Some Mode Carbon goodness came in today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Some Mode Carbon goodness came in today

New OEM Front Replacement Lip from Mode Carbon just arrived.

Can't wait to get it installed.

Quality is excellent. The product was packaged very, very meticulously.

I would like to thank Nicholas from Mode Carbon for all of his help. Mode Carbon is extremely professional and easy to do business with. The front lip is just the beginning. Thanks again, Nick!

A few quick pics:

Old 01-09-2014, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Great products ! I got their spoiler on my sedan
Why didn't you gi with the lufstrom look?
Old 01-09-2014, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by abcut973
Great products ! I got their spoiler on my sedan
Why didn't you gi with the lufstrom look?
Agreed!

And good question. I wanted to retain an OEM look as much as possible. I felt that this particular lip was an aggressive (going from gloss black to carbon fiber) yet subtle (retaining OEM shape/design) enhancement.

I also loved the fact that this lip is a direct replacement for the OEM one and can be installed using the same factory mounting hardware.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Congrats...Wish they didn't stop making pre facelift parts..stupid in my opinion. Post some pics installed
Old 01-09-2014, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
Congrats...Wish they didn't stop making pre facelift parts..stupid in my opinion. Post some pics installed
Will do. Thank you for the kind words. Appreciate it!
Old 01-09-2014, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Has anyone here installed this by themselves? Would love to know if it's a DIY type of job with the right tools.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is a DIY job.
The best and cleanest way of doing it is to remove the front bumper as some of the push pins are on the inside. But I remember one member saying he installed it without removing the bumper.
Actually if you jack up your car or put it on a lifter and you remove the black plastic underneath the front you might be able to have enough space to insert your hands to reach the push pins .
Attached Thumbnails Some Mode Carbon goodness came in today-03032013283.jpg   Some Mode Carbon goodness came in today-03032013284.jpg   Some Mode Carbon goodness came in today-03032013285.jpg  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
It is a DIY job.
The best and cleanest way of doing it is to remove the front bumper as some of the push pins are on the inside. But I remember one member saying he installed it without removing the bumper.
Actually if you jack up your car or put it on a lifter and you remove the black plastic underneath the front you might be able to have enough space to insert your hands to reach the push pins .
Awesome. That is very helpful. Thanks man! Appreciate the photos too.

If I end up doing it myself, I might do a little installation write-up.

At first I thought it was possible to remove the OEM gloss black lip/splitter without either lifting/jacking it or removing the front bumper.

Were you speaking for LCI/face-lifted cars as well or just for pre-2012 models?

If push comes to shove and using a lift will enable installation without the removing the front bumper, I'll cave and let the dealer do it just for the sake of reducing the complexity of the "surgery."
Old 01-09-2014, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Should be pretty easy to install without removing the bumper. I have the luftstrom front lip, and had to remove the OEM center piece to install it. You can reach through the bumper mesh using a small flathead screwdriver and pop the pins out. The hardest one was the right most one. I forget exactly how I got to it, but I didn't have to remove anything else to reach it. Took less than 10 minutes to get them all off.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by anthonymckay
Should be pretty easy to install without removing the bumper. I have the luftstrom front lip, and had to remove the OEM center piece to install it. You can reach through the bumper mesh using a small flathead screwdriver and pop the pins out. The hardest one was the right most one. I forget exactly how I got to it, but I didn't have to remove anything else to reach it. Took less than 10 minutes to get them all off.
Right on. That's all good news to my eyes. Thanks for taking the time to share that. Much appreciated.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:55 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
It is a DIY job.
I removed it without jacking the car. The underside panels need to be removed... I think there were 14 or 16?

I installed the luftstrom splitter, quite simple installed just need to get the clear silicone that Nicholas advised me to use. Did some dry fit checks and used blue 3M tape to help secure during cure time. Also used something lightly pressed against splitter to hold its position.

Final install is dramatic looking. Quality is top notch! Nicholas is great to work with. I installed the boot lid spoiler too! Easy install as we'll. Thinking about a diffuser now... Agree that Mode Carbon is top notch!
Old 01-09-2014, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sinape62
I removed it without jacking the car. The underside panels need to be removed... I think there were 14 or 16?

Even better
Old 01-09-2014, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV

I installed the luftstrom splitter, quite simple installed just need to get the clear silicone that Nicholas advised me to use. Did some dry fit checks and used blue 3M tape to help secure during cure time. Also used something lightly pressed against splitter to hold its position.

Final install is dramatic looking. Quality is top notch! Nicholas is great to work with. I installed the boot lid spoiler too! Easy install as we'll. Thinking about a diffuser now... Agree that Mode Carbon is top notch!
Yeah Nicholas is a pro. And agreed regarding the quality of the weave. The glossy coating over the weave is outstanding as well.

And thank you very much for the write-up. I think I get to skip the clear silicone/3M step since I have the OEM Replacement Lip but it's a relief to know that no jacking/lifting is required to remove the standard lip/splitter.

Even better
Thanks again for tips and photos.

Really appreciate everyone's feedback. Very, very helpful.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 169 Likes on 118 Posts
E90 M3, F80 M3, C63 507, F90 M5
Originally Posted by zibby43
New OEM Front Replacement Lip from Mode Carbon just arrived.

Can't wait to get it installed.

Quality is excellent. The product was packaged very, very meticulously.

I would like to thank Nicholas from Mode Carbon for all of his help. Mode Carbon is extremely professional and easy to do business with. The front lip is just the beginning. Thanks again, Nick!
Thanks for the kind words, Andrew. Can't wait to see it installed!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by Mode Carbon
Thanks for the kind words, Andrew. Can't wait to see it installed!
My pleasure! As soon as I get the car cleaned up, it's going on. I'll be sure to take plenty of photos. Then it'll be on to the side vents, etc.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Diamond White C63 Coupe
Enjoy man! Great choice!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by OlegKouz
Enjoy man! Great choice!
Thanks man! Appreciate it. It looks like you have the Luftstrom Front Lip (and a few other Mode Carbon goodies too, it appears). Looks awesome!
Old 10-15-2014, 12:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Hey there, just curious if you guys can elaborate on the removal of the stock front spoiler/lip with keeping the bumper on. I would love to know if this is a simple task for a novice installing something like this. And how does the new one fit in place? Is there any extra hardware needed? Thanks
Old 10-15-2014, 11:53 AM

2005 C320 Coupe | 2002 IS300
Originally Posted by LakeShow23
Hey there, just curious if you guys can elaborate on the removal of the stock front spoiler/lip with keeping the bumper on. I would love to know if this is a simple task for a novice installing something like this. And how does the new one fit in place? Is there any extra hardware needed? Thanks

I would consider this pretty simple like the others who have chimed in above. The factory lip comes off with 8 plastic pop style clips. Four on the bottom are easily accessible from under the car. Having one side or the entire front end jacked up makes it easier esp. if your car is lowered although I did it without raising the car. After you get the bottoms off you will need to take the top clips off. They are on the other side of the bottom grille. You can pop two off by sticking a flathead screwdriver past the grill since it's too tight for finger access. There are two on either end which are under what looks like the parking sensor boxes. Remove the bottom splash guard which takes a bunch of 8mm silver bolts (approx 14). Once thats down you can pop the clips off from under the car. Clean the surface and go in reverse order for re-installing the plastic clips on the new MC piece and enjoy!

Last edited by RocaBENZ; 10-15-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: grammar adj.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Yep, super easy to install with the bumper on on the car

Great piece, honestly one of the cleanest aftermarket pieces I've seen and installed.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
Originally Posted by zibby43
Has anyone here installed this by themselves? Would love to know if it's a DIY type of job with the right tools.
I installed mine with the bumper cover on. 1 hour tops.

If you have skinny arms and can reach behind and under you should be OK!
Old 11-22-2014, 02:59 AM

C63 P31 Coupe 13'
Zibby I am guessing you have installed it by now? Can you show us some pics?
Old 11-22-2014, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by El-Debs
Zibby I am guessing you have installed it by now? Can you show us some pics?
I haven't gotten around to installing it yet. I kept collecting additional mods after I received the lip (Mode Carbon side vents, ROW air boxes, 507 Edition alcantara gear selector, Eurocharged V5, AMG door pins, etc.). I am also planning on getting the Mode Carbon rear spoiler and diffuser.

I always prefer installing everything at once.

Since it's the winter here, I didn't want to subject the carbon fiber to months of salt, snow, slush, and grime. I will have everything I need in the spring and will install it all then. After installation, I will take several photos.