Sponsored by:

Warning for anyone thinking about going to Eurocharged DC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Warning for anyone thinking about going to Paul of "EC DC"

First, let me start off by saying Jerry and Rick have done their part, and their tunes are incredible, but the shop here in dc is far from half decent.

After 3 months of patience, it was time for me to go public before more people got hurt by Paul of euro charged DC. I have told others to chime in and write about their dreadful experience. Me and Paul hit it off, seemed like a great guy, till my new c63 was messed up and played with. He took on jobs that he wasnt supposed to using the euro charged name for authenticity. I wont get into the awful wrap job that took 17 days and messed up my paint, because Jerry and Rick have personally fixed that and refunded me every penny because Paul refused to when it wasnt their fault and they had no knowledge of Paul doing jobs like this. I had headers installed at euro charged, took two days and the headers have failed on me twice because of a poor install leaving me stranded for an hour or two in the AM waiting for a tow truck. Payed out of pocket to get that fixed, and it wasnt cheap. I asked for a refund, and i was constantly told that a check has been sent out, it was never sent and he never intended to refund me my money. He claimed to have tuned my car, because i purchased a tune during my header install come later to find out the tune was never put on the car, Jerry sent me a file and i did it via the tuner.

Paul has made a lot of customers never go back to that shop, and if i were to post the things that have happened to my friends cars, this would turn over very quickly. They will be creating accounts to share their awful experiences. This post isnt to bash eurocharged, because i still stand by their tunes, but Paul has messed up too many cars and customers paying hundreds/thousands out of pocket to get their cars fixed and using eurocharged's name to bring himself business. Ive never had such a dreadful experience like ive had at this shop. Ive also never met someone in the car industry that put me through what Paul has. I dont know the rules of the forums, but i have texts and emails showing how he was scheming against me. Sadly my friends have gone through worse than i have. I was going to put in a lot of work there but thankfully i had a bad experience before he started body work etc like he claimed to know how to do.

Last edited by MaroonC63; 03-31-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
i've seen you mention making this thread before, but never saw it so i figured everything had been taken care of. curious to know what happened to other people as well. i have heard some grumblings about that location though. i wonder if they'll keep him there or replace him? these cars are definitely not just toys so there's no excuse for all that stuff to have gone down the way it has.

btw...what kind of body work are you doing? are you going to go wide body?
Old 03-28-2014, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by JPetros2008
i've seen you mention making this thread before, but never saw it so i figured everything had been taken care of. curious to know what happened to other people as well. i have heard some grumblings about that location though. i wonder if they'll keep him there or replace him? these cars are definitely not just toys so there's no excuse for all that stuff to have gone down the way it has.

btw...what kind of body work are you doing? are you going to go wide body?
Yes. Has been mentioned, i gave them another chance but months of waiting and asking for a check was absurd, he stopped replying, which is okay because hes very unprofessional in his replies, borderline threatened me lol. I cant say anything about them keeping him there, but if they do, the shop will be very short lived as hes already lost most of his middle easterners business.

To answer your last question! Yeah, i wanted to do a wide body, Paul said t could be done for less than 3000 which of course was extremely appealing, i was told to check out a shop near RRT( who fixed everything and were extremely professional and courteous to all my needs) that does amazing body work on respectable cars. Its called D&V.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
this is why i always pay with amex. they'll pretty much ALWAYS take care of you if something like this happens.

don't want to derail your thread, but the wide body would be awesome. hope you go through with it and post pics so i can live vicariously through you haha. if you were just going to add rear fender flares, then i think about $3000 sounds right. i've read of a couple people doing it and they all paid about $2-$3k. if you get a whole body kit though, then it all starts adding up quickly when you also factor in the cost of the actual kit.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by MaroonC63
First, let me start off by saying Jerry and Rick have done their part, and their tunes are incredible, but the shop here in dc is far from half decent.

After 3 months of patience, it was time for me to go public before more people got hurt by Paul of euro charged DC. I have told others to chime in and write about their dreadful experience. Me and Paul hit it off, seemed like a great guy, till my new c63 was messed up and played with. He took on jobs that he wasnt supposed to using the euro charged name for authenticity. I wont get into the awful wrap job that took 17 days and messed up my paint, because Jerry and Rick have personally fixed that and refunded me every penny because Paul refused to when it wasnt their fault and they had no knowledge of Paul doing jobs like this. I had headers installed at euro charged, took two days and the headers have failed on me twice because of a poor install leaving me stranded for an hour or two in the AM waiting for a tow truck. Payed out of pocket to get that fixed, and it wasnt cheap. I asked for a refund, and i was constantly told that a check has been sent out, it was never sent and he never intended to refund me my money. He claimed to have tuned my car, because i purchased a tune during my header install come later to find out the tune was never put on the car, Jerry sent me a file and i did it via the tuner.

Paul has made a lot of customers never go back to that shop, and if i were to post the things that have happened to my friends cars, this would turn over very quickly. They will be creating accounts to share their awful experiences. This post isnt to bash eurocharged, because i still stand by their tunes, but Paul has messed up too many cars and customers paying hundreds/thousands out of pocket to get their cars fixed and using eurocharged's name to bring himself business. Ive never had such a dreadful experience like ive had at this shop. Ive also never met someone in the car industry that put me through what Paul has. I dont know the rules of the forums, but i have texts and emails showing how he was scheming against me. Sadly my friends have gone through worse than i have. I was going to put in a lot of work there but thankfully i had a bad experience before he started body work etc like he claimed to know how to do.
Great, informative post!!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pertplus
Great, informative post!!
Ahaha i can never tell if youre being sarcastic pert!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Can you share any more detail on what went wrong with the headers install?

Trending Topics

Old 03-28-2014, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by AMG Boost
Can you share any more detail on what went wrong with the headers install?
Well this is what my SA at mercedes said and i quote " the problem isnt the headers, its the install, the clamps were not put on to connect to the midpipes. " Paul took and kept my OEM headers and primary cats which i eventually just let go because he would always change the subject, so him taking the clamps and not installing them was rediculous. The second time, one of the heads connected to the mount was loose from the install, finally gave out causing a misfire on 1-4 leaving my car immobile at 3 am on the highway. Which i came to realize the mercedes SOS system stinks lol.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
You drove the car with a stock tune and catless headers? Thats not good.

How the hell do you botch installing headers, its the simplest thing ever.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Alex, I'll take Pert always being sarcastic for $500…...
Old 03-28-2014, 08:31 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
Sounds like this guy (Paul) shouldn't be laying hands on cars, any cars. Dangerous. To think if he ever did brake jobs, good God. I agree stay away.

I empathize for you MaroonC63.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:56 PM

2019 Audi TT RS, 2020 BMW X3M Competition
Good to know. I was thinking about using them in the future. Will definitely steer clear now!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:05 PM

C63 ///AMG P30
Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely avoid that shop for service as long as Paul is working there. I also heard from other brand car forums about this shop and mentioning shoddy work from this guy with bad attitude. Especially this area, lots of car enthusiast. Shop like that will not last long if they keep him around.

I feel your pain. If I get a tune from EC I'll go to Jerry.

As for body and paint work D&V is the best but $$$$
Old 03-28-2014, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Well this is what my SA at mercedes said and i quote " the problem isnt the headers, its the install, the clamps were not put on to connect to the midpipes. " Paul took and kept my OEM headers and primary cats which i eventually just let go because he would always change the subject, so him taking the clamps and not installing them was rediculous. The second time, one of the heads connected to the mount was loose from the install, finally gave out causing a misfire on 1-4 leaving my car immobile at 3 am on the highway. Which i came to realize the mercedes SOS system stinks lol.
That's a minimum discount replacement cost of $3K if you ever need them. Get them back!
Old 03-28-2014, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by sinape62
Sounds like this guy (Paul) shouldn't be laying hands on cars, any cars. Dangerous. To think if he ever did brake jobs, good God. I agree stay away.

I empathize for you MaroonC63.
Lol what makes you think he hasnt left any break lines exposed . Honestly one of the grimiest people i've met in my entire life, takes peoples hard earned money without resentment, theres a reason he gives discounts for cash , and working in an embassy, you meet some crazies but this one takes the cake . Let's hope he just doesnt send me a text saying "Youre so hard over the phone" again when he reads this!

Originally Posted by bmoney12
Good to know. I was thinking about using them in the future. Will definitely steer clear now!
Check out RRT if you ever want an excellent shop! LOVED their work and knowledge.

Originally Posted by estrellajon
Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely avoid that shop for service as long as Paul is working there. I also heard from other brand car forums about this shop and mentioning shoddy work from this guy with bad attitude. Especially this area, lots of car enthusiast. Shop like that will not last long if they keep him around.

I feel your pain. If I get a tune from EC I'll go to Jerry.

As for body and paint work D&V is the best but $$$$
Yeah, i told Jerry i'd consider checking them out as long as Paul no longer worked there but im sure it's not that easy for them. Shady is a complete understatement, hopefully my buddies chime in, because their stories are horrific.
As for the tune, Jerry is the man!

Originally Posted by bhamg
That's a minimum discount replacement cost of $3K if you ever need them. Get them back!
I would try, but from an inside source, he sold them.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:19 AM

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Maroon;

thanks was just about to call these guys, you have a pint waiting in NYC

LSAMG
Old 03-29-2014, 05:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
This is the reason I'm driving all the way out to Colo Springs to have Cory at Kleemann USA work my mods. Having a 2.0 autorotor SC installed this summer. Hopefully a set of MBH long tubes as well.

To be fair and balanced - my experience at EC-DC was "OK." Too many friends having bad experiences has warned me off though.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:52 AM

C63 ///AMG P30
So this Paul dude is a mechanic / manager over there? Can't EC headquarters do any damage control with this guy?
Old 03-29-2014, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dead serious!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Rock
Alex, I'll take Pert always being sarcastic for $500…...
As someone who warned the public about the incompetency at ACG, I enjoy these threads. Members helping members!!! You just lost the daily double Rock!!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by LSAMG
Maroon;

thanks was just about to call these guys, you have a pint waiting in NYC

LSAMG
Have you checked out ACM? I visited their shop for a friend that supercharged his m3, seems like they can definitely do work on MBS too.

Originally Posted by FFXF1
This is the reason I'm driving all the way out to Colo Springs to have Cory at Kleemann USA work my mods. Having a 2.0 autorotor SC installed this summer. Hopefully a set of MBH long tubes as well.

To be fair and balanced - my experience at EC-DC was "OK." Too many friends having bad experiences has warned me off though.
When safety becomes an issue because of a shops work, "ok" doesnt cut it after that! Honestly, you can hit up RRT, expensive but you get what you pay for and more! Cant wait to see the beast finished up bro!

Originally Posted by estrellajon
So this Paul dude is a mechanic / manager over there? Can't EC headquarters do any damage control with this guy?
Half owner i believe, they have two other mechanics that works there, one i know personally, knowledgeable but to be honest wouldnt trust him with my car lol the other is allergic to staying past 5 lol hes out the door by then no matter what. Paul is NO mechanic, but he does a lot of the work lol and still takes centuries for simple jobs with all the shortcuts he takes.
Originally Posted by Pertplus
As someone who warned the public about the incompetency at ACG, I enjoy these threads. Members helping members!!! You just lost the daily double Rock!!
Honestly, i was never going to say anything, but i heard some stories that pretty much made my heart break, and no one wanted to speak up because these guys took Paul out invited him to their houses etc and he messed up their cars. God knows what he'll do to peoples cars that he doesnt know, so it was time to speak up.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Def go to d and v Autobody. They do good work. It's where Ferrari Maserati take their cars to get fixed. Was there and they had. A Lamborghini murci there getting fixed. Took my car there after getting rear ended. Ahmad there took care of my car. Again sorry to hear the issues you ran into.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Familiar with D&V and RRT. Both great shops with great reps. Not familiar with ACM - do you have a lead? Since I'm getting a Kleemann blower I want "The Man" to install it. Cory has been great to work with, and his rep is bulletproof. When it comes time install the CF driveshaft, Quaife LSD, upgraded axles, brakes and body mods I'll be looking for a local shop that's up to the task. Thanks for the refs.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by FFXF1
Familiar with D&V and RRT. Both great shops with great reps. Not familiar with ACM - do you have a lead? Since I'm getting a Kleemann blower I want "The Man" to install it. Cory has been great to work with, and his rep is bulletproof. When it comes time install the CF driveshaft, Quaife LSD, upgraded axles, brakes and body mods I'll be looking for a local shop that's up to the task. Thanks for the refs.
Auto couture motors, theyre certified ESS installers and have hell of a rep if youre willing to go to their location in New Jersey. I met the master tech that installs the chargers, and ive never met such an a***OCD perfectionist. He loves his passion and does insane work.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:50 PM

06 E55 / 13 C63
First off, OP I'm sorry you had to go through this. I own an E55 and actually went to the open house of EC DC. From the start, they were F'd. They had zero clue how to organize the customers, were only interested in this group of rich kids and their cars......prob bribe money involved to tune their cars first. They, and by they I mean Paul ......kept telling customers they are next, but they really weren't next.

They are horrible businessmen and even worse they don't have staff that knows what they are doing. They were reading instructions Iike it was written in greek, all Con fused . Anyway, I will never return there and neither will any friends with other car makes.

I'm surprised Paul is still associated with euro charged. I figured Jerry would've shut them down long ago.

DO NOT GO THERE FOLKS!!!!!

EDIT: RICK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!!!! HE KEPT EVERYONE COOL AND CALM AND WAS THE BEST THING FOR THE EC DC OPEN HOUSE.

OP....mind if I post in the E55 section?
Those guys need to know. Lots of dc va and md guys go there or want to go.

Last edited by ELITE_KOV; 03-30-2014 at 12:17 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warning for anyone thinking about going to Eurocharged DC