C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Part Nos. For Straight Swap Of FACTORY SILVER To RED AMG Calipers For Non P31 C63!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Lightbulb Part Nos. For Straight Swap Of FACTORY SILVER To RED AMG Calipers For Non P31 C63!!!

Hi all,

I am not sure if this information has been made available yet to the members of this board or not, but I have information regarding the correct part numbers for front and rear RED AMG calipers that will fit in a Non P31 performance package facelift 2012 C63 AMG Sedan! These parts might also work on other years, but I know that there is no issue with this swap on the 2012 C63 Sedans.

I did NOT opt for the performance package on my 2012 C63 Sedan and ended up with the silver AMG calipers. I suddenly started feeling like I HAD to have the RED calipers!

I did not prefer to have my silver ones painted because the dealerships in my area would not treat these calipers as "Factory OEM parts" and thus would not cover the "painted ones" under my 7 year extended new car AMG warranty.

I then proceeded to have the parts department look up and order all 8 AMG calipers that were indicated in the EPC as RED and the ones that fit WITHOUT any modifications on my car were the following part numbers:

204-421-21-11 - Front
204-421-20-11 - Front
204-423-99-98 - Rear
204-423-00-97 - Rear

Now this is simply a swap of the AMG SILVER to the AMG RED caliper part numbers indicated above.

I am not sure of the left and right as it does not say that on the part numbers or the boxes they came in, but the above calipers fit WITHOUT any modifications and also DO NOT need swapping the standard rotors, brake lines e.t.c. These calipers will work with anything from 18" and up wheels as well without any clearance issue.

IF you are able to get an awesome deal on these (I negotiated these down a LOT from their "sticker" price) you can have yourself genuine RED AMG calipers, granted they will cost more than just getting a shop to paint these for you.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
Keen to know the cost, even the "sticker" price rather than your negotiated price?
Old 06-21-2014, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Very good informative post, thx for sharing.

I bet they cost an arm & leg. What did u do with ur silver calipers? I can't believe ur dealership would void ur brakes warranty cuz u painted them? They prolly just want u to fork the money for new calipers.. Stealer!! Lol
Old 06-21-2014, 09:57 AM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2012 C63 P31 sedan
The front ones are $625 and the rear ones $450 online so I'd imagine OP paid similar to that.

Two grand for red calipers....meh just get them painted if you care that much. I really don't see a dealership voiding your brake warranty because you painted them red and they probably wouldn't even notice. That'd be like voiding for driveshaft warranty because you put different rims on.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:37 AM

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Part Nos. For Straight Swap Of FACTORY SILVER To RED AMG Calipers For Non P31 C63!!!

Originally Posted by Roswell
Very good informative post, thx for sharing.

I bet they cost an arm & leg. What did u do with ur silver calipers? I can't believe ur dealership would void ur brakes warranty cuz u painted them? They prolly just want u to fork the money for new calipers.. Stealer!! Lol

I have not decided what to do with the silver calipers yet...I could sell them if someone is interested maybe...
Old 06-21-2014, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
If a dealership told me that painting a caliper would void the warranty, I'd go to a different dealership. That's ridiculous. I had all 4 of my Porsche calipers removed, powdercoated, new decal applied, and reinstalled for $700. I guess if you could sell your silver calipers for $1500, then it's a wash.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63S AMG SEDAN
I did mine on Porsche Cayenne S in red and C63 in yellow with black logo sticker. Easy to do. Ebay for the decals, on the Porsche I did mess up and put black stickers on red caliper, should have put white on red calipers.
Attached Thumbnails Part Nos. For Straight Swap Of FACTORY SILVER To RED AMG Calipers For Non P31 C63!!!-img_0269.jpg  
Old 06-21-2014, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by pkarandi
I have not decided what to do with the silver calipers yet...I could sell them if someone is interested maybe...
I bet u could sell them quick in the regular C class forum as some of them might want to do the conversion. Just be ready to get lowballed lol
Old 06-21-2014, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
You just probably paid too much vs the caliper exchange program from AGG. They are actually using OEM calipers. So no modidfication required.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by abcut973
You just probably paid too much vs the caliper exchange program from AGG. They are actually using OEM calipers. So no modidfication required.
I don't think so. The ACG exchange program is a great thing and I would have done it myself if their customer had actually returned the calipers I was waiting on. That said, IMO the OP is paying a reasonable premium (given what I think he can get for his old calipers) for factory painted calipers that are brand new. Now, I wouldn't expect calipers to fail but brand new is worth something significant in my book. So, overall the OP's approach makes sense to me.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:59 PM

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Talking Part Nos. For Straight Swap Of FACTORY SILVER To RED AMG Calipers For Non P31 C63!!!

Originally Posted by bhamg
I don't think so. The ACG exchange program is a great thing and I would have done it myself if their customer had actually returned the calipers I was waiting on. That said, IMO the OP is paying a reasonable premium (given what I think he can get for his old calipers) for factory painted calipers that are brand new. Now, I wouldn't expect calipers to fail but brand new is worth something significant in my book. So, overall the OP's approach makes sense to me.
Exactly as you said...I did not want to end up with someone else's calipers not knowing how much and what type of wear and tear was on them. This way, I have these calipers covered with full 7 year warranty and with the deal I got on these it was hard to pass them up!
Old 06-27-2014, 03:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG E63s
Originally Posted by pkarandi
Exactly as you said...I did not want to end up with someone else's calipers not knowing how much and what type of wear and tear was on them. This way, I have these calipers covered with full 7 year warranty and with the deal I got on these it was hard to pass them up!
Ditto. Although I imagine that most calipers rarely if ever fail or endure enough stress even with someone who brakes like crazy. I'd assume the pads and rotors would suffer, but not the calipers. Just a guess. You could go crazy and alternate 1 caliper red, 1 caliper silver, etc.