road for around $170k that might just change things.
Depending on the options you pick (and there aren't that many, as most of them are standard for aus), and your negotiation you can pick up a 507 in the 170's drive away here. Big cost options are LSD (which I went for), active driver assist, and the magno matte paint. Pick all 3 and you will be in the mid/high 180's drive away.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:58 PM

2015 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by jordanaf
You are eventually shipping the car back to the states, as you live here.

No offense, but your gloating and numbers are a little misleading. Don't get me wrong, I WOULD LOVE THE CHANCE TO TAKE EURO DELIVERY!!!!!!!! The chance to go to Germany, see where your car came from, private tour of the factory, meet the guys responsible for the AMG. It's a true connection to your car. But there are many factors to the price of your vehicle, other than the money you saved off MSRP. You have many added costs that others might not have considered or be aware of. You are still shelling out for airfare, hotels, food, fuel, walking around money, souvenirs, etc..

To quote: "Honestly think I got this car for a steal." And bottom line: "Out the door with tax and tags my final price is $78k......BOOM!" I am not trying to burst your bubble and as I did state, you are getting something special in the fact that it's Euro delivery, but money saved?? I don't think so. I picked up my 507 sedan, with a few more options on the car than yours, here in my backyard "out the door" for the same dollar amount.

Now, you are getting a completely different experience, but your post is about dollar amounts and saving money. I just want to make you and any potential buyers aware that there are a lot more costs associated with your method. I am not, AT ALL, trying to associate the, "I payed less or got a better deal." I just thought that all the facts should be laid out.

Enjoy your car and the factory delivery!! I would love to visit the factory...............some day.

First off, you are comparing your sedan to the coupe as the price from the base 63 is different. And honestly, anyone taking advantage of the EDP doesn't focus 100% of the cost comparison between buying the car this way or not. As I stated the trip is considered to me a vacation with the added benefit of getting my car I ordered. So the comparison doesn't really matter to me for which way is the cheaper way.

I highly doubt you got a sedan with more options from "your backyard" for the same price I am paying. No way what so ever.

MSRP of my car with options 80,400 + 925 deliver + 1600 gas guzzler tax + 7% sales tax (5628) + tags (500 estimated) = 89,053.

I really don't believe you have a higher final price on paper for having more options than that and managed to get the car in "your backyard" for what I am paying. I appreciate your comments, but please don't insult me by saying I am gloating for merely explaining some useful tips for someone that doesn't want to spend 90K USD on the car. I am simply sharing my experience of my purchase, but as I stated, don't believe for a moment that you managed to get that steep of a discount from what your final msrp should be.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:55 PM

Lots
I agree, no way did he get a 507 with MORE options that you did in a sedan for $78k OUT THE DOOR, i.e. with TTL.

Brand new, 507 sedan with decent options will retail MSRP for $90k. You may get it down some, but TTL and options for $78k?

Yeah, right.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:20 AM

If he did that's a good deal. Overall though I think you have to look at total cost. Travel, lodging and possible lux/depreciation tax once he registers the car stateside. For U.S. service members we have to own the car 6 + months prior to returning stateside to avoid being hit with that in some states. Not sure if it applies to him but it's probably a wash money wise. He does get the experience though which I think is worth it. When I ordered mine I went to the factory with my sales person and saw the EURO delivery process. I thought it was pretty cool.....now if I can only get my car delivered I'd be happy.

c63Buckeye, how you doing bud? Missing your Audi at all? I don't miss my S4.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
First off, you are comparing your sedan to the coupe as the price from the base 63 is different. And honestly, anyone taking advantage of the EDP doesn't focus 100% of the cost comparison between buying the car this way or not. As I stated the trip is considered to me a vacation with the added benefit of getting my car I ordered. So the comparison doesn't really matter to me for which way is the cheaper way.

I highly doubt you got a sedan with more options from "your backyard" for the same price I am paying. No way what so ever.

MSRP of my car with options 80,400 + 925 deliver + 1600 gas guzzler tax + 7% sales tax (5628) + tags (500 estimated) = 89,053.

I really don't believe you have a higher final price on paper for having more options than that and managed to get the car in "your backyard" for what I am paying. I appreciate your comments, but please don't insult me by saying I am gloating for merely explaining some useful tips for someone that doesn't want to spend 90K USD on the car. I am simply sharing my experience of my purchase, but as I stated, don't believe for a moment that you managed to get that steep of a discount from what your final msrp should be.
No need to get defensive and quickly start calling me a liar. If you read, or RE-READ my post, you will see that in no way was I insulting to you. I iterated several times that I was envious of your trip to Germany and that I hope you enjoy your tour. As well, I offered you enjoyment of your car. I was not here to bash you, just to help out any other potential 507 owners that there is more cost to the manner in which you took delivery, than just the price of the car. Never stated that I had a "higher final price on paper" than your car. I stated that I had more options than you listed. I can easily start ripping on you and your deal personally if you want, but that is not my intention. I was making a point about the extra costs in your "way to buy a 507". You didn't preface, state, or make it clear in your post that it's a good way to buy if you are also planning a vacation. You only stated so after someone else made some of the same points as I did. The holier than thou attitude is useless. You and I didn't build our cars, MB did. We just picked them out. No big deal. You ain't better than me and vice-versa. Just because you're from NJ, doesn't make this a pissing match. I am not questioning you got a great car and a good deal.

Originally Posted by c63buckeye
I agree, no way did he get a 507 with MORE options that you did in a sedan for $78k OUT THE DOOR, i.e. with TTL.

Brand new, 507 sedan with decent options will retail MSRP for $90k. You may get it down some, but TTL and options for $78k?

Yeah, right.
Okay, you are right, no way did I get my sedan for $78k OUT THE DOOR. It was $80k. I only stated that I got mine for the same dollar amount. And you should check your figures.

I am not here to prove anything and I don't care if someone's car is more expensive than mine. Or if someone got a better deal. I don't walk around holding my d*ck. This was not about bashing the OP. It was just about, like many other people posted, that there are more costs associated with the Euro delivery. It was not a personal attack. Again if anything, I was showing you respect and a little bit of jealousy over the trip. I don't care at all if you don't believe that I could have "possibly" gotten as good a deal as you. Doesn't matter. I'm a P1 MB customer to my guy. I know what I got and what I payed. I'm thoroughly happy with my new 507 and I hope you will be as well. Enjoy the factory and the trip!
Old 09-17-2013, 01:50 PM

Lots
Originally Posted by Hawk6.3STG
Good man! I really can't say I miss the S4, as the C63 makes it pale in comparison.

That said, if only they brought a RS4 or C63 Avant stateside........
Old 09-17-2013, 06:21 PM

2015 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by Hawk6.3STG
If he did that's a good deal. Overall though I think you have to look at total cost. Travel, lodging and possible lux/depreciation tax once he registers the car stateside. For U.S. service members we have to own the car 6 + months prior to returning stateside to avoid being hit with that in some states. Not sure if it applies to him but it's probably a wash money wise. He does get the experience though which I think is worth it. When I ordered mine I went to the factory with my sales person and saw the EURO delivery process. I thought it was pretty cool.....now if I can only get my car delivered I'd be happy.

Purchasing through the program you are actually purchasing the car instate from local dealer, so no lux tax . A month before I leave to Germany I finalize my documents at the local dealership. So the program is a bit different than someone like yourself who is making your purchase out of country and shipping it back. This is built and documented as a purchase from my local dealer. Only difference is I get to pick up there and drop of and shipping station.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:20 AM

Purchasing through the program you are actually purchasing the car instate from local dealer, so no lux tax . A month before I leave to Germany I finalize my documents at the local dealership. So the program is a bit different than someone like yourself who is making your purchase out of country and shipping it back. This is built and documented as a purchase from my local dealer. Only difference is I get to pick up there and drop of and shipping station.

Yeah I wasn't sure, good info. I know you will enjoy the pickup. Are you picking up in Sindlefingen?
Old 09-18-2013, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
I had originally wanted to get my 507 Coupe Euro Delivery sometime in Oct as I was planning a vacation then anyway, and the 7% savings would be nice. However, my wife was a little apprehensive about picking up such a beast in a foreign country. Ultimately after speaking with 2 trusted dealers I realized that if I wanted to have a 507 I needed to find and buy one ASAP. (High demand/ ceasing production of current model for 2015/ AMG engine shortage!!) I didn't want there to be a chance (even a small one) of not getting my order filled. Now I have had a 507 for about a month with a BIG SMILE on my face; well worth any "premium". Now as for my October vacation I'm going to the AMG driving school at Laguna Seca, spend some time at Pebble Beach, and visit Yosemite.