C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning for anyone thinking about going to Eurocharged DC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 11:00 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
06 SL65AMG, 13 Tesla Model S 60kwh, 02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0, 12 S550 4 Matic, 07 E320 Bluetec, 06 LX470
I'm just giving my review of my own experience, if that was the case then yeah it's messed up but I don't think all of this story is being told maybe Rick should shed light? But talking to someone who talked to Rick I was told that check was already made, but that's why he should shed some light.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by V12TTenthusiast
I'm just giving my review of my own experience, if that was the case then yeah it's messed up but I don't think all of this story is being told maybe Rick should shed light? But talking to someone who talked to Rick I was told that check was already made, but that's why he should shed some light.
A check was made from Rick as partial refund for the defective wrap. Check came personally from Rick not from EC. Please read the whole thread and you'll see why OP posted this thread.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
A check was made from Rick as partial refund for the defective wrap. Check came personally from Rick not from EC. Please read the whole thread and you'll see why OP posted this thread.
The 5 out of 50 people posting just assumed it was a euro charged issue when ive clearly stated it was PAUL. They havnt read anything and just wanna run their mouthes but let them lol, its not just me "claiming" i had a bad experience as they make it out to be, people are coming out with their own personal experiences and i see like 4 good ones out of many.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by V12TTenthusiast
Honesty I can't agree with this post, I've had my LSD, custom 3 inch exhaust, intakes, and service work done on my E, S, and SL as well as my 2 other Lexus (IS and LX) I have brought there. Sure every shop is going to have some unhappy customers, but they have done a great job on the car's I have and when ever there is a problem, Paul will check everything to make sure things are okay. And if there is something that isnt fixed he will take extra time into the weekend to fix them without changing me extra.

He has even worked weekends and dropped my cars off on his time when I'm busy to my home. Other fourm members like Black Benz used the shop for that custom dyno tuning which ran the low 10 or djrabbi who gets his service done their sell alot of stuff on the forum which is known as a reputable seller and I'm sure he can vouch too.
Please do not speak for me
Old 03-31-2014, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by MaroonC63
The 5 out of 50 people posting just assumed it was a euro charged issue when ive clearly stated it was PAUL. They havnt read anything and just wanna run their mouthes but let them lol, its not just me "claiming" i had a bad experience as they make it out to be, people are coming out with their own personal experiences and i see like 4 good ones out of many.
I don't have a horse in this race and have nothing against you or Eurocharged, I am a neutral third party but maybe the reason 5 out of 50 people assume this is a Eurocharged issue and not a Paul issue is due to the title of your thread. The title of your thread names Eurocharged and makes no mention of Paul so maybe you should have been more clear when you titled your thread. FWIW I take it as you knocking both EC and Paul.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart
I don't have a horse in this race and have nothing against you or Eurocharged, I am a neutral third party but maybe the reason 5 out of 50 people assume this is a Eurocharged issue and not a Paul issue is due to the title of your thread. The title of your thread names Eurocharged and makes no mention of Paul so maybe you should have been more clear when you titled your thread. FWIW I take it as you knocking both EC and Paul.
I see what you mean, agreed. Really it's that specific location though, which i tried to make clear in my first post, because he runs that shop and he's half owner. Paul is basically that location and mostly everything is under his hands, because believe me, Jerry wouldn't stand for this. Im glad i brought it to their attention as they were blinded through everything that has gone on at that shop. EC, connected to that shop and having their name associated with that place will give them a bad rep that they've done so honestly to achieve. Just looking out for everyone here as many people i know personally have been extremely burned by that location and owner.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
I see what you mean, agreed. Really it's that specific location though, which i tried to make clear in my first post, because he runs that shop and he's half owner. Paul is basically that location and mostly everything is under his hands, because believe me, Jerry wouldn't stand for this. Im glad i brought it to their attention as they were blinded through everything that has gone on at that shop. EC, connected to that shop and having their name associated with that place will give them a bad rep that they've done so honestly to achieve. Just looking out for everyone here as many people i know personally have been extremely burned by that location and owner.
Maybe you should change your title to "Warning for anyone thinking about going to Paul (DC)."

I can appreciate what you're doing, but to those that don't meticulously read your posts or just glance at the topic, they might think you're attacking Eurocharged the entity.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by zibby43
Maybe you should change your title to "Warning for anyone thinking about going to Paul (DC)."

I can appreciate what you're doing, but to those that don't meticulously read your posts or just glance at the topic, they might think you're attacking Eurocharged the entity.
Good idea! But those people that don't read are the same ones that end up getting burned by the person that's being talked about. But thank you, title changed!
Old 03-31-2014, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Does the shop in question have a sign outside that says Eurocharged. If so, then the title is appropriate. Additionally, searching the internet for Eurocharged DC takes you right to the shop in question, again, appropriate title.

The point is, the shop is identifying itself as Eurocharged (whether they are supposed to or not is not the point here). As such, they are tarnishing the name. It is up to whomever is franchising out the name to take appropriate steps against the shop.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
Does the shop in question have a sign outside that says Eurocharged. If so, then the title is appropriate. Additionally, searching the internet for Eurocharged DC takes you right to the shop in question, again, appropriate title.

The point is, the shop is identifying itself as Eurocharged (whether they are supposed to or not is not the point here). As such, they are tarnishing the name. It is up to whomever is franchising out the name to take appropriate steps against the shop.
Point taken also. But i really had no intention of bashing the whole company as i still stand by their tunes 100%. And if changing the title will make people realize its just that specific location instead of piggy backing off the title, than so be it.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
I'm confused.

Eurocharged opened a shop in DC in partnership with some local gear heads.
I was at the open house. It was clear then, as it is now, that this was a Eurocharged project....not an authorized reseller, but a branch of EC.

THAT FACT CANNOT BE DISPUTED.

So why are you guys even arguing that EC is being unfairly picked on??
The work was preformed at their shop.

I am not saying they are at fault...I no nothing about the situation. But if something did go bad, shifting blame away from EC is just wrong.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Worth the wait
I'm confused.

I was at the open house. It was clear then, as it is now, that this was a Eurocharged project....not an authorized reseller, but a branch of EC.

I am not saying they are at fault...I no nothing about the situation. But if something did go bad, shifting blame away from EC is just wrong.
I was one of those who waited to get on the dyno and left after waiting, their open house was very unorganized. But i can see where people are coming from, EC does do everything they can to make any mistake right. But when its tons of customers that have an issue, it goes back to that shop owner because honestly, i can genuinly understand why it would be so hard being ontop of things that happen at a location thousands of miles away with just the OWNER who is causing the issues word. So i believe my thread shed some outside light to them and make sure they understand its a big problem and not just an isolated incident.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
From what I understand, the DC location is a franchise...independently owned and operated.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
I'm confused.

Because it's a franchise.

For example, there's a fast food chain that operates in my area. Unlike a place such as Walmart, in which corporate controls all of the stores, this fast-food restaurant allows independently owned/operated franchises.

At one location, the ownership sucks. The food is constantly lousy and so is the service. At the other location, the food is always outstanding, my order never gets messed up, and the service is great. Hell, I only go there once a week for a quick lunch or dinner and the owner herself is the one there running it. She knows me by name and asks me how my last meal was.

If I were to to have a bad experience with the company at the crappy location, I would single it out in order to avoid damaging the business of the other location (which is always outstanding).

If I had a bad experience at Walmart, on the other hand, I would hold the company responsible as the company itself is responsible for all stores.

Weird analogy but I tried to make it as simple as possible.

PS - Yes, a company that allows franchises can step in on behalf of the consumer if the franchisee is running a crappy business. However, because of the slight disconnect, it may take some time for the investigation to conclude. Once it has concluded, if the franchisee's offense is bad enough, he/she could lose the franchise/be replaced.

Last edited by zibby43; 03-31-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I'm confused.

Originally Posted by BK63amg
From what I understand, the DC location is a franchise...independently owned and operated.

It is a EC store. Paul just happens to own it. Gotta pay close attention when you let anyone buy into your franchise.......this could be the result. Worth is dead right.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Seems really simple to me. If you want to utilize EC then order the handheld and tune the car yourself as I did.
If you want additional work done to your car, don't go see Paul as his reputation among us has been tarnished. Take the time to research the nearest most reputable shop in town and go spend your money there, if you are incapable of installing the mods yourself.

I have a hard time believing that the majority of us here, at this point (obviously somewhat established if we are affording a lifestyle involving a C63.) haven't had previously modded cars in the past. I also have a hard time believing the majority of us don't already have a good handle on who is capable of working on these cars and who is not at this point. So then why switch shops, stick with your mechanic that you know will treat you and your car right.

I for one would never have gone to them in the first place, not unless I had a few outstanding recommendations from serious enthusiasts. Would I take my vehicle to Weistec and drop it off and expect it back in pristine condition with all mods working properly, yes, why?, because their reputation tells me so.

Maybe Paul's forte isn't MB's, I don't know.

Good luck to all involved.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 / 13 C63
Originally Posted by Autosport7
Sheesh, I hope MBs are his forte.

He owns a performance shop that has its biggest name in MB products/tuning.

Not to mention he's building his own twin turbo kit for his E55 after he failed to pay up for a shop in the Midwest to complete it, and brought it back to his shop to do it himself.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ELITE_KOV
Sheesh, I hope MBs are his forte.

He owns a performance shop that has its biggest name in MB products/tuning.

Not to mention he's building his own twin turbo kit for his E55 after he failed to pay up for a shop in the Midwest to complete it, and brought it back to his shop to do it himself.
I'm not familiar with them or their shop, hence the "I don't know" comment following "Maybe Paul's forte isn't MB's". I was just sharing my .02 with regard to where I would or would not have work done on my car.
Although I would say, I would think twice about buying a tt setup off someone who can not seem to get a simple header install correct without recourse... Again, sharing .02.

What is the name of their speed shop and the name of these so called "biggest name in MB products/tuning" by the way?

Last edited by Autosport7; 04-01-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 188 Posts
C63 AMG

This man knows his stuff.

Seems really simple to me. If you want to utilize EC then order the handheld and tune the car yourself as I did.
If you want additional work done to your car, don't go see Paul as his reputation among us has been tarnished. Take the time to research the nearest most reputable shop in town and go spend your money there, if you are incapable of installing the mods yourself.

I have a hard time believing that the majority of us here, at this point (obviously somewhat established if we are affording a lifestyle involving a C63.) haven't had previously modded cars in the past. I also have a hard time believing the majority of us don't already have a good handle on who is capable of working on these cars and who is not at this point. So then why switch shops, stick with your mechanic that you know will treat you and your car right.

I for one would never have gone to them in the first place, not unless I had a few outstanding recommendations from serious enthusiasts. Would I take my vehicle to Weistec and drop it off and expect it back in pristine condition with all mods working properly, yes, why?, because their reputation tells me so.

Good luck to all involved.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:10 PM

06 E55 / 13 C63
I'm not familiar with them or their shop, hence the "I don't know" comment following "Maybe Paul's forte isn't MB's". I was just sharing my .02 with regard to where I would or would not have work done on my car.
Although I would say, I would think twice about buying a tt setup off someone who can not seem to get a simple header install correct without recourse... Again, sharing .02.

What is the name of their speed shop and the name of these so called "biggest name in MB products/tuning" by the way?
I was making a general comment, don't get your panties in a bunch now.

As for your last sentence, not sure if you're serious. Eurocharged.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Kriston

This man knows his stuff.
Don't know about that... lol
Didn't know about your sig! lmao.

I was making a general comment, don't get your panties in a bunch now.

As for your last sentence, not sure if you're serious. Eurocharged.
No no, sorry if it came across that way, no bunched up panties here. Just trying to clarify where I was coming from is all.
I thought you meant he had other products that were "his" products that were out on the market. For sure I stand behind Eurocharged all day long as their tune has worked flawlessly (THUS FAR) in my C. I guess I was just under the impression he was more of an existing speed shop owner that had bought into Eurocharged...?
Old 04-01-2014, 01:22 PM

06 E55 / 13 C63
Don't know about that... lol
Didn't know about your sig! lmao.

No no, sorry if it came across that way, no bunched up panties here. Just trying to clarify where I was coming from is all.
I thought you meant he had other products that were "his" products that were out on the market. For sure I stand behind Eurocharged all day long as their tune has worked flawlessly (THUS FAR) in my C. I guess I was just under the impression he was more of an existing speed shop owner that had bought into Eurocharged...?
Sorry for the confusion on my part too, I probably could've been more clear and worded it better

I just hope more of the horror stories don't start popping up. I have a gut feeling some people are holding back either because they are waiting for the right moment or for lawsuits/financial reasons.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Sorry for the confusion on my part too, I probably could've been more clear and worded it better

I just hope more of the horror stories don't start popping up. I have a gut feeling some people are holding back either because they are waiting for the right moment or for lawsuits/financial reasons.
No problem. Sometimes words on a screen can create a negative connotation when it is purely innocent, I get it.
As for Paul and his speed shop and all involved, I truly wish them the best. It isn't easy as a business owner to happify everyone who walks through the door. And as a consumer, I think most are just looking for a job done well, not looking for special treatment, just what you paid for. Sometimes thos expectations don't get met unfortunately, but they will get it sorted out I am sure.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:41 PM

I know a couple that havnt posted their experience and have posted on my thread. Did you hear about the darker yellow m3 that just blew his engine after Paul worked on it for 2 months? Never ends.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:45 PM

06 E55 / 13 C63
Did you hear about the darker yellow m3 that just blew his engine after Paul worked on it for 2 months? Never ends.
Oh man, no, I didn't hear about that. Wow. Why am I not surprised?

I frequent the E55 section more than here, but I know there are easily a handful of guys on there that have had work done and probably aren't posting their experiences for the time being, but will eventually -

Paul is actually posting in the E55 section, too. He's probably just ignoring your thread and mine cause he has nothing to say on the accusations. Hmmm, I wonder why...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warning for anyone thinking about going to Eurocharged DC