C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Need some advice got a Ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 GT3RS F800R
Unhappy Need some advice got a Ticket

Hey guys today as I was driving in an intersection the light was about to change, so because I didnt want to get caught up in it I gave my car some gas got up to 45mph at most (wasnt looking). Then when I come to a stop sign this motorcycle cop pulls me over. He was like you were going 60+++, and I said was I ? Then he asked for my license not even for insurance or registration. He wrote me a ticket for going 60+ mph in 30 mph zone. I asked him if it was possible to contest it, and his reply was "you better contest it, judge wants to see a lot of you guys there" What the hell does that mean ? Besides my girlfriend was next to me and she says that I was not going anywhere near 60+... What can I do about this ? I just think he gave me a ticket assuming I was going fast because our cars are loud and maybe he was hating I have no clue. What could I do ?
Thanks Guys
Old 12-03-2013, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Sent you a pm bro...
Old 12-03-2013, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Well go to court and challenge it
They will pressure you to plead guilty is some sort of latin jargon. I forget the term.
Dont cave in.

Unfortunately in traffic cases you have to prove to the judge that you werent going 60. The officers word will always prevail over yours. Show the judge the following:
How was the cop was able to gauge how fast you were going? By eye? What did he use as the benchmark? Was it an estimated guess? You were written up for going 60 mph in a 30 mph. How does he know it wasnt 50? Ask the cop if he had any devices on him to measure speed? Your GFs testimony wont count as she was in the car. You may want to hire a traffic attorney to fight this for you. ie the "Ticket Clinic".

I was going to say something smart like ask "BSmooth7" but you will prob end up in jail like he did.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
If a cop in Poland gave me a ticket for going 60mph and judged it only by his guts or sight, I would laugh in his face.
I can't believe this is really happening on the other side of the pond. Crazy stuff.

Good luck OP, hope you get this resolved with no serious financial harm.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by moosejaw
I was going to say something smart like ask "BSmooth7" but you will prob end up in jail like he did.
ouch bro

but yea, challenge it.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
In California, there's supposed to be a record your speed with a specific type of equipment noted. If he doesn't have any of that information on how he obtained your speed or even what your exact speed reading was, then his word doesn't mean squat in court. You just need to know to ask for it.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
The cop most likely assume the speed. Yeah, how likely do you think that cop really had the equipment up and aimed at his car when he decided on the last minute to speed up through the yellow?!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by otakki
The cop most likely assume the speed. Yeah, how likely do you think that cop really had the equipment up and aimed at his car when he decided on the last minute to speed up through the yellow?!
I would say OP has a good chance at beating it. He has a witness and the cop doesn't have a confirmed reading. I wouldn't even admit to 45mph. Just say you entered on a yellow, which should be totally legal, and that you accelerated slightly to cross the intersection. You can cite 30-60 stats and indicate that you car isn't capable of that within the distance of an intersection.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:31 PM

C63 GT3RS F800R
He told me that he estimated my speed to be 60+ mph. He was stopped at the red light on the cross street I believe. He has no evidence of me going fast, just assumed I was going 60+.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:32 PM

C63 GT3RS F800R
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
In California, there's supposed to be a record your speed with a specific type of equipment noted. If he doesn't have any of that information on how he obtained your speed or even what your exact speed reading was, then his word doesn't mean squat in court. You just need to know to ask for it.
Btw I love those rims on your C63 ^^
Old 12-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
I had the cops call me and say someone called me in crying because I was "going 200" down a road where there was pot holes every 10 feet due to construction...Goto court or call the supervisor at the police dept and tell him his deputies are drunk on the job and handing out false claim tickets...seriously..the only evidence he has is his eyes..big deal..tell the judge your car is a 6.3L engine and isn't some toyota prius so no **** it's going to sound loud...cops think they own you..but forget that we own them..don't let them walk all over you..I use to..ever since I told them to basically F off they've left me alone (thank god) just remember they are PUBLIC SERVANTS they aren't above you!!!!!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:08 PM

C63, 335i
If you are in CA, then you can do trial by written declaration where you don't even have to show up to court. Just find a good, reputable traffic court lawyer to do all the paperwork for you and mail it off when you are ready along with the bail. They will cash the bail, but you should receive your decision in the mail after a few months. Usually the police officer will not file anything and your case will be dismissed. It doesn't hurt to try and fight it because most law firms will give you your money back unless you win the case.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by newtrita
Btw I love those rims on your C63 ^^
Thanks

On topic, you're innocent until proven guilty. "Estimating" speed isn't proof. It's hearsay. I'm sure I got pulled once because of my red car and my loud exhaust. He couldn't cite me for speeding because he didn't clock me. My V1 never went off.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63s AMG W205
Oh man its only a speed ticket im sure u can settle it with a few hundreds out of ur pocket, costing less than one of the nice wheels u v got. My lawyer friend once told me, that if i was having too much free time to go thru all the hassle of fighting a speed ticket? Fact is u did go over the limit, be it a 10mph or 100mph over, who cares, but u did break the law.

Pay the bill n be a happy guy again. The cop was only doing his job, which itself would have stopped a few ppl got killd in a road accident due to speeding.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Originally Posted by YICS NZ
Oh man its only a speed ticket im sure u can settle it with a few hundreds out of ur pocket, costing less than one of the nice wheels u v got. My lawyer friend once told me, that if i was having too much free time to go thru all the hassle of fighting a speed ticket? Fact is u did go over the limit, be it a 10mph or 100mph over, who cares, but u did break the law.

Pay the bill n be a happy guy again. The cop was only doing his job, which itself would have stopped a few ppl got killd in a road accident due to speeding.
Are you serious... there is a huge difference between 10 or 100 miles over. Most states, have different values for speeding and reckless, and typically doing double the speed limit is a loss of license.. if it was 45 in a 35, then fine, pay it, but 60+ in a 35, and that is possible loss of license, huge fine, and potentially jail time.. Possibly his insurance company dropping him as well.

This is one of those cases that you have to fight, at a minimum to it dropped to a lesser charge.

Also, some states like Virginia Maryland and DC, the judges will accept a cops testimony in lieu a mechanical speed check. It is possible to determine speed based on the time it takes to pass 2 points. However, that would require significantly more distance than just an intersection to be even remotely close to your actual speed. The shorter the distance, the greater the error in guessing.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:32 PM

C63 GT3RS F800R
Originally Posted by YICS NZ

The reason I want to fight it is because I got a lot of tickets on my plate... If I get 2 more points its bye bye to my license its not the 400$ that worries me... Besides who would want to be accused of something they didnt do ?
Old 12-03-2013, 10:28 PM

C63s AMG W205
Originally Posted by newtrita
The reason I want to fight it is because I got a lot of tickets on my plate... If I get 2 more points its bye bye to my license its not the 400$ that worries me... Besides who would want to be accused of something they didnt do ?
Well if thats the case u better talk to someone whos familiar with the traffic law n hope to get the fine down to a lesser degree before the court hearing. There must b an appeal process before the police hand it over to the court. Dont expect the judge to take ur words over the cop esp given ur history. The judge may only waive ur ticket under extraordinary circumstances like ur passenger was in an medical emergency n u were on ur way to the ED, or u are a doctor attending an urgent call.
Get the Valentine 1 (i havnt got a single ticket since i got it) and GL!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63 Coupe
The old saying, "if you represent yourself in court, you have a fool for a client", applies here. Hire a competent traffic attorney and let them decide how best to proceed.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:59 AM

Porsche 911 Turbo S 2014! E63S 14, Audi S8 13, CLS63 12, E550 12, C63 09, all tuned
I fight every ticket, and I have no points. It still cost money for court cost , ticket Clinc, attorneys , reduce no moving infractions , what ever works.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
A lot of people have a vague conception of how traffic court works
Many assume that you are assumed to be innocent before guilty
That is not the case. In traffic court the burden of proof is on the defendant. The cop's word will always overtake that of the defendant. In order to prove your innocence you will have to challenge the cop's testimony in court. The judge will not review the circumstances pertaining to your case unless you present it. The fact that the police offer did not use equipment to accurately measure your speed will get you off regardless of your past violations.

If you are not comfortable challenging the police office directly in front of a judge, I would get a traffic court attorney. I know ticket clinic is out there. The only advantage they have is they do the work for you. There are no strings or acts behind the magic curtain. You are only paying them to defend you which you could do yourself
Old 12-04-2013, 10:51 AM

2014 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by moosejaw
A lot of people have a vague conception of how traffic court works
Many assume that you are assumed to be innocent before guilty
That is not the case. In traffic court the burden of proof is on the defendant. The cop's word will always overtake that of the defendant. In order to prove your innocence you will have to challenge the cop's testimony in court. The judge will not review the circumstances pertaining to your case unless you present it. The fact that the police offer did not use equipment to accurately measure your speed will get you off regardless of your past violations.

If you are not comfortable challenging the police office directly in front of a judge, I would get a traffic court attorney. I know ticket clinic is out there. The only advantage they have is they do the work for you. There are no strings or acts behind the magic curtain. You are only paying them to defend you which you could do yourself
In my experience it is difficult to prevail in traffic court when it is your judgement versus a police officer (considered an expert witness) concerning a traffic violation. That's why it pays to have an attorney. Typically, my attorney does not challenge the voracity of the cop, instead he negotiates with the city attorney whereby my offense magically disappears.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Who knows...maybe that cop just didn't like you since he owns a M3 and he saw your license plate.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:09 PM

2014 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by otakki
Who knows...maybe that cop just didn't like you since he owns a M3 and he saw your license plate.
If the OP loses the case he will have to change his plates to, "Bye Bye 63"
Old 12-04-2013, 10:39 PM

2012 c63 sedan
I got 4 total tickets last year on 2 occasions and nothing on my record. Get a lawyer and most likely you will not have to show up to court or do anything else. It does cost more but MOST likely no points and no extra car insurance is worth the extra cost IMO. YMMV

My state requires you answer the ticket in 15 days, so depending on your state laws I would get one right away and get the ball started. At least you won't have to think about it anymore. First lawyer I spent 300 and the 2nd lawyer I used was only 200 from a referral. I had to spend ~125 for each ticket, which was dropped to a cell phone violation and 1 ticket was dropped all together..

Good luck!
Old 12-04-2013, 10:47 PM

2013 C63 P31
You should've asked to see the radar, and also where are you located?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need some advice got a Ticket