Weistec Modified AMG Owners Real World Performance Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Weistec Modified AMG Owners Real World Performance Thread

I was running my Weistec supercharged C BS and SLS BS at the Chicago Wanna Go Fast 1/2 Mile Airstrip event this past weekend. Much to my delight there were a lot of AMG's running this event. Several E55's, E63's, C63's a couple C55's, E63S's and a couple SL63's and SL65's, all in all a very nice AMG turn out. In addition to the AMG's running the event there were dozens of spectators that rolled in in AMGs. There were more AMGs at this event than any other event I have ever run.

Throughout the weekend several of the AMG owners worked their way over to my pit to say hi and check out my cars, some of you I knew from here on MBW but had never met in person and a few of you I had met before and a couple were new all together. On more than one occasion I had AMG owners asking me very specific questions as to what type of performance they can expect with a certain AMG model with a certain Weistec modification. Believe it or not I don't know everthing lol, and did not have answers to many of their questions and while Weistec's website is very informative and easy to navigate it does not address specific real world results that many of you want.

I know there are a zillion threads on this site with peoples results but I figure why not put them all in one place. If you own any model AMG C, E, S, SL etc with any Weistec mod and have run it at a drag strip or a 1/2 or mile event please make a short post listing year and model of you AMG and what mods you run and your track results. Don't forget to mention if you are running hearders, cats, pump or race gas and any other info that could be important. Feel free to share dyno figures if you have them as well. I think this could end up being a very informative thread once it gets going.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I will start

2008 CLK63 Black Series

Over 1000 whp

1/4 mile 9.1 @150 MPH
1/2 mile(rolling) 187 mph

E85
Weistec Stage Supercharger
Weistec ecu tune
Weistec forged rods and pistons
Weistec race ported heads
Weistec cams
Weistec fabricated LT headers no cats or mufflers
Weistec transmision upgrade
Weistec custom intake
Cf roof and hood
CCW wheels
Lightweight race seats
Full roll cage

2014 SLS Black Series

1/4 mile 10.7 @ 139mph
1/2 mile(standing) 168mph

Weistec SLS Stage 3 Supercharger
Weistec SLS LT headers
Weistec dry filters
700whp
Pump gas and pump gas tune.
200 treadwear tires (harder tha stock) (not drag radials)
20" Klassen Forged Wheels
Old 06-24-2014, 11:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
2008 C63

Dynoed at 446kw or 598whp

Weistec Stage II Supercharger w/ Oil/Air Seperator
iPE Full Valvetronic Exhaust
Full interior with no weight reduction
Pump Fuel - 98RON (equivalent to 93R+M/2)
Carbonio Airbox
OEM multispoke 19s on front, w/ OEM Conti tyres
OEM 5-spoke 18s on rear, w/ MT ET Streets 265/40
OEM everything else

1/4 mile - 11.1 @ 127mph

Will update with some more times in the near future. Got some 16s and Hoosiers this week, and planning to run some MS109. Aiming for 10s.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
^ If you were on a street tire running the 11.1 you'll see 10's. I'd imagine you were having a hell of a time just getting the car to hook.

Supposedly a few cars have seen 10's while N/A and the difference being a dedicated track tire setup. Everything else was just FBO.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:19 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
To the OP, this is a good start to get folks baselines and on or about numbers with diffreent setups, but before this gets any bigger, how about coming up with a standard set of information to place here?

Car MY/Model/Trim:
Tire make/Sizes/treadwear:
Wheels make/model/weight:
Engine Mods:
Suspension Mods:
Dyno results (if any):
Any other pertinent mods:
1/4 mile time slip:

Something similar to the above, not necessarilly like that or in that order, but if a pre-determined set of info is agreed upon, that will give folks a better understanding of the mods applied and so forth. Whatever is agreed upon, the new poster simply cuts and paste the format to his/her post and provides the info specific to them and what is known at the time.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C 63
Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
To the OP, this is a good start to get folks baselines and on or about numbers with diffreent setups, but before this gets any bigger, how about coming up with a standard set of information to place here?

Car MY/Model/Trim:
Engine Mods:
Suspension Mods:
Dyno results (if any):
1/4 mile time slip:

Something similar to the above, not necessarilly like that or in that order, but if a pre-determined set of info is agreed upon, that will give folks a better understanding of the mods applied and so forth. Whatever is agreed upon, the new poster simply cuts and paste the format to his/her post and provides the info specific to them and what is known at the time.

i will second that great idea
Old 06-25-2014, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver

Car MY/Model/Trim:
Engine Mods:
Suspension Mods:
Dyno results (if any):
1/4 mile time slip:

Sounds good to me, might not hurt to add DA as well. Just thought a single thread that addresses different Weistec "Stages', might help people rather than having to work through the pages of results that come up when you use the forum search tool.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
2013 CLS63

623 WHP / 797 WTQ pump gas

Stock turbos
Weistec ECU tune
Weistec Cooling upgrade
BMC airfilters
Catless downpipes
20" HRE P40SC w/ Hankook V12

1/2 mile(rolling) 168mph on race gas
Old 06-26-2014, 12:00 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
Originally Posted by jrcart
Sounds good to me, might not hurt to add DA as well. Just thought a single thread that addresses different Weistec "Stages', might help people rather than having to work through the pages of results that come up when you use the forum search tool.
I hear you and agree that this would answer a lot of questions. This thread has the potential to become a sticky, so I thought if information is entered in a uniform manner, it makes those questions easier to answer to some folks especially if they are looking for specific setups, what they do and real world results. It's your thread, just providing some input.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Weistec Supercharged
2010 C63 (Standard)
Stage 2 Weistec supercharged
Full IPE exhaust
Carbinio Intake
KW DDC Suspension
Quaife LSD

Dyno results- 605 WHP / 528 Wheel Torque

Next mods- Ice tank, transmission valve body and TCU upgrade, Replace head bolts with ARP studs.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG Weistec 3.0l
2006 CLS55
Eagle F1 Asy 305/30/19 rear/ 255/35/19 front
Team Dynamics 11kg
Weistec 3.0l blower, Ice tank, EC HE
Arnott
598rwhp 592rwtq

Having a few issues since the install with IAT's and B28 sensor so lots of dyno and logging going on

These are definitely not bolt on as Weistec advertise. Add another few thousand $$$$ for extra cooling and should be about right

X-pipe, 3" cat delete
1/4 mile time slip:
Old 08-17-2014, 01:56 PM

2010 C63 AMG Evo3 done by Evosport, 2005 CLK55 Amg KLeeman supercharged stage 4,
For the tux and valve throttle body upgrade

I would just say I'm going to take this down for now, till detailed thread will be started. I'm not going to rant. I'll say the facts will be presented in an non bias form and my fellow enthusiast can check it out. That's it.

Last edited by seanthebomb; 08-17-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by seanthebomb
Hey joe first off not trying to interrupt the thread but I do have several amg's that I have modified as well as ones in my past. However my main reason of responding to your post is bc weistec has consistently failed me, and worst of all there could be a bigger issue. That's why I just would recommend personally from my experience in weistec after several cars that to go somewhere else for those upgrades. I was burned once before by them but I figured I'd give Steve and mike another shot, because I didn't think it could be every car. I just had a serious issue in my brand new AMG that I finally got a month and a half ago which was modified by weistec for only 3 days which it sat there and one day I took it home. I don't want to start a thread yet, but when MB has finished fixing the issue I can give you the exact diagnosis and the headache as a result of the work done by weistec. Car was not even driven more then 45 miles by me in comfort mode and before I left I mentioned the issue I noticed driving it around there location, where Steve shrugged it off. There is so much to this story, the fact is that I can say this with 100% certainty they are not ethical like they portray themselves to be is a fact. Just trying to look out for fellow enthusiasts.
LMAO, 16 posts since 2010???? You Troll......You can not even properly structure a sentence and you expect people to take you seriously??.. How about some details to support your serious claims.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:48 PM

2010 C63 AMG Evo3 done by Evosport, 2005 CLK55 Amg KLeeman supercharged stage 4,
LMAO, 16 posts since 2010???? You Troll......You can not even properly structure a sentence and you expect people to take you seriously??.. How about some details to support your serious claims.
I'm not vexed or agitated by your child like remarks. Yes you are correct, not too many threads or posts. I do not dispute that, however, I thought a forum is to exchange experiences and support fellow enthusiasts, and a place to exchange ideas. Maybe I was wrong but that's why I will present a detailed and thorough thread so you can talk all the smack then. Let's let the facts be the judge if that's okay with you? Because otherwise, you just might bite your tounge and see on the level after I present a detailed chain of events w/ correspondence. . If I was one to troll ( I honestly don't understand that term of jargon), then I would put them on blast without merit. That's it.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:33 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
There is a reason manufacturers have warranties,due to Malfunction of some sort,Weistec is trying hence the mistakes.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Ram 2500 Limited 2013 Harley CVO Road Glide
I get a kick out of comments such as these.. No offence JR, but if he had 350 posts of "needs a drop.." / "love the wheels, sick bro.." / "how much for xxx shipped to..", or other repetitive comments on countless threads, his story would be more legit?

I'm another who rarely posts, but if I had an issue with something Weistec (don't have any of their product), or any other manufacturer, my experiences would be less valid?

He said he is starting a thread listing all issues/concerns, could at least give him the courtesy of hearing him out before forming an opinion on the veracity of his claims..

Just my $0.02

Should add that I am considering a stage 2 setup after researching the cost involved to purchase a new Jag F-Type. For substantially less dollars I would have
superior performance, and a pile of dollars leftover for gas/tire money, hence my participation in this conversation :-)

Last edited by GRam; 08-18-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GRam
I get a kick out of comments such as these.. No offence JR, but if he had 350 posts of "needs a drop.." / "love the wheels, sick bro.." / "how much for xxx shipped to..", or other repetitive comments on countless threads, his story would be more legit?

I'm another who rarely posts, but if I had an issue with something Weistec (don't have any of their product), or any other manufacturer, my experiences would be less valid?

He said he is starting a thread listing all issues/concerns, could at least give him the courtesy of hearing him out before forming an opinion on the veracity of his claims..

Just my $0.02

Should add that I am considering a stage 2 setup after researching the cost involved to purchase a new Jag F-Type. For substantially less dollars I would have
superior performance, and a pile of dollars leftover for gas/tire money, hence my participation in this conversation :-)
I don't have a problem with people with low post counts posting, what I have a problem with is someone coming out of nowhere with negative accusations about a proven and respected vendor/tuner with absolutley no facts posted to back up their claims. If you are going to slam a vendor you damn well better be ready to post up facts to support your claims. I guarantee I was not the onky person thinking "troll", I was just the one that had the sack to cal him out on it. The guy is obviously full of crap, he still has not posted up any factual info. Furthermore he could not be more wrong about Mike and Steve not caring. I have seen them hop on a plane on their dollar to fly to a customer to get a problem solved. On another occasion they were here in Chicago for a weekend racing with me and ended up working for a day and a half on another customers car that would not run properly, after a day and a half of debugging they discovered a crack in the header(installed and produced by a different vendor) was the root of the problem....and guess what, they never sent that customer a bill for their work. I am not saying that everyone is always going to get that kind of treatment , but for anyone to say they do not care about their customers is a bunch of bull. I am not a noob, I have had cars built by Dinan, Lingenfelter, Evosport and my experiences with Weistec is by far the most professional and most customer oriented tuner I have ever dealt with.

.....not to mention they built the fastest MB in the world.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:35 PM

CLS55 AMG Weistec 3.0l
Joe

Having heat issues, currently being worked on at MSL in the UK.
I have the trunk tank, EC Heat exchanger, Meth kit and about to fit KC but IAT's are at constant 45c during normal driving and 70c+ on a hard pull. They do recover back down to 45c after 5-10 seconds but still too high

Hopefully KC will improve but for a bolt on kit, shouldn't really need to fit 4 different cooling mods for the price it cost for the blower just to get IAT's to normal

Any suggestions to help?
Old 08-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by ChrisCLS-AMG
Joe

Having heat issues, currently being worked on at MSL in the UK.
I have the trunk tank, EC Heat exchanger, Meth kit and about to fit KC but IAT's are at constant 45c during normal driving and 70c+ on a hard pull. They do recover back down to 45c after 5-10 seconds but still too high

Hopefully KC will improve but for a bolt on kit, shouldn't really need to fit 4 different cooling mods for the price it cost for the blower just to get IAT's to normal

Any suggestions to help?
Do you have their cold air intake on your car? Those IAT's are too high. Acid at MSL should be able to help you
Old 08-20-2014, 12:39 AM

CLS55 AMG Weistec 3.0l
Yes, I have their air intake system also.
It is in good hands with the guys at MSL, just wanted some more info from you guys over the water as you're way ahead of us in the mod game
Old 08-20-2014, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
What are normal or desirable IATs??

Do the 55s run hotter?
Old 08-20-2014, 11:45 AM

CLS55 AMG Weistec 3.0l
The 55k has always had heat issues with stock blower and more so with the Weistec system.

On an easy cruise of less than 2k rpm IAT stays at 115f and on a hard pull rises to 160f.
Would ideally be looking for cruise IAT to be under 100f and not to go past 140/145f on a hard pull.
will let you know once Killer Chiller is fitted and take it from there.

Shame Steve or Mike from Weistec aren't commenting.....could do with understanding the IAT's from their point of view
Old 08-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
those IAT seem in line with a stock blower.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:49 PM

CLS55 AMG Weistec 3.0l
Originally Posted by shardul
those IAT seem in line with a stock blower.
Not when you consider the cooling mods I have

Before the Weistec install IAT's would be around 95f and on a hard pull 140/150f with the Weistec Trunk tank & EC HE

Surely the temps should be much lower with a larger blower and extra cooling mods?
Old 08-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Originally Posted by ChrisCLS-AMG
The 55k has always had heat issues with stock blower and more so with the Weistec system.

On an easy cruise of less than 2k rpm IAT stays at 115f and on a hard pull rises to 160f.
Would ideally be looking for cruise IAT to be under 100f and not to go past 140/145f on a hard pull.
will let you know once Killer Chiller is fitted and take it from there.
We do apologize for your experiences. We do have a tech department that is fully committed to assisting all of our customers. We provide immediate response and feedback to any issues you may be experiencing. Have you tried to email tech@weistec.com?

Can you provide us with the current modifications you have on the car? We would be more than willing to assist in this matter once we get an idea of what your car has installed. Thanks!

Weistec Engineering

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec Modified AMG Owners Real World Performance Thread