C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Exhoust question before i sell my stock one.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes C63
Exhoust question before i sell my stock one.

Good day everyone..just curious about the exhaust systems on the C63s. I'm thinking of doing (still a while) buying the IPE exhaust (valvetronic) system consisting of full exhaust from headers to mufflers. What is the better route for performance? Are the c63 amg mufflers very restrictive compared to the aftermarket mufflers? Will the performance gains be very similar on the 2 ideas I listed? Hope to hear from you guys, thank you!
Old 11-29-2013, 12:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
I cannot speak for the system you mentioned, but I just purchased and installed a set of headers that included pipe to the stock resonator, and it runs/sounds awesome. I'm a modifying, performance driven individual, and can tell you that I'll never be in the market to replace any part of the factory second half of the exhaust system on this car, even if I was to go supercharged, I'd guess the factory resonator-back system would be fine and unrestricted.

Most header kits will include the pipe needed to replace all 4 converters and install into your resonator. I'm sure the system your looking at is very nice, but I think you'd be throwing away good stuff to replace it is all, and probably denting your wallet more than needed to get the sound/performance you're lookin for
Old 11-29-2013, 12:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
I'd also keep your factory stuff in case you decide to sell the car. Some people will be turned off about modded cars of this caliber, and actually will sell easier the closer to stock it remains. Then you can re-sell your performance headers/exhaust on these forums. I just plopped down over 2K to a member on this site for his used headers and I cannot be happier that I saved over a grand!!

So if I ever have a big warranty issue, or want to sell the car, I'll reinstall the factory stuff and not get the **** end of the stick.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:44 PM

2009 Mercedes C63
Originally Posted by skaarlaj
I cannot speak for the system you mentioned, but I just purchased and installed a set of headers that included pipe to the stock resonator, and it runs/sounds awesome. I'm a modifying, performance driven individual, and can tell you that I'll never be in the market to replace any part of the factory second half of the exhaust system on this car, even if I was to go supercharged, I'd guess the factory resonator-back system would be fine and unrestricted.

Most header kits will include the pipe needed to replace all 4 converters and install into your resonator. I'm sure the system your looking at is very nice, but I think you'd be throwing away good stuff to replace it is all, and probably denting your wallet more than needed to get the sound/performance you're lookin for

thanks man good deal... I think I will stick with my oem part which sounds great already just seen on youtube that open valve system and that sounds crazyyyyy.... I feel like if its going to be same in performance and just the sound will be different.... 2500 bux is a lot just for sound if u ask me
Old 11-29-2013, 11:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C63 2016 AMG GT S
I have the iPE full exhaust and it does sound pretty awesome with the valves open. Headers will definitely get you some gain in the HP and sound department :-)
Old 11-30-2013, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Hi mate

I have the ipe headers and front pipes with the standard back half and I gained about 70hp
Old 11-30-2013, 07:20 AM

C63 GT3RS F800R
70hp ? IPE gives that much ? I think that's crazy for just exhaust but that's just me...
Old 11-30-2013, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
That's at the wheels too

Before I dynoed I made 284 rwkw 335 rwkw after exhaust