Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2014 | 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
You'll miss the torque with the M5.
Old 06-11-2014 | 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
I'm die hard AMG, but my next ride is this....

Rear Drive / Dual Clutch....and the best looking 4 door coupe out there....(makes a Panamera look like a camper)

Old 06-11-2014 | 10:39 AM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Nissan GTR.
Old 06-11-2014 | 11:06 AM

your mom
1) Audi S7? You can have one with warranty for 70k. And its plenty fast.
2) I have been in same boat as you. Only slightly opposite. I am looking to sell my 11' Quartz Blue C63 with only 17k miles and another 2 years of warranty left to get something "similar" but easier on gas. I need 4 doors and 5 passenger capacity. I was offered $46k by CarMax.

Think E63 / E550 / A8 4.0T.

I keep thinking that I'll miss the AMG exhaust and that's why the E63 is still in the mix.

I also have an option to go get a 2012 S550. I am just worried that I'll miss the AMG exhaust.
Old 06-11-2014 | 11:23 AM

2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by callmiro

Rear Drive / Dual Clutch....and the best looking 4 door coupe out there....(makes a Panamera look like a camper)

I've seen a few on the street, absolutely stunning. Kinda how the CLS looked when it first came out, sleek and muscular.
Old 06-11-2014 | 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Love the m6 gc but cant get over the fake sound haha
Old 06-11-2014 | 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by w204_Generic
Nissan GTR.
Like I said over and over... I want a sedan.

Well gents,

The Porsche is now out of my hands. I technically still own it but will hopefully be sold by the end of the week.

Next, I drove the f10 m5... This car is amazing, seriously. As soon as I sat in it I got all gitty and that was just from sitting and grabbing the steering wheel with the car off. The dealership pretty much let me do what I wanted with the car because I drove up in the Turbo so they knew I meant business. Otherwise, I'm young and when buying the C63 I got jerked around a little and not taken seriously but that changed with 20k cash in their face. But I digress...

The M5 is a drivers car. It is extremely comfortable, inside and out gorgeous yet maintains somewhat inconspicuous, and it performs. The twisties were a blast and it gets up and goes plenty well. I didn't even bury my foot into it because I'm not the type of person to go just romp on a car just because I'm interested in it.

Everyone that talks about torque...

*zipping up flame suit*...

Does the C63 have Torque? Yes. But go look at graphs and you'll see that these biturbo 5.5s/4.4s have so much more down low. The C63 has a good amount down low and builds torque as you go. This M5 hits you with all of it's torque very early and then dies off late (and almost at the end) of the powerband but it doesn't even matter at that point because the HP has just taken over.

I know what the C63 is all about. I've had one. But at this point if the Porsche sells in the next couple weeks chances are I am going to end up in an M5. If I just can't swing it I'll be back in a C63 which isn't the end of the world.

Some mentioned Audi. I have an RS4 now and love it. That said, I won't be happy in an S4/S6/S7. If I got an Audi it would have to be the RS7 and those are a bit out of my price range right now. If I spend that I'd get an E63S 4matic.
Old 06-11-2014 | 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by norb
You'll miss the torque with the M5.
Go drive an f10 m5. You'll have a whole new understanding of torque.
Old 06-11-2014 | 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
For sure M5 is a luxurious cruiser. Not the type of car you bring to the track and have fun with I think. It is fast for sure but I'm in love with N/A engines so.... lol
How does it feel weight wise?
Old 06-11-2014 | 12:40 PM

2016 C63S AMG SEDAN
When I bought my C63 I test drove so many cars its ridiculous. Maserati GranSport, Panamera, BMW M3, BMW M5, BMW M6, Jaguar sedan (can't remember exact model the supercharged one), there were more test drives but in the end the final two were an M6, because it still had room as a 2 door for 4 passengers and the C63 sedan. Garage size was also a concern for me. So in the end back to back test drives, the C63 won as my personal preference. The M5 in the pic above looks REALLY nice though. I didn't find one that nice/aggressive when looking or may have gone with it.
Old 06-11-2014 | 12:44 PM

2016 C63S AMG SEDAN
I forgot the CTS-V sedan, rag on American built cars all you guys want but with a SC engine, intake & exhaust it is NO slouch. Also you get a good bang for the buck. You can buy a like new low mileage loaded CTS-V and have one hell of a car to drive daily with all the bells and whistles you don't get in a C-class car. Again I just couldn't find one that I liked better than the C63.
Old 06-11-2014 | 02:13 PM

SL63
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG

Well gents,

The Porsche is now out of my hands. I technically still own it but will hopefully be sold by the end of the week.

Next, I drove the f10 m5... This car is amazing, seriously. As soon as I sat in it I got all gitty and that was just from sitting and grabbing the steering wheel with the car off. The dealership pretty much let me do what I wanted with the car because I drove up in the Turbo so they knew I meant business. Otherwise, I'm young and when buying the C63 I got jerked around a little and not taken seriously but that changed with 20k cash in their face. But I digress...

The M5 is a drivers car. It is extremely comfortable, inside and out gorgeous yet maintains somewhat inconspicuous, and it performs. The twisties were a blast and it gets up and goes plenty well. I didn't even bury my foot into it because I'm not the type of person to go just romp on a car just because I'm interested in it.

Does the C63 have Torque? Yes. But go look at graphs and you'll see that these biturbo 5.5s/4.4s have so much more down low. The C63 has a good amount down low and builds torque as you go. This M5 hits you with all of it's torque very early and then dies off late (and almost at the end) of the powerband but it doesn't even matter at that point because the HP has just taken over.

I know what the C63 is all about. I've had one. But at this point if the Porsche sells in the next couple weeks chances are I am going to end up in an M5. If I just can't swing it I'll be back in a C63 which isn't the end of the world.

Some mentioned Audi. I have an RS4 now and love it. That said, I won't be happy in an S4/S6/S7. If I got an Audi it would have to be the RS7 and those are a bit out of my price range right now. If I spend that I'd get an E63S 4matic.
To those who say the M5 doesn't have torque, I don't know what they're talking about. The C63 is the one lacking torque in comparison. My M5 with just charcoal delete and K&N filters put down 511 torque at the wheels and 559 rwhp. They're seriously underrated.
Attached Thumbnails I miss my AMG, buy another?-m5-dyno.jpg  
Old 06-11-2014 | 02:30 PM

2009 C63
Hello everyone, again.

After selling my C63 for a 911 Turbo I find myself regretting this decision every single day of my life. Seriously. My 911 would do unforgivable things to my C in the performance department. However, there is just something not right. I also have 2 cars and am paying $1250+ / month on them. The $1250 a month doesn't bother me much right now, but the 2 car thing does. I'd like to have just 1.

Next, I find that my newest car being a 2007 I am missing out on so much new technology in cars. A new Kia has more interior amenities than my Porsche that MSRP's over $100k... I'd rather be cruising around in something that is just nice to be in than something that I know can beat almost any car on the road....

...Am I getting older? Becoming more practical? Being less, fun?...

Who knows.

Anyway, may the fun begin! Help me spend money.

What I'm trading: 2007 Audi RS4 and 2001 Porsche Turbo

The contenders on what to trade for (Sorry, not all MB content):

2013 F10 M5
2013+ Audi S4/S6
2012+ C63
2014 E550 4matic
2014 CLS550 4matic
** Insert something I'm not thinking of **

Also, here are some must haves:

- MUST be 4 door. I don't want an SUV either, just sedans. Nothing long either (S class, 7 series, A8, etc. I have a short garage that couldn't fit a 7 series)

- 2012+. I find that this is really the best year to start looking. For a few reasons, one being financing.

- MUST have a great audio systems. Harmon Kardon, Bose, etc. I like my music and miss the Harmon Kardon my C63 had.

- I'd like to have something with a decent aftermarket market. Meaning, I'd like something I can tune with an exhaust. Also lower it and put it on a set of nice wheels with some light cosmetics. Nothing crazy, just "tasteful" as most say.

- Exhaust note. Now, My C63 had gutted secondary cats and no resonator. I absolutely loved the sound and I realize that not much if anything will beat it. However, other cars out there still sound pretty freakin' good.

- AWD would be nice which is why I'm leaning toward Audi Quattro or 4matic. However, I've driven RWD plenty in the lovely NY snow that we get so RWD isn't the end of the world.

- MPGs, well, if I could have it all then that would be the perfect car. Not too worried here either. The C63 had the best MPG of my past few cars.

Lastly, I realize I listed cars that have quite varying price ranges. Like I said, Right now I'm spending ~$1250/mo and it isn't the end of the world. If I could find something I really liked and spend less then obviously I'd do it. Lets just say for the sake of argument I'd like to spend $75,000 or less.

Open to hear what you all have to say! One thing though, try not to be brand biased. I really like all of them and have had bmw/mb/audi/and porsche at this point. I'd appreciate it if we spoke as though none of these cars had a brand name, just a model, if you get what I mean.

Thanks everyone! Look forward to seeing what ideas come up.

Alright, inasmuch as you've asked for ideas, based on what's on the list you seem to have everything under control. For me, I'd be leanining towards on of the 4Matics (got a E350 4Matic Wagon on my mind), especially one of the E or CLS 63 S-AMGs..................assuming you live in that neighborhood. I don't, hence the E350 as likely my next purchase, then on to some RennTech upgrades to get the power right. Has a decent V-6 to start with.

Or, of course, a new C63 wouldn't be a bad choice.

But to some other comments, that M6 Gran Coupe is quite tempting. Saw a black one with gunmetal wheels not long ago and it was absolutely bleeping georgeous. And from what I hear, in stock form drives way better than an M5 (minus the Competition Package), which is to say BMW has been listening / made some fixes.

But again, all of your choices are good, so you're a winner regardless of your choice.

Last but not least, if I'm choosing for you? E63 S-AMG Estate, then a little aftermarket trickery...........at least some wider 19" wheels, maybe ECU - possible even a CAI, hi-flow air filter, blah-blah-blah.

Happy hunting, dude.
Old 06-11-2014 | 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
really cant go wrong with the m5... I love it... only thing that does hamper it is the pipped in exhaust sound.... I rather they didn't do that at all... if I wanted to hear generated exhaust notes through a speaker I would be watching youtube all day.... hmm wait a minute

i think you gotta be honest and ask yourself.. are the quirks and downside of the m5 going to nag at you in the long run? if so, might as well save money now and look at something else.

the e63 is really amazing... especially the latest ones. maybe sell Porsche... drive audi for a bit so you close the gap on the loss and then jump into e63 later
Old 06-11-2014 | 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Thanks for all the input everyone.

As mentioned, the Porsche is now out of my hands. One buyer in line already but if that falls through it won't take very long to sell.

Then, if all the ducks are in a line, I'm just going to take the plunge into the m5 before my RS4 breaks 100k miles. Otherwise, I'll have to sit on the RS4 for a while and just build up more cash for something in that $100k range.

The bad news for me, if I build up enough cash I'd tell myself to supercharge the RS4 and that would just be bad news bears haha.

I'll keep you updated. Even though it might not be a Mercedes I think everyone here would appreciate a picture or two.
Old 06-12-2014 | 10:06 AM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport

Well gents,

Old 06-12-2014 | 10:19 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by callmiro

damn that actually looks really nice
Old 06-12-2014 | 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by hyperion667
damn that actually looks really nice
Damnit! My eyes keep drifting away from the car towards your gif.
Old 06-24-2014 | 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Time for a bump and an update.

Well, my friends, the Porsche has been sold... maybe. I've been in contact with a buyer and he wanted some things to be addressed with it. Little things like a door latch sensor that makes the window go up and down, little stuff. However, he did say to me that once they were good to go he will take the car... Cash. So, it is a safe bet.

Onto my end of the car business.

For a while I was strongly considering just keeping my RS4. It really is a great car and fairly reliable. Then, there is the side of me that just knows it isn't the quickest thing on the road, is approaching 100k miles, and at 2007 its... "dated"...

I've since moved on from that thought, as some of you have seen, and I stuck an M5 into my mind foolishly. Then I made an even bigger mistake by driving one and wowing myself with it. I KNOW in the back of my mind what I truly want is the E63S. It reviews better, sounds better, and has AWD among other things. However, I simply just cannot afford it right now.

So, it looks like I'll be back! Except this time in a facelift. Currently searching for a 2012+ C63 that is white on black. This was my "cheapest" option, however, I feel like I will be happiest here. I have missed my C63 day in and day out since I got rid of it. Also, because I will be spending so much less money on the car, I will be able to modify it the way I would like as time goes on and not worry about just making the payments on it.

None of this is set in stone yet obviously. However, once the person who has said they will buy the Porsche signs the paper I don't see it taking very long to find me a C. I'm not going to be extremely picky. I don't need to wait forever and a day to find one optioned perfectly with the unicorn of an LSD with CF interior on white on black etc.

However, there ARE two things that are absolute must haves. It must have black interior and it must have the headlights. I don't understand AMG's with halogens (no offense to those of you that have them) but for me I just have to have those lights. From there on, I can modify things how I want. If I want an LSD I'll just put one in. I can just wrap the interior trim too. And so on...

Anyways, looking forward to coming back here. Stay tuned, things surely will get interesting this time around.
Old 06-24-2014 | 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Smart decision Purple
GL with your car hunting.
Old 06-24-2014 | 04:04 PM

14 GL550; 14 E63s
Lease an M5 for 2-3 years, then consider a E63S before the next gen. There are tons of M5's out there both new and used. Some are even finding their M5 lease payments less than a new M3. I would consider a 2014 though.

I will say though, after driving the M5 for a while, you will long for AWD. I barely look at the gas pedal and the traction control goes off. It does a little better job than the C63 of not robbing you of so much power. But from a roll, this thing is a monster and the DCT is exquisite.

I wanted a sedan with a little more luxury and tech so the M5 has fit the bill perfectly. The heads-up display is amazing!! But I do miss the sound of the C63 at times. I honestly can't tell if the M5 has piped in sound or not. But it can easily be coded off.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 06-24-2014 | 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^ Thanks. Leasing isn't for me though. Any sort of warranty usually lasts 4 seconds when I grab a car. Not only that, but if I have to opt out of the lease I could find myself between a rock and a hard place. Also, the M5 will be expensive.

At the end of the day, the C63 is FAR more affordable for me. While the m5 may have better stats on paper the C63 brings the biggest smile to my face. Always has and always will. Mercedes is just edging BMW out for me right now. Even Audi is hitting me in the good feels as of late.

I think, as mentioned, the best choice for me is to get a C63 and ride it out for 3-4 years. I'll bring you guys along for a fun ride, and myself obviously, then maybe be able to just buy it so I owe nothing, then hop into an E63S when I have more money.

Keep in mind, I'm 24, and a student. I am ironically making money by going to school right now. I also don't have to pay for school. However, once I am out of school if I have no job right away that means I lose a substantial portion of what I take in now. I'd rather be safe in a C than in trouble in an M.

Dropping the title and everything for the Turbo off tomorrow and hopefully it is gone by Friday. Then maybe next friday or the following week I'll have a C.
Old 06-24-2014 | 04:40 PM

your mom

However, there ARE two things that are absolute must haves. It must have black interior and it must have the headlights. I don't understand AMG's with halogens (no offense to those of you that have them) but for me I just have to have those lights. From there on, I can modify things how I want. If I want an LSD I'll just put one in. I can just wrap the interior trim too. And so on...

Anyways, looking forward to coming back here. Stay tuned, things surely will get interesting this time around.
I guess a 11' P31 quartz blue with white interior and ALL options is not something you'd look at. 17k miles.
Old 06-24-2014 | 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^ If they can't find a white, black, or gray C63 I'll let you know! haha.

You selling? Or just throwing it out there
Old 06-24-2014 | 09:57 PM
Veteran: Air Force

2013 C63 Coupe
I know nothing about the car other than it is their new 4 door.
Maserati Gran Turisimo MC, could even buy a new or low mileage CPO. I'm beginning to like what is not too common. It's got a nice exhaust note, different than the C63...but it may be a matter of taste.

Last edited by sinape62; 06-24-2014 at 10:00 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I miss my AMG, buy another?